• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marz

How is Dorans plan so shitty? He only told Quentyn to ask for Danys hand in marriage not try to tame her dragons and get burned alive like an idiot that had nothing to do with Doran.

Wow, I didn't know "Quentyn lives" was a thing, maybe part of me wanted it all to end because his chapters are dull.

Everything is a "thing" in this fandom, but Quentyn lives is a "theory" for tinfoilers. The same group that think Mance is Rhaegar or that Dany is Lyanna's child.

Kyougar

Everything is a "thing" in this fandom, but Quentyn lives is a "theory" for tinfoilers. The same group that think Mance is Rhaegar or that Dany is Lyanna's child.

You only want to bury the truth!

(Come on! How can you NOT question his death? Its not like Martin has something against fake deaths....)

Honestly I still think R + L = J is too blatant to be the truth.

It only seems so blatant because the internet will shine a spotlight on anything that's been properly set up and foreshadowed. What's the saying? A good twist is one that half the audience figures out beforehand?

flyover

Honestly I still think R + L = J is too blatant to be the truth.

Maybe, but I don't think everything has to be a surprise reveal or a twist. I mean, for some readers, it will be a surprise. But it's fine to confirm what many have already figured out, logically. And there's always dramatic tension in the audience knowing things the characters don't.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Did the show ever come out and say that Ramsay burned Winterfell? Some in the other thread don't seem to realize that he did that. Look at this post.

Jesus Christ :lol

It boggles the mind that people like the show enough to post about it on these boards, but not to actually pay attention to it.

I just can't see (don't want to see) this happening, that's like killing Daryl on the Walking Dead lol

Nah. Bronn had already survived the Game. If he's back, he's back to die.

Speevy

Banned
Instead of the opening scene they went with, they should have had the death of Lyanna/rescue of Jon as the opening scene. No words, so it's still a mystery.

NeoGiff

Did they ever allude to how Roose's highborn son died in the show? :eek:

Nope, there's been no reference to him at all.

The only reference to anything of that nature is Ramsay telling Theon that his father used to tell him to throw stones at peasants.

Speevy

Banned
That's another thing. Without sons of his own referenced, there's no clear reason why Roose should resent Ramsay, aside from the whole psychopath thing.

Speevy

Banned
This is how I see them doing the Jaime/Bronn/Sand Snakes scenario, might be this Sunday.

Jaime and Bronn roll up on some place like a brothel or tavern.

Bronn meets a lovely woman who convinces him to go to bed (but she's actually one of the Martell women), then slits his throat. Jaime is captured and taken to Doran.

suzu

Nope, there's been no reference to him at all.

The only reference to anything of that nature is Ramsay telling Theon that his father used to tell him to throw stones at peasants.

That's another thing. Without sons of his own referenced, there's no clear reason why Roose should resent Ramsay, aside from the whole psychopath thing.

Huh, weird. Maybe they'll bring it up later.... ehh probably not. hah

foxtrot3d

Banned

It's not clear that Roose resents Ramsay in the books besides how is open psychopathy effects the family. Roose seems completely unconcerned that Ramsay killed his true born son. Dominic's death simply isn't necessary for show watchers.

Man... I laugh just thinking about the way D&D will have to squirm on the floor to make that twist work when 90% of the show watchers have no idea who Rheagar is.

I honestly can't see it working without a big Trident flashback or something.

They'd reveal it late in a season and do a lot of talk about Rhaegar and Robert's Rebellion and stuff in the episodes leading up to it. Pretty easy.

foxtrot3d

Banned
They'd reveal it late in a season and do a lot of talk about Rhaegar and Robert's Rebellion and stuff in the episodes leading up to it. Pretty easy.

Yup. Although it will easily confirm for us book readers that R+L is true, not that it was ever in doubt. But, when all of a sudden someone is like "Oh yea, remember Rhaegar we were totes besties oh and does anyone else remember Lyanna and that Tourney, what was up with that? Crazy, right?" After having totally ignored those names for three seasons, it would be pretty obvious what is up.

Kyougar

It's not clear that Roose resents Ramsay in the books besides how is open psychopathy effects the family. Roose seems completely unconcerned that Ramsay killed his true born son. Dominic's death simply isn't necessary for show watchers.

I got the impression, that he doesnt care. He clearly thinks that Ramsay will kill every heir he produces with Walda. But on the other hand, it could be a roose (*snicker*) to plant false Information into Ramsays hand, because Roose tells this to Theon.
It also could be, that Roos is anticipating Ramsays death in the books. (throwing a "Roose is a Vampire" theory in)

-griffy-

Banned
Doh, I just posted in the no book thread on accident. Luckily I only commented on the framerate of a gif that was posted. Crisis avoided.

NeoGiff

Beautiful Death poster for Episode 503, "High Sparrow":

ggCAJ5x.jpg

Ratrat

He only suspects that Ramsay may have had something to do with it. Anyone else disappointed we didn't get "Don't make me regret that time I raped your mother."?

Sean C

- Show Littlefinger makes no sense. How can a man be scheming so well and also be such a dumbass? Beyond the dumb incest comment in S2, here he kills Lysa with literally no plan to deflect suspicion other than trust that Sansa has worked on her lying skills. What the fuck?
Actually, his plan was to hope that the other lords believed his story about Lysa killing herself and didn't ask to speak to Sansa at all.

Speevy

Banned
I'm not trying to sound sexist because I think Lena Headley is a fine actress who does a great job at playing the scheming queen mother, but don't you guys think King's Landing needs another strong male character?

I'm not trying to sound sexist because I think Lena Headley is a fine actress who does a great job at playing the scheming queen mother, but don't you guys think King's Landing needs another strong male character?

Maybe. but I think that's the point not to not have one.

Speevy

Banned
Littlefinger.
High Sparrow.
Kevan.

Littlefinger is no longer a permanent resident of the capital, and Kevan went back to Casterly Rock. I'm going to assume the High Sparrow's stay in KL is a temporary one.

Things go to shit when women are in charge?

Not at all. It just seems as though no one in KL has the authority, or even the interest to discuss the more pressing problems. I also get that Cersei's short-sighted, vindictive, insular view is one of her flaws. However, it makes KL less interesting to think about when you consider the lack of Tywin, Tyrion, and even Joffrey.

Joni

The political battle between the High Sparrow and Cersei is the goal of the King's Landing storyline this season, no? So why would he leave?

Moff

well there's the high sparrow. but I think kings landing needs a strong antagonist regardless of gender. to be frank, I think it's GRRMs biggest mistake that he couldnt fill the hole tywin left, I'd put that very high on the list why AFFC/ADWD were much more boring than the first three books.

NeoGiff

Can't wait to see if the seemingly hyperbolic statements about the
Sand Snakes
are accurate. I have the horrible feeling that they are.

Yen

Feeling I may have to do a book reread soon.

Man... I laugh just thinking about the way D&D will have to squirm on the floor to make that twist work when 90% of the show watchers have no idea who Rheagar is.

I honestly can't see it working without a big Trident flashback or something.
Anyone else remember the LOST episode 'Across the Sea'?

Iksenpets

Banned
Can't wait to see if the seemingly hyperbolic statements about the
Sand Snakes
are accurate. I have the horrible feeling that they are.

I still think worst case scenario is that it's as bad as Qarth, which the show survived just fine. I don't think there's any jump the shark possibility.

Plus, even reviews of the screeners said they only really have one short scene, so any hyperbolic rumors are extrapolating a lot from very little.

NeoGiff

I still think worst case scenario is that it's as bad as Qarth, which the show survived just fine. I don't think there's any jump the shark possibility.

Plus, even reviews of the screeners said they only really have one short scene, so any hyperbolic rumors are extrapolating a lot from very little.

vFeje5o.png

I'm not sure I saw a single positive review or remark about the Sand Snakes in the reviews/impressions. It sounds like they've all been turned into straight up warriors. Say what you will about the Sand Snakes in the novels but each of them was different. I get the impression they've turned each into Obara. That plus making Ellaria blood thirsty creates quite a one dimensional tone for Dorne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom