• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyrance

I can't believe that shit. The first time I'm 100% against something in the show. Will that happen in the book too?! That seems like a pretty big thing to possibly change

Iksenpets

Banned
It's going to be in the book. This seems to much of a shift for D&D to be making it up themselves.

I said this back when this was being talked about as a leak, but I bet you D&D have no issue taking a future scene where Selyse and/or Mel burn her and rewriting it so that Stannis does it instead, because oh the drama! I am not going to believe this is something from the books until I see it with my own eyes. I can't believe GRRM got that sloppy with his characterization.

Damn people it's a show not real life. Not sure what you expect. Not the first kids to get burned on the show....

Still sucks but who knows maybe the stone blood will trigger something.

I'm pissed Strong Belwas isn't here.

It's going to be in the book. This seems to much of a shift for D&D to be making it up themselves.
Maybe Shireen dies. Maybe Mel burns her even. But Stannis? Doubtful. Not without a ton more character development to make him think that way. Especially when he has Theon or Asha to burn if he wants in the books.

I can't believe that shit. The first time I'm 100% against something in the show. Will that happen in the book too?! That seems like a pretty big thing to possibly change

Well seeing that Stannis' instructions were to sit her on the Iron Throne in the event of his death I'm guessing no

RyanDG

So...

Stannis burns his daughter in the book.

In a tough battle, he ends up taking control of Winterfell and ends up taking control of the north.

After he feels like he has gotten control, he goes back to his wife who stabs him in the heart.

Stannis dies.

Agamemnon story retold.

Jigorath

Banned
This is just one of D&D's stupid devations for shock value. A la the Sansa plotline. Morons, both of them. Martin will not let us down.

This is the first time I'm legitimately upset at the show.

Me too.

Normally when they kill character's they do it either because that character making some sort of tragic mistake, or to open up a new plotline.

The only reason this happened seemed to be to make Stannis more unlikable. And not even relatebly unlikable. Just evil.

Amir0x

Banned
jesus christ that scene and its motivation were even WORSE than I imagined. Are you flipping fucking kidding me? And his wife is the one that can't do it in the end?

What a ridiculous event. If that shit happens in the book just like so, fuck that shit too. No sense.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
End of Stannis the Mannis.

Support the One True King now guys:
game-of-thrones-season-5-nights-king-hbo.jpg

Iksenpets

Banned
jesus christ that scene and its motivation were even WORSE than I imagined. Are you flipping fucking kidding me? And his wife is the one that can't do it in the end?

What a ridiculous event. If that shit happens in the book just like so, fuck that shit too. No sense.

Yep. I don't believe for a second that's from the books, but if it is, then fuck the books too.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why is this show always like a long drawn out session at the psychiatric therapist? Every character interacts this way in a patient/doctor dynamic, in every scene.

Iksenpets

Banned
Melisandre and Selyse will definitely burn Shireen in TWOW; many folks called that years ago. But there's no fucking way Stannis will cosign it.

100% agree. Like I said, I think to D&D it's just a matter of how much more SHOCKING it is if Stannis does it.

I kind of wish GRRM would just release Melisandre I from Winds now just to show how it actually goes down, but I'm sure that's way too spoiler heavy.

I've been a show supporter for a long time now. Not blindly. Just in a "It's not as good as the books, but it's still good." way. But that Shireen bit. Goddammit, that's too much. I can't.

Stannis is an insane mad at this point who's mind has been poisoned by religion.

People thought this would happen before the season even started (I personally didn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom