• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

- I like the idea of the Waif ultimately dying because she went for the stomach instead of the throat (to make it hurt/because she holds a grudge). If that's what happens I'll almost be okay with the Needle foreshadowing from last episode having come to absolutely nothing.

- Sandor was just witness to an almost Ramsay Bolton and his good men level silent massacre. If this leads to the Cleganebowl...so be it.

- I still have no idea why they didn't just dump Theon and his sister in favor of Euron.

- Marge playing them games. Love it.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
The sounds were literally what led him to going back to the camp.

idk man, hound was already suspicious so it doesn't make sense for him to not be on guard and ready to fight. Then again now that Im thinking about it a bit more they could have taken them all out in a matter of minutes since none of them were fit to battle.

Also someone help me out here, lol wtf is Cleganebowl?

Amazing episode, holy shit. Easily the most book-ey since S1.

The entire Lyanna scene was amazing. So was the Blackfish x Jaime confrontation. And so was the Asha and Theon conversation.

And fucking fuck for them showing Sandor before the opening. That shit was hype beyond reasonable levels.

In the preview, though,
it's really sad to see how Jaime is literally the polar opposite of book Jaime :(

Won't be a problem when both book Jaime and show Jaime are in the ground tho.

Why would the Brotherhood randomly kill some religious commoners? Those people weren't Freys and that seems to be against the whole point of the Brotherhood.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Bastard Brawl

vs.

Clegane Bowl

Which is more hype?

Why would the Brotherhood randomly kill some religious commoners? Those people weren't Freys and that seems to be against the whole point of the Brotherhood.

Yeah, that didn't make much sense to me. Random raiders, fine. But being part of the Brotherhood seemed totally pointless

clemenx

Banned
I wouldn't like Stoneheart. Makes no sense now with how few episodes remain, she's going to be real hamfisted.
That final scene was fucking great tho. Fuck yeah the Hound running around with an axe.

Would have liked the Arya at Braavos stuff to be resolved right away. She's obviously not dying (yet) so just be done with it.

Lyanna Mormont is the best character in the show.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

There were some rumors that they'd just turn the Brotherhood into a generic band of raiders.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

The Brotherhood surely has become just a group of random thieves and fucks at this point with no Lady Stoneheart.

Ri'Orius

Isn't one of the recurring themes that war, even when entered with noble pretenses, quickly devolves into savagery? I hope that the leadership of the Brotherhood is still honorable, but it doesn't surprise me if there are a lot of members who pull that sort of shit.

studyguy

Jaime getting railroaded here. Honestly I'm not bothered.
Those stabs to the stomach seem way over the top for all she was doing.
BwB being shit raiders sucks something awful but w/e. Looks like Gendry made it to shore to get shit on one last time.

Shit they're setting up better be epic and yeah show Jaime... Ehhhh. For a second I was expecting Arya's eyes to turn white but then I remembered Bran is the only Stark allowed to warg. Mini-Mormont was great. Sandor gonna axe murder some motherfuckers.

Yoda

I'm of the opinion that Arya is still being "tested". The waif clearly didn't try very hard given that she is a part of the most ruthless assassins in the ice and fire universe; also Arya apparently learned fuck all in her training to date. I'd be surprised if she just limps to the boat and leaves Braavos by the end of the season.

Isn't one of the recurring themes that war, even when entered with noble pretenses, quickly devolves into savagery? I hope that the leadership of the Brotherhood is still honorable, but it doesn't surprise me if there are a lot of members who pull that sort of shit.

I suppose, but if they're not doing LSH why have it be the Brotherhood at all rather than just any group of raiders? For that matter, it doesn't seem like the Brotherhood pulling this would get the Hound anywhere near Cersei's trial by combat; in fact, the opposite.

X-Frame

I can't comprehend how dumb they made Arya this episode. The Faceless Men are just that -- assassins that could be anyone and yet she is just strolling in the city like nothing? We spent 2 (or 3?) seasons with her training yet what has she learned?

Her storyline is annoying now.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm of the opinion that Arya is still being "tested". The waif clearly didn't try very hard given that she is a part of the most ruthless assassins in the ice and fire universe; also Arya apparently learned fuck all in her training to date. I'd be surprised if she just limps to the boat and leaves Braavos by the end of the season.

By GoT's standards Arya should actually be dead by now with so many stomach wounds, so I'll have to disagree.

Werd

I can't really recall the details, but I thought even in the books under LSH the Brotherhood had gained a reputation as somewhat out of control beyond just hanging Freys? I don't think LSH was focused on keeping them in check, just revenge. It's been a long time since I read that section though.

In the show we have no idea whats been happening with them, I'd like an explanation but hardly unbelievable they'd fall apart over years of war.

Kerned

Banned
I assume that Cleganebowl is happening, but I can't figure out any way for it to make sense that Sandor would end up being the Sept's champion in the trial by combat. There is no scenario where it's logical for that to happen.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I assume that Cleganebowl is happening, but I can't figure out any way for it to make sense that Sandor would end up being the Sept's champion in the trial by combat. There is no scenario where it's logical for that to happen.

At this point it's easier to imagine how it would happen in the books than in the show.

Iksenpets

Banned
Thoughts:

-The Hound! A small part of me wants to be mad about lack of Broken Man speech, but they hit the same themes well enough.
- Lyanna Mormont was fantastic. Lord Glover was fine too, though man, we are a long, long way from the North remembers stuff of the books listening to that guy talk about Robb and hearing that in this version it was the Boltons who helped recapture Deepwood. Manderly needs to show up and give us a good, loyal Northerner.
- I really liked the Theon and Yara scene. Good character development for Theon, and Yara finally got to have a scene where she got to be fun for at least a few seconds. I hope she tries to seduce Dany with her lesbian ways in place of Victarion's scheme to marry her.
- Blackfish scene was well done, and surprisingly book faithful. They seem to be using the Riverrun battle to set up conflict between Jaime and Brienne in order to get around Stoneheart, which seems like a pretty good way to do it.
- Hey, it's Lem Lemoncloak! I wish we got a bit more explanation of the Brotherhood's dark turn before we saw the massacre, but hopefully that's coming in the next few episodes whenever Thoros shows up.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot Arya. That was.... Kind of out of nowhere. Arya should have been way more on the defensive than that, and the waif should have been more of a professional killer?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
iDcqD9T.png

McShane sent word to King's Landing and the High Sparrow.

Speevy

Banned
If Brian Cogman name drops the Manderlys one more time without delivering Wyman FUCKING Manderly, I'm going to make some pies.

LowRoller

I can't really recall the details, but I thought even in the books under LSH the Brotherhood had gained a reputation as somewhat out of control beyond just hanging Freys? I don't think LSH was focused on keeping them in check, just revenge. It's been a long time since I read that section though.

Well at the end of feast of crows thoros hates the direction the brotherhood is heading in under the leadership of stone heart. So the massacre might be a hint for LSH, but I think it's too late for that now.

Ri'Orius

I can't comprehend how dumb they made Arya this episode. The Faceless Men are just that -- assassins that could be anyone and yet she is just strolling in the city like nothing? We spent 2 (or 3?) seasons with her training yet what has she learned?

Her storyline is annoying now.

In my headcanon right now she went to that bridge hoping to draw them out so she could fake her own death by taking the dive.

...but if that were the case I'd expect her to have a better follow-up than "stagger and bleed everywhere" :(

Saya

D&D had to slip another dick joke in that Yara and Theon scene, didn't they? Now, this episode has all the makings of a classic.

Speevy

Banned
Do you guys realize they've now used 3 people from the movie Black Death, possibly more.

-Sean Bean
-Tim McInnerny
-Carice Van Houten

Speevy

Banned
D&D had to slip another dick joke in that Yara and Theon scene, didn't they? Now, this episode has all the makings of a classic.

No, that was more of a "EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY. AND BY THAT I MEAN EURON IS TOTALLY GOING TO KILL ME IN THE BATHROOM THEON HAVE FUN."

Kerned

Banned
I don't think Sansa is making out of this season alive. She's clearly writing to Littefinger, who is clearly going to join the battle on the side of the Boltons. There are too many parallels to her father's arc. They both trusted Littefinger to have their back, and they both end up betrayed by him.

mantidor

Arya dying would be lame after all that build up but now Arya not dying would be lame, she let her guard down and received Red Wedding like stabs, they kind of ruined that storyline now.

Miss your Favorite Toy, Theon?

I really liked that scene, even if Yara has no penis she is "going to fuck" that prostitute, it shows the broken state of Theon and how it's really more of a mind problem than him not having his "toy" or whatever. As Yara said if he's that broken he should end it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom