• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Littlefinger playing 4th dimensional chess with stupid Arya, I approve. What was the message?

the message was sansa's message back in season 1 or 2 (dictated by cersei under threat) that robb should lay down his arms and surrender to joffrey

so more like plain old 2D snakes and ladders

which arya will fall for, because i guess she's dumb af

Fisico

Dany is 100% crazy for Jon, both the cut when Jon said he'll leave and the one where he does you can feel in the acting the way her hertbeat goes from 65 to a crazy 200bpm

Zero mention of the unsullied, I guess no one cares what's happening between them and Euron
the latter probably destroyed their fleet and left and will conveniently spawn once again when the plot needs Dany to not win too easily

Aiii

So not worth it
That was a lovely lampshade. I laughed. Well done.

Jon not being a bastard at all is quite surprising. Great way to drop that bit of knowledge instead of just having Bran vibe it in.

Zero mention of the unsullied, I guess no one cares what's happening between them and Euron
the latter probably destroyed their fleet and left and will conveniently spawn once again when the plot needs Dany to not win too easily

What? They not only addressed this by saying it out loud, they actually showed the Unsullied on land while their fleet was destroyed by Euron. That's it. They took Casterly Rock, he took Dany's fleet.

Branduil

l3qONVI.jpg

"Nailed it"

Remember when Danny used to give people to choose whether they want to serve her or not? This valyrian translator even mentioned it in the last episode.
Now she seems intent on enslaving everyone. First Jon,then the Lannister soldiers.

I'll just add it to the list of stuff the show creators failed to understand from the books.

Aiii

So not worth it
Similarities between Dany and Trump:

• populist rhetoric
  • keen on human rights abuses
  • totally wants to fuck younger family members
  • has small hand

Difference between Dany and Trump:
  • One actually has loved ones.
  • One is actually taken seriously.
  • One only threatens with Fire and Fury, the other can actually reign out Fire and Fury

I imagine Dany has to have some serious suspicions on Jon after the Drogon thing, especially after the whole dagger through the heart thing she keeps going back to. I forgot the the very fan servicey return of Genry and the rowing line and of course he has a hammer, still enjoyed it.

I imagine Elia no longer being able to safely have children could be enough grounds for a Prince to justify an annulment if he needed it.

It's all out War folks. War is hell. Even more hell back in the medieval era. Add dragons, and yeah. It's not like she blew up a church and half a city.

She is fighting the people that tried to have her killed as a baby, right? Does she not have a legitimate claim to the throne? Along with Jon?
Rhaegar was the rightful successor so his children would've been first in line.
Is the annulment of "Ragger" confirmation that Jon is Jon Targaryen?

Thought that was a minor giveaway

Wasn't it theorized that she called him Jaehaerys or something?

Aiii

So not worth it
It surprises me that Cersei not once mentioned that it was normal under Targaryen rule for the King to mary family. Incest was not a problem then.

Why not go there? Really weird to me, seems so obvious. Did I forget, is this not show canon?

Tuffty

From Dragonstone to Kings Landing, back to Dragonstone and all the way up to the fucking wall in one episode. Just makes the whole world seem smaller than it is.

What the fuck is this plan any good for anyway? Assuming they do get a dead man's body to bring back to show Cersei, who in earth thinks Cersei will:

1. Even care about the White Walkers at all
2. Agree to help?

If the White Walkers don't kill Jon or Dany, then Cersei absolutely would at that meeting, especially with a baby on the way, she's going to completely fuck over everyone else. Surely the best idea would be conquest of Kings Landing and overthrow Cersei to get Dany on board? The plan is dumb, it's real dumb.

Aiii

So not worth it
All Targaryens had incest relations to keep the bloodline pure, it's not taboo, it's standard fare. Sorry to burst your fantasy.

It surprises me that Cersei not once mentioned that it was normal under Targaryen rule for the King to mary family. Incest was not a problem then.

Why not go there? Really weird to me, seems so obvious. Did I forget, is this not show canon?
IIRC Jaime mentioned this to Cersei in season 1.

Turin

Banned
All Targaryens had incest relations to keep the bloodline pure, it's not taboo, it's standard fare. Sorry to burst your fantasy.

Not my fantasy and your being disingenuous. The real world taboo aspect is totally part of why the internet is squealing for it.

erawsd

Huh. Maybe the lighting was weird. Watched it on my PS4 and his eyes looked exactly like the warg. On my mac, looked normal.

My bad.

Yeah, I'm not sure Bran can warg into other people. At least in the books it says that Hodor is an exception because of his disability.

Yeah, I'm not sure Bran can warg into other people. At least in the books it says that Hodor is an exception because of his disability.

Yeah, it surprised me. But I guess my contrast is off and when he looks up, it looked like his eyes suddenly go white. Rewound it a few times and was so sure too. Just shitty contrast got the best of me, lol.

Forkball

The wight plan is dumb. You never see one wight wandering around, they always travel in MASSIVE packs. Plus they have no cage, or boat to escape, or anything. Kill a pig north of the wall and wait for it to become a wight pig.

barit

Didn´t The Night Watch already send an undead corpse to King´s Landing or was it only in the books? Well at the end it won´t matter anymore I guess because the Wall is going down hard in the season final.

Loke13

The wight plan is dumb. You never see one wight wandering around, they always travel in MASSIVE packs. Plus they have no cage, or boat to escape, or anything. Kill a pig north of the wall and wait for it to become a wight pig.
They do have a cage though

danm999

It can be done by skinchangers but it's taboo. It being a Bran exclusive thing is a show invention.

Didn´t The Night Watch already send an undead corpse to King´s Landing or was it only in the books? Well at the end it won´t matter anymore I guess because the Wall is going down hard in the season final.

They sent Alister Thorne with a still wriggling hand in a jar but it decays by the time he gets there.

Loke13

They sent a severed hand and by the time it got to King's Landing it was already rotted away.

It was a severed wight hand I believe?

A bit easier to dismiss than an intact, fully functional wight

Violet_0

Banned

bet ya one of them gets zombified and they drag them back to Dragonstone. My money is on either Gendry or Jorah, but the latter just got cured so that would be kind of stupid

erawsd

It can be done by skinchangers but it's taboo. It being a Bran exclusive thing is a show invention.

Ah yeah, you are right. Though loking at the Wiki page it sounds like its extremely difficult, Hodor being a simpleton is why its easy for Bran to do it to him.

When Thistle comes to warn him that an army of Others and wights is near and they have to leave, Varamyr tries to take over her body. However, she reacts madly, screaming, tearing out her eyes and biting her own tongue off, expelling him from her mind.

TTG

bet ya one of them gets zombified and they drag them back to Dragonstone. My money is on either Gendry or Jorah, but the latter just got cured so that would be kind of stupid

That's the thing, people are commenting about how it's going to be a slaughter, but they are mostly characters that would be an outright waste to kill on this obviously bullshit mission.

1. Jon isn't going down, obviously.
2. Jorah just got back on his feet.
3. Writing Gendry back in just to kill him off is dumb, plus they must like having a Baratheon around
4. The Hound didn't survive for 7 seasons to not at least get in a fight with a Lannister or more likely his brother.
5. They could kill off the Wildlings chief, but it would make it more difficult to credibly write them. Would they just follow Jon around like a northern Dothraki?

So this leaves the Red Lord zealots, which isn't much by GoT standards, but it will have to do.

Top Bottom