• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Really? I didn't know. I thought it started with Breaking Bad.

Also, that reminds me: I still need to watch The Sopranos.

Lost also did it before Breaking Bad. The final three seasons were shorter, first because of the writers' strike during season 4, but after that they decided to make a deal with ABC such that season 5 and 6 would be shorter than usual.

Ok so everyone think that the rumor that Cersei ordered Qyburn to investigate are the caches of wildfire buried underneath King's Landing.

But back in season 2, the show had already established that Cersei knew about the wildfire and in fact commissioned the pyromancers to make more to burn Stannis' fleet at Blackwater:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gaOlGXBVIo&t=2m14s

Are the writers forgetting this? Or is the rumor something else?

It is the Mad King's cache of wildfire which was hidden across King's Landing. They never found them all.

Whats everyones hype level set at? After last week i'm at a sure to be disappointed 11/10

Predictions, Varys turns up in KL and fulfils his book story, Cersei burns it all down, Dany heads to Westeros and the WW's breach the wall

Sheroking

Lost also did it before Breaking Bad. The final three seasons were shorter, first because of the writers' strike during season 4, but after that they decided to make a deal with ABC such that season 5 and 6 would be shorter than usual.

ABC renewed LOST for three, shorter seasons and set an end-date well before the writers strike. The strike prevented them from filling their 16 episode order, but it was always going to be a shorter season.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm guessing they'll probably mirror the end of the last book and Kevan and Pycelle are as good as dead. They could take out Lancel too, and maybe Loras? I can't see the High Sparrow dying yet though. Maybe I just want him to stick around, lol.
Kevan has had what? Five lines all season? They can't really replicate the books ending with someone most viewers probably don't even know the name of.

samn

The scheduling for The Sopranos was horrible. It was 16 months between the end of the 3rd season and the start of the 4th. They took 15 months off between seasons 4 and 5 and 10 months between the end of the first half of the final season and the second half.

I'd take 16 months between GOT seasons if the plotting improved.

I don't remember the last time the show had a good finale. Maybe S3.

edit: Forgot the S3 finale was the Myhsa ep, which I didn't like. In that case, S2.

Sheroking

I don't remember the last time the show had a good finale. Maybe S3.

edit: Forgot the S3 finale was the Myhsa ep, which I didn't like. In that case, S2.

Game of Thrones finales have traditionally been denouement following the more climactic Episode 9.

Season 4's was very good, though. Tyrion and Tywin, Hound and Brienne, Stannis routing Mance and one of the more uplifting last shots.

Kevan has had what? Five lines all season? They can't really replicate the books ending with someone most viewers probably don't even know the name of.

Qyburn. The death of another Cersei ally. It was also foreshadowed earlier in the season when they showed us the little birds. In the scene prior, Varys had a mysterious line about his birds always being loyal.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm just going to start going into the show with disappointment at each episode. That way if it's good I'm going to be surprised and if it's bad, I will never be disappointed. I can't believe it's come to this.

Ponn

Banned
Last shot is a resurrected Ramsey standing in front of tied up Jon, Sansa, Arya, Davos, Littlefinger and Ghost and bringing a club down on one of them from the victims POV. GoT fans would get a kick out of that ending eh?!

Last shot is a resurrected Ramsey standing in front of tied up Jon, Sansa, Arya, Davos, Littlefinger and Ghost and bringing a club down on one of them from the victims POV. GoT fans would get a kick out of that ending eh?!

How are they going to resurrect him if he's inside of the tummy of dogs? A spooky skeleton?

No that's what Zombie Ramsay and his minions sing after the Night King revives him. The song's about Sansa.

LMAO now it has to be canon. Will Sansa sing Once Upon a December as she looks warmly at the halls of Winterfell then all of a sudden ghosts starts appearing throughout the castle including the dead Starks?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
High Sparrow stands over Tommen, Cersei watching. She says he's mad.

High Sparrow responds: "Howland Mad". Then he whips on a pair of sunglasses and the season ends.

El Topo

I fully expect the completely nonsensical Howland Reed = High Sparrow theory to be proven right tonight. I'd also take Daario=Euron, even though it makes maybe even less sense.

Winds of winter release date to be revealed and the end of the ep????

The screen fades to black, then slowly 2019 appears on the screen.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I fully expect the completely nonsensical Howland Reed = High Sparrow theory to be proven right tonight.

I don't really see it as nonsensical.

You have the Tower of Joy being an important moment in the lore of the show. Holwand is the only living survivor, not counting Jon. Howland has been conspicuously absent the entire series. He wasn't fighting the war with Robb, even though he was one of Ned's most trusted friends and bannermen.

He's either been up to something all this time, or GRRM just forgot about him.

Paganmoon

I fully expect the completely nonsensical Howland Reed = High Sparrow theory to be proven right tonight. I'd also take Daario=Euron, even though it makes maybe even less sense.

Original (and the better) Daario turns out to be Real Euron, showing up and killing Fake Euron. New Daario disappears in a puff of smoke

Surely there would be some sort of reason besides plunging the entire world with winter by the white walkers right?

Any guesses?

They want to take over the world, and Undead don't rott in the cold. Or something.

bitbydeath

The Mountain isn't going to go out until he fights the Hound. It is known.

I don't think that'll ever happen.

1. The Hound would not stand a chance in a fight against him now, even before he was undead it would have been tough for him, now it is near impossible to win.

2. The Hound can take solace in knowing he outlived him.

3. The Mountain would more likely have more challenging fights ahead.

4. The Hound and The Mountain teaming up would be far greater to see.

El Topo

I don't really see it as nonsensical.

You have the Tower of Joy being an important moment in the lore of the show. Holwand is the only living survivor, not counting Jon. Howland has been conspicuously absent the entire series. He wasn't fighting the war with Robb, even though he was one of Ned's most trusted friends and bannermen.

He's either been up to something all this time, or GRRM just forgot about him.

It seems unlikely that he would join the Faith and become their leader though.

duckroll

It seems unlikely that he would join the Faith and become their leader though.

The High Sparrow didn't "become their leader". The High Sparrow is a man who came from wealth, and had some sort of personal epiphany one day and realized the depth of his sin and the pointlessness of worldly excess. He abandoned everything, and followed the Faith in the most basic form. Not the politics and bureaucracy of the actual order, but helping the common people and leading by example. This movement of his picked up steam and coupled with the swell of unhappiness the commoners had over all the lords fighting over whatever in the past few years, it turned into a form of protest against royal abuse in the capital.

So this isn't a guy who dropped everything to join the Faith with the intention of being a leader or whatever. He could literally be anyone who once had wealth and power in some way, whether as a businessman or a lord. It doesn't seem likely that he's a lord of importance though, because otherwise his enemies would all recognize him. So the Howland Reed theory seems unlikely. But I don't think it is implausible that someone like Howland Reed could follow the same character path if he had some sort of personal crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom