• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damerman

Ramsay didn't kill Shaggydog though.

Lord Badass of House Umber did, with his bare hands.

there is no way that the umbers aren't planing something behind Ramsay's back in collusion with the manderlys. This is all a ruse, a red herring. This is way too shitty. why did it take the umbers so long to go to the boltons regarding the wildlings? the watch is a decrepit group of losers, why the hell do you need an army to crush them? how excatcly do you plan to confront the lord commander of the night's watch?

this is wack... this is beyond wack.

i feel like it should bother me much more than it did, thats for sure

i think they highlighted is skill so well that im giving it a pass, i think
I give them credit for making Dayne a beast. When it was just him and Ned I was thinking "Ned is really about to beat this dude 1 on 1?" So at least they didn't do that.

It just wasn't how I pictured the fight in my head. But that's on me. Dual wielding Dayne didn't work for me. But young Ned even less so.

Speevy

Banned
Varys is quite good at talking whores into giving up secrets. I'll bet he almost solves the crisis in Meereen before getting his throat slit.

Well they went down from three to two, probably to have the Sword of the Morning Arthur Dayne seem more badass, and could only be taken down by a cheap shot.

This was annoying in the books as well. I will be so happy when she's done with the Faceless men.
I think I like Arya conning them with the cat better than I do the montage, but I guess most of the warg stuff is outsville.

Speevy

Banned
I think Ramsay laid out the northern resistance for us in the last episode.

It's everyone but the Manderlys, Umbers, and Karstarks.

I think the Manderlys may side with the Starks because I haven't seen them in any trailers.

Flare

there is no way that the umbers aren't planing something behind Ramsay's back in collusion with the manderlys. This is all a ruse, a red herring. This is way too shitty. why did it take the umbers so long to go to the boltons regarding the wildlings? the watch is a decrepit group of losers, why the hell do you need an army to crush them? how excatcly do you plan to confront the lord commander of the night's watch?

I want to believe it's a roose (heh) but I feel it would be giving the show too much credit if that's the way they do it.

Grief51

Banned
I didn't get that at all from that scene. I got that instead of being lead around by the nose by Cersei, he's going to be the High Sparrow's puppet before long.

Yes he backed down at the end, but at least he had the courage to confront the High Sparrow at first.
Remember, last time Tommen ran away with his tail between his legs when he approached the Great Sept. This time he wasn't as easily stopped.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Really hope it's a northern conspiracy.

Was happy with the TOJ fight. Of course people hate dual swords :lol

Well that was a pretty boring episode. I feel this show has done nothing to really go beyond the books. Jon is revived and now he is off, I assume to winter fell which is exactly what he was going to do in the books before he died.

The mereen story line is finally brining in the other cities which is exactly where it is in the books.

Arya finished her training which is finally where she end in the book.

We still haven't caught up with the greyjoys. Sam is still not way behind. Not much has happened at Kings landing.

The most interesting stuff is bran. Are they hinting at time manipulation???

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

The Umbers makes sense. The wildling army probably just got through, Jon only died like two or three days ago. It just seems like it has been longer than it has. Time is weird.

Varys is quite good at talking whores into giving up secrets. I'll bet he almost solves the crisis in Meereen before getting his throat slit.

Did he mention if he was going to Pentos, or was that just the whore and her son?

I think I like Arya conning them with the cat better than I do the montage, but I guess most of the warg stuff is outsville.
I preferred the cat, but yeah the warg stuff is too make Bran seem more badsass.

Wasn't that already incorporated at the end of the last season?

Just the killing of Meryn Trant. They will probably still have the troupe in the show, and past in the books...also the high council not mention a Kingsguard getting killed in Braavos is weird.

I made you guys this.

JaR0MAW.png

Flare

Lmao, that is Edd isn't it.

I could have sworn someone (KL?) sent some guy into the night's watch after Alliser went

That would be Janos Slynt whom Jon beheaded in the last season.

Also, isn't it weird that Mace didn't address the fact that he lost a Kingsguard in Braavos?

Grief51

Banned
Wasn't that already incorporated at the end of the last season, just modified? Unless you mean the play part.

I don't think so?
In Mercy Arya is sent on a mission to assasinate a person. In Season 5 Arya just kills Meryn Trant on her own initiative. It wasn't sanctioned by the House of the Undying

Severance

Sure, and Dany saves the day by riding in on Drogon.

And don't forget the Greyjoys sailing in with a brand new fleet!

I don't think there's any doubt about a siege of Mereen with their fleet being burned and Yunkai and Astapor being brought back into the mix.

Some speculative questions:

- Are we seeing Tommen get converted to the Faith?
- Do you guys think we'll actually get the R+L=J reveal in a flashback? I feel like if they decided to keep Howland Reed they're going to have to do something with him. I could see a season long journey to find him, he'll say the words "R+L=J", then the second half of ToJ at the end of the season, maybe as the season-ender.

Speevy

Banned
And don't forget the Greyjoys sailing in with a brand new fleet!

I don't think there's any doubt about a siege of Mereen with their fleet being burned and Yunkai and Astapor being brought back into the mix.

Xaro Xohan Daxos has escaped from his vault, and he's mad as hell.

Damerman

Could the siege of Mereen still happen?

I don't think so. barristan is dead and the show will probably save way more money if they resolve the issue diplomatically. I don't think they are going to make tyrion protect a city from a siege on someone else's behalf again.

- Do you guys think we'll actually get the R+L=J reveal in a flashback? I feel like if they decided to keep Howland Reed they're going to have to do something with him. I could see a season long journey to find him, he'll say the words "R+L=J", then the second half of ToJ at the end of the season, maybe as the season-ender.

yes and yes imo

FStubbs

I do wish they stuck with the lines in the book for the Tower of Joy. The show fell flat in the dialog, especially since young Ned was a total miscast. The fight was pretty awesome though. Ser Arthur Dayne, on the other hand, was a total badass even with the dual wielding shtick. Also, considering the disparity in their actors.. I think we can crush the Howland Reed/High Sparrow theory. At least on the show.

Dany going to Vaes Dothrak makes me wish she would go to Westeros already, like the books did. I'm actually dreading reading about it in Winds.

Why does this mean Howland Reed isn't High Sparrow?

devilhawk

Well that was a pretty boring episode. I feel this show has done nothing to really go beyond the books. Jon is revived and now he is off, I assume to winter fell which is exactly what he was going to do in the books before he died.

The mereen story line is finally brining in the other cities which is exactly where it is in the books.

Arya finished her training which is finally where she end in the book.

We still haven't caught up with the greyjoys. Sam is still not way behind. Not much has happened at Kings landing.

The most interesting stuff is bran. Are they hinting at time manipulation???
For someone who knows so much about the books lol...

That's what it seemed like, which sucks, because I'd rather see him wreck their shit.

Flare

I think it'd be pretty interesting if Cersei is the cause of Tommen's death somehow. If he converts to the faith.

LordCanti

-For some reason I was expecting the entire TOJ scene to play out and was left disappointed. The actual fight was well done though (dual wielding...huh). Did I imagine it or did the Three Eyed Raven reveal himself to be a thousand years old? I guess he's not Bloodraven. They sure did everything they could to make him look like an old man hiding behind some branches.

-Everything with Jon was great up to and including Olly finally getting his. Fuck Olly.

-Arya's training montage is over; Let her now depart for the King's Landing Stab-a-thon please

- Meereen has worn out its welcome for me again.

- I guess I never assumed Rickon was going to be of any importance at all but now we know. I just hope we don't get an episode or two of Osha receiving the Sansa treatment. RIP Shaggy :c

With Jon riding South to meet the Bolton's with a wildling army at his back I guess and Littlefinger riding North (to fight the Bolton's and "save Sansa") I wonder if we're going to be faced with the awkward scenario of Littlefinger and Jon teaming up. I don't see how Jon + Wildlings can take on the combined Umbers, Karstarks, and Boltons without help

mantidor

If the northern conspiracy is happening it will not involve the Umbers, there is no reason for them to put Rickon at risk by giving him up to Ramsay, unless they really don't care for the Starks.

So yeap they manage to ruin the Umbers as well, and most of the north, everyone loves kissing Ramsay's ass for some reason, it makes his marriage to Sansa almost unnecessary, except for the shock value.

It sucks we are stuck with this for this season, the rest looks great, I'm really interested in how the Tyrells are going to act forward, Oleena never has enough screentime.

Speevy

Banned
Promo

Littlefinger has apparently traveled back to the Eyrie and knows that Sansa has escaped from Winterfell, and isn't safe from the Boltons...how?

Speevy

Banned
If the northern conspiracy is happening it will not involve the Umbers, there is no reason for them to put Rickon at risk by giving him up to Ramsay, unless they really don't care for the Starks.

So yeap they manage to ruin the Umbers as well, and most of the north, everyone loves kissing Ramsay's ass for some reason, it makes his marriage to Sansa almost unnecessary, except for the shock value.

It sucks we are stuck with this for this season, the rest looks great, I'm really interested in how the Tyrells are going to act forward, Oleena never has enough screentime.

It's like all the northern children are rebelling against their dead fathers.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Promo

Littlefinger has apparently traveled back to the Eyrie and knows that Sansa has escaped from Winterfell, and isn't safe from the Boltons...how?
You're not supposed to ask questions like how or why because there are no answers for them.

Flare

Promo

Because he has little fingers all over Westeros. Or, he's R'hllor in the flesh (think about it, can be anywhere anytime, knows everything, and is capable of doing pretty much anything)

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Promo

Promo spoilers:

It's possible Ramsay tells him, and asks for help from Littlefinger?

Massa

Preview talk
Daario and Jorah trying to rescue Dany from freaking Vaes Dothrak seems like a Dorne-level bad idea, doesn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom