• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ChapubvWwAAMsFO.jpg:large

The Hermit

Is that Tyrion scene with the Dragons foreshadowing something?

I have a friend who said he thinks each Dragon will be ridden by Snow, Daenerys and Tyrion... I can see that happening.

Ramsey is a very uncompelling villain. Clearly written to follow from Joffery as the bastard we're meant to hate, it just doesn't work.

I really wish they'd shifted direction and made Roose a more prominent antagonist. As viewers/readers we have cause to dislike the character; natural enemy of the starks, red wedding involvement etc. Ramsey started off interesting enough but quickly devolved into a cheap, poorly written villain.

It would have been interesting to further play on the father-son dynamic between Ramsey and Roose, give the pair actual development. It's all been very disappointing so far,

Despite the goings on at the wall and north of the wall being fantastic; the surrounding stories have fallen flat. It's expected I guess, the show is quite restricted in the current format but I just don't feel as enthralled in the series as I was during the first 4 seasons.

Rant aside - this is by far the best episode since season 4 (excluding Hardhome which is god-tier television). My complaints may make it sound like I dislike the series, but my small disappointments are just amplified due to my high expectations I feel.

Valhelm

contribute something
Jon's revival was a cute callback to Bran's awakening.

I'm almost certain the Great Northern Conspiracy, or a very clumsy version thereof, is going to happen this season. The Karstarks et al are going to overthrow Ramsay and probably instill Sansa as queen. Ramsay is playing the Game of Thrones now, and he just doesn't have the cunning to stay on top.

What do we think is going to happen on the Wall? Is Jon just going to stay up there, with a newly integrated Night's Watch, until the inevitable onslaught of the Others comes?

Is that Tyrion scene with the Dragons foreshadowing something?

I have a friend who said he thinks each Dragon will be ridden by Snow, Daenerys and Tyrion... I can see that happening.

That's been a pretty popular theory for awhile. I kind of hope that's not the case, or at least hopefully Tyrion isn't a Targaryen which would just ruin the story between him and Tywin.

iamblades

Ohhhh no. Damnit. That makes a lot of sense. Damn. I hope not though.

That would be yet another terrible change from book to show.

I'm hoping he's bringing Frey pies.

Would be a shame not to get Manderly, but I've made my peace with that getting cut.

I'm almost certain the Great Northern Conspiracy, or a very clumsy version thereof, is going to happen this season. The Karstarks et al are going to overthrow Ramsay and probably instill Sansa as queen. Ramsay is playing the Game of Thrones now, and he just doesn't have the cunning to stay on top.

What do we think is going to happen on the Wall? Is Jon just going to stay up there, with a newly integrated Night's Watch, until the inevitable onslaught of the Others comes?

I fully expect him to go down south and fuck some shit up with the Wildlings riding beside him. He's not part of Watch anymore, and there are still plenty of people around who hurt and betrayed his family.

D&D don't look to be holding anything back this season.

Sean C

He barely qualifies as a friend. It also doesn't mean Missandei could have still done it. The scene felt exactly like Quentyn's in the book except Tyrion lived.
No, it doesn't mean Missandei could have done it, but the show located it in that range, and there hasn't been the slightest suggestion on the show that you need to be of Targaryen/Valyrian extraction to tame a dragon (which is a subject of debate in the books).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
He barely qualifies as a friend. It also doesn't mean Missandei could have still done it. The scene felt exactly like Quentyn's in the book except Tyrion lived.

I'm sure wanting to make book readers think of Quentyn was intentional. Sure I'm not the only person who thought he might get toasted.

That's been a pretty popular theory for awhile. I kind of hope that's not the case, or at least hopefully Tyrion isn't a Targaryen which would just ruin the story between him and Tywin.

I don't buy the Dwarf Targaryen theory. I do like the idea that the Dragons know their friends. Tie in with the book and you can also say that they know who is worthy.

Kettch

Man that was much much better. Boltons death and the manner it happen is disappointing but I guess inevitable. Also the king Greyjoy job change gets the job done of introducing a character and get him off the board. Though the idea of the curse and him just falling is more enjoyable to me. To many family killings going on lately.

Also I'll interpret that John was in Ghost and came back with the help of his warg abilities

Inside the episode spoilers (?):

One of the Ds says that Ghost just senses when Jon is coming back or something. He could be lying, but if they were going to do the whole warg thing, why would they cut out Jon's last word? It would have worked far better with that.

How would the Karstarks get Sansa?

I think they'll stumble blindly into an alliance with Ramsay, just like in the novel, and pay for it dearly when the Umbers and Manderly's betray them in favor of Jon & Sansa announcing their presence at Castle Black.

Valhelm

contribute something

Euron is basically a historically accurate Jack Sparrow. He's a charming rogue who loves to party, but is also a serial rapist who's murdered hundreds of people and enjoys watching others suffer. After killing a Reachman lord and making a "salt wife" out of his bastard daughter, he forces the lord's widow and legitimate daughters to strip naked and serve wine to his men.

How would the Karstarks get Sansa?

I think they'll stumble blindly into an alliance with Ramsay, just like in the novel, and pay for it dearly when the Umbers and Manderly's betray them in favor of Jon & Sansa announcing their presence at Castle Black.

You might be right. I'm only expecting the Karstarks to betray Ramsay because they're the only lesser house we saw this episode. But they have a very legitimate beef with the whole Stark family, so they might stay on Ramsay's side.

Grief51

Banned
Man they better not screw up
Tower of Joy
. It is one of the most important moments in the entire series. Tonights episode was well done though so I have hope.

Lautaro

Have you not read the books? The Ironborn do lots of important things. Like bringing Dany a fleet. Attacking The Reach (where Sam is headed).
Euron has his Dragon horn which can supposedly control Dragons.

Yes, I did read the books. When the show gave a fleet to Dany it was pretty obvious that they were done with the Ironborn arc, that's why is weird that they suddenly decide to burn the fleet and bring this arc back, is like they changed their mind during last season (probably they need something to make the show longer because is so succesful).

golem

Someone remind me why the Umbers would
turn over Rickon
without some kind of secondary plot going on? They seemed to be pretty big supporters of the Starks and had to make a choice when Robb went down.

Yes, I did read the books. When the show gave a fleet to Dany it was pretty obvious that they were done with the Ironborn arc, that's why is weird that they suddenly decide to burn the fleet and bring this arc back, is like they changed their mind during last season (probably they need something to make the show longer because is so succesful).

They propably saw how Dorne turned out and they decided to rush what was left of Dorne and bring back the Ironborn.
I never understood why they bothered with Dorne to be honest. The Ironborn were more well established and are supposed to have a bigger impact on the story than Dorne(after Young Grif was cut anyway).

Possible Lyanna casting based on a description.

Nothing on Rheagar or Brandon.

I think for Brandon they may use the cut footage from the pilot.

Zolo

They propably saw how Dorne turned out and they decided to rush what was left of Dorne and bring back the Ironborn.
I never understood why they bothered with Dorne to be honest. The Ironborn were more well established and are supposed to have a bigger impact on the story than Dorne(after Young Grif was cut anyway).

I guess they really wanted to capitalize on Oberon's popularity, but none of the other characters ever stuck like they were hoping for.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I was expecting them to somehow imply that Ghost was possessed by Jon. Was kinda surprised that he woke up after all. Had to be one of these two options though.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Someone remind me why the Umbers would
turn over Rickon
without some kind of secondary plot going on? They seemed to be pretty big supporters of the Starks and had to make a choice when Robb went down.
I don't understand that either, but between the Great Jon not showing up in the show after he was mad Robb made a deal with the Freys and the book having some Umbers begrudgingly supporting the Boltons, they seem to be aligned with the Boltons in the show.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I like that the Balon/Pyke scenes could easily just been scenes filmed 2 years ago. Slowest Ravens ever, just now getting word their last castle had fallen.

Grief51

Banned
Holy crap almost forgot about getting backstory on Hodor/Willis! I loved that part.
Man, really makes me wonder what happened to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom