• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Why is there now a strict time limit on how long the Starks have to gather troops?

They do know Ramsay will kill Rickon or anyone else no matter what, right?

Shit please don't kill Lyanna Mormont, please don't kill Lyanna Mormont, please don't kill Lyanna Mormont.

She's going up on the flaying posts, isn't she?

Mr. RPG

I guess Lady Stoneheart isn't coming. :(

It looks like they are going to do something else with the Brotherhood without Banners.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't think Sansa is making out of this season alive. She's clearly writing to Littefinger, who is clearly going to join the battle on the side of the Boltons. There are too many parallels to her father's arc. They both trusted Littefinger to have their back, and they both end up betrayed by him.

There's absolutely no way that happens.

There's literally nothing in the source material (or show) to suggest that Littlefinger's love for Catelyn and by extension Sansa is anything but genuine. It's the one thing about his character we can be sure of.

mantidor

I don't think Sansa is making out of this season alive. She's clearly writing to Littefinger, who is clearly going to join the battle on the side of the Boltons. There are too many parallels to her father's arc. They both trusted Littefinger to have their back, and they both end up betrayed by him.

Sansa definitely doesn't trust Littlefinger but she doesn't have many options right now.

Massa

McShane said he was a soldier at war, and later we found he was the only one hanged by the Brotherhood. Now I'm not a LSH believer, but if I were, I'd say he used to be a Lannister or Frey soldier before, and we got our first glimpse of LSH's brotherhood right there.

bengraven

Oh god, the music when Ian McShane shows up. It's like a brand new show. "And now Ian shows up and everything will be better".

God I wish they had given him a bigger part.

Oh I know who that is...

GRAVEDIGGER.

Wow, cold opening I just realized...

Kerned

Banned
There's absolutely no way that happens.

There's literally nothing in the source material (or show) to suggest that Littlefinger's love for Catelyn and by extension Sansa is anything but genuine. It's the one thing about his character we can be sure of.
He loved Cat. He saw Sansa as a tool he could use to win the North, and he still does. If it benefits his long term plans, he will certainly betray her.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
He loved Cat. He saw Sansa as a tool he could use to win the North, and he still does. If it benefits his long term plans, he will certainly betray her.

100% untrue based on the books. You can argue the show may be different but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Betty

Banned
McShane said he was a soldier at war, and later we found he was the only one hanged by the Brotherhood. Now I'm not a LSH believer, but if I were, I'd say he used to be a Lannister or Frey soldier before, and we got our first glimpse of LSH's brotherhood right there.

Does seem a little weird why they'd hang him and not just stab him or whatever.

Why would the Vale join the Boltons? LF barely convinced them to campaign against them using a questionable pretence.

Kerned

Banned
100% untrue based on the books. You can argue the show may be different but I wholeheartedly disagree.
We haven't gotten far enough in the books to know. As far as the show goes, I think he's up to no good. I hope I'm wrong, I have been loving the new badass no time for bullshit Sansa this season.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So let's take bets.

House Manderly in next episode or the one after.

Yes or no.

I don't think so. I expect to see little to no Jon storyline next episode, they'll pay a lot of attention to everyone else with episode 9 focusing entirely on Jon.

Speevy

Banned
So Lady Mormont, you might not be safe here. We just sent all 62 of our men to fight the Boltons. Perhaps you could come with the army or hide out.

"No. D and D need me to be a body in episode 9."

Betty

Banned
So Lady Mormont, you might not be safe here. We just sent all 62 of our men to fight the Boltons. Perhaps you could come with the army or hide out.

But surely D&D wouldn't kill a little girl...

Speevy

Banned
But surely D&D wouldn't kill a little girl...

uHnln_ZEd0Zf0yIFdCdx3LqcH1s

RaidenZR

If they aren't writing more material for Lyanna Mormont's character in Season 7, they don't know what they are doing. Fantastic casting, as that actress was really entertaining, and a bit of a welcome presence. I'd like to see her parley with the Blackfish next. Haha
Side note: How did Jon not present her with Longclaw? It's a symbol of her uncle's trust in him. He should have made a gesture of giving it back to the family. Come on, show! Do better.

The Arya stuff really surprised me. She got prison shanked! Can we please just off the waif already? And the High Sparrow too (as much as I really enjoy Jonathon Price). Both characters have been of service, but have long overstayed their welcome.

mantidor

This is the thing about the crosses, if they are being used as demoralizing tools they should have like strong warriors or something, wouldn't flaying and exhibiting a charismatic but obviously not a fighter leader like Lyanna actually enrage and embolden more the opposite side? This is why I thought it would be more like Tormund or someone like that, not little girls.

Betty

Banned
Show has kind of lost it's touch. A main character gets stabbed in the gut and no one is concerned at all.

No way in hell they spend all this time with Arya to have her die there like nothing.

The fact she's still ticking by the end of the episode means she's fine.

We all know this.

This is the thing about the crosses, if they are being used as demoralizing tools they should have like strong warriors or something, wouldn't flaying and exhibiting a charismatic but obviously not a fighter leader like Lyanna actually enrage and embolden more the opposite side? This is why I thought it would be more like Tormund or someone like that, not little girls.

Yeah but this is Ramsey, and Ramsey gotta Ramsey.

The only person he has to convince is Robin, which isn't too hard for trusty Uncle Petyr.

Whoops, double post. Flay me like a precocious little Lady.

Still the other lords of the Vale would call bullshit and try to overthrow LF. They can see what he is doing.
Also what does LF gain from siding with the Boltons? They have angered the Lannisters (and are expecting to fight them eventually) so their biggest ally is gone and Cersei promised LF the North if he destroyed them.

thefro

Anyone think the army of the dead may show up and crash the party at the Battle of the Bastards?

Quite a bit too early, IMHO.

Dany has to at least be a ship to Westeros when that happens.

Personally, I've always pictured the big battle happening in the North. Winterfell getting overran by dead folks would mean it happens outside Kings Landing.

Still the other lords of the Vale would call bullshit and try to overthrow LF. They can see what he is doing.
Also what does LF gain from siding with the Boltons? They have angered the Lannisters (and are expecting to fight them eventually) so their biggest ally is gone and Cersei promised LF the North if he destroyed them.

LF would know at this point about all the shit going on in Kings Landing and that the Lannisters aren't in any position to attack the Vale or the North, particularly with winter coming soon.

Speevy

Banned
Did someone give Nikolaj Coster-Waldau an acting coach?

He's been playing Jaime with some balls. The only thing missing is the big fuck you to Cersei.

If they aren't writing more material for Lyanna Mormont's character in Season 7, they don't know what they are doing. Fantastic casting, as that actress was really entertaining, and a bit of a welcome presence. I'd like to see her parley with the Blackfish next. Haha
Side note: How did Jon not present her with Longclaw? It's a symbol of her uncle's trust in him. He should have made a gesture of giving it back to the family. Come on, show! Do better.

The Arya stuff really surprised me. She got prison shanked! Can we please just off the waif already? And the High Sparrow too (as much as I really enjoy Jonathon Price). Both characters have been of service, but have long overstayed their welcome.

Probably not a good idea to give up a White Walker killing sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom