• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
TONIGHT
ObXFaSO.jpg

BELIEVE

Kozak

Banned
pls we all know who's coming back haha

how come this thread steps around the spoilers yet the other thread just openly talks about them and pretends its just knowledge that they have?

Daemul

how come this thread steps around the spoilers yet the other thread just openly talks about them and pretends its just knowledge that they have?

lol, have you noticed that shit too? I'm surprised the mods in the non book spoiler thread have done nothing about it, it's so blatant.

kirblar

I mean, they've been doing that when it was book spoilers. Some people just like the attention.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Mountain wasn't decapitated in the show. Those talking about that in the other thread are using book knowledge.

Apt101

I got my first ban on GAF in that thread, for mentioning something that was covered in the lore extras for the show - which are available online on HBO and come with the blurays - so not really spoilers at all and certainly not book talk since the show lore segments are inspired by the books but do not square with them (much like the show itself). They must have relaxed the rules since then over there.

Lothar

Banned
I got my first ban on GAF in that thread, for mentioning something that was covered in the lore extras for the show - which are available online on HBO and come with the blurays - so not really spoilers at all and certainly not book talk since the show lore segments are inspired by the books but do not square with them (much like the show itself). They must have relaxed the rules since then over there.

I got banned for two weeks in the Season 3 thread for answering a question about something in the show using only what was revealed in the show. I'm still annoyed by it.

Apt101

Was never even implied on the show. It's book knowledge and they should be banned until the season is over!!!!!!!

I could see from a show viewer's perspective it being speculation. People were speculating as much on Reddit's show-watcher subreddit the night Ser Robert Strong first appeared.

Lothar

Banned
Would anyone have loved last week's episode if it didn't have the Hodor scene in it?

I'm watching it again. The dialogue is so bad, especially in the Kingsmoot and Sansa scenes.

Thankfully Bryan Cogman is the writer tonight. I remember him being the good writer on the show.

"Where are my niece and nephew? Let's go murder them."

Werd

Re-watching some episodes today, have to say HBO Now's app for the Amazon Fire TV is pretty annoying. Can't move around the timeline like Netflix/Amazon, no 10/30 second skip options, can only operate it like it's VHS with 1x 2x 3x Fast Forward and Rewind, except with a lot of lag and low framerate.

Also doesn't remember my place half the time.

Apt101

Would anyone have loved last week's episode if it didn't have the Hodor scene in it?

I'm watching it again. The dialogue is so bad, especially in the Kingsmoot and Sansa scenes.

Thankfully Bryan Cogman is the writer tonight. I remember him being the good writer on the show.

Much like Dorne the Iron Islands segments are generally a let down for me. Euron being just another cackling villain without his trademark features that made him unique in the books, like so many other characters on the show, immediately turned me off a tad. I realize it's an expensive and time-consuming production but they choose to cut the oddest corners.

Re-watching some episodes today, have to say HBO Now's app for the Amazon Fire TV is pretty annoying. Can't move around the timeline like Netflix/Amazon, no 10/30 second skip options, can only operate it like it's VHS with 1x 2x 3x Fast Forward and Rewind, except with a lot of lag and low framerate.

Also doesn't remember my place half the time.

If one accesses HBO Now through a browser or on iOS these features exist. Sorry to hear about Amazon Fire TV.

Aurongel

Sansa scene was alright but the Kingsmoot suffered that Episode 1 Dorne problem where the writers were like "Fuck it, no one likes this shit so let's just accelerate it ASAP". The scene with Dany was good apart from Clarke's typically wooden acting.

Lothar

Banned
Sansa scene was alright but the Kingsmoot suffered that Episode 1 Dorne problem where the writers were like "Fuck it, no one likes this shit so let's just accelerate it ASAP". The scene with Dany was good apart from Clarke's typically wooden acting.

This was such an incredibly awkward unrealistic sounding bunch of sentences.

"The other things he did, ladies aren't supposed to talk about those things, but I imagine brothel keepers talk about them all the time.
I can still feel it.
I don't mean in my tender heart it still pains me so.
I can still feel what he did in my body standing here right now."

And then Littlefinger manipulates Sansa easily again by mentioning that Jon was her half brother.

Azzanadra

To be honest that's kind of the deal with a lot of episodes. Hardhome and The Rains of Castermere were the same.

I liked Sansa giving Littlefinger some hell, and the stuff at the Wall was good. But yeah, aside from the very very end with Hodor, there wasn't much good. And the Hodor thing was weakened to me by the incredibly stupid death of Summer.

Edit: actually I did kind of like the play, and fake Sansa was hot. And I did like the way they put together Theon and Yara's escape even if everything else surrounding it was fucking stupid.

I hope this arya ditching the faceless men thing doesn't get dragged out. Just do it already. Season needs to end with all Starks standing there together saying "it's our fucking time".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom