• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, what does that lead her to?

Two season of Facelessman development going into the final arc of the season where peoples storys are coming to a close. Only her and Brans are so open ended right now and we already know he is going against the nights king with his magic powers. Arya is more like what could she possibly do that would be satisfying for 6 or 7 seasons of character development.

She has to be involved in the White walker plot somehow

Arya is training to become an assassin. I assume her story arc would culminate in an assassination.

Iksenpets

Banned
I KNOW, haha. I don't know who dies!! :(

pm me of you have scoops (xo)

No scoops, but just knowing what we do about the plots for this season
Balon is probably your safest bet. But who would want to spend a year with a Balon avatar. Roose, Ramsay, and Kevan are safe but not 100% picks, too.

Done!

NOW I'm ready for season 6

image.php

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The thing that crawled into my mind a long time ago, about Arya's Assassin training, is the worry that the Faceless Men are on the "same side" as the White Walker's God, and that at some point, if Arya is fully indoctrinated, she might be sent out to kill someone important, i.e. Other Stark siblings. She could fully walk up to one, and they wouldn't even think they'd be in danger, because of being overwhelmed at seeing her again.

I mean, have I misread the Faceless Men's allegiances? Are they roughly on the same side as R'hllor/Red God?

Euron

Really excited to see what the show does without any book material
They'll still have book material for some things like The Iron Islands and The Riverlands plus they probably have full access to everything GRRM has written in TWOW so far. But yeah they'll have the least amount of book material this season so it'll be very interesting.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I wish I shared the confidence of you guys. I am worried once the show events passed the books, D&D started aiming for the most unpredictable turns for the story rather than the best fitting ones.

I just don't think Kit would straight up lie, avoiding the questions or not commenting would have been great. Watching his response at the 7:00 mark only leaves hope for him sitting out a season or two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT0hsKz2NFI

The problem with this discussion is that there's direct evidence from filming that definitively answers this question, so unless you want to be unsure (not how it sounds) there's no reason for you to be questioning this.

NeoGiff

One of the things I'm most excited about this season is getting a nice shot of flowery Mace for my avatar. If anyone else grabs it before me, I vote that they're instantly banned. Ok? Ok.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The thing that crawled into my mind a long time ago, about Arya's Assassin training, is the worry that the Faceless Men are on the "same side" as the White Walker's God, and that at some point, if Arya is fully indoctrinated, she might be sent out to kill someone important, i.e. Other Stark siblings. She could fully walk up to one, and they wouldn't even think they'd be in danger, because of being overwhelmed at seeing her again.

I mean, have I misread the Faceless Men's allegiances? Are they roughly on the same side as R'hllor/Red God?

If I remember correctly they are directly against the dragons, which could imply they are working with the white walkers...however I doubt they would have Arya try and kill a sibling. Sansa would be the only one considered. She would be more likely to told to assassinate someone like Dany, Tyrion, or anyone working with her.

Iksenpets

Banned
One of the things I'm most excited about this season is getting a nice shot of flowery Mace for my avatar. If anyone else grabs it before me, I vote that they're instantly banned. Ok? Ok.

I want animated avis back so your feathers can waft in the breeze. Mace deserves it.

Speevy

Banned
It seems pretty obvious that
Margaery Tyrell is not going to get rescued by either her family or Jaime Lannister.

But so what? Why does anyone in this situation care if Margaery has joined the faith, or feels bad, or anything?

It seems like the restoration of the monarchy would be paramount over the church.

Are they really going to leave the sept when Margaery comes out all decked out in faith garb?

It's been suggested that Jaqen was originally heading north to kill Bloodraven and that Arya will be sent to kill Bran, or used against him in some other way.

Gigglepoo

It's been suggested that Jaqen was originally heading north to kill Bloodraven and that Arya will be sent to kill Bran, or used against him in some other way.

I don't think that's on the show, though. I think people would be confused if Jaqen ended up in Oldtown this season.

Iksenpets

Banned
I don't think that's on the show, though. I think people would be confused if Jaqen ended up in Oldtown this season.

I could see them ending this season with Jaqen announcing that he's leaving on some mission, and then have him meet Sam in Oldtown at the start of season 7 (I think they could do something similar with one of the Sand Snakes to take the Sarella role, too) but no way he gets there this season. And that could all be cut entirely, but either way, I don't think much happens in Oldtown this season. It seems like things are mostly about Sam getting Gilly settled at Horn Hill and introducing Randyll.

Speevy

Banned
lmao

Ramsa'ys fuck buddy is still alive

Elaria still alive what the hell

Myranda's very clearly dead in that photo, but maybe Melisandre's magic revives her.

Also yeah I don't expect Dorann to have Ellaria executed. I told you. He was in on it from the start.

Koko

Banned
Myranda's very clearly dead in that photo, but maybe Melisandre's magic revives her.

Also yeah I don't expect Dorann to have Ellaria executed. I told you. He was in on it from the start.
Wouldn't make more sense to executed her if he knew about it? That way he still can be seen as a neutral player while he plans for whatever is next.

I completely forgot about Randyll appearing this season.

Speevy

Banned
Wouldn't make more sense to executed her if he knew about it? That way he still can be seen as a neutral player while he plans for whatever is next.

That's true. I just hope they keep the Dornish stuff relevant and brief.

Iksenpets

Banned

Random Dorne speculation:
Doran meant to use Myrcella to get Trystane into King's Landing as a spy, and to begin laying the groundwork for the Dornish to help Dany take the city when she arrives. Myrcella's death has fucked that up and Trystane is hostage now.

Doran intends to hand Ellaria over to face trial in order to get Trystane released and seated on the Small Council, but he knows Ellaria and the girls will freak out and cause him trouble if he does this, so he gives them the vengeance speech and let's them in on the scheme, in hopes that they'll cooperate.

This is how we get the Sand Snales sent to KL like in the books. Tyene travels with her mother, and once in the capital uses her tits to get in good with the sexually deprived members of the Faith, while Ellaria demands trial by combat so Obara can try to bust her out with her spear "skills". Nym isn't needed for any of these plots, so she gets sent to Oldtown to research dragons so that they can use them when Dany arrives.

Speevy

Banned
Doran meant to use Myrcella to get Trystane into King's Landing as a spy, and to begin laying the groundwork for the Dornish to help Dany take the city when she arrives. Myrcella's death has fucked that up and Trystane is hostage now.

Doran intends to hand Ellaria over to face trial in order to get Trystane released and seated on the Small Council, but he knows Ellaria and the girls will freak out and cause him trouble if he does this, so he gives them the vengeance speech and let's them in on the scheme, in hopes that they'll cooperate.

This is how we get the Sand Snales sent to KL like in the books. Tyene travels with her mother, and once in the capital uses her tits to get in good with the sexually deprived members of the Faith, while Ellaria demands trial by combat so Obara can try to bust her out with her spear "skills". Nym isn't needed for any of these plots, so she gets sent to Oldtown to research dragons so that they can use them when Dany arrives.

This sounds just horrible enough to be accurate.

Koko

Banned

tumblr_n6itceD6OO1qhfadgo2_500.gif

Patriots7

I don't remember (don't think it was) if it was ever implied in the books, but did the Tyrells know about the Red Wedding ahead of time? Or was it just coincident in that they were trying to marry Sansa off to Willas?

I don't remember (don't think it was) if it was ever implied in the books, but did the Tyrells know about the Red Wedding ahead of time? Or was it just coincident in that they were trying to marry Sansa off to Willas?

There's no reason to believe that the Tyrells had any prior knowledge of the Red Wedding. Marrying Sansa made sense without it anyway as Robb had already been stripped of all titles and lands by royal decree.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Arya is training to become an assassin. I assume her story arc would culminate in an assassination.
I've always seen Arya assassinating
Littlefinger in the end. Because it would make sense that the plotting Littlefinger would be taken out by the one thing he could have never expected. You could even have Littlefinger actually win the game of thrones and become King... Only to get killed off by Arya in the final scene.

This would also fulfill Arya's revenge plotline, though I could see Arya killing Littlefinger without ever finding out his role in her father's death. Thus she would get her revenge with none of the satisfaction.

... Or this is Game of Thrones and she'll kill a Stark.

Of course none of that is happening this season.

I've always seen Arya assassinating
Littlefinger in the end. Because it would make sense that the plotting Littlefinger would be taken out by the one thing he could have never expected. You could even have Littlefinger actually win the game of thrones and become King... Only to get killed off by Arya in the final scene.

This would also fulfill Arya's revenge plotline, though I could see Arya killing Littlefinger without ever finding out his role in her father's death. Thus she would get her revenge with none of the satisfaction.

... Or this is Game of Thrones and she'll kill a Stark.

Of course none of that is happening this season.

That's assuming
that there will be any Starks besides Jonsus Christ left to kill in the first place. :p

I personally expect their family line will go down to him and the two girls in the end, with Sansa being the only one who keeps it going once everything is over.

Speevy

Banned
Let's do a quick and dirty "Death Prediction" poll.

No spoilers. You have to predict who you think will die throughout the season. Put your guesses in spoiler tags since most will assume your posts are tainted by set leaks.

You get one point for every person who dies. You lose a point for every person who doesn't die from your list. You lose a point for every named cast member (in other words, no "random guard" who dies but you didn't list them. "Surprise" characters don't count. If you don't know they exist right now (April 21st), it's impossible to guess their death.

-Roose Bolton
-Ramsay Bolton
-Balon Greyjoy
-Yara Greyjoy
-Rickon Stark
-Edmure Tully
-Bryden Tully
-Podrick Payne
-"Black Walder" Frey
-Lancel Lannister
-Ellaria Sand
-The Waif
-Missandei
-Grey Worm
-Loras Tyrell
-Aliser Thorne
-Olly
-Septon Meribald
-Meera Reed
-The High Sparrow

So those are my guesses.

Plasmid

I've been making predictions on my phone for a while and this is what I got.

Game of thrones entire season 6 speculation  and hopes 

Jon:
Finds out his lineage
Revival first episode
Kills Ramsay
Stays a stark 
Goes to fight the white walkers
Is at the wall when it falls
Ghost dies 

Danny:
Becomes queen Khaleesi
Goes through her final rebirth