• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering how Jon is going to find out that Rickon is at Winterfell under Bolton control.

Will he run into Sansa and Brienne?

Massa

Promo

Littlefinger has apparently traveled back to the Eyrie and knows that Sansa has escaped from Winterfell, and isn't safe from the Boltons...how?

Eh, she escaped in season 5. People in Winterfell know about it and I'm sure LF left some of his people there.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Memes have begun...

EjSFGv2.jpg

I'm just not finding the series compelling any longer. It is undeniably well scored, fantastically shot and acted, but, the story doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Sand Snakes ruling Dorne is stupid - why would all other houses be okay with 4 bastards who ended Nymeria's (legal) lineage.

The goings on at Kings Landing are just plain boring in my opinion. Jamie's character has stagnated for two seasons and the plot isn't really going anywhere.

Dany's story was never the best, but the scene seemed like it would have been better served in an episode that would be able to give it more focus. Was far too brief. I feel the same way with Sam on the boat, although I am excited for Horn Hill.

The ToJ scene was a great action sequence. I'm upset Arthur Dayne didn't wield dawn and wish they went 7 vs 6, they even mention High Tower in the small council scene.

The Jon Snow stuff was cool, but again too brief - needed to be given more time. His conflict with Ramsey is just filler to me until the white walkers get to Westeros. Ramsey has been presented so poorly in the show - he is a dire villain. I'm predicting the Umber's are conning the Bolton's and Karstarks. Holding hope shaggydog is alive, the head looked small. Rickon has SHOT up in height!

Preview talk
Daario and Jorah trying to rescue Dany from freaking Vaes Dothrak seems like a Dorne-level bad idea, doesn't it.

Even if it's terrible I hope they just get on with it, and not drag on with a Dany trapped in Vaes Dothrak storyline the whole season.

They will, wont they.

Speevy

Banned
Are we to assume that the Umbers had been harboring Rickon and Osha as guests all this time, and just now decided to turn them over after the Greatjon died?

I'm just wondering how Jon is going to find out that Rickon is at Winterfell under Bolton control.

Will he run into Sansa and Brienne?

Show version of the Pink Letter. Ramsay writes to the NW thinking Jon is still in charge, demands Sansa back in return for Rickon, and kicks off Jon getting ready to ride south and smash Ramsay's face in.

Why do I have the feeling poor Rickon is gonna take bookMance's position as guy in a cage with only a woman's skin to keep warm?

Poor Osha :-(

Grief51

Banned
I'm a bit disappointed D & D have toned down the sex so far in Season 6.

For better or worse it was part of the appeal of GoT imo: Dragons, sex and knights in shining armor.

I guess all the criticism of alleged sexism worked and HBO made them cut a lot of that stuff from the show.

cj_iwakura

Well, there was no way they were going to live up to the legend anyway.

The scene with Bolton was easily the best, didn't expect that.

Bran has "interacted" with Ned through the weirwood tree in the Winterfell godswood.

Ah that. I always thought that had something to do with the tree, there was no tree at the tower of joy. Like through the trees you can hear whispers of other places and time.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Even if it's terrible I hope they just get on with it, and not drag on with a Dany trapped in Vaes Dothrak storyline the whole season.

They will, wont they.

Winds of Winter spoilers:

This is actually the same storyline that is in the show, except for maybe Jorah and Darrio going after her

Well Dany has to have an army somehow...it's going to be made up of Dothraki, Unsullied, and probably Ironborn warriors

Speevy

Banned
Jorah's story will end when he turns into a stone man and lunges at Dorito.

Stone men are hard to parry and have a lot of HP so the battle will take a while.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm a bit disappointed D & D have toned down the sex far in Season 6.

For better or worse it was part of the appeal of GoT imo: Dragons, sex and knights.

I guess all the criticism of alledged sexism worked and HBO made them cut a lot of that stuff from the show.

We'll get Osha rape so I guess you'll get your tits there.

Damerman

I'm just not finding the series compelling any longer. It is undeniably well scored, fantastically shot and acted, but, the story doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Sand Snakes ruling Dorne is stupid - why would all other houses be okay with 4 bastards who ended Nymeria's (legal) lineage.

The goings on at Kings Landing are just plain boring in my opinion. Jamie's character has stagnated for two seasons and the plot isn't really going anywhere.

Dany's story was never the best, but the scene seemed like it would have been better served in an episode that would be able to give it more focus. Was far too brief. I feel the same way with Sam on the boat, although I am excited for Horn Hill.

The ToJ scene was a great action sequence. I'm upset Arthur Dayne didn't wield dawn and wish they went 7 vs 6, they even mention High Tower in the small council scene.

The Jon Snow stuff was cool, but again too brief - needed to be given more time. His conflict with Ramsey is just filler to me until the white walkers get to Westeros. Ramsey has been presented so poorly in the show - he is a dire villain. I'm predicting the Umber's are conning the Bolton's and Karstarks. Holding hope shaggydog is alive, the head looked small. Rickon has SHOT up in height!

I hope you are right... i really do.

jasonmb17

-For some reason I was expecting the entire TOJ scene to play out and was left disappointed. The actual fight was well done though (dual wielding...huh). Did I imagine it or did the Three Eyed Raven reveal himself to be a thousand years old? I guess he's not Bloodraven. They sure did everything they could to make him look like an old man hiding behind some branches.

Caught that too. I'm wondering if it means he "lived 1000 years of history by tree time travel"

suzu

I am not surprised that all of Dorne has rolled over for the Sand Snakes. Look at the Northern houses. Dunno why Roose even bothered with keeping a Stark around when nobody in the North seems to care. lol

If this somehow turns into the Northern conspiracy, I will be shocked~

And ya'll know Ramsay is going to do his thing to Osha and Rickon. Ramsay will eventually die at some point, but not before he makes everyone hate him even more. :p

nib95

Banned

For better or worse it was part of the appeal of GoT imo: Dragons, sex and knights in shining armor.

I guess all the criticism of alleged sexism worked and HBO made them cut a lot of that stuff from the show.

I'm glad they toned it down. It's unnecessary nonsense, and the story has moved way beyond it now.

mantidor

what plot points need a sex scene so far?

Damerman

Show version of the Pink Letter. Ramsay writes to the NW thinking Jon is still in charge, demands Sansa back in return for Rickon, and kicks off Jon getting ready to ride south and smash Ramsay's face in.

but didn't this already happen at the end of season 5? wasn't he planing on going south to save Sansa?

Euron

So does anybody think we'll be getting the Battle of Meereen in the show now that they're setting up the stuff with the free cities?

Does anyone have the link to the supposed Season 6 plot summary? It includes word things like
Rickon being shot with an arrow by Ramsay
. It was from quite a while back but may hold up.

Jarmel

Banned
Let's talk bad subplots...talk about them.

-The Faith. Hasn't been compelling at all and has just seemed to drag.
-Dorne. Do I really need to break down the issues there?
-Dany. Boring.

The small council scene was bad as there was no progression nor did it enlighten the audience as to character stances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom