• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Holy shit. Dany went HAM on those motherfuckers. "Like bringing an F-16 to a medieval fight" indeed.

Jon and Dany is totally about to be a thing lol. Good thing Targaryens are cool with that sort of thing, I guess...?

LordCanti

I've been waiting years to see Dothraki riding across the plains to attack a Lannister army so I'm willing to forgive a lot. I thought the battle was well done, I liked the bits with Arya and Sansa in Winterfell the most and the cave drawings the least.

I loved the "chaos is a ladder" line that bran delivered

It's not often you see little finger shook from a reveal of the mind

Was that the line? I thought he said "Chaos is a letter" referencing the letter that he had Lysa send to Cat. It was so mumbly that I couldn't make it out.

Edit: Aah, I now see it was a reference to LF's earlier speech. Works too :D

jfkgoblue

God that other thread is now going off on people who dislike Dany, ugh.

I can't wait for Dany to do some fucked up shit and bring them down a little.

cj_iwakura

GQOYpbI.png

Mistakes were made.

Apt101

At the end of the day, what is Sansa's deal? I realize they're maneuvering her to a point where she may sympathize with Baelish's ambitions, et tal, but I mean cmon. She can't be happy her lil sis is a master murderer? Even Baelish appreciates it. I just don't get what the writers are trying to convey here.

Edit: wow, actually, Baelish and Arya would make a terrific team. Seriously. Oh fuck.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So...Jaime forgot battle strategies between S6 and S7? His army got caught up by surprise just like he advised the Freys during the Riverrun siege.

Fuuuuck that was a good battle. The stakes were intense. Lots of payoff for setups. Amazing shots.

Littlefinger looks afraid of Arya.

Everyone should be afraid of Arya, she could have killed Brienne if she was trying to. Arya is real as they come now.

jfkgoblue

At the end of the day, what is Sansa's deal? I realize they're maneuvering her to a point where she may sympathize with Baelish's ambitions, et tal, but I mean cmon. She can't be happy her lil sis is a master murderer? Even Baelish appreciates it. I just don't get what the writers are trying to convey here.
All her living siblings have supernatural powers:

Bran: knows everything

Arya:Can kill anything and assume its identity

Jon: Died and came back to life

Sansa? Was a prisoner for 3 years and repeatedly physically and psychologically tortured.

cj_iwakura

So...Jaime forgot battle strategies between S6 and S7? His army got caught up by surprise just like he advised the Freys during the Riverrun siege.

They had a sound strategy for countering a Dothraki horde.

Not a dragon.

They had brass balls, though. I'm shocked they didn't break rank the second toasty showed up.

No complaints about Dany and her Dothraki army teleporting to wherever Jaime was? Like no one at Dragonstone even noticed she left. Hey can I talk to Danerys, oh oops sorry she had to run an errand. *meanwhile 2000 miles away*

Also I thought we were going to be in for a rude awakening for the Mad Queen when armored soldiers chewed up her army of chippendale dancers, and the ballista took out her dragon.

That said, I was really hoping Jaime would lance the dragon through the brain at the end there.

Also gotta love how Arya and her two weeks of training with Syrio and a couple months with the Jaqen can toy with one of the best knights in Westeros, who is 3x her size and has been training since childhood. Talk about overpowered, jesus christ.

Fun stuff despite the total abandonment of all logic and consistency.

cj_iwakura

No complaints about Dany and her Dothraki army teleporting to wherever Jaime was? Like no one at Dragonstone even noticed she left. Hey can I talk to Danerys, oh oops sorry she had to run an errand. *meanwhile 2000 miles away*

After Greyjoy Teleportation? Nope, it's the new normal.

jfkgoblue

Also I thought we were going to be in for a rude awakening for the Mad Queen when armored soldiers chewed up her army of chippendale dancers, and the ballista took out her dragon.

That said, I was really hoping Jaime would lance the dragon through the brain at the end there.

Fun stuff.
Since they were right outside KL, and Dragonstone is right next to KL, it wasn't very far.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

In the episode Jaime's army went from Highgarden to Kings Landing. Dany getting to Kings Landing about the same time doesn't bother me.

Zabka

Just finished watching the making of the Loot Train Battle. Amazing work by the incredible brave stunt team.

Also gotta love how Arya and her two weeks of training with Syrio and a couple months with the Jaqen can toy with one of the best knights in Westeros, who is 3x her size and has been training since childhood. Talk about overpowered, jesus christ.

Fun stuff despite the total abandonment of all logic and consistency.

It's been like that since Episode 1.

studyguy

The after credits D&D "Sansa sees Arya can kill people, that's worrisome"

Wut, I don't get their angle. I always assumed one of the final Starks might turn on the rest, this feels cheap if it ends up that way.

Since they were right outside KL, and Dragonstone is right next to KL, it wasn't very far.

Ah good point, although I didn't realize they were close to KL.

I thought Dany's fleet got trashed by Euron, though?

I kept waiting for Euron's fleet to appear, sailing up a creek, to wipe out the Dothraki.

Vestal

They had a sound strategy for countering a Dothraki horde.

Not really.. The Dothraki horde has been talked about since the 2nd Episode of the show as stuff of legend. No better horse men in all the land, and something that any single Army in Westeros would fear and possibly stand little chance against.

cj_iwakura

Really didn't expect Jaime to stick around. He's an idiot, but respect+. I figured the second a dragon hit the field, he would be like 'yeah... you're right, deuces'.

Vestal

Really didn't expect Jaime to stick around. He's an idiot, but respect+. I figured the second a dragon hit the field, he would be like 'yeah... you're right, deuces'.

I will be brutally honest and say that Jamie has been a character that I truly have enjoyed watching evolve since season 1.

How badly will this affect Drogon?
All her living siblings have supernatural powers:

Bran: knows everything

Arya:Can kill anything and assume its identity

Jon: Died and came back to life

Sansa? Was a prisoner for 3 years and repeatedly physically and psychologically tortured.
But she looked pretty that one night.

Not really.. The Dothraki horde has been talked about since the 2nd Episode of the show as stuff of legend. No better horse men in all the land, and something that any single Army in Westeros would fear and possibly stand little chance against.
And they are going to get bodied by Euron at sea. Just like the Mongols got destroyed by a tsunami.

After watching that Ned Stark statue scene with Arya and Sansa. I immediately thought about how cool it would be if Arya could somehow shapeshift into her father when/if she takes out Baelish.

Top Bottom