• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faddy

Banned
Oh word I totally forgot about that scene. Sort of highlights the reason the whole Dornish thing is a mess. The fact that other houses simply exist doesn't really give us anything to go on re their interests, motivations, stances on Doran as a leader, ambitions, etc. But I'm really not interested in the show digging into Dornish rivalry politics given how much it's elided of the more interesting, say, Northern rivalry politics. They're definitely hitting a weird "uncanny valley" here where the non-lead-character Houses are too poorly drawn to be interesting, but still present enough that their absence gets conspicuous. Like what in the fuck have the rest of Robb's army been doing since the Red Wedding? The Bolton plan to consolidate power by marrying Sansa was always thin because we never saw tension between Bolton and Karstark or Umber or whatever.

The show politics in general have been very bilateral in nature. Even when Stannis was at war with everyone, he was only really engaged with one enemy at a time. Littlefinger, instead of playing a web of allegiances with Lords Declarant that have internal rivalries, only really dealt with The Vale as a body.

I think they have shown that Doran is a recluse and has isolated himself from the rest of Dorne so while it is strange there are no other lords present it is kind of explainable. What happens next in Dorne is going to require some sort of action outside The Water Gardens (or what was the point?)

Will we even see that though or will Ellaria abandon Dorne and take up a Quentyn trip to Meereen to bring Dany to Westeros. Her meeting with Tyrion would be interesting. Tyene could go to Old Town and the other two could continue their terrorising of KL which would put the story back onto the book path (obviously without Arianne and FAegon) In the books I think Doran is going to die in the most shocking way possible.... old age.

They showed what happened to Robb's army, his banner men were killed at the twins and the men scattered.

suzu

Since Dorne is sucha mess, I hope they don't show anymore Dorne-related stuff until like... their army is at the doorstep of King's Landing or the Reach or wherever. lol

Iksenpets

Banned
I am really hoping against all hope that they don't have the Sand Snakes kill Tommen. Please have the Mountain kill the Sand Snakes.

Just you wait until they kill Tommen AND the Mountain. I'm not even 100% sure I'm joking. I don't see what other purpose this plot could serve, especially now that they teleported two of them to KL.

Gigglepoo

Just you wait until they kill Tommen AND the Mountain. I'm not even 100% sure I'm joking. I don't see what other purpose this plot could serve, especially now that they teleported two of them to KL.

Why would Tommen die? Cercei already had three children die in the show.

Apt101

Can someone with skills please GIF me Brienne killing that guy with the text "Seven blessings motherfuckers". I need this for something.

Brakke

Banned
Because her unborn child was baratheon which has black hair. The prophecy was that the three childs with golden crowns (golden hair) will die.

Yep. Tommen's fucked:

Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds​

Gigglepoo

Because her unborn child was baratheon which has black hair. The prophecy was that the three childs with golden crowns (golden hair) will die.

Ah, good call. I'm curious to see who takes the Iron Throne when Tommen dies. In the books, my guess is Aegon. But I have no idea in the show.

Speevy

Banned
Wait they were in King's Landing?

I don't even anymore. Not even.

tumblr_llmxsnEPjT1qjw67go1_500.gif

Faddy

Banned
Wait they were in King's Landing?

I don't even anymore. Not even.

Time is strange in the episode, but yes the two sand snakes followed Trystane to KL, boarded his ship and killed him.

IMO scenes that take place almost immediately after season 5 scenes end.

1. Castle Black, obviously Jon Snow is still lying there
2. Tyrion and Varys walk the streets of Meereen, they are dressed exactly the same
3. Sansa and Theon running through the woods from Winterfell
4. Ellaria and Tyene killing Doran, Hotah and maester dude.

Scene taking place some days later
1. Cersei and Jaime, he had to sail from Dorne
2. Arya, she has acquired some begging stuff
3. Jorah and Daario, had to ride to the plains
4. Dany had to walk to Khal Moro's camp
5. Trystane's death. he is waiting on the ship to attend the funeral

Unknown
1. Margaery and the High Sparrow

Events in the show have never been concurrent. Cutting from one scene to another does not mean it is happening at the same time. The last universal check point we got was the Red Comet.

This kind of ordering of scenes shouldn't be a surprise. George specifically mentions it in the preface to ASoS and it is clear that we hear the reaction to some events before they happen in a POV

Why does anyone need shadow demon when Sand Snakes could teleport all over the place? If Stannis hired them his daughter could be alive today.

Apt101

I get that time is often an almost subjective thing in script writing these days, but geez, at least give the viewer a hint of where and when. Like a lil' bit.

Speevy

Banned
I get that time is often an almost subjective thing in script writing these days, but geez, at least give the viewer a hint of where and when. Like a lil' bit.

In Dorne, everything is more laid back. People drink a little wine, seek some revenge, kick back and need the bad pussy.

In the north, Riverlands, and Storm's End, characters take months to travel anywhere if they have an army. If they have a sidekick, it takes days. If they are Littlefinger, it takes minutes.

In King's Landing things happen when either Lannisters die, or ravens bring news of rebellion. Otherwise everyone just sits there and waits for either of those two things to occur.

CLEEK

I'm still hoping that Jon is somehow a Targaryen with Daenerys' unburnt powers. Maybe when they make a pyre for him, he doesn't burn and the Red Woman takes that as a sign that the Lord of Light wants him to be brought back.

If all Targaryen's have the fire resistance of Dany, the Night's Watch / audience would have found this out when Aemon carked it and was burnt on a pyre last season.

Saya

I just wonder if we'll see the two Sand Snakes who killed Trystane back in Dorne in the next episode. That would be hilarious.

I wonder why these two badass master assassins didn't just try to kill Jaime on the ship.

Speevy

Banned
I just wonder if we'll see the two Sand Snakes who killed Trystane back in Dorne in the next episode. That would be hilarious.

I wonder why these two badass master assassins didn't just try to kill Jaime on the ship.

I guarantee D and D had a conversation that went like "People hated Dorne. I think the reason was that the Sand Snakes didn't kill anyone important. Let's show the audience that they can kill someone."

Apt101

In Dorne, everything is more laid back. People drink a little wine, seek some revenge, kick back and need the bad pussy.

In the north, Riverlands, and Storm's End, characters take months to travel anywhere if they have an army. If they have a sidekick, it takes days. If they are Littlefinger, it takes minutes.

In King's Landing things happen when either Lannisters die, or ravens bring news of rebellion. Otherwise everyone just sits there and waits for either of those two things to occur.

Hah. I love you.

They were on Jaime's ship, which was anchored in King's Landing. This is according to the official GoT website. Apparently Trystane was still on board due to "grief".

anchored in Kings Landing, Cersei doesn't demand a trial or confronts him and the Kings Guard isn't guarding the boat? it doesn't make sense.

mantidor

Do you guys think
Jon 2.0 will first meet Sansa before or during the battle of the bastards?

From trailer analysis
Sansa seems to be with Davos in Bear Island, so either Davos abandons Jon (not likely imo), or they do meet before the final battle. Edit: actually Jon gathering the wildings while he sends Davos to gather the northern houses does make sense, and they are going to hold a Stark reunion as much as possible to make us stick with their show, so yeah... probably is only after the battle.

mantidor

Ok with how bad Dorne was something equally as bad has not been discussed, and that is Margaery, how can they keep her locked again? what do they want her to confess? this is one change from the books that is absolutely abysmal, and even in the books with far more serious charges she is left with Tarly because the evidence is so filmsy, while in the show is just...aaargh.

Just thought of a new Jon theory, although I'm sure this idea has been kicked around.

Bran sees the Tower of Joy scene through tree.net, and realizes how important Jon is to the future of the kingdom. Around the same time, Jon is resurrected as a wight back at Castle Black. Bran force wargs into Jon, living out his days through Jon's body and becoming the hero, the prince who was promised or azor ahai or whatever.

This way, Kit wasn't lying when he said unequivocally that Jon is truly dead. The Hodor possession scene was a foreshadow of this. And now Bran can fly on the back of a dragon--wasn't there a prophecy about that?

Timbuktu

I think they have shown that Doran is a recluse and has isolated himself from the rest of Dorne so while it is strange there are no other lords present it is kind of explainable. What happens next in Dorne is going to require some sort of action outside The Water Gardens (or what was the point?)

Will we even see that though or will Ellaria abandon Dorne and take up a Quentyn trip to Meereen to bring Dany to Westeros. Her meeting with Tyrion would be interesting. Tyene could go to Old Town and the other two could continue their terrorising of KL which would put the story back onto the book path (obviously without Arianne and FAegon) In the books I think Doran is going to die in the most shocking way possible.... old age.

They showed what happened to Robb's army, his banner men were killed at the twins and the men scattered.

D&D probably killed off Doran because they could merge Ellaria and the Snakes with the Kings Landing or Dany story thread relatively quickly and don't have to shoot at yet another location anymore.

Brakke

Banned
Ok with how bad Dorne was something equally as bad has not been discussed, and that is Margaery, how can they keep her locked again? what do they want her to confess? this is one change from the books that is absolutely abysmal, and even in the books with far more serious charges she is left with Tarly because the evidence is so filmsy, while in the show is just...aaargh.

Because Tarly isn't a distinct thing in the show. There's The Crown and then there's the Faith Militant, they're the only powers in King's Landing. The only way to bring Marg out is for Tommen to command his forces to do so. If Tommen isn't flexing, and there is no other power, why would the High Sparrow make concessions to the flimsiness of the evidence?

Kain

OK, watched it (I'll read your impressions later, I have a lot to catch up on xD)

- Liked the beginning, Davos is one of the best characters and Liam is one of the best actors in the show, period.

- Melisandre is useless (but Carice is hot)

- Dorne was, is and will continue to be a mess, I can't understand how badly D&D are treating this material. Holy shit Ellaria is bad and the SS are obnoxious and of course Doran was completely wasted, just like Mance. I'm a little relieved because I can't believe George will take this stupid route in his books, so I have hopes D&D are just inventing stuff and now we can safely say books =! show. I really hope that, otherwise, fuck everything. Good god Dorne is bad. I mean, it's like the exact opposite of what happened in AFFC and ADWD. Also lol Hotah. And Trystanentin the loser. Dorne is REALLY bad. And it's fucking Sunspear, not Dorne. Ugh.

- Jaime and Cersei did literally nothing

- "This is good meat, feed her to the hounds". Oh, Ramsay you rascal. That was fun.

- Oh look, Brienne teleporting again and appearing where she has no business! Again!

- Melisandre is useless (but Carice is like super hot)

- I don't care about Arya in the least. I understand this is character developement, but I really don't care about her training. I want her to start killing dudes already.

- Jonathan Pryce is such a good actor too. Also fuck Marge, I hate her in the show. That is good, btw, because in the books she is little more than a plot device for Cersei to go crazy and see conspiracies everywhere. I like that she has more protagonism in the show and that she is like a brunette, younger and probably smarter version of Cersei.

- Melisandre is use... oh look, she is an old hag. I actually suspected she was zombie-like in truth, like, she was young but rotting, ugly or something (because we can all agree she has been revived at least oncee for sure). Anyway this is an old theory and it's been confirmed. This gives me fear again that the show is more or less faithful to the future books, but I'm thinking some of the stuff will be true, some of it won't.

- And there was Dany there, somewhere. Don't care about her in the least, Emillia is acting worse and worse as time passes, good lord.

- Tyrion, Jorah and co did nothing too. OK.

I think the showrunners are stretching things a bit too much because half of the episode was shocking deaths and revelations and half was nothing. Weren't they set on finishing soon? What is all this nothing then?

Jacob

no he was definitely in kings landing on a ship.
I just assumed it was a second ship that sailed later.

Guys, Trystane gets on the ship with Jaime and Myrcella in S5E10. Also, the establishing shot of the ship before Trys gets murked is the same ship as in the establishing shot when Jaime arrives with Myrcella's corpse. I don't know why Trystane was left sitting around on the ship for however long, but that's what happened.

NeoGiff

If the Water Gardens scene takes place immediately after season 5, then Tyene's hair grows extraordinarily fast. Maybe that's why her pussy is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom