• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werd

Good episode, though given everyone saw the resurrection coming miles away I was hoping some aspect of it would surprise. Played out without much tension for me. Definitely look forward to seeing what state he is actually in next week though, between that and
the tower of joy
in the preview.... got to be one of my more anticipated early season episodes.

Ozium

this episode was so much better than the first episode it's ridiculous

lack of shitty dorne and dothraki scenes will do that

studyguy

I would have preferred the rebirth by fire theory

Have Mel try to raise him, fail, so they burn him, and then he comes back.

But this works too!

Same I thought they'd try to burn him only to find him alive or something more.... over the top idk. At least burn someone to revive him.

LordCanti

People on this show have a way of letting others that might want to murder them get super close. RIP.

I've always assumed Mel would resurrect Jon so that's no surprise. Ghost passing out right before he woke up and then simultaneously waking up with him seems to support the theories that he was warged inside.

Everything else was done well. I'm looking forward to the Tower of Joy.

(Knew Tyrion was too popular to get smoked but was still nervous)

Violater

Its all your fault GRRM. We had to find out like this.
I'm sure he wrote the resurrection much better. I wonder whose pov chapter it would have been, Melisandre or Davos?

Speevy

Banned
I thought that was fantastic by current D and D standards. Best episode since Hardhome, and better than the entirety of season 5 apart from Hardhome.

To the point, little filler, brisk.

I really, really enjoyed that.

Euron seemed a little too chill given how badass the Greyjoys are supposed to be, but I liked that they used some of his book dialogue.

Apt101

Damn Twitter is exploding. I literally got like 400 GoT hits in less than a minute. Over 44k according to Twitter search. Some great gifs.

Flare

When Jon does come back, I don't think we'll be seeing anymore Jon chapters. He won't be Jon the way we knew him.

Lautaro

So Dany gets her boats to come to Westeros

Oh right because they burned her fleet in the last episode SMFH.

Its like these guys are making it up as they go... maybe they were asked to make the show longer?

So far we have a downgraded Tyrion (VARYS HAZ NO COCK, I'M SO FUNNY!) and a Direct-to-DVD Euron.

The only thing that hypes me now are Bran's visions.

clemenx

Banned
I imagine we wouldn't know until some time after the final books have been published, but I would be fascinated to know if the show moving beyond the books winds up changing things that would have happened.

I'm kinda hoping for that tbh. I wish to experience basically 2 different things. I have to admit that while I liked this episode a lot, the fact that thoughts about TWOW are still in the back of my mind and somewhat bothers me.

I imagine we wouldn't know until some time after the final books have been published, but I would be fascinated to know if the show moving beyond the books winds up changing things that would have happened.

I'd be really disappointed if he changed stuff just because of the show. The story should be what it is, and not cater to being a surprise for the audience.

Its all your fault GRRM. We had to find out like this.
I'm sure he wrote the resurrection much better. I wonder whose pov chapter it would have been, Melisandre or Davos?

It'd most likely be Melisandre since Davos is likely off to Skagos.

TheFatOne

Pretty obvious stuff for the most part, but it was a much much better episode than last week. Jon Snow being revived is the most obvious. At least they only dragged it through two episodes. Overall though this episode was way better than last week. Looking forward to the next episode.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
People need to stop praising D&D for this episode and show respect to the real MVP, Dave Hill.

Speevy

Banned
I was also totally wrong about the child actors. They were pretty good.

Now, I'm praying to the old gods, new gods, drowned gods, many-faced gods, whatever that they don't screw up
the Tower of Joy next week.

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE don't screw up Tower of Joy.

Wray

Can somebody make a Bish banned gif of the Mountain squishing that dudes head against the wall!

That was amazing lol.

Man that was much much better. Boltons death and the manner it happen is disappointing but I guess inevitable. Also the king Greyjoy job change gets the job done of introducing a character and get him off the board. Though the idea of the curse and him just falling is more enjoyable to me. To many family killings going on lately.

Also I'll interpret that John was in Ghost and came back with the help of his warg abilities

Turin

Banned
Good episode.

One way or another, finally seeing "Azor Ahai Reborn" felt good.

While I don't care for Roose passing the torch to Ramsay, at least he got one last dig at him and Ramsay wasn't annoyingly mustache twirling sadistic for once.

LifEndz

Can somebody make a Bish banned gif of the Mountain squishing that dudes head against the wall!

That was amazing lol.

That scene was great for a lot of reasons. For me, it's the idea of this zombie giant in bright gold armor roaming the streets keeping an ear out for anyone slandering Cersei. Almost a GoT version of Deebo.

This was the best episode since Hardhomme. Just hits after hits after hits. We're in full on WoW spoiler territory now.

Zombie mountain was on screen for about 2 minutes but it felt like much longer due to the great use of tension.

Euron not having an eye patch threw me off though. And also, not being Daario.

That scene was great for a lot of reasons. For me, it's the idea of this zombie giant in bright gold armor roaming the streets keeping an ear out for anyone slandering Cersei. Almost a GoT version of Deebo.

The impression I got from that scene (and Cersei's reaction after) was that Cersei did actually remember him from the flashing, and sent the mountain to wreck him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom