• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

Or Slavery's Bay. Who do you think has the 1,000 ships?

When he hits the iron throne, it's going to sing.

LOL, made me think, what if Gendry takes over Quentyn Martell's story?

"Hey Dany baby I'm actually the king!!" *gets roasted by the dragons

Speevy

Banned
Jaime despises the Starks. Jaime despises the Boltons.

I doubt Jaime is going to help the Starks because they want to kill the Boltons.

Speevy

Banned
Given that show Euron is basically just a misogynist asshole and Dany hates those, wouldn't it be great if he proposes his fleet and just gets roasted right then and there. Dany takes his ships and sails for Westeros.

They made show Euron shit so he could be Quentyn.

duckroll

It's possible that the show Euron is the greatest deception ever in television history. We all think he's a lame adaptation of the character in the books, but in reality he's the true Faceless Man. He shows each side what they want to see. A dumb rude hick to the Ironborn, a sexy suitor to Dany, and the bastard son of the late king to Arya Stark. #believe

Euron

It's possible that the show Euron is the greatest deception ever in television history. We all think he's a lame adaptation of the character in the books, but in reality he's the true Faceless Man. He shows each side what they want to see. A dumb rude hick to the Ironborn, a sexy suitor to Dany, and the bastard son of the late king to Arya Stark. #believe
Or maybe OG Daario just got fat and the show split into two timelines after the Red Wedding leading to two Daarios then the timelines converged with Season 6 and Dany has to choose between two Daarios, one of which has a fleet.

Iksenpets

Banned

Before we got confirmed Euron casting, I thought it would have been funny if they just replaced him entirely with Gendry. Poor Gendry spends years at sea where he comes down with the sea madness and starts wearing an eyepatch. He accidentally rows into Valyria, gets the horn, and then keeps rowing until he's at Pyke, where the people are so impressed by his mental instability and long life at sea that they make him King.

Massa

Given that show Euron is basically just a misogynist asshole and Dany hates those, wouldn't it be great if he proposes his fleet and just gets roasted right then and there. Dany takes his ships and sails for Westeros.

They made show Euron shit so he could be Quentyn.

Dany won't ever meet Euron. On the show she will marry Yara and turn Theon into an Unsullied.

Jaime despises the Starks. Jaime despises the Boltons.

I doubt Jaime is going to help the Starks because they want to kill the Boltons.

I don't think Jaime despises the Starks. I think he developed a certain respect for both Catelyn and Robb, in retrospect. He also dispatched Brienne to go find Sansa and/or Arya. So while he may not be buddy buddy with them, I don't think he despises them.

gspec

I don't think Jaime despises the Starks. I think he developed a certain respect for both Catelyn and Robb, in retrospect. He also dispatched Brienne to go find Sansa and/or Arya. So while he may not be buddy buddy with them, I don't think he despises them.

I think it was just Ned Stark he didn't like. Ned was the one who found Jaime sitting on the Iron throne after Jaime killed the Mad King. Jaime said that Ned judged him without asking what happen. Thus the kingslayer title Jaime has been dealing with for years. Jaime saved the people of King landing but no one knows except Brienne after he told her.

Gigglepoo

I think it was just Ned Stark he didn't like. Ned was the one who found Jaime sitting on the Iron throne after Jaime killed the Mad King. Jaime said that Ned judged him without asking what happen. Thus the kingslayer title Jaime has been dealing with for years. Jaime saved the people of King landing but no one knows except Brienne after he told her.

Plus, Ned is an idiot.

gspec

How jacked must Gendry be at this point? Dude has to have arms the size of a grown man's legs at this point.

I believe this is the secret to making Valyrian steel that was lost years ago. Now gendry will be able to make more valyrian steel weapons and armor. #Believe

It find it kinda uncomfortable to be making light of Hodor's hodoring now that we know he was only like that because Bran completely fucked his mind and then forced him to die via wight attack so he could escape.

tumblr_o87istlFIs1tuzdqso1_1280.jpg

It's just like how Cersei is already over Myrcella. She's not obsessed with getting revenge. It's a bigger priority in her mind for Jaime to go take back a "stupid little castle" because it's theirs.

Am I misremembering -- I thought they did not suspect foul play with Myrcella.

Pkaz01

I really hope they can incorporate this Arya passage from ACOK into the next couple of episodes.

For a long moment there was no sound but the wind and the water and the creak of leaf and limb. And then, far far off, beyond the godswood and the haunted towers and the immense stone walls of Harrenhal, from somewhere out in the world, came the long lonely howl of a wolf. Gooseprickles rose on Arya’s skin, and for an instant she felt dizzy. Then, so faintly, it seemed as if she heard her father’s voice. “When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives,” he said.

“But there is no pack,” she whispered to the weirwood. Bran and Rickon were dead, the Lannisters had Sansa, Jon had gone to the Wall. “I’m not even me now, I’m Nan.”

“You are Arya of Winterfell, daughter of the north. You told me you could be strong. You have the wolf blood in you.”

“The wolf blood.” Arya remembered now. “I’ll be as strong as Robb. I said I would.” She took a deep breath, then lifted the broomstick in both hands and brought it down across her knee. It broke with a loud crack, and she threw the pieces aside. I am a direwolf, and done with wooden teeth.

One of my favorites from any of the books, I can imagine her telling that last line to Jaqen adding I am Arya Stark of Winterfell and am done playing with wooden teeth. before leaving to head back to westeros.

Madness

He probably respected Ned though. Secretly he probably envied Ned because in his mind Ned killed his hero, the sword of the morning. Jaime wanted to be a Knight and be a champion of the people, but Ned judged him as a Kingslayer and for stabbing a man in the back. And yet, Ned is only alive because we see Howland Reed stabbed Arthur Dayne in the back etc."By what right does the wolf judge the lion".

The best part of Jaime in the books is his self reflection after the loss of his hand. Looking at the Book of Brothers and noticing his accomplishments paled in comparison to the others. Writing with his left and updating his entry with 'defeated by the young wolf' etc.

Kain

Ned always struck to me as a northerner for the good and for the bad: set on his ways and completely oblivious to the lion's den in KL. He just lost at a game he had never played before. And he could not refuse Robert, not a chance. He was doomed from the beginning.

How much laughing/giggling do you think Dan and Dave have done over A Clash of Kings' initials?

lol

Apt101

Ned always struck to me as a northerner for the good and for the bad: set on his ways and completely oblivious to the lion's den in KL. He just lost at a game he had never played before. And he could not refuse Robert, not a chance. He was doomed from the beginning.

lol

Well, remember that in the books he ultimately goes to King's Landing with ulterior motives. But yea, in the show one could see the writing on the wall as soon as the contrasts between Ned and Cersei became apparent. It was a battle he could never win.

Pkaz01

I've been reading some of the reactions of people from Arya's storyline with the Faceless men and people not realizing why Arya stuck with them for so long before deciding to leave. There is a lot of talk about revenge and finishing her list and always being a stark which is valid but I think the show failed to show that Arya has a strong desire for power. That was one of the most important things in ACOK in Harrenhal when she became a mouse and when she met Jaqen she was the ghost of Harrenhal and had power. Then he left and became a mouse again, she went with the Faceless men because of that and that's why she stuck with them for so long, and it was always her intention.

It parallels the riddle Varys says to Tyrion about who has real power, everyone thinks Dany is the extremely powerful because of her army or the Tyrells are but what Arya say was that someone like Jaqen can topple an empire single handily. The subtlety of her fear of being weak hasn't been explored enough in previous seasons.

Just heard the rumor or the plan that after this season, the plan is for 13 more episodes. Personally it's a shame there are or might be less episodes in the next 2 seasons. GoT has been a show where I get together with friends to watch since season 2 in college :(

Well, remember that in the books he ultimately goes to King's Landing with ulterior motives. But yea, in the show one could see the writing on the wall as soon as the contrasts between Ned and Cersei became apparent. It was a battle he could never win.

Wait, what were the ulterior motives on the book?

duckroll

Just heard the rumor or the plan that after this season, the plan is for 13 more episodes. Personally it's a shame there are or might be less episodes in the next 2 seasons. GoT has been a show where I get together with friends to watch since season 2 in college :(

It's not a rumor. It's what the showrunners have said. It's not set in stone because they're still discussing how it could work out, but having finished Season 6, they only feel there are about 13 hours worth of story left. So they're planning with that in mind.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's not a rumor. It's what the showrunners have said. It's not set in stone because they're still discussing how it could work out, but having finished Season 6, they only feel there are about 13 hours worth of story left. So they're planning with that in mind.
I still hope they're only saying that in order to get more money out of HBO.

m3k

yo... im on a media blackout for a while

i have not read anything about this season

how is it compared to previous seasons?

I still hope they're only saying that in order to get more money out of HBO.

It'd probably get a slightly increased budget anyway? I don't know about any increases year on year but the show is still really popular I think, so...yeah. For D&D saying we'd get 13 more eps did that dismiss any possibility of a TV movie style, 2 hour finale? I can't remember if past finales are 90 minutes ish...

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
yo... im on a media blackout for a while

i have not read anything about this season

how is it compared to previous seasons?
It has its good and its bad parts. It seems somewhat rushed, but still it's pretty well done. I'm liking it so far. I would say on par with Seasons 2 & 3.

Ahh okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Still makes me sad but same time, events wont be dragged out as well. Kinda conflicted if its a good or bad thing D: Guess time will tell.

bengraven

The Cersei mourning thing is a good point. They murdered a princess of the realm; not just her daughter. They should be forming an army and making demands if Dorne.

Euron is gonna be pissed once he turns up to Mereen with his 1000 ships only to find it completely empty because Gendry has already made 1000 trips back and forth ferrying everyone over to Westeros.

dabig2

The Cersei mourning thing is a good point. They murdered a princess of the realm; not just her daughter. They should be forming an army and making demands if Dorne.

Cersei is too busy killing random peasants who made fun of her and apparently the Crown is really, really concentrated on the Blackfish being holed up in his 1 castle. Serious question, between episodes 2 and 6, how many lines were devoted to Dorne and Myrcella? This is the 3rd most major event of the series after the Red Wedding and Joffrey's purple wedding. You have the murder of 3 royals: 1 of which is the sister of the king and the others are a Lord Paramount and his heir who was engaged to said sister.

I seriously just hope the Blackfish makes fun of Myrcella dying to Jaime's face next episode. "Why the fuck are you even here showing off your fake Lannister power when your power can't even protect or avenge your bastard children."

rashbeep

Banned

Always seemed to me that Jaime yearned for Ned's respect

Can someone remind me of what the big change in book 2 was that was different from the show? I was reading that the end of book 2 was when it changed, but I seemed to have forgotten what the change was.

Can someone remind me of what the big change in book 2 was that was different from the show? I was reading that the end of book 2 was when it changed, but I seemed to have forgotten what the change was.

There's quite a few big changes starting from book 2 but if they're talking about the ending I'd guess the House of the Undying sequence? There's way more in the books compared to the show, including flashbacks to Rheagar & foreshadowing of future events (like the Red Wedding).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom