• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the other one?

Me, possibly.

I seem to remember somewhere that set photos of S6 had Sean Bean present but I guess it must have been confusion with Kid Ned and the Tower of Joy stuff. Or i imagined it, because I can't find it anywhere now. I wonder how this episode will be a game changer, I'm guessing it'll be more Jamie/Brienne/Blackfish related than King's Landing, unless Zombie Mountain goes ham on High Sparrrow and accidentaly tears Tommen in two before killing Cersei leaving King's Landing in absolute disarray in violence that'd take about 10 seconds.

I could really do without Dany pontificating or her usual stuff, a bit more of Tyrion and the Sons of the Harpy. Feels like it'd be a bit much if we didn't get resolution with them this season at least, unless all seems lost until Dany's mongol horde ride into town to wreck it all over again.

NeoGiff

Leaked gif of Ian McShane's Elder Brother/Broken Men combo monologue:

u5BPAxi.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Did anyone ever find out that it was Jaime who crippled Bran?

If not, I'm wondering how Jon and Sansa react if they find out the news.

I guess in theory Bran might be able to find out via his visions. If he ever meets up with them again he can tell them.

I know in the books Tyrion figured out that it was Joffrey who tried to have him killed after he was crippled, but I don't think he ever figured out it was Jamie who crippled him.

Ishan

What is it with book readers and their obsession with lady stone heart . She's okayish . I don't get the huge fan following

I was watching season 2 last night and Robb definitely brought it up. Whether he was able to tell Bran or Jon or Sansa I have no idea.

Everyone who figured it out is dead (Ned, Robb, Catelyn).

I guess in theory Bran might be able to find out via his visions. If he ever meets up with them again he can tell them.

I know in the books Tyrion figured out that it was Joffrey who tried to have him killed after he was crippled, but I don't think he ever figured out it was Jamie who crippled him.

I see. In regards to Bran and his visions, he saw himself falling in last weeks episode, so I assume he would know. There's no telling how long he'll take to meet up with the other Starks though, so it wouldn't matter for a while.

I kind of like Jaime though, so I hope that he allies himself with the Starks one day. They're really the only option for a somewhat peaceful North.

jfkgoblue

Lol the number one thing that has lessened my enjoyment of the show: finally getting around to reading the novels

Especially season 2 and its absolute butchering of aCoK

Gigglepoo

What is it with book readers and their obsession with lady stone heart . She's okayish . I don't get the huge fan following

Her unrelenting vengeance turned a likable, sympathetic character into a remorseless monster every bit as unhinged as the most disgusting villain. It's a great example of how even the traits we glamorize (like how we want Arya to get revenge) can have dire consequences.

ryseing

She shows the dangerous side of resurrection, which we have not seen with Jon. Resurrection needs to have stakes and she's the perfect vessel to provide them in the show.

Also, she kills Freys like crazy. I'm down with that part at least.

Lothar

Banned
She shows the dangerous side of resurrection, which we have not seen with Jon. Resurrection needs to have stakes and she's the perfect vessel to provide them in the show.

Also, she kills Freys like crazy. I'm down with that part at least.

The less resurrection, the better. She shouldn't be in it. Jon shouldn't have died and came back either. Both are lame.

It would be better for anyone else to kill Freys.

RaidenZR

The more relatable answer is that no one is quite sure of her endgame. Regardless if people are for or against her existence (in either Book or Show), criticism is premature. No one knows the full repercussions of her being around, and more specifically, how she'll affect the outcome of the story.

Her inclusion in the show might provide a lens on that, or something to chew on (speculation-wise), so that's why some are curious. But then again, not necessarily. Her exclusion doesn't necessarily mean anything either, because there are limits to the execution in this medium, pushing the audience too far on believable magical stuff, yadda yadda.

(goes back to watching Leaf chuck pumpkin bombs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom