• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Bend the knee. Also I have no idea what I'm doing, please tell me what to do. Phew, thanks. Now bend the knee.
Probably one of the worst things about the show is that Dany's only ever decision ruling wise was her marrying Hizdahr and re-opening the fighting pits. Like Varys and Tyrion expect her to be this great ruler because she had compassion and justice, but a war time commander is much different than a Queen ruling during a time of peace.

Brakke

Banned
He's gunna bend the knee and then pull out a little velvet box from Robbins Brothers, the engagement ring store (tm).

Also now that Missy knows the delights of the Lord's Kiss, someone's just gotta get word to Dany that Jon's a Lord among men and it's all settled.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
also in the preview
Was that Jon running and then being ambushed by Dany on her Dragon? Like...what's her end game there?

Preview spoilers:
It couldn't literally be her just showing up with the Dragons after the battle lol

He got up early morning and snuck out without saying bye.

I imagine that's what it is?

Preview:
I hope the dragon sniffs him and goes "nah, this guys cool, i don't wanna burn him

Yeah, I'd love to see Dan-Actually no, knowing Dany, she would go fucking insane and just start killing everyone. 'How dare my dragons defy their queen blah blah blah bend the knee you lizards!'

Preview spoilers:
It couldn't literally be her just showing up with the Dragons after the battle lol

Oooh lala.
JON I JUST ROASTED PEOPLE LET'S FUCK.

Vyer

I am in awe of these dragon scenes. To think I'd be watching something like that in a tv show would have been rather unbelievable at one time

Whole episode was great

ZOONAMI

Preview:
I hope the dragon sniffs him and goes "nah, this guys cool, i don't wanna burn him
Pretty sure this is what it will be. He will pet the dragon, Dany will see it and think hmm, is he a targ???

Then bran will confirm to jon and Dany that Jon is a targ, but not until after they've already boned and married, and then they will just keep that on the dl.

I am in awe of these dragon scenes. To think I'd be watching something like that in a tv show would have been rather unbelievable at one time

Whole episode was great

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna watch the whole battle again. It was just fantastic to see.

emag

Yeah, they have destroyed a really cool character. Just make kill him already, make him trip on th stairs or something, it obvious that they dont know what to do with his character.

His character has begun to crumble in the books as well. I get that Sansa is his weak point, but drawing it out so much is painful to read/watch.

D&D already mentioned how Danny and Jon meet together near the end.

Jon comes back after the war to the house early morning. Danny is there waiting for him.

"I forgot to bring you a Christmas present"

Danny then grabs a bow and puts it on him

"you're my Christmas present"

So far no leaks of episode 5, right? Aside from the leaked plot that is.

I would very much like not having to leave facebook, instagram, twitter and youtube for another week to avoid the spoilers.

1. I'm guessing only Drogon was there for budget reasons.

2. I'm guessing there has to be more significance to the cave. Did the Others drive both the Children and the first men all the way from the north to Dragonstone?

Dragonglass is what they used to defeat them, so...they were in one place and had to get to the other

TTG

It's a reference to Littlefinger's "Chaos is a ladder" monologue. It implies Bran knows exactly what Littlefinger has done and what he is trying to do.

How am I supposed to remember that shit? What season was that?

For those complaining about the Arya sparring match, I thought it was one of the better fight scenes of the show. For one, I wasn't nauseated by 12 cuts in 3 seconds as seems to be the norm. Yea, Brienne would have likely dominated with a helmet, but Arya's abilities aren't about swinging away at full armored knights on the battlefield.

Right outside of Highgarden I believe

Nah, it was outside of King's Landing. The money got through, but supplies didn't.

VeeP

"Jon, I have a secret to tell you"

"What could it be?"

"I'm with child, Jon"

"You know, Dany, we really are a Song of Ice and Fire™"

"Jon, bend that knee"

"I can't Dany, my people in the North"

"I'm with child, Jon"

"You know, Dany, we really are the Game of Thrones™"

For those complaining about the Arya sparring match, I thought it was one of the better fight scenes of the show. For one, I wasn't nauseated by 12 cuts in 3 seconds as seems to be the norm. Yea, Brienne would have likely dominated with a helmet, but Arya's abilities aren't about swinging away at full armored knights on the battlefield.

Nah, it was outside of King's Landing. The money got through, but supplies didn't.

This fight was supposed to remind you that Arya is now the best sword in Westeros.

I'm sure Littlefinger is going to try and exploit this.

kswiston

Easily one of the best episodes of the last few seasons, even if some of that is coming from seeing so many plot points coming together after 6 years.

I can't see Drogon dying. At first, I thought she was riding the red one. That one or the green one would have been expendable. Drogon is making it until at least the last couple of episodes of Season 8.

I wonder if we'll get anything with the white walkers this season. I could see them leaving most of that for the finale season, but there's no way that episode 4 is going to be the action peak. Something big has to happen with one of the other storylines.

kswiston

D&D already mentioned how Danny and Jon meet together near the end.

Jon comes back after the war to the house early morning. Danny is there waiting for him.

"I forgot to bring you a Christmas present"

Danny then grabs a bow and puts it on him

"you're my Christmas present"

I understood that reference.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
The Unsullied won a battle against the Dothraki according to the Lore Extras. That gave them their fame.

ahh, had no idea. I believe I'd be more scared of a Dothraki horde compared to facing off against The Unsullied. Dany is lucky to have both on her side, plus the dragons. Too bad they aren't facing off against the White Walkers right now.

jfkgoblue

Bend the knee. Also I have no idea what I'm doing, please tell me what to do. Phew, thanks. Now bend the knee.

100% accurate explanation of Dany's character, just don't say it in the other thread, the most dominant posters there are full on the Dany hype train.

Why did the dragon attack from the front and why were they burning the supplies when Dany said she had to feed her army ?

Because having the dragon come up behind the army was 10x cooler ofc. They were burning anything that could help the Lannister troops escape/hide, plus, Highgarden has lots and lots of supplies.

You're supposed to remember that because it's one of the best scenes and best montages of the entire show, and because it's a famous line that also epitomizes Little Fingers entire M.O.

TTG

I can't see Drogon dying. At first, I thought she was riding the red one. That one or the green one would have been expendable. Drogon is making it until at least the last couple of episodes of Season 8.

Drogon will be fine, he's just on injured reserves for a while. Worst comes to worse Jon will write to his homeboi for a remedy. I'm more worries about Bronn and Jaime, they are not switching sides after this

Azzanadra

Why did the dragon attack from the front and why were they burning the supplies when Dany said she had to feed her army ?

Because shit looks cool. I don't have a reasonable explanation, and I doubt D&D have one either.

What I'm wondering is how Dany even got her army to wherever the Lannisters were? I imagine its somewhere in the Reach still, did she go through the Crownlands? If so, how did 100,000 Dothraki stealth through a heavily crown-aligned region? Did the Dothraki sail all the way around? If they did, wouldn't Jaime have reached King's landing before the Dothraki would arrive at the Reach?

Tyrion did mention a plan to have the Dothraki blockade King's Landing, which suggests they are already on the mainland but... I don't know. Another idea is that they went through Dorne (but wasn't that fleet busto?) or the Stormlands, in which case I don't even fucking know what Stormlander politics is looking like these days.

Forkball

Damn that episode felt short.

+Field of Fire 2.0 was quite the spectacle. The show always excels at visceral and engaging battle scenes (when they actually show them). We've all seen dragons roast people before on this show, but never at such magnitude. They effectively portrayed the overwhelming power of the dragons, while also highlighting that they could die at any second due to unexpected countermeasures. Though they only had one of those ballistas? MAKE FIFTY OF THEM. LINE THEM UP.
+I like how they are focusing more on the greyer aspects and difficult decisions each character has to make. Dany brutally decimates the Lannister army, even the defenseless caravans. Jaime is essentially raiding the Reach, going as far as robbing farmers. Both think it is for the greater good, but they are causing suffering in order to achieve their goals. Tyrion is also caught in the middle, disillusioned with the great houses of Westeros while also worrying if Dany is truly any more just and righteous.
+STARK REUNION. I imagined it will be tremendously bittersweet in the books (if it does happen), and it was notably dour in the show. You can see how each of them are completely different from when they last met.

+/-The dragon glass scene was a bit too convenient. "Hey look, cave paintings of that thing I said! Isn't that amazing?! Like if these weren't here we'd all be doomed!" Also considering the tremendous magical might of the CotF that we have seen, some chalk etchings seems a bit underwhelming. And did the Night's King have a beard? He should grow it back.

-Brienne vs. Arya... that was too hokey. I am not sold on Arya's badass moments at all. They come off as so forced. I'm no swordsman, but no way should you be able to defeat such a huge sword with a toothpick. Maybe Brienne was purposefully holding back, but in a real fight the maiden of Tarth would've bisected Arya.
-Can someone explain to me why Littlefinger gave Bran the dagger? Is this some plan? The hell kinda plan is that? Is he trying to frame Bran or Arya? The master of mind games is just spinning his wheels.

Season 7 Littlefinger:

B8YpGQ3IQAIgf-q.jpg

I'm really curious to see what's the deal with the Golden Company. They were mentioned a few times in passing in prior seasons, but they were just fleeting references. I wonder if now that Cersei has the gold, if she will employ them and they appear in season eight. WITH FAEGON.

jfkgoblue

Because shit looks cool. I don't have a reasonable explanation, and I doubt D&D have one either.

What I'm wondering is how Dany even got her army to wherever the Lannisters were? I imagine its somewhere in the Reach still, did she go through the Crownlands? If so, how did 100,000 Dothraki stealth through a heavily crown-aligned region? Did the Dothraki sail all the way around? If they did, wouldn't Jaime have reached King's landing before the Dothraki would arrive at the Reach?

Tyrion did mention a plan to have the Dothraki blockade King's Landing, which suggests they are already on the mainland but... I don't know. Another idea is that they went through Dorne (but wasn't that fleet busto?) or the Stormlands, in which case I don't even fucking know what Stormlander politics is looking like these days.

They were right outside Kings Landing, Jaime mentioned the gold was already put into the city

TTG

She broke the line by setting people on fire, that was clear from the overhead shots.

The second is a bit of a problem, they're remarkably well informed. I'm not even certain how they got the news from High Garden so quickly in the first place.

Top Bottom