• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
For me, this episode was a jumping of the shark moment for the show. I'm not sure I can take it very seriously after this. I'll tune in next week to see if there's any possible way for them to turn this mess around, but if not I'll just stick to waiting two decades for the next two books to be out.

Linkark07

Banned
Well, it has been a nice run. After the last episode of this season, I'm done.

Using Sansa as a punching bag again was one thing, but burning alive a small girl... That's beyond everything.

Strong Belwas eating locusts should not have been removed for the Harpies.

I thought the episode could have been better but my wife (non book reader) thought it was good. I still enjoyed it though.

jett

D-Member
PpUKNKD.gif

This is actually more believable, lol.

I always wondered how would dragonriding look on the show. Now I know.

I guess next episode will have Jon's "death" and Dany shitting all over the motherfucker.

:lol

Well, at least the show returned to Earth after last week's good episode. Yeuck, what atrocious dreck.

"Daeny Confusion Simulator" needs to be a part of the Telltale games now.

UraMallas

The CG for the dragon riding was really bad but it is what it is.

However, next week's episode is going to be packed.

Cersei's walk, Jon's stabbing, big battle at Winterhell, Sansa and Theon escaping, 3 dudes sitting around the Mereen throne room looking at each other... wait. But the rest should be crazy!

For me, this episode was a jumping of the shark moment for the show. I'm not sure I can take it very seriously after this. I'll tune in next week to see if there's any possible way for them to turn this mess around, but if not I'll just stick to waiting two decades for the next two books to be out.
That's exactly how I felt.

D&D engaging in shock deaths and big special effects but they are clueless when it comes to actually writing coherent characters.

Lautaro

(sigh)

I've never being a fan of Stannis but this doesn't make any sense, why bother making a bonding scene between him and his daughter? the show hates Stannis so they made him a monster.

And Dany just chilling on Drogon's back was so lame.

Chiggs

Gold Member

Same here. It's a goddamn wreck that is basically wiping its filthy ass with the material.

It's so bad. The pit scene is a goddamn train wreck and I nearly lost it during the "flight."

Zabka

(sigh)

I've never being a fan of Stannis but this doesn't make any sense, why bother making a bonding scene between him and his daughter? the show hates Stannis so they made him a monster.

And Dany just chilling on Drogon's back was so lame.

Is Azor Ahai considered a monster or a legendary hero willing to sacrifice everything to save the realm?

duckroll

Okay so let's recap this week's episode....

- No one respects Doran, but by being merciful and weak, he makes those who do not respect him... respect him. Amazing statesmanship!

- The Sand Snakes are stupid little girls who are childish and dumb, even when in jail.

- "Here in Dorne, incest is cool."

- Let's make sure there'll be no moral ambiguity when Arya decides to abandon her training to go out of her way to kill a bad person for revenge by making it clear that this BAD PERSON is a pedophile.

- "I am Stannis, I burn little girls."

- The Sons of the Harpy are the most skilled and stealthy civilian rebels in all of Essos. They can hide in plain sight, slay Unsullied, and hold back dragons.

- 'Dragon' is really just an Old Valyrian term for 'flamethrower' amirite?

Did I miss anything?

jett

D-Member

You could say flying the dragon is the new jumping the shark.

Like I said: Unsullied at Red Wedding.

Also its funny that the Unsullied on the other thread are proclaiming this GoaT.

That's because they're not constantly comparing it to the books, earlier on in the season I accepted they were basically two very different things and I've continued to enjoy it

Was that the first brothel scene with no nudity? I imagine it was because Arya was there.

Also, Shireen was the best child actor on the show, such a shame she had to be killed.

And wow that green screen.

Beowulf28

Holy shit the salt quotient in this thread is off the charts. Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a hate watching thread like Legend of Korra.

Showaddy

Same here. It's a goddamn wreck that is basically wiping its filthy ass with the material.

It's so bad. The pit scene is a goddamn train wreck and I nearly lost it during the "flight."

Eh isn't Dany riding Drogon away straight out of the books? Minus Dany whipping Drogon whilst naked?

Chiggs

Gold Member
Okay so let's recap this week's episode....

- No one respects Doran, but by being merciful and weak, he makes those who do not respect him... respect him. Amazing statesmanship!

- The Sand Snakes are stupid little girls who are childish and dumb, even when in jail.

- "Here in Dorne, incest is cool."

- Let's make sure there'll be no moral ambiguity when Arya decides to abandon her training to go out of her way to kill a bad person for revenge by making it clear that this BAD PERSON is a pedophile.

- "I am Stannis, I burn little girls."

- The Sons of the Harpy are the most skilled and stealthy civilian rebels in all of Essos. They can hide in plain sight, slay Unsullied, and hold back dragons.

- 'Dragon' is really just an Old Valyrian term for 'flamethrower' amirite?

Did I miss anything?

Shit CGI and a shittier score?

Gattsu25

Banned
So....

The changes they made to Stannis are completely out of character with him...and his wife is the one who showed some humanity during the burning? lol

Stay worthless, unsullied.

Drogo came in there, roasted 10 people, and then punked out...nice.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't a fan.

Was there anything else even in that episode? Because I can barely remember the Arya and Jamie scenes

So....

The changes they made to Stannis are completely out of character with him...and his wife is the one who showed some humanity during the burning? lol

Stay worthless, unsullied.

Drogo came in there, roasted 10 people, and then punked out...nice.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't a fan.

Was there anything else even in that episode? Because I can barely remember the Arya and Jamie scenes

Exactly. If anyone is going to burn her, it's going to be Selyse and Melisandre at the wall. Stannis would not stand for it.

Amir0x

Banned
You could say flying the dragon is the new jumping the shark.

haha.

seriously how could anyone watch that shit in the editing room and be OK with it

Edit: It doesn't matter if it was GRRM's idea or D&D's idea. As I said, if this shit is in the books it's completely fucked as well. Whoever made this call made a disastrous call.

Jigorath

Banned
I'm gonna put on my tinfoil hat and speculate that D&D didn't like the idea of Stannis having so many fans. They want Danaerys to be the "hero" of the show so they got to make Stannis the evilest motherfucker in the world. I guess it worked, now people are rooting for the Boltons. I don't believe for a second this is the way it plays out in the books.

EDIT: NEVERMIND FUCK EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom