• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Brakke

Banned
Nah in the books his hand is burnt killing the wight that attacks jeor at castle black, so unless he's immune only to dragon fire...

George has talked about this I think?

It's gunna get some handwavey retcon. "Dany was only fire immune because she was magic right then but she isn't always magic" or whatever.

jfkgoblue

Saw this on reddit but (trailer spoilers)

The Dragon that Dany is riding when it approaches Jon, is actually Rhaegal, not Drogon, and Jon's father is Rhaegar, yeah he's definitely gonna take to Jon and Jon will end up riding him against the Others.

http://imgur.com/a/mV2FQ

Green and much smaller

George has talked about this I think?

It's gunna get some handwavey retcon. "Dany was only fire immune because she was magic right then but she isn't always magic" or whatever.

Yea pretty sure you're right but we did get another fire immune dany scene so with the show who the hell knows

The Dragon that Dany is riding when it approaches Jon, is actually Rhaegal, not Drogon, and Jon's father is Rhaegar, yeah he's definitely gonna take to Jon and Jon will end up riding him against the Others.

Green and much smaller

Then why is
Dany riding on top of him? You sure that's not Drogon? It doesn't make any sense for Dany to be on Rhaegal. When did she jump on him, and what for?

GreyWind

Green and much smaller

It's kinda hard to tell but I think that's Drogon

jmqqqLr.png

Someone probably already noticed this earlier in the season but did they change actors of Randyll's son/Sam's Brother? Dude looks waaaay older than whoever they had last season. I just find it odd how many recasts this show still gets this far into the game. Only other thing I can think of is the original actor couldn't make it for this season. Plus this dude looks a good amount older than Sam even though he's the younger brother.

Also the last 15-20 mins of this episode were pretty amazing, some incredible shots and holy hell was Drogons entrance so hype.

Jon and Davos totally drew all those dumb cave drawings

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I just realized that when Dany says "Isn't their survival more important than your pride?" in the cave, it is literally the exact same line Jon says to Mance Rayder.

"...and why did you come to Westeros exactly?"

It's an utter nonsense parallel, lol. Jon was playing devil's advocate because he really didn't want Mance to be burned alive by Stannis, not for his own sake. Jon understood the Free Folk's values by that point. Now as king himself, Jon has a responsibility to his people as their chosen representative much like Mance did, but Dany's the one putting her own pride before the survival of "her" people, as she claims to be the rightful ruler of all of Westeros yet still somehow cares more about Jon bending the knee than defending the continent from the newly proven threat of the Night's King.

I'm actually going to defend D&D a little bit, here. (Can't believe it, myself!)

I may be projecting/hoping, but this is the way I read LF's actions in S5:

LF was looking to become Warden of the North. He installed Sansa in Winterfell (knowing full well about Ramsay's reputation) in order to use her presence there to sway Cersei's attitude toward the Boltons. He expected Stannis and the Boltons to have a hell of a fight, leaving the victor in bad shape. Then, he would swoop in with the Knights of the Vale and take Winterfell. Cersei agreed to name him Warden of the North if he pulled it off.

What he failed to anticipate was Ramsay + 20 good men. That pretty much blew his little plan up, which I actually found refreshing. We saw Littlefinger devise a scheme, and it didn't work. He actually had to go with the flow and settle for less than he had hoped in S6.
And try to cross
Moat Cailin? Not a good plan.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Hmm. I thought he was. I guess I was wrong on that one!
Someone is gonna figure out what he did to fuck Ned.

The question is will it be:
- an old raven scroll they never thew away
- Bran talking about random spooky shit
- Tyrion revealing he had no connection to the dagger?
- The Hound, who probably saw it go down?

It's an utter nonsense parallel, lol. Jon was playing devil's advocate because he really didn't want Mance to be burned alive by Stannis, not for his own sake. Jon understood the Free Folk's values by that point. Now as king himself, Jon has a responsibility to his people as their chosen representative much like Mance did, but Dany's the one putting her own pride before the survival of "her" people, as she claims to be the rightful ruler of all of Westeros yet still somehow cares more about Jon bending the knee than defending the continent from the newly proven threat of the Night's King.

Man, that's absolutely right. The Dany of a few seasons ago wouldn't have cared about all this bending the knee stuff to gain allies. It would have been enough for her to accept support where she could find it.

"I really want to help you, and I know the fate of us all depends on me helping you, but I'm sorry the Queen Code of Ethics, Scroll Five, paragraph six, clearly states that all new allies must bend the knee. I really wish there was something I could do...."

I just want Littlefinger gone at this point. His character has served its purpose and is now just annoying.

We get it, you would do anything for Cat and need to tell her children as much, just get the fuck on with the betrayal.

I'm just annoyed she apparently believes him now, some cave drawings and that's it? Though I think the better line at the end for her to say instead of bend the knee again would of been "After Cersei is defeated" or something akin to that, she really shouldn't believe Jon about the White Walkers considering what "evidence" he's shown/said.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
If only there was a proven method of joining two houses without one person bending the knee... Hrm... if only there was such a thing that would make fans excited..... hrmm.....

Someone is gonna figure out what he did to fuck Ned.

The question is will it be:
- an old raven scroll they never thew away
- Bran talking about random spooky shit
- Tyrion revealing he had no connection to the dagger?
- The Hound, who probably saw it go down?

My money is on Bran. He's literally a playback device for everything, someone just has to know what buttons to push.

I'm sad to say that Tyrion has become such a low ranking character late in the game. He was what made the show so good, and now he's a secondary character at best. I'd be thoroughly surprised if he has any significant role to play at all for the remainder of the show.

I'm surprised he gets the top billing in the credits, still, to be honest.

Burt

They got the money to make the goddamn fins on drogons neck flap

But they can't put a fan in front of Dany on the green screen

If only there was a proven method of joining two houses without one person bending the knee... Hrm... if only there was such a thing that would make fans excited..... hrmm.....
You know if Jon fucked her he's his own uncle and his child is his cousin.

Then he's only a few steps away before he can sing "I'm my own grandpa"

My money is on Bran. He's literally a playback device for everything, someone just has to know what buttons to push.

I'm sad to say that Tyrion has become such a low ranking character late in the game. He was what made the show so good, and now he's a secondary character at best. I'd be thoroughly surprised if he has any significant role to play at all for the remainder of the show.

I'm surprised he gets the top billing in the credits, still, to be honest.

This is something I've been hugely disappointed with this season and last, Tyrion really hasn't amounted to anything. After what Daenerys came back to in Meereen, you'd think she wouldn't really trust Tyrion to be the full brains of the operation. Which sucks because I was hoping last season would of been something akin to Tyrion in season 2, or at least a different take on that. Now this season he is continuing to just be the "Oh yeah this character was important for a lot of the show leading up to this but.......we don't really know what to do with him anymore but he's popular!" At least with Theon you can kind of see some decent conclusion eventually, with Tyrion his character doesn't really seem to have a future to me.

Joni

Someone probably already noticed this earlier in the season but did they change actors of Randyll's son/Sam's Brother? Dude looks waaaay older than whoever they had last season. I just find it odd how many recasts this show still gets this far into the game. Only other thing I can think of is the original actor couldn't make it for this season. Plus this dude looks a good amount older than Sam even though he's the younger brother.

Freddie Stroma was cast on ABC's Time After Time. It is clear he made a terrible, terrible choice.

This is something I've been hugely disappointed with this season and last, Tyrion really hasn't amounted to anything. After what Daenerys came back to in Meereen, you'd think she wouldn't really trust Tyrion to be the full brains of the operation. Which sucks because I was hoping last season would of been something akin to Tyrion in season 2, or at least a different take on that. Now this season he is continuing to just be the "Oh yeah this character was important for a lot of the show leading up to this but.......we don't really know what to do with him anymore but he's popular!" At least with Theon you can kind of see some decent conclusion eventually, with Tyrion his character doesn't really seem to have a future to me.

Totally agree. The only thing that could happen to redeem him at this point would be for him to kill Cersei. Not holding my breath for that one. But to see that happen would be pretty amazing. Tyrion would then be responsible for killing off TWO evil Lannisters.

Totally agree. The only thing that could happen to redeem him at this point would be for him to kill Cersei. Not holding my breath for that one. But to see that happen would be pretty amazing. Tyrion would then be responsible for killing off TWO evil Lannisters.

I feel like he may be involved in her death but won't actually be the one to do it, could be something akin to her getting the chance to finally kill Tyrion but Jamie stops it. Thus leads to him choosing Tyrion over her. Still, even then that's not much for Tyrion as a character in the grand scheme of things considering what he has done in the beginning 4 seasons. Would be more focused on Jamie.

Wait, so why would Dany intercept the Lannister army on the way back from Highgarden? Shouldn't she have saved the Unsullied from being more or less trapped in Casterly Rock? How would she even know that Highgarden was under siege? Let's say somehow she did find out. It's not as though she showed up with just a dragon. Somehow she mobilized an entire horseback Dothraki army all the way from Dragonstone to Highgarden before the Lannister army that was conveniently carrying all of Cersei's war loot was able to make it back to King's Landing? This season has taken some real liberties in character teleportation in service of plot agency.

I feel like he may be involved in her death but won't actually be the one to do it, could be something akin to her getting the chance to finally kill Tyrion but Jamie stops it. Thus leads to him choosing Tyrion over her. Still, even then that's not much for Tyrion as a character in the grand scheme of things considering what he has done in the beginning 4 seasons.

It's a little depressing to think about when you consider that one of the most miscast actresses (with all respect to Amelia Clarke - she just doesn't convince me as Dany) is a primary focus. Dinklage has always carried his part super well, but they gave me amazing things to do up until season 5.

Also, while I am at it, Cersei is truly evil, but she's more evil when she's surrounded by conflict within her own city. Now that she is fairly unopposed, I find her pretty boring, or maybe wasted is more apt.

The show was a bit more interesting when the game moves were small and very calculated. Now the strokes are broad and there's a lot of blunt force involved, no real strategy or nuance.

Tonights episode was great - but the show is losing a lot of it's previously owned nuances.

Davos's transformation into the thirstiest duded in Westeros is a little weird.

Can you clarify a bit? That's a little too heavily coded for us old folks who used to know what thirsty meant. ;)

p.s. Ok, I know what you mean, but what scene are you talking about specifically?

Man, that's absolutely right. The Dany of a few seasons ago wouldn't have cared about all this bending the knee stuff to gain allies. It would have been enough for her to accept support where she could find it.

"I really want to help you, and I know the fate of us all depends on me helping you, but I'm sorry the Queen Code of Ethics, Scroll Five, paragraph six, clearly states that all new allies must bend the knee. I really wish there was something I could do...."

Yeah, Dany got her head inflated(Prolly by Tyrion) and because of what happened in Essos(Basically bending knees everywhere).

She's a spoiled brat who needs a spanking.

TTG

Next week is Tyrion's episode, assuming Bronn and Jaime don't just slink away in the aftermath, which they shouldn't. There hasn't been room for him yet.

Azzanadra

Davos's transformation into the thirstiest duded in Westeros is a little weird.

Its especially weird because he was a wife and like, many kids whom in the books at least he fantasizes returning to.

....Which is kinda weird in the show on another level, dudes got a family and never even mentions it, or even contemplates return to.

Top Bottom