• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
Meh on the Rickon shit, hate that. Everything regarding Ramsay has been butchered.

Fuck yeah about everything else.

Cleganebowl coming

studyguy

Rickon is some legit bullshit.
I knew D&D would just write him out. My money is on him being dead by the end of the season.

LifEndz

Ramsay having Rickon sucks. And another dead direwolf.....ugh. Wish this was a Netflix series so I could binge watch.

A so-so episode. I thought the Night's Watch stuff was great. Kit killed it this episode. He's gotten shit over the years but I've always felt it was because the writing they had given him was shit. When he got decent writing he always did well.

Olly won't be missed. Alliser will, sort of.

Esposito was dull, aside from The portrayal of Varys.

Jonathan Pryce is awesome.

I don't know what their plan is for Jaime, but right now, it sucks.

The Sand Snakes apparently rule Dorne, lol.

The Tower of Joy was alright. The action was competent by this show's standards. Duel wielding was kind of lame. Max Von Sydow cockblocked us.

Edit: oh yeah, RIP Shaggydog

So ok, what possible reason does Ramsay have for keeping Rickon alive now?

I'm guessing he's the catalyst for the show's version of the Pink Letter, with Ramsay writing Jon telling him he has Rickon, demanding Sansa back?

Also one more preview thing:
Holy shit how quickly does Theon get home to Pyke
?!

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Rickon is some legit bullshit.
I knew D&D would just write him out. My money is on him being dead by the end of the season.

Why is it legit bullshit? He didn't go to Skkagos in the show, he was supposed to be protected by the Umbers at Last Hearth. The Umbers didn't trust Roose, they trust Ramsay because he killed Roose, and it seems they prefer a straight shooter, to a cunning pragmatist. Rickon has no purpose in the show or the books, except to be the male heir when Robb dies. They clear up another unresolved plot line, get some interesting character development, before they are all dead by season's end. We are pushing towards the end, what else do you want from the show?

ryseing

Decent episode. Dayne dual wielding was dumb as hell. Glad we got to see why Howland was so trusted by Ned tho.

Hyped for
Iron Islands
next week.

Also forgot to mention I kind of liked the Arya training montage. Kind of reminded me of Blind Fury starring Rutger Hauer.

biggest disappointment in this show, the handling of the wolves. they don't get to shine. the dragons get way more moments.

Yeah, the wolves were always going to be more difficult to pull off, but they really fucked them over on the show.

Matsukaze

The fact that Osha was taken prisoner instead of just getting outright killed like Shaggy makes me think we're gonna get at least one super-disturbing scene with her and Ramsay. I hope I'm wrong because the last thing I want is Super Sadist to get another scene that boils down to "Look how evil I am!"

belushy

Banned
The direwolf deaths are so annoying.

Part of me is hoping this is part of a Northern Conspiracy-like storyline, though.

Flare

Decent episode. Fucking hate where they took the Winterfell story line. Otherwise, it was nice to see Arya's training sped up, Tower of Joy, and Jon leaving. Everything else was whatever.

Also looks like the little birds might be killing Qyburn too (along with Kevan and Pycelle), with that transition from Varys to Qyburn speaking to the children.

Not bad, so far Arya and The North stuff is turning out to be the most interesting. TOJ was hilarious to me, dual wielding long swords is corny as fuck.

Ditching her wargging ability kind of brings it down for me. The cat scene was so good. She lied to the old man and he was at a complete loss.

Yeah, that is my one big disappointment with it. I thought the bit with the cat was really cool in the book. But I guess they've completely dropped Jon and Arya being wargs.

Wow. I never thought "kill the boy" was going to literal.

To those wondering how the nights watch is going to let Jon leave, the vow explicitly states that death ends the vow and they all know that Jon WAS dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom