• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the next book comes out between now and the next season, I wonder if it will once again move past the storylines that the characters ended on this season.

Still think in some areas the show will still be ahead. I have a feeling anything to do with the White Walkers was stuff GRRM was saving for ADOS, especially the info about how the Children created them.

I agree, of course they probably want much more, but there is a way to finish shows without having to artificially extend its life. And splitting seasons like AMC did for Breaking Bad is not a good way to go about it.

They aren't splitting seasons, it's a reality of their production pipeline in order to air the show every 12 months. They are maxed at being able to make 10 episodes right now, it's not like they are shooting multiple seasons later year and we won't get to see it all until later.

Vic_Viper

Would someone mind explaining to me who Lady Stoneheart is and why she's supposed to show tonight? I get that she's Catilyn Stark resurrected but other than that I don't know what the significance is.

Vire

Listen, D&D probably know in order to do the white Walker battle justice they are going to have to reduce the amount of episodes and just shove all of that budget into those singular episodes instead...

Here's hoping it's all killer no filler from here on out.

Vire

Would someone mind explaining to me who Lady Stoneheart is and why she's supposed to show tonight? I get that she's Catilyn Stark resurrected but other than that I don't know what the significance is.
She is not showing up tonight... please don't listen to book readers. In fact, I really hope she never shows because it was a terrible addition in the books.

Not everything George writes is precious.

CloudWolf

She kills Lannisters and Freys and looks awesome doing it.

That said, I have a feeling Arya (or maybe The Hound) will be killing Freys in the show since they need karmic justice for the Red Wedding but clearly don't want to introduce Stoneheart.

Matsukaze

So what do folks think the body count is going to look like in King's Landing tonight?

Methinks:
Tommen is going to die.
High Sparrow is probably going to die.
I imagine either Loras or Margaery dies but not both (Olenna needs some young blood to interact with). Probably going to be Loras.
Pycelle, Lancel, and Kevan are probably all ending up dead.
Qyburn is probably safe.
Mace is probably safe.

Yes, yes it is.

Bu bu bu zigzag, where's the dire wolf.

Jon and Sansa arguing before the battle is such a powerful scene for me, especially on this re-watch. Scenes like that are what make me appreciate this show so much. Yeah, the massive battles are dragons are awesome also, but it's the character moments that glue it all together.

Vire

So what do folks think the body count is going to look like in King's Landing tonight?

Methinks:
Tommen is going to die.
High Sparrow is probably going to die.
I imagine either Loras or Margaery dies but not both (Olenna needs some young blood to interact with). Probably going to be Loras.
Pycelle, Lancel, and Kevan are probably all ending up dead.
Qyburn is probably safe.
Mace is probably safe.
100% Dead

1. Tommen
2. High Sparrow
3. Lancel

Loras will probably be horribly disfigured from wild fire burns.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kevan, Lancel and Pycell are top on my Death list.

I think Tommen is going to hang on a little bit longer, same with Margary.

Jon becomes king of the north.

I don't get how Jon becomes King with Sansa still around. Who even knows about Robb legitimizing him? And even if he was legitimized, I can't imagine Sansa will lie down while Jon is named Lord of Winterfell.

Kozak

Banned
I don't get how Jon becomes King with Sansa still around. Who even knows about Robb legitimizing him? And even if he was legitimized, I can't imagine Sansa will lie down while Jon is named Lord of Winterfell.

I think he becomes King for saving the North.

Not exactly for his name.

That might be the next tension between Sansa and Jon. The Northerners declaring Jon KitN.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

That might be the next tension between Sansa and Jon. The Northerners declaring Jon KitN.

Almost the entire army loyal to Jon is dead, and Sansa has her Sugardaddy's army.

I don't buy this whole sansa turning on anyone thing. They'll unite. If anything Sansa will support Jon being king. Or maybe sansa becomes queen who knows.

I don't think that'll ever happen.

1. The Hound would not stand a chance in a fight against him now, even before he was undead it would have been tough for him, now it is near impossible to win.

The Hound is a better fighter than the Mountain. None of the heavy hitters really had too much respect for the Mountain, he's just a big brute. Even Bronn would have taken him on for the right price. Everyone respected the Hound's fighting abilities.

The Hound had zero trouble holding his own against the Mountain at the tournament, even though he was deliberately holding back while the Mountain was full-on trying to kill him.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't buy this whole sansa turning on anyone thing. They'll unite. If anything Sansa will support Jon being king. Or maybe sansa becomes queen who knows.

I chalk up Sana not telling Jon about the Army simply to bad writing, and them wanting that Rohan moment.

But I still can't see Sansa stepping aside for Jon.

I chalk up Sana not telling Jon about the Army simply to bad writing, and them wanting that Rohan moment.

But I still can't see Sansa stepping aside for Jon.

I think Sansa has had enough of being the wife of ambitious/scummy men who want to use her simply because of her blood to rule something. If she has to be queen at least let her be queen by herself and have Jon go around with his wildling buddies recruiting people to fight against the ice zombies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Guess we should go ahead and RIP HBO GO and HBO NOW

I know I should just wait an hour for streaming to clear up....

yooUzOB.jpg

Lol

You might have noticed from watching the series that being legitimate has nothing to do with being a king. The king in the north was made up to begin with!

They could both be king of the north and bran could be king of the north, north. It is all about the swords.

Vire

I swear to god, if this season ends with another scene of Dany giving an inspiring speech or filling a huge crowd with amazement and awestruck, Wayne Brady might have to choke a bitch.

TRios Zen

Good luck GOTGAF. Dinner just coming off the pit so I'll be a good 30 minutes behind most of you, hope we have good shit to talk about over the off-season rather than bad stuff to bitch about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom