• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she'll go blind. In the books it was like one chapter that's it. How do you portray blindness on a show anyway? I suppose showing her eyes wide open then a POV of her with near darkness, but on this show it might be corny.

Why does it need to be from her POV? She wakes up, freaks out or at least is startled/heart racing with a terrified manner expression as we see her eyes having turned whitish and cut to black and play credits.

It happened in her last chapter for AFfC so it felt longer when picking things up in ADWD but okay make that an episode cliffhanger instead that gets resolved a couple episodes later this season when she gets her site back. If Arya is ever going to warg this season is probably the time to do it and her going blind was important in her doing so beyond her wolf dreams. Then again last season I was expecting Jon to have those dreams but oh well. I'll still hold out and lightly expect one of them to warg this season especially with Bran not showing up this year and Arya seems more likely since if Jon does it it'd probably come from his assassination as speculated with what happened with Robb and Greywind. If they really are adamant on keeping the warging thing something only Bran does when it comes to the Starks then, meh.

Brakke

Banned
tumblr_naj2vwMdxQ1tco6epo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_naj2vwMdxQ1tco6epo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_naj2vwMdxQ1tco6epo4_1280.jpg

fucken bulbasaur

http://chryswatchesgot.tumblr.com/post/95142979782/chrys-watches-got-x

Speevy

Banned
I want to play a game, just for kicks.

I was having this discussion with a buddy of mine and we had some fun with it.

Okay, pick any two characters, alive or dead that are/were on the show. Now imagine the actor who plays the character.

You have to switch roles so each actor would play the other one's role. You could either do it for laughs (like Conleth Hill playing The Mountain), or more serious (Richard Madden and Kit Harrington switching places).

You could even go a step further and imagine something that doesn't seem to work, but might add an interesting twist on the show. For example, what if you switched Natalie Dormer and Emilia Clarke?

You'd obviously have to do wigs/dyed hair which isn't a problem since neither Lena Headley nor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau are blonde anyway.

Imagine a different actor playing Ramsay. Who do you think could pull it off? How about Alfie Allen himself?

Anyway, it's just a dumb little idea I had.

Mxrz

After rewatching season four, would think there'd be more magical stuff this season. Its hard to put the skeletons and elves back into the narrative box, even if Bran is sitting out this season. Not sure any of the book scenes would make an ending on par with that this season.

Partition

Banned
After rewatching season four, would think there'd be more magical stuff this season. Its hard to put the skeletons and elves back into the narrative box, even if Bran is sitting out this season. Not sure any of the book scenes would make an ending on par with that this season.

Dany landing in the desert as a dothraki walks up to her would be pretty cool

Ratrat

Anyone think that Blackfish will replace LSH? He can join Beric, that'll allow Brienne to have some semblance of a storyline where she is forced to make an oath to kill Jaime in order to save Pod. Pod will die anyway to fill the death quota. There is just nothing else for Brienne to do...

image.php

Not trusting you on matters of animated anything tbh
<3

I'd rather watch Jon-senpai not notice Dany-kun than eat nach-o-reos.

Why does everyone assume I'm into shonen shit when I constantly insult it?

I'm seeing a tsundere Arya and an oblivious Jon. Dany is the foreign rich girl. Sam is transformed into the clumsy and adorable girl with huge tits.

[/deceased]

But that's exactly what we would end up with. They don't ever have to animate crappy tropes but you still get them constantly. Maybe if HBO had an animated series...I remember that Spawn series that did being fun to watch for a few years.

Wylla thinks she's a great cook who makes wonderful Frey pies, but she's really terrible.

Implying the series would be done buy Toei animation or some such. I'd probably have the guys behind Monster or some equally mature seinen handle it. You could also have western non-Disney studios involved though I have maintained the stance that Pixar could do with a label meant for adult audiences and not just heart wrenching E rated stuff

Anyone think that Blackfish will replace LSH? He can join Beric, that'll allow Brienne to have some semblance of a storyline where she is forced to make an oath to kill Jaime in order to save Pod. Pod will die anyway to fill the death quota. There is just nothing else for Brienne to do...

I think once they cut LSH last season, all of the going ons in the Riverlands/Brotherhood went with it. Blackfish is a minor character that was never developed much on the show. I don't think that is going to change now. The show has enough stories to juggle that I think they're done with anything in regards to the Riverlands and LSH.

They should have just killed the Blackfish at the Red Wedding. It's weird how he survived and then disappeared. At least Gendry has a reason to hide and live somewhere quietly.

Ratrat

I think once they cut LSH last season, all of the going ons in the Riverlands/Brotherhood went with it. Blackfish is a minor character that was never developed much on the show. I don't think that is going to change now. The show has enough stories to juggle that I think they're done with anything in regards to the Riverlands and LSH.
While it does seem like they ditched the Riverlands, I hope they at least give the audience a hint as to Edmures fate. Not having the Blackfish resurface would be really lame....but it's not like he's done anything in the books either.

While it does seem like they ditched the Riverlands, I hope they at least give the audience a hint as to Edmures fate. Not having the Blackfish resurface would be really lame....but it's not like he's done anything in the books either.

They'll have to do something with the Freys eventually, that at least isn't something they can ignore after the Red Wedding. Perhaps they will tie Sansa's plotline in with that in a future season.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The LSH plot was one of the worst in the books, though. It's absence won't be missed.

Ikael

I cannot believe that I am not alone thinking that only an animated series would make the best ASOIAF adaptation yet. The sheer scale of the books is just impossible to reflect on TV, HBO or not
Madhouse pls

Moff

I cannot believe that I am not alone thinking that only an animated series would make the best ASOIAF adaptation yet. The sheer scale of the books is just impossible to reflect on TV, HBO or not
Madhouse pls

we talked about that before, and people said it would probably be good, but not nearly as popular, not nearly as successful.

we talked about that before, and people said it would probably be good, but not nearly as popular, not nearly as successful.

It wouldn't exist because who is going to fund it? No one has any reason to create such a thing, the books certainly don't need it for promotion.

Faddy

Banned
Madhouse pls

The books have classic anime pacing where the number of things that happen decrease as the series goes on as the characters devolve into endless naval gazing.

Iksenpets

Banned
They'll have to do something with the Freys eventually, that at least isn't something they can ignore after the Red Wedding. Perhaps they will tie Sansa's plotline in with that in a future season.

Yeah, I think they're cutting all the Riverlands stuff for now, but everyone will somehow pivot back there for season six. Whatever is going down at Riverrun in the next book with the Freys is probably too big to cut.

It could just be that in the books Stannis is going to march South and end up in that general vicinity anyway, so getting Brienne and and Sansa into his orbit would be a sensible way to condense things for now, since he'll end up dragging them where they're eventually supposed to go anyway. Then somehow loop Jaime into it as he makes his way north from Dorne and everyone's where they need to be

The LSH plot was one of the worst in the books, though. It's absence won't be missed.
I'm missing it. I was enjoying it in the books. More than anything to do with Mereen at least. And the Queenmaker plot. I'm actually really interested to see where it's going.

They should have just killed the Blackfish at the Red Wedding. It's weird how he survived and then disappeared. At least Gendry has a reason to hide and live somewhere quietly.
Why? His status quo in the books is "on the run after escaping Riverrun" and in the show it's "on the run after escaping the Red Wedding." Functionally the same if he's ever needed again.

Why? His status quo in the books is "on the run after escaping Riverrun" and in the show it's "on the run after escaping the Red Wedding." Functionally the same if he's ever needed again.

Good point.

The lack of Blackfish news is one of my top 5 AFFC/ADWD disappointments. Alongside no update on Robb's will.

Good point.

The lack of Blackfish news is one of my top 5 AFFC/ADWD disappointments. Alongside no update on Robb's will.

I think one thing GRRM enjoys doing is leaving certain mysteries to be answered only when it feels like the answers to them are no longer important (e.g. discovering that it was Joffrey who hired the assassin to stab Bran and discovering that it was Littlefinger and Lysa behind Jon Arryn's death in ASOS). I would not be at all surprised to see that happen with a bunch of the current big questions.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
How much story does Jon actually have left? Aren't we most of the way into ADWD now?

Speevy

Banned
How much story does Jon actually have left? Aren't we most of the way into ADWD now?

He still has to die, but how he dies, whether he's resurrected, and how all that will come to pass is anybody's guess given how much they've diverted from the path already.

Not that much considering all the cuts, I suppose that why we're getting an extended Hardhomme arc. There are no Karstarks, Val, or baby switch. Mance is dead and Tormund is already at the wall. We won't be spending time looking at storage cellars either.

Not that much considering all the cuts, I suppose that why we're getting an extended Hardhomme arc. There are no Karstarks, Val, or baby switch. Mance is dead and Tormund is already at the wall. We won't be spending time looking at storage cellars either.

If Jon doesn't cut off Slint's head I'm going to brogue kick my television into the wall.

What are the other three?

My list would be stuff I assumed would happen in ADWD, based on the endings of ASOS and AFFC. So outside of Robb's will and the Blackfish...Tyrion not meeting Dany. Also, not learning Coldhands' identity or getting a hint. Yea we did learn he died a long ass time ago which means he's not Benjen Stark, but I was expecting more.

dunno what the fifth would be...I'll have to think about it lol

Quite a bit. In the books, he actually becomes commander at the end of ASOS, well before the whole burn-the-king-beyond-the-wall scene in ADWD.

His remaining ADWD story is partly about balancing the need to bolster his numbers with wildlings with the hatred the Watch has for wildlings, and then Hardhome, and then the pink letter and the 'for the watch' scene.

I strongly doubt the pink letter thing is happening at all on the show, and I strongly doubt he's getting stabbed as a cliffhanger (if it happens, it'll happen in early S6).

Showaddy

If Jon doesn't cut off Slint's head I'm going to brogue kick my television into the wall.

That's 100% got to be in at some point, if they changed it to Jon personally shooting Mance no way they won't have him executing Slynt. I expect them to slightly change that line though much to the communities anguish.

If/when they do it they need to use that Greyjoy theme again as well, made Theon & Robb's execution scenes amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom