• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale |OT| Indie RPG with determination and spider bake sales

Altima

Is there any guide for easiest way to beat the game for pacifist ending?

Have just finish the game in neutral ending.

Is there any guide for easiest way to beat the game for pacifist ending?

Have just finish the game in neutral ending.

You need to make friends with everyone. Its possible to do this with everyone but Alphys on the neutral ending. For Alphys, just walk back from Asgore's fight and Undyne will call you, go from there.

That is, if you didn't gain any EXP on your Neutral run. If you did, restart and don't kill anyone while making friends with Papyrus, Undyne and Alphys. This doesn't take as long as you would think if you rush through it and speak to no NPCs

Acerac

Banned
For what it's worth, Undertale is down 20% on Pokemon RBY on that GameFaqs contest.

With such a vital contest on the line you know you must support Undertale. ;)

For what it's worth, Undertale is down 20% on Pokemon RBY on that GameFaqs contest.

With such a vital contest on the line you know you must support Undertale. ;)
I voted for the superior game about fighting monsters and befriending them.
BWM2KPw.png

Just finished it with the couldn't commit to being a homicidal maniac or ghandi ending. Only really killed a couple things near the beginning including
Toriel and those 2 dogs
. Really enjoyed the game, pretty funny at times and the music was baller. So is it just the 3 endings total?

Oh yeah that uhhh, last stretch was some
trippy shit. PC version of 999 lol

DNAbro

Just finished it with the couldn't commit to being a homicidal maniac or ghandi ending. Only really killed a couple things near the beginning including
Toriel and those 2 dogs
. Really enjoyed the game, pretty funny at times and the music was baller. So is it just the 3 endings total?

Oh yeah that uhhh, last stretch was some
trippy shit. PC version of 999 lol

Pacifist and genocide both have exclusive content and endings, while neutral has various different shades of endings depending on who is dead and alive. Also would recommend going through again and doing a pacifist run. There is a lot of new stuff that happens and gets explained.

Tagyhag

Sölf;188480987 said:
So, Undertale vs. Pokemon at the Gamefaqs vote for Best game of the forever. And it's gaining votes fast. It had nearly 2% less 2 hours ago.

Yo, GameFAQ users are SO salty that Undertale has been beating other games.

They're even calling us PedoGAF lol.

Me thinks people are taking a popularity contest way too serious.

Sölf

Well, the game is good and I definitly consider it better then Pokemon by this point in time. I actually probably consider it better then any other remaining game, but eh. xD

There are some cool people over on GameFAQs, I wouldn't categorize them along with the people who just show up for the polling.

Check them out when it calms down, it only gets this bad when peoples' bracket predictions get destroyed by rallying communities.

I'm still ecstatic about Undertale being able to make it with the rallies. The despair it creates is kind of ironic considering it's a Earthbound inspired game that the Nintendo fans are getting upset about.

Tagyhag

There are some cool people over on GameFAQs, I wouldn't categorize them along with the people who just show up for the polling.

Check them out when it calms down, it only gets this bad when peoples' bracket predictions get destroyed by rallying communities.

I'm still ecstatic about Undertale being able to make it with the rallies. The despair it creates is kind of ironic considering it's a Earthbound inspired game that the Nintendo fans are getting upset about.

Yeah the FAQ writers are cool, it's just hilarious to see some of the forum users basically imploding.

Getting angry at Undertale for "rallying votes" and then having to do that for other games.

Questioning the mental health of Undertale fans while the forum's front page is pretty much only people shitting on the game.

It's amazing what impact something so meaningless has.

Kangi

I mean, if these polls had any legitimacy, half the results so far would be very questionable. So I have no problem seeing Undertale win some little popularity contest if it means watching people's worlds end.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Undertale v Pokemon is truly a strange battle.
I mean, they have practically the same artstyle

Weiss

Banned
It's not explicitly stated, just implied,
hence why people have been interpreting that line as "i would have killed you on sight".

Well, he does show up
to distract Undyne during the chase. If I recall correctly he's not there if you kill Papyrus.

Weiss

Banned
Oh man, you thought the nerd rage was bad when Undertale beat Super Mario World.

We are going to see a torrent of salt if this beats Pokemon nostalgia goggles.

I love Pokemon, but I voted Undertale because I never played Gen 1.

Also, although Pokemon is really important to me as my first game beaten alone (Silver) and one of my most played series (as a whole), I think I like UT better.

Acerac

Banned
Oh man, you thought the nerd rage was bad when Undertale beat Super Mario World.

We are going to see a torrent of salt if this beats Pokemon nostalgia goggles.

It's been staging a massive comeback all day. It was well over 7k votes behind earlier.

This match is on lock.

DNAbro

I love Pokemon, but I voted Undertale because I never played Gen 1.

Also, although Pokemon is really important to me as my first game beaten alone (Silver) and one of my most played series (as a whole), I think I like UT better.

Gen 1 is the worst and imo doesn't hold up today. Gold and Silver hold up a bit better.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
It's especially funny since Pokemon is the very foremost exponent of the JRPG tradition Undertale is deconstructing.

Velcro Fly

Undertale is this contest's meme game that the rest of the internet is propping up to win to make GameFAQs mad.

Last time it was Draven in a character contest.

(meme as in they are doing it for lulz. i have no opinion on the game itself since i haven't played it)

I appreciate that the thread is now half Undertale talk and half "lol gamefaqs poll". The salt is delicious

Anyways, I'd just like to say that this game has been my favorite gift to give friends this year. Seeing reactions to the games plot, silly little nuances and multiple endings has become a guilty pleasure of mine.

It's fascinating having RPG enthusiasts laugh at things like the shops not buying your items. A lot of the games jokes like that could have fallen flat, but the writing carries it super hard.

Megalovania is the song of the year.

Fou-Lu

Undertale is this contest's meme game that the rest of the internet is propping up to win to make GameFAQs mad.

Last time it was Draven in a character contest.

(meme as in they are doing it for lulz. i have no opinion on the game itself since i haven't played it)

This is a factually amazing game though, so I don't see how it is just for the lulz.

Weiss

Banned
It's left more of an impression on me than basically any game I can remember.

It's this generation's Earthbound.

DNAbro

Is Undertale really that good?

It's hard not to over hype it but yeah imo it is. It is easily, and I mean easily one of the absolute best games I've ever played. It isn't just one of the best indies, it's one of the best, period. 2+ months out and I'm still obsessed with it. Very few games have had the impact on me that this has had.

Aurongel

I'm jaded as fuck to basically all games and Undertale is one of the freshest experiences I've had in a damn long time.

That's a game that goes places.

I don't like hyping it up, but as someone who was kind of suffering from RPG fatigue, Undertale was a really unique experience that I really resonated with.

If you go into it expecting a game that demolishes every RPG ever created, you'r certainly not going to like it. If you played Earthbound or are familiar with what it represents, expect that.

Either way, you'd do yourself a disservice to spoil it or watch someone else play it, you should be the one to experience it.

Ilvocare

I enjoyed myself, at least.

In all honesty IMO, the more you know about the game the worse it gets. I honestly wish there was a better response to your question other than "just go play it and don't talk to people who know about the game until you are COMPLETELY satisfied with it."

There's a demo you can play (and for what it's worth, I played the demo like a year ago), but honestly the demo doesn't really show you where the game ends up at well enough. That being said, if you enjoy the demo at all, then by all means pick up the game.

Kangi

Looks like it beat Pokemon. Its next match will be against Super Mario 64... gonna take a lot of determination to beat that nostalgia.

I must say the latest results from the GameFAQs poll made me check out this thread and what this game is all about. While people might say "lol, GFAQs popularity pollz". It does make a difference for an indie developer with free PR and all that. According to SteamSpy, the sales have been steadily increasing, too.

It will be interesting to see how much Undertale will sell during Steam Holiday Sale if it wins the GameFAQs poll.

It's hard not to get caught up in the hype, but personally, it made me feel the way video games used to make me feel (before
depression/anxiety
). It made me laugh, cry, and I ended up playing through it like 3 times. I was genuinely really excited for it, and it ended up surpassing my expectations.

So yeah, it's good.

Top Bottom