• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

mantidor

EwI5DkB.jpg

What is this trashy, show-only quote doing here in my book thread? :p

No but seriously, this quote and how its used to predict what will happen says everything about the difference between books and show and the fandom in general.

Yep, my current assumption is that Sansa will be the leader of Westeros at the end

I tend to agree, certainly unpopular, but I can't help it with all these parallels with Elizabeth I and how GRRM likes his history.

Fisico

Wait, if the unsullied took Casterly Rock, does that mean they have access to it's prisoners? Woudl that mean Edmure Tully is potentially back in action now?

Or do you think the show would have sent him to the red keep instead?

With the frey's dead, and what i'm assuming is a small lannister occupation force holding the riverlands, could she promise to restore him and his family if he bends the knee?

You shouldn't expect characters to come back at this point.
Maybe we'll hear about Edmure in an epilogue but that's all.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Wait, if the unsullied took Casterly Rock, does that mean they have access to it's prisoners? Woudl that mean Edmure Tully is potentially back in action now?

Or do you think the show would have sent him to the red keep instead?

With the frey's dead, and what i'm assuming is a small lannister occupation force holding the riverlands, could she promise to restore him and his family if he bends the knee?

I thought Edmure's back at Riverrun because Jamie used him to open the front door.

I thought Edmure's back at Riverrun because Jamie used him to open the front door.

In the books at least, they shipped him off to castley rock to be a hostage from that day onward, iirc. Show doesn't say what they did with him after he surrendered riverrun, save that they killed the blackfish.

She ether he was still a prisoner of the Frey's, in which case i'm not sure where he is now, or hes a prisoner or the Lannisters, in which case he should now be free.

More then likely, D&D just forgot about him at this point.

Burt

Euron's gonna get such a heavy metal death-by-dragon

I can't wait

I expect a straight up McConaughey Reign of Fire

Plus, has Martin even written the ending? How could they perfectly adapt something that doesn't exist yet?

He's not done with TWOW, but it can't be quantified like "2/3 finished." GRRM writes each individual POV arc from start to finish, and then moves on to another. So he could be completely done with Dany's story, but he hasn't yet started on Jaime's. It's why AFFC and ADWD were able to be published like they were, with full stories of half of the characters.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You are incorrect. Sam kills one with a dragon glass dagger, earning him the moniker of Slayer.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Samwell_Tarly
He escapes with a group of about fifty survivors led by Jeor Mormont. The march is hard on Sam and he is helped by his friends Grenn and Small Paul, but eventually they are separated from the majority of the men. Paul, who carries Sam for much of the journey, is attacked and killed by an Other, but the weight of his body disarms it as he dies. Samwell, who is carrying a dragonglass dagger that was among the cache found by Ghost, blindly stabs the Other, which dies instantaneously from the dragonglass blade. Killing the Other earns him the nickname "Sam the Slayer", although many say this mockingly as they do not believe his feat.[11]
The funny thing is he's later attacked by wights and dragonglass is completely ineffective against them.

Sam is forced to flee, joined only by Gilly and her newborn.They make it as far as a village Sam believes to be Whitetree but are then attacked by wights, including a reanimated Small Paul, who attacks Sam first. Sam fights him off and stabs him with the dragonglass dagger, but it proves ineffective. Desperately, Sam strikes him with a piece of charred wood, which catches him on fire, killing him. They run, but are beset by additional wights, and are saved at the last moment by Coldhands.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Samwell_Tarly#A_Clash_of_Kings

Kain

Ho-lee shiet this episode. The Winterfell scenes were cringe overfest and Jon and Dany have the same chemistry as a potato and a rock but WHO CARES, DRAGONS!

We can say what we want about the adaptation itself, the writing, #D&Darehacks but the production values are outstanding. Never thought I'd see dragons blasting fools on TV with such good CG (they've come a long way). I guess all the budget was spent on this episode so now back to interiors lol

Also Jaime was badass and stupid, as he should be, and Bronn is GOAT. I was rooting for him all the time, fuck Drogon and Dany.

And Davos was a creep, he sounded like your typical sleazy uncle who is nudging you on the sides when he sees a pretty girl walking down the street while muttering "Hehehehehhe"

Euron's gonna get such a heavy metal death-by-dragon

I can't wait

I expect a straight up McConaughey Reign of Fire

The show might do that, but it's a bit more likely that the Drowned God would have something of an opinion on one of its subjects going off after some mainland 'bad pussy'. "We do not sow", yet he would sit near the Iron Throne? That strikes me as an insult.
They've also been making real sure that we see
those sails, and what's depicted on it.
I want my Kraken, dammit. Pull him under and drown the fucker. Also has a mirror analogue in Reek / Theon for not caring about the mainland, yet also not drowning when throwing himself overboard. Or at least that's what that looks like. Maybe Theon will go down with Euron, who knows.

I'm also still waiting on that message from the last published book.

Hopefully Edmure does show up...along with Gendry. Wasn't
Gendry spotted on the set or something?
I am not sure if this would be consider a spoiler but just in case.

Kuros

Hopefully Edmure does show up...along with Gendry. Wasn't
Gendry spotted on the set or something?
I am not sure if this would be consider a spoiler but just in case.

Gendry will be showing up. He was filmed fighting with a warhammer. I haven't read the full spoilers so no ideas about Edmure.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I never read the books, I have a question. Did the books ever get into different fighting styles for different characters?

I was thinking about it today. When Arya sparred with Brienne, they are both excellent fighters, but both got their training from totally different places.

Do the books ever explore specific fighting styles and techniques, etc?

Kain

I never read the books, I have a question. Did the books ever get into different fighting styles for different characters?

I was thinking about it today. When Arya sparred with Brienne, they are both excellent fighters, but both got their training from totally different places.

Do the books ever explore specific fighting styles and techniques, etc?

They do mention that bravoosi fight like the water, dothraki like savages and the like, but they don't give names to the styles except for the bravoosi. The books just describe how the fights develop and the results.

Aren't The Twins his now?
Who's? Edmune? I have no idea. I haven't really looked at any or if there are leaked details besides
seeing a picture of Gendry in the filming area.
Gendry will be showing up. He was filmed fighting with a warhammer. I haven't read the full spoilers so no ideas about Edmure.
Gotcha, thanks. Doesn't really surprised me,
I kinda figure he would somehow be involved after i saw that picture

Edmure Tully, younger brother of Catelyn. The groom at the Red Wedding.

I prob worded that wrong, my bad. But yeah I know who Edmure is and wondering what will happen to him. The last thing I remember regard Edmure was he got put into the Frey's prison. I don't think anything else was mention about him.

venom473

Did the show ever explain who hired Bran's assassin in the first season? I only remember Littlefinger saying he lost the dagger in a bet to Tyrion. Considering the recent events, it seems like they're setting up Littlefinger to be the true culprit, but if I remember correctly it was Joffrey in the books or was that just a fan theory?

Did the show ever explain who hired Bran's assassin in the first season? I only remember Littlefinger saying he lost the dagger in a bet to Tyrion. Considering the recent events, it seems like they're setting up Littlefinger to be the true culprit, but if I remember correctly it was Joffrey in the books or was that just a fan theory?

I also remember it being Joffrey but I dont remember the details. I could be wrong however.

Chuckie

I prob worded that wrong, my bad. But yeah I know who Edmure is and wondering what will happen to him. The last thing I remember regard Edmure was he got put into the Frey's prison. I don't think anything else was mention about him.

Haha, now I see how you meant that sentence.
I also have no idea where he is.

It is heavily implied in the books that it is Joffrey. He makes a comment to Tyrion that he is no stranger to Valerian steel and from that Tyrion deducts that it is him who send the assassin.

Somehow in my mind I though Joffrey admits to it..... but apparently that wasn't in the show at all.

Marz

Would have been awesome if Jaime killed Dany, then got roasted alive by Drogon...then we see Drogon just go apeshit on everybody.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I would imagine if nobody is riding them they'd be impossible to control all at once and they might even burn your own forces.

i think in the books they need riders, but in the show they seem to know who to burn, at least they did in meereen. unless of course all the ships were baddies so there was no risk of them going out of control or something.

Jon Snow waited. The torches above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were White Walkers in the castle. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Daenarys Targaryen were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Jon was a nights watch for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the wall and he said to dad “I want to be on the walls daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY WHITE WALKERS”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the wall castle of the Nights Watch he knew there were white walkers.
“This is Dany” the raven(who was bran) crackered. “You must fight the white walkers!”
So John gotted his wolf sword and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the white walkers
“I will shoot at him” said the night king and he fired the ice missiles. John sworded at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the white walkers” he shouted
The raven said “No, Jon. You are the white walkers"
And then Jon was a zombie.
Just want you to know that this inspired a post from me in that Jack the Ripper thread lol.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=245661914

NekoFever

Tyrion deduced that it was Joffrey and there's a lot of evidence to point that way, but it was never confirmed.

Why wouldn't it just have been Jaime/Cersei since the fall didn't kill Bran?

In the books? It's Jaime who believes that Joffrey was behind it in an effort to impress Robert after he claimed it would be better to just kill Bran and put him out of his misery. Cersei denies her involvement but since the dagger originally belonged to Robert Baratheon I doubt Cersei would do something that so easily implicates the Royal House for no good reason.

So is all that gold destroyed now? I could've sworn I heard them say that the gold got where it was heading, and they were just bringing in the grain, but I'm not sure now.

The gold made it to the city, the supply train was carrying the harvests from Highgarden.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
In the books? It's Jaime who believes that Joffrey was behind it in an effort to impress Robert. The dagger originally belonged to Robert Baratheon and I doubt Cersei would do something that so easily implicates the Royal House for no good reason.

the preston jacobs video does bring up some interesting points about the logic jaime and tyrion used to separately come to the same conclusion, which is also a pretty common thread in the series: if someone flat out thinks something, they are usually wrong.

venom473

Why wouldn't it just have been Jaime/Cersei since the fall didn't kill Bran?

Unlike Joffrey, Jaime and Cersei are point of view characters and their thoughts never imply they were responsible for the assassination attempt. Jaime even regrets throwing Bran out of the window.

its gonna be like the Harry Potter epilogue and he'll name his kid "Eddard Davos Rhaegar Stark"

You forgot Ramsay

Top Bottom