• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

She broke the line by setting people on fire, that was clear from the overhead shots.

Just imagine what would have happened if the dragon came from behind the line. That line is no longer there, no one is going to stand still when a dragon is coming from behind

Brakke

Banned
There's literally one road between Highgarden and King's Landing. Dany knew about the Lannisters taking Highgarden, it's really not that difficult to land near King's Landing and then go along the road toward Highgarden.

Hazmat

I was glad when I realized it was just Drogon. It felt a little cheap, but I could definitely see Bronn killing one of the others. Drogon got more banged up in the arena at the end of season 5. The shot of him tumbling out of the sky was cool, almost like when a helicopter gets damaged.

I hope Jon and Dany don't fuck. Aren't they related? In that scene where it showed Jon was Ned's sister's kid, wasn't she knocked up by a Targaryan? I forgot who Jon's dad would be though.

GreyWind

Anyone think there might be more unhatched dragon eggs at Dragonstone?

I hope Jon and Dany don't fuck. Aren't they related? In that scene where it showed Jon was Ned's sister's kid, wasn't she knocked up by a Targaryan? I forgot who Jon's dad would be though.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Forkball

Was this the first episode The Golden Company was mentioned?

Nope. Davos mentions wanting to hiring them all the way back in season four. Stannis is like, "But they're sellswords!" and Davos says, "We got a witch throwing fireballs man we can't be picky."

After googling, they are mentioned again in the same season by Jorah, who says he used to fight for them before he joined Dany. And of course, Cersei or whoever mentioned them earlier this season. I am curious to see if they pop up considering their importance in the books, but I doubt they would want to introduce so many new characters in the closing episodes of the series. They might just be reduced to dragon fodder.

TTG

I was glad when I realized it was just Drogon. It felt a little cheap, but I could definitely see Bronn killing one of the others. Drogon got more banged up in the arena at the end of season 5. The shot of him tumbling out of the sky was cool, almost like when a helicopter gets damaged.

I assume every dragon needs a rider in a battle like this, otherwise they may decide roasting Dothrakis is just as much fun as the other guys.

Jorah needs to get his ass back to Dany's side already to be the Dothraki's Grey Worm.

Finally, Samwell is going to be Dany's Maester, isn't he? That makes me happy.

Is the Golden Company the one with elephants or just regular sellswords?
It's the one with elephants and even dothrakis wouldn't go around and start a fight with them.
It's the largest sellsword company in essos and famous for burning down and sacking any cities that broke their contracts.

golem

-Can someone explain to me why Littlefinger gave Bran the dagger? Is this some plan? The hell kinda plan is that? Is he trying to frame Bran or Arya? The master of mind games is just spinning his wheels.

His plan was to see what kind of reaction Bran would have to the dagger that was meant to kill him. I wonder how he will interpret Brans response and how much Sansa has told him about Brans abilities

TTG

You must have missed George Lucas' modest writing credit for GoT.

Kidding. Relax!

Speaking of which, there was a little too much Yoda Jedi style to Arya's fighting choreography. She didn't look so calm and wise swinging a broom at what's-her-face.

His plan was to see what kind of reaction Bran would have to the dagger that was meant to kill him. I wonder how he will interpret Brans response and how much Sansa has told him about Brans abilities

That dagger is going to find it's way back to LF, I'm hoping - and not in a good way.

Poetic justice.

The way I look at Bran right now, is that he has the answers to everything. All anyone has to do is ask him the right questions. He could out LF in a big way if anyone asked what LF has been up to all along.

Speaking of which, there was a little too much Yoda Jedi style to Arya's fighting choreography. She didn't look so calm and wise swinging a broom at what's-her-face.

Dunno but I loved seeing Arya be a badass, and Brienne's very positive reaction to that.

That was a sweet moment. And loved Arya's new threads too. She looks suited up. No more shitty rags for her.

Burt

Honestly, I can kind of get behind the notion that an untrained Bran tapping into all the memories ever disassociated him from who he was. Not that I'm the biggest fan of it - particularly the specific fucking gobbledygook he's chosen to bring up with his access to all things ever - but for a season that hasn't felt the need to justify anything, especially after the fact... it's something.

Also,

I was trying to think of what this episode reminded me of, and it was definitely Khergit Khanate vs. Swadia

Brakke

Banned
Re watching the scene were Jaime charges at Dany, it's absolutely 100% impossible he goes from puddle-depth river, to Mariana Trench-depth in a Bronn jump lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQDEt-ojBJU

Didn't pay attention to that during the airing.

Also Bronn's a real dick
on
because he must've been charging full steam on an intercept with Jaime well before Drogon turned. Bronn didn't believe in my boy Jaime One Hand. 😢

rataven

Ahhhh Stark sibling hugs give me life. Seeing Arya wrap her arms around her sister and brother teared me up. I'm happy she's home.

I'm not sure I understand the point of LF's dagger gift to Bran though. Was it just to get under his skin?

EDIT: never mind, read the convo above.

TTG

Re watching the scene were Jaime charges at Dany, it's absolutely 100% impossible he goes from puddle-depth river, to Mariana Trench-depth in a Bronn jump lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQDEt-ojBJU

Didn't pay attention to that during the airing.

Let it go, you could parse this show forever with that. How is he gonna swim underwater away from the dragon in full battle armor, in fact, how does he not just drown? How did Bronn's horse teleport to be alongside Jaime's, wouldn't he at least be perpendicular? etc. etc.

golem

That dagger is going to find it's way back to LF, I'm hoping - and not in a good way.

Poetic justice.

The way I look at Bran right now, is that he has the answers to everything. All anyone has to do is ask him the right questions. He could out LF in a big way if anyone asked what LF has been up to all along.

Actually I would like to see Littlefinger make it to the end, hes always been extremely adaptable and rarely puts himself in too vulnerable a position. He's still a useful ally, maybe even to Bran if a bit of blackmail is applied. Would be nice to see not all the 'evil' characters get their comeuppance.

Totally agree. She doesn't deserve to sit on the Iron Throne at all.

Yep, my current assumption is that Sansa will be the leader of Westeros at the end

Hazmat

I assume every dragon needs a rider in a battle like this, otherwise they may decide roasting Dothrakis is just as much fun as the other guys.

They've established that in the books, but in the show they've mentioned three dragons in her arsenal without a single mention of other riders. And they all fought in the battle at Mereen last season even though only Drogon had a rider.

Sotha_Sil

Before this episode, I think Jon Snow had the highest kill count in the series.

After this episode, I think Drogon has firmly taken the lead for the remainder of the show. He got one or two in Astapor, about 20-30 in the fighting pit in Mereen, an unknown amount in the second Siege of Mereen, but surely just killed a thousand or so Lannisters.

Actually I would like to see Littlefinger make it to the end, hes always been extremely adaptable and rarely puts himself in too vulnerable a position. He's still a useful ally, maybe even to Bran if a but of blackmail is applied. Would be nice to see not all the 'evil' characters get their comeuppance.

You make a good point. Can definitely see that.

The more I think about it though, the more I think it's being telegraphed to us.

- Dagger is for killing. It got a lot of screen time this episode. It's going to kill someone

- It found it's way into the hands of a capable killer who just happens to have LF on her list

Of course, this is GoT and that could be a complete red herring, but I'm gonna put my bets on LF biting it via that dagger by Arya. If not then I dunno why they've bothered to bring it in at all, especially when Bran was completely nonplussed by it. He was like "huh? I don't want this thing. Here sis, you take it"

More like awesome fuel. Who doesn't want to see an awesome ice dragon?

image.php

Azzanadra

Your problem was posting in the show-watcher only discussion :p

I agree with you though, and it might just be me but Emilia Clarke's acting only makes Dany's leadership flaws even more glaring.

There's this line in the books Dany often uses, in ADWD particularly: "I am but a young girl and know little of the ways of war" She uses this often (and its many variations) and its supposed to come off as Dany being clever and appealing to the authorities around her, but by the end this line describes her character quite well: she is a young girl and really does know little in the ways of war/leadership/whatever. She's in way over her head.

EDIT: Also this Dany dogpiling is great, with my show-watcher friends and the mainstream masses that watch the show, they simply cannot understand why I don't flagellate myself at the alter of Kelly C.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Fun episode, but anytime they stage a battle there's bits and pieces that just irk me. Like Dany just making a small opening during her initial run. She could've turned and just burned up an entire flank. (Yeah, yeah, she does it later on...)

I just realized that when Dany says "Isn't their survival more important than your pride?" in the cave, it is literally the exact same line Jon says to Mance Rayder.

BUT HOW DID DANY KNOW IS SHE A WARG IS SHE BRAN STAY TUNED

Cold open for next episode will be a young Dany at the House of Black and White. She was Mance the entire time!

Brakke

Banned
Before this episode, I think Jon Snow had the highest kill count in the series.

After this episode, I think Drogon has firmly taken the lead for the remainder of the show. He got one or two in Astapor, about 20-30 in the fighting pit in Mereen, an unknown amount in the second Siege of Mereen, but surely just killed a thousand or so Lannisters.

It's obviously Cersei though. Unless you wanna attribute her kill count to the candle.

Top Bottom