• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief51

Banned
Just finished. WTF @ that Tower of Joy cock tease?

Meh it was mostly a filler episode. The weakest of the season so far.

The only really satisfying thing was seeing Olly get hanged,

The only really stupid thing about this episode was the line about the Sand Snakes taking over Dorne. So all the other houses in Dorne would be okay with that? Fuck off lol.

Otherwise a great episode. Lots of things happening, lots of progress on the story front.

- Arya finally becoming awesome
- Jon's storyline is great
- King's Landing is fantastic, all sorts of conflicts are being built up. Foreshadowing Tommen/Cersei conflict and the deaths of the rest of the Council. It also feels like they finally found what to do with Haime.
- Daenarys stuff was whatever, but I'm sure some crazy shit will go down during their Khaleesi trial or whatever.
- Meereen is decent, hopefully they are building up a battle or something though.

Too bad next week's episode
looks pretty uneventful.

suzu

I liked all the stuff at the Wall. Get rekt Olly.

Was amused at sassy Kevan leaving with the rest of the small council.

Tower of Joy was cool. Dual wielding Arthur Dayne is kinda funny though.

Ramsay stays winning.. The Northern houses are apparently all full of douchebags.

Euron

Tower of Joy was very well done as a fight scene, Kit knocked it out of the park this episode, Olenna is still easily the best actress on the show, and we're actually seeing some progress with Arya.

Did not like the continuing godhood of Ramsay and butchering of The North Remembers. Get ready for Ramsay to abuse yet another female character but don't worry we gave him a child too this time so things don't get so repetitive. LOOK HOW EVIL HE IS GUYS!!!

And Jaime is currently useless.

The only really stupid thing about this episode was the line about the Sand Snakes taking over Dorne. So all the other houses in Dorne would be okay with that? Fuck off lol.

Otherwise a great episode. Lots of things happening, lots of progress on the story front.

- Arya finally becoming awesome
- Jon's storyline is great
- King's Landing is fantastic, all sorts of conflicts are being built up. Foreshadowing Tommen/Cersei conflict and the deaths of the rest of the Council. It also feels like they finally found what to do with Haime.
- Daenarys stuff was whatever, but I'm sure some crazy shit will go down during their Khaleesi trial or whatever.
- Meereen is decent, hopefully they are building up a battle or something though.

Too bad next week's episode
looks pretty uneventful.

Yeah, the preview for next week looked really dull.

Edit: is this the third episode in a row without nudity (aside from some of Jon's ass)? That has to be a record.

studyguy

The fact that Osha was taken prisoner instead of just getting outright killed like Shaggy makes me think we're gonna get at least one super-disturbing scene with her and Ramsay. I hope I'm wrong because the last thing I want is Super Sadist to get another scene that boils down to "Look how evil I am!"

It's all a foregone conclusion at this point, it'll likely happen to set up more shock value for Ramsey. The North's story is so twisted now that it's just turned into a straight forward fight of comic book villian Ramsay and the show North houses vs whoever Jon rallies to his side. it is what it is, it was obvious from a mile away but all the same it's pretty zzz.

And lol, they're not going to argue Jon leaving. Dorne flipped in a heartbeat, it doesn't really matter in the show.

BigAl1992

I'm just waiting for the Night King and the white walkers to just wreck shit already. I'm betting they'll just kick the chess board off the table and cause havoc. Would make for great TV to watch.

RaidenZR

Called it on the R+L=J reveal not happening tonight.

But now I'm ultra curious to know if the battle with Ser Arthur Dayne will be exposed to have gone down the same way in the literature. I lol'ed at the double swords. Seemed so ridiculous and over-the-top. They clearly just wanted him to be more of a "standout" figure, so they thought this would be a cool, surface-level, and extreme way to do that. Ultimately I had a hard time believing anyone could fight like that holding two swords who wasn't sporting a +100 Gregor Strength build. Yeah...

Should have just given him a badass greatsword and let the choreography do the work it's supposed to. That battle didn't need flashy General Grievous shit.

I laughed at the zoom in on Olly's dead face after the hanging. A little too much playing up to the Olly haters online. Though it was satisfying.

Called it on the R+L=J reveal not happening tonight.
It essentially did with the line about Rhaegar wanting them there.

Actually his vow to the Night's Watch ended. It ended the moment he died. Now he is free to go wherever he likes
I know, I was responding to why he wouldn't get killed again, and that excuse isn't really why as it's not something people that hate Jon would accept.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

You do not know the definition of filler...filler is something completely unrelated to the plot.

Jon Snow is back, they think he's a god, he's a different person, he's left the night's watch

Arya got her training montage and her sight back once again

Sam has established what he is doing with Gilly and little Sam

In King's Landing it is quite clear that nobody likes Jamie or Cersei, but they all have a plan to get Margery back and revenge on the high sparrow. It appears Tommen is sucking up to the faith.

In Meereen, Varys learns who is ordering the hits out, where they are coming from and the fact that they have war coming (Tyrion talking to Grey Worm and Missandei is the only maybe filler part).

In Vaes Dothrak, Dany is supposed to stay there, her fate will be decided

With Ramsay they are establishing his rule with the North and the transition has gone smoothly, they prefer Ramsay because he is direct and not a cunning pragmatist, plus he now has Rickon which he can threaten Jon with.

So ok, what possible reason does Ramsay have for keeping Rickon alive now?

I'm guessing he's the catalyst for the show's version of the Pink Letter, with Ramsay writing Jon telling him he has Rickon, demanding Sansa back?

Also one more preview thing:
Holy shit how quickly does Theon get home to Pyke
?!

He paid the iron price for a teleporter, obviously.

A few thoughts:

- Arthur Dayne was badass, holy shit.
- Bye, Olly and Co., and fuck off.
- BLOODRAVEN YOU COCKTEASE
- So Jon is done with the Night's Watch now? Glad to hear it. Time for him to go back home and kill some Boltons.
- I was excited to finally see Osha again...until I remembered that Ramsay is a rapist. Ugh...
- That Small Council scene was some straight up high school lunchroom nonsense. With so many of the old players in KL dead or gone away, and the High Sparrow so powerful, the non-religious politics feel so inconsequential. Hopefully that changes soon.
- Don't give a shit about Meereen or Dany's storyline, as usual.
-
Fully expect Sansa to just miss Jon on some American Tail bullshit next week.

This episode was largely set-up work, unlike the rapid fire pace of the last 2 episodes. Hopefully things pick-up soon.

Filler? You couldn't pick a word more poorly suited to describing this episode.

Yeah, this is kind of pissing me off. Hell, the only reason Roose legitimized Ramsay and married him to Sansa was because they need a Stark. This traitor stuff is just bad.

Seems a little too convenient to have all this stuff just fall in Ramsay's lap. No one is that lucky.

Itsatrap.jpg

I'm guessing they're swapping the Umbers into the Manderly slot. Probably not even a real direwolf head.

Speevy

Banned
I do have a question.

How does Lord Badass know that Jon Snow is leading the wildlings south of the wall?

Was this an episode I missed?

I thought he just let them in.

Grief51

Banned
I was surprised at how much dialogue they gave Tommen. He really had to carry the episode on his tiny shoulders.

It seems Tommen is starting to become a bit more assertive and slightly less weak.
I wonder if by the end of the season or the next if he will take more personal control of his kingdom.

Severance

I do wish they stuck with the lines in the book for the Tower of Joy. The show fell flat in the dialog, especially since young Ned was a total miscast. The fight was pretty awesome though. Ser Arthur Dayne, on the other hand, was a total badass even with the dual wielding shtick. Also, considering the disparity in their actors.. I think we can crush the Howland Reed/High Sparrow theory. At least on the show.

Dany going to Vaes Dothrak makes me wish she would go to Westeros already, like the books did. I'm actually dreading reading about it in Winds.

People liked the ToJ? Kinda fell flat for me. Only two kinsguard? What a weird detail to change.

No Dawn wielding Dayne? Instead we get a two handed gimmick that just seems silly? Ehhhhhh.

Decent episode overall.

It seems Tommen is starting to become a bit more assertive and slightly less weak.
I wonder if by the end of the season or the next if he will take more personal control of his kingdom.

I hope that it ends up working against Cersei, for maximum irony.

Dany going to Vaes Dothrak makes me wish she would go to Westeros already, like the books did. I'm actually dreading reading about it in Winds.

I have had almost no interest in Dany's storyline since Season 3/ASoS, so I agree.

RaidenZR

It essentially did with the line about Rhaegar wanting them there.

I know, I was responding to why he wouldn't get killed again, and that excuse isn't really why as it's not something people that hate Jon would accept.

That was definitely not a confirmation, and certainly not the *SHOCK* EW cover story moment for show watchers. It's only good fodder for those already bent on the R+L=J bias. That and a continuing thread of intrigue that the rhetoric of Westeros' history (handed down by the previous generation) is not what it seems.

WaffleTaco

I do have a question.

How does Lord Badass know that Jon Snow is leading the wildlings south of the wall?

Was this an episode I missed?

I thought he just let them in.

I think Ramsay just implied that they had Sansa, and she told them what he did, plus Theon is supposed to be with them as well.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Game of Thrones Hate List...

3. Ramsay.
2. Jeoffrey
vmHrgBN.png

I didn't get that at all from that scene. I got that instead of being lead around by the nose by Cersei, he's going to be the High Sparrow's puppet before long.

WaffleTaco

People liked the ToJ? Kinda fell flat for me. Only two kinsguard? What a weird detail to change.

No Dawn wielding Dayne? Instead we get a two handed gimmick that just seems silly? Ehhhhhh.

Decent episode overall.

Well they went down from three to two, probably to have the Sword of the Morning Arthur Dayne seem more badass, and could only be taken down by a cheap shot.

I'm glad Arya can see again. If she tells them she's no one one more time I'm going to kill myself.

This was annoying in the books as well. I will be so happy when she's done with the Faceless men.

jdstorm

Banned
I didn't get that at all from that scene. I got that instead of being lead around by the nose by Cersei, he's going to be the High Sparrow's puppet before long.

Well if you are going to be someone's puppet at least the high sparrow will let you sleep with Margery. That has to be working in his favor to get Tommens support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom