• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still maintain that Zombie Gregor was pretty frumpy. They needed more moments where they actually show *why* he should be feared (like ripping that sparrow's head off) instead of just having him hulk around. Dude looked like Baymax sometimes.

I saw the brightened pics of his de-helmed head and he looks pretty goofy there--he's got this weird crooked smirk going on, looks like he's half-smiling. Björnsson is great, physically, but he's no Conan Stevens.

In the brightened picture I made, I notice he longer has a beard. So did they shave the Mountain post death or did his hair just fall off his cheeks and chin?

I'm relatively certain that it's pretty well accepted that Sam is essentially a George RR Martin surrogate. So yeah, it kinda is Sam telling the story, in a weird way.

Morts

I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but this is awesome:

https://mic.com/articles/147172/thi...this-contraption-from-the-intro-is#.fUsJr9kN1

The gears you see at the beginning of every episode are very similar to what you see in the Citadel when Sam is looking up at the library. There is a theory out there that Game of Thrones is in the past and someone is telling a story of the events, quite possibly, Sam.

Tell us another tale of The Shepard Hound.

Speevy

Banned
If that's the case, it sort of confirms two things.

1) Humanity wins.
2) Things return to a relatively peaceful state.

Are these GRRM's intentions?

I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but this is awesome:

https://mic.com/articles/147172/thi...this-contraption-from-the-intro-is#.fUsJr9kN1

The gears you see at the beginning of every episode are very similar to what you see in the Citadel when Sam is looking up at the library. There is a theory out there that Game of Thrones is in the past and someone is telling a story of the events, quite possibly, Sam.

This would be really lame. "Let me tell you about things I shouldn't have any idea about, or personal details that I shouldn't know."

Black_Sun

it really doesnt matter anymore who the real heir is, because the old order, the old legitimacy is gone for good.
as I said, it's the same with dany. after Roberts death no one in King's Landing thought they should give her a call, that's gone.
It's a new rule now. they do want a stark, yes. that name still pulls a great weight in the north, but they'll take the best Stark they can get, and that's not Sansa, not Arya and not Bran. Jon is really the obvious choice here. It really didn't bother me at all, especially considering both Jon and Sansa didn't really want it anyway. But the north chose Jon because he is the best choice, because as I asked and you didn't answer, who would make more sense? Do you really see them voting Sansa? There was no use for a kingsmoot scene. Jon did a lot more than Sansa.

Um, actually that's not true either. A knight named Barristan went to go give Daenerys a call.

And that's not really true either. It's mentioned in Inside the Episode that Sansa is agitated about how little credit she's getting from Jon and the northerners and the interviews are pointing to Sansa blindsiding him somehow in the coming seasons and putting emphasis on how Jon's not paying attention to Sansa.

And tbh, Sansa makes as much sense as Jon if not more. Jon doesn't stop existing or leading if Sansa is the Queen in the North. He'll stick by her side.

Like overall Jon didn't do more than Sansa that contributed to their win. Sansa was the one that motivated him to go take Winterfell. Sansa was the one that won their battle for them. It's true Jon gathered the Wildlings but in the face of the Knights of the Vale, Sansa could've done the same really.

belushy

Banned

Gigglepoo

Like overall Jon didn't do more than Sansa that contributed to their win. Sansa was the one that motivated him to go take Winterfell. Sansa was the one that won their battle for them. It's true Jon gathered the Wildlings but in the face of the Knights of the Vale, Sansa could've done the same really.

Jon couldn't even convince the Wildings to fight against the Boltons. That was all Tormund's doing. Neither Jon nor Sansa could convince anyone to join them from the North. Not a single person. And now Jon is king. So, yeah, pretty crazy swing one episode to the next.

Speevy

Banned
You have to be like a Ramsay Bolton level psycho to bake anyone into a pie.

I don't care how funny or clever it is on the page.

Yep. He said his ending was bittersweet akin to the ending of Lord of the Rings.

In that case I see the ending taking place far into the future where all the fantastical/magical elements are now mundane. For example, dragons are now abundant and a standard means of transportation, everything is made of Valaryan Steel, and thanks to control of magic it is always spring now.

Zocano

The show is clearly moving in two directions:

1) Westeros will be ruled by women
2) Those women are all unhinged

I would hardly consider Sansa and Dany "unhinged". Arya and Cersei are bloodthirsty, though.

Also Cersei is the greatest bae, I will be sad when Olenna (presumably) murders her ):

That violin piano motif they used was overly sappy and DRAMATIC and just kind of boring, though. I was just amused and annoyed by it the whole time.

daripad

Guys. Do you think this season finale mirrors the way Winds of Winter will end?

I think the book will end the same way, with Dany sailing to Westeros, Cersei being a mad queen, Jamie feeling a bit of hate for her, Jon being King in the north, Sansa being at Winterfell with Littlefinger after bringing the Vale army, Bran at the wall, Arya sailing to Westeros too. Maybe some changes here and there like Aegon and Lady Stoneheart but almost all the major plot points will be at the same point. All of this is my opinion, GRRM may do it very differently though.

Zocano

I think the book will end the same way, with Dany sailing to Westeros, Cersei being a mad queen, Jamie feeling a bit of hate for her, Jon being King in the north, Sansa being at Winterfell with Littlefinger after bringing the Vale army, Bran at the wall, Arya sailing to Westeros too. Maybe some changes here and there like Aegon and Lady Stoneheart but almost all the major plot points will be at the same point. All of this is my opinion, GRRM may do it very differently though.

That feels like it doesn't leave a lot of room for Dream of Spring and I was under the impression Winds of Winter will be lengthy while Dream of Spring somewhat more brief (relatively).

Gigglepoo

I would hardly consider Sansa and Dany "unhinged". Arya and Cersei are bloodthirsty, though.

Sansa fed Ramsay to a dog. That's among the most disturbing deaths we've seen on the show. If she's not going down the unhinged path than there was a serious hiccup in how she was written.

Also, Dany has been screaming "Fire and Blood" for a season and everyone in Dorne is as crazy as a fox. These are not the most stable people in charge.

Zocano

Sansa fed Ramsay to a dog. That's among the most disturbing deaths we've seen on the show. If she's not going down the unhinged path than there was a serious hiccup in how she was written.

Eh. I wouldn't call "taking revenge on your rapist who is a crazy torturer" unhinged. If Sansa continues to be even remotely bloodthirsty, sure, I might agree, but she had all the reason to destroy Ramsey.

Also, Dany has been screaming "Fire and Blood" for a season and everyone in Dorne is as crazy as a fox. These are not the most stable people in charge.
Ramsey brutalized her and countless others. AND he murdered her baby brother. I wouldn't call a calculated choice to punish him brutally as unhinged.

Burning a sept full of your enemies and random people is definitely unhinged, however.

belushy

Banned

lol

Black_Sun

Not entirely.

Stuff that you said that will be at the end of TWOW that I agree with:

Dany sailing to Westeros will probably be the end of the book

Sansa and LF at Winterfell.

Jon being King in the North.

But the other stuff, no.

Arya will likely be in Westeros by the middle of TWOW. GRRM's already said that Nymeria and her Wolfpack will be coming back and that Arya and Gendry will meet again. Also the Mercy chapters hints that this is where she breaks with the Faceless Men.

Jaime already despises Cersei as of the end of AFFC.

It's strongly implied that Cersei has [
]already won her trial in the Mercy chapter.

No way will Cersei be in KL at the end of TWOW. Everything's being set up for Aegon to beat the Lannisters and take what should've been Daenerys' role as savior from her.

She could potentially be a mad queen in Casterly Rock though.

It seems like the High Sparrow wants to jump ship to a different king candidate but none have presented themselves until Aegon. You can expect an Aegon-HS alliance.

Gigglepoo

Eh. I wouldn't call "taking revenge on your rapist who is a crazy torturer" unhinged. If Sansa continues to be even remotely bloodthirsty, sure, I might agree, but she had all the reason to destroy Ramsey.

Like Ramsay said, he's a part of her now. And she sure showed which part of him is in her.

Ri'Orius

You know what's sadder about Arya. Like, did she become a better assassin by going to Bravos? The show covered one assassinnation (without the mask) and another attempted assassination without it. She also killed what's his name from the Kingsguard and the waif, but I don't feel like she learned much of anything there. When did she learn how to change her face? The book will obviously do a 10000x better job of her story there, but the show dropped the ball when they didn't need to.

I don't think Arya ever learned the true face-changing magic. Compare a real Faceless Man being unmasked to Arya being unmasked. It looks like Arya has made some excellent masks (probably by skinning real people), but the Faceless Men change their face with something clearly magical.

My read is that Arya tried to mimic their style and tactics, but never advanced enough into their training program to learn the real secrets.

kirblar

I don't think Arya ever learned the true face-changing magic. Compare a real Faceless Man being unmasked to Arya being unmasked. It looks like Arya has made some excellent masks (probably by skinning real people), but the Faceless Men change their face with something clearly magical.

My read is that Arya tried to mimic their style and tactics, but never advanced enough into their training program to learn the real secrets.
She's wearing a physical face in the Trant kill, right?

They are all shitbags. Everyone left alive.

This article made a wonderful case for it

Brakke

Banned
Also the Mercy chapters
hints that this is where she breaks with the Faceless Men.

It's strongly implied that Cersei has already won her trial
in the Mercy chapter

Cut it out, breh.

Kidding of course, there are a couple rules. Any content from books beyond A Dance with Dragons needs to be appropriately spoiler-tagged. Please use the tag TWOW or ADOS so everyone is on the same page. Also, please spoiler-tag any TV adaption news for upcoming episodes. Although everyone here has read the books, but not everyone wants the show spoiled.

Promise me Ned.

"Who is Ned?"

That's kind of...hard to believe.

have you read some of the replies in the no book? someone even said Jons father is Baratheon lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208448103&postcount=2858

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208434498&postcount=2008

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208434975&postcount=2052

the show started with a few flashback scenes and one of them was when Littlefinger mentioned Lyanna and Rhaegar

have you read some of the replies in the no book? someone even said Jons father is Baratheon lol

the show started with a few flashback scenes and one of them was when Littlefinger mentioned Lyanna and Rhaegar

I grasped that it was neds sister but honestly forget if we knew who the father was

(I legit thought it was still Ned for a second =x)

lol

Gigglepoo

Wait, what Mercy chapters are you talking about? ��

The Winds of Winter preview chapter.

And that's why the show is dumbed down.

Speevy

Banned
If we're going to harp on the writers for doing some things too many times, like flying Dany's dragons or sending characters on stupid quests, then it must be applauded for NOT doing another stupid trial by combat.

I don't care if the hype is real. That would have been ridiculous, and the finale was better for them not doing it that way.

jdstorm

Banned
In that case I see the ending taking place far into the future where all the fantastical/magical elements are now mundane. For example, dragons are now abundant and a standard means of transportation, everything is made of Valaryan Steel, and thanks to control of magic it is always spring now.

I think they will go the opposite way with the heroes having to sacrifice their magic powers to defeat the walkers

Speevy

Banned
9TNse72.jpg

Shame

Black_Sun

If we're going to harp on the writers for doing some things too many times, like flying Dany's dragons or sending characters on stupid quests, then it must be applauded for NOT doing another stupid trial by combat.

I don't care if the hype is real. That would have been ridiculous, and the finale was better for them not doing it that way.

I agree

But mah Cleganebowl!!!

frontovik

Banned
I was expecting Kinvara the Red Priestess to do more in the Dany arc. I dunno, like sacrifice one of the Masters to the Red God?

Her character was really underutilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom