• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

I quite liked this episode - much much better than last week's. Loved Theon and Sansa's scene, Alfie Allen is definitely one of the MVPs of the series and that hug between them, after all the shit that has happened was really powerful.

I didn't mind the Ironborn stuff, to be honest. I loved how the scene looked, nevermind the inherent cheesiness.

On the other hand, Ramsay... eugh. Poor Walda. That was completely unnecessary IMHO.

And... yeah, he's back. *plays "Bring Me to Life"*

PREVIEW SPOILERS
TOWER OF JOY DAMMIT! LET'S DO THIS!!

This was the best episode since Hardhomme. Just hits after hits after hits. We're in full on WoW spoiler territory now.

Zombie mountain was on screen for about 2 minutes but it felt like much longer due to the great use of tension.

Euron not having an eye patch threw me off though. And also, not being Daario.

RIP in peace. Euron = Daario. We hardly knew ye.

X-Frame

I wonder how many men Ghost would have destroyed if they got into the room ..

Also, is Ghost and his siblings supposed to get bigger still? I can't remember from Episode 1 how big the dead mother was, but I can't see her being much bigger than Ghost is now .. or am I wrong?

Speevy

Banned
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Theon remembered Ser Rodrik.

I wonder if Theon will end up killing his crazy uncle.

When Jon does come back, I don't think we'll be seeing anymore Jon chapters. He won't be Jon the way we knew him.

This I see a lot, but I don't think it will be the case. I think part of the reason we've gotten so many new POVs is because George has run out of stuff to say about the existing ones. He seems to love to go into POV's past to tell new stories, and we've kind of run out of all of that. I think he said he's not adding anymore. But being dead I think gives a lot to write about from a character's perspective.

studyguy

7cI8m9.gif

Jon about to walk out to Undertaker's theme next episode

LifEndz

Next episode looks to be amazing. I wonder *preview spoilers*
what is the gift that northman says he has for Ramsey.

Severance

Well they are certainly moving the plot forward. The Wall storyline is a bit awkward to watch because of it tho. If you're going to kill Jon for bringing Wildings back with him, why open the gate? Why display Jon's body, take responsibility, and divide the Nights Watch when there are significantly more wildlings behind the wall already? It makes no sense when you think about it. The books at least have the pink letter and Jon straight up breaking his oath.

Other than that, it's a really great episode. Seemed like Melisandre was purely winging it and wasn't performing any particular ritual. Should be interesting to see how the resurrection goes down in the books since the circumstances will be entirely different. No Davos, Stannis/Shireen/Selyse presumably all still alive, etc.

Betty

Banned
It's the most important scene in the entire series.

I'll be honest, I read all the books and I don't remember
The Tower of Joy, reading up online doesn't really give much away either so it'll be interesting to see I suppose.

I find it pretty funny that after what, like 1.5 seasons or so away Balon just shows up and immediately dies. Also that they don't bother to explain why a Kingsmoot is needed. Not even an extra line of dialogue?

Grief51

Banned
What's the point of bringing back the Greyjoy' arc now though?

Have you not read the books? The Ironborn do lots of important things. Like bringing Dany a fleet. Attacking The Reach (where Sam is headed).
Euron has his Dragon horn which can supposedly control Dragons.

I hope we see dying Lyanna with a child so we can put some more theories to rest. Not that it's been much of a debate for the last like 17 years.

It was a joke. Like...D and D can either write bad pussy or "I am the first storm and the last." and they can't win either way.
I know.

Sean C

That's Smalljon Umber, handing Rickon over to Ramsay, unfortunately.

Tyrion's scene with the dragons makes me want to believe the secret Targaryen theory is true.
The weird thing is, I thought it might be heading that way after reading the spoilers, but the actual episode goes out of the way to dismiss the idea that there's anything special to what he did. He likens it to the dragons not harming Missandei and makes it sound like any "friend" of Daenerys can do it.

I would have preferred Roose to stay alive and Jon to stay dead but what can ya do. Episode was ok. I just feel there are few too many deaths packed to few episodes like they are in a rush.

UberLevi

Would've liked to see a scene where they did the 'now his watch has ended' bit for Jon Snow prior to the comeback. I like the idea that resurrection is a loophole in the vows.

studyguy

I find it pretty funny that after what, like 1.5 seasons or so away Balon just shows up and immediately dies. Also that they don't bother to explain why a Kingsmoot is needed. Not even an extra line of dialogue?

My girlfriend was like are these guys new who the fuck are they? I don't blame her for not remembering Balon.

Also bets on Rickon ending up dead this season? Seems reasonable since it's less to write for D&D and Rickon has barely been a thing all show.

Maybe they're finally introducing Alys Karstark? If all the Starks are presumed dead, a Bolton/Karstark union is the logical choice to unite the northern houses.

Well they are certainly moving the plot forward. The Wall storyline is a bit awkward to watch because of it tho. If you're going to kill Jon for bringing Wildings back with him, why open the gate? Why display Jon's body, take responsibility, and divide the Nights Watch when there are significantly more wildlings behind the wall already? It makes no sense when you think about it. The books at least have the pink letter and Jon straight up breaking his oath.

Other than that, it's a really great episode. Seemed like Melisandre was purely winging it and wasn't performing any particular ritual. Should be interesting to see how the resurrection goes down in the books since the circumstances will be entirely different. No Davos, Stannis/Shireen/Selyse presumably all still alive, etc.

While I don't think the assassination of Jon worked in the show, it didn't really work in the book either. Maybe it made slightly more sense why they would do it in the book, but they still murdered the Lord Commander while being surrounded by wildlings while the Lord Commander was the only thing possibly keeping the wildlings i check

Maybe they're finally introducing Alys Karstark? If all the Starks are presumed dead, a Bolton/Karstark union is the logical choice to unite the northern houses.

It'd probably be a waste of time to do that. Unless you think Ramsay isn't going to be killed by Jon this season.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The weird thing is, I thought it might be heading that way after reading the spoilers, but the actual episode goes out of the way to dismiss the idea that there's anything special to what he did. He likens it to the dragons not harming Missandei and makes it sound like any "friend" of Daenerys can do it.
He barely qualifies as a friend. It also doesn't mean Missandei could have still done it. The scene felt exactly like Quentyn's in the book except Tyrion lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom