• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothar

Banned
When will the Freys be shown again? It's idiotic that they're never talked about anymore or what happened to Edmure and Blackfish. Jaime's river run story would have been really interesting this season because of that.

kswiston

When will the Freys be shown again? It's idiotic that they're never talked about anymore or what happened to Edmure and Blackfish. Jaime's river run story would have been really interesting this season because of that.

That story didn't have enough action in it. They seem to be cutting a lot of the meandering plots.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160748239]What will it take for people to just accept that Stoneheart was a shit twist that goes nowhere and deserved to be cut?[/QUOTE]

How did it go nowhere? Have you read the next book? It was more interesting and went further than anything which happened in Dorne or Mereen in the last two books at least. It was also the only interesting thing to happen to Brienne & Pod's arc. There's nothing left for them to do without her.

Iksenpets

Banned
That story didn't have enough action in it. They seem to be cutting a lot of the meandering plots.

The Riverlands plot in Feast is all just set up. Whatever action is happening there isn't happening until Winds, so it makes sense to just cut the setup and only get back to the Riverlands when shit is actually going down.

And Stoneheart is gone. Some version of her plot will probably be in for when it becomes something more than just setup in season 6, but with other Brotherhood characters instead of her. They just don't like the resurrection angle.

How did it go nowhere? Have you read the next book? It was more interesting and went further than anything which happened in Dorne or Mereen in the last two books at least. It was also the only interesting thing to happen to Brienne & Pod's arc. There's nothing left for them to do without her.

Brienne is probably getting a complete rewrite. They're dropping the climax of her plot because they're writing some completely different climax for it.

Out of all the self-indulgent plot lines in AFFC and ADWD, "Jaime resolves some sieges in the Riverlands in the least dramatic way possible" was the nadir. I'd far, far rather see him getting involved in the Dorne plot than seeing that adapted.

M.Bluth

I feel like show watchers would have no idea who Slynt is

They had several scenes of him acting sleezy for a while, and he had a relatively long scene acting cowardly in battle of castle black last season.
Any show watchers who still have no idea who Slynt is, is simply not paying any attention. Before the head chopping day, I'm sure the "previously on" will show him betraying Ned, too.

Out of all the self-indulgent plot lines in AFFC and ADWD, "Jaime resolves some sieges in the Riverlands in the least dramatic way possible" was the nadir. I'd far, far rather see him getting involved in the Dorne plot than seeing that adapted.

That was fantastic character work. Jaime displays how far he's come and is hated regardless.

Dysun

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160748239]What will it take for people to just accept that Stoneheart was a shit twist that goes nowhere and deserved to be cut?[/QUOTE]

Why do people keep trying to convince others of what they find interesting or not.
Jaime/Brienne going to Stoneheart is one of my most anticipated chapters in the next book, as well as the possibility of the Frey's getting their own Red Wedding

That was fantastic character work. Jaime displays how far he's come and is hated regardless.

Character work and actually exciting incidents are not mutually exclusive concepts.

ASOS did an excellent job of exploring how Jaime works as a character while still giving him a great deal of exciting plotlines. AFFC and ADWD didn't, in the slightest.

Patriots7

How do you figure? Even last season he keeps popping up to be a prick and say "but I was commander of the city watch!".
It happened four years ago and he was not really central in the event itself.

My roommates had no idea who he was last season.
I don't know, maybe I'm grossly underestimating the audiences ability to connect the dots.

Iksenpets

Banned
It happened four years ago and he was not really central in the event itself.

My roommates had no idea who he was last season.
I don't know, maybe I'm grossly underestimating the audiences ability to connect the dots.

I don't think anyone but the most attentive will have pieced together the whole Janos story of watch captain til now, but even for people who don't remember it, they'll know he's a prick. It might not be the full pact of realizing that Jon executes one of the men who helped kill his father, but it'll be an enjoyable scene for them regardless.

Lothar

Banned

Anything that would tell us more about what the Freys, Edmure, Blackfish, and the rest of Riverrun is doing would be a good thing and taking that away is stupid as fuck. It would be nice just to remind the viewers about all of them since they haven't been seen in two years.

I'd take any Jaime plot line that actually picks a direction for his character arc and not "Oh I have a crush on Brienne and I want to be a better person but actually I'm gonna rape Cersei and oh I want to be an honorable Kingsguard but actually I'm gonna throw the White Book off the table to have sex with Cersei again"

duckroll

Anything that would tell us more about what the Freys, Edmure, Blackfish, and the rest of Riverrun is doing would be a good thing and taking that away is stupid as fuck. It would be nice just to remind the viewers about all of them since they haven't been seen in two years.

What makes you think the show has any interest in doing much more with them though?

What makes you think the show has any interest in doing much more with them though?

The Red Wedding is a big enough deal that I can't see them not putting in some revenge plot against the Freys in a future season. It'll likely be quite different from what happens in the books, but that's one plot thread that doesn't make sense for them to drop.

suzu

I'd take any Jaime plot line that actually picks a direction for his character arc and not "Oh I have a crush on Brienne and I want to be a better person but actually I'm gonna rape Cersei and oh I want to be an honorable Kingsguard but actually I'm gonna throw the White Book off the table to have sex with Cersei again"

I wonder when they will have Jaime turn on Cersei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom