• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Branduil

The Hound will turn into a wight and then he'll go to King's Landing and fight Zombie Mountain because that's exactly the kind of thing that would happen in this show.

NeoGiff

So, hold on:

1. Tyrion witnesses Jaime charging Drogon, after which he must make one of two plausible observations, given the circumstances;
a. Jaime was incinerated
b. Jaime drowned

2. Tyrion makes no further reference to this event at all, until;

3. Tyrion knows Jaime is not only alive and well, but that he is also back safely in King's Landing at Cersei's side despite the events that he has seen unfold, because the plot now demands that the two characters meet to set the next chain of events in motion.

Just... what?!

Edit: Of course, Tyrion could also have guessed Jaime somehow survived, but despite this actually happening, it stretches credibility to a ridiculous degree if we're looking at things from a character level regarding Tyrion. If we accept that he did guess that Jaime survived, that doesn't account for Jaime and Bronn pulling a Vorenus and Pullo and being the only two survivors/escapees of a disaster with no one following up on their whereabouts.

So, hold on:

1. Tyrion witnesses Jaime charging Drogon, after which he must make one of two plausible observations, given the circumstances;
a. Jaime was incinerated
b. Jaime drowned

2. Tyrion makes no further reference about this event at all, until;

3. Tyrion knows Jaime is not only alive and well, but that he is also back safely in King's Landing at Cersei's side despite the events that he has seen unfold, because the plot now demands that the two characters meet to set the next chain of events in motion.

Just... what?!

yeah that was pretty fucking dumb

I hope the show doesn't lose that Game of Thrones twistyness that led to Ned's death and the Res Wedding. They've gathered a rocking crew for fighting white walkers. It would be an awesome turnaround if they somehow all get turned with the full conversion treatment and become Others.

Donthizz#

Show has gone full Hollywood. There's no coming back. At this point I expect future books to be vastly different from the show. Ending will be same(maybe) I don't know at this point.

It was alright. Felt pretty stupid to grab Gendry (an internet favorite) and then all of those dudes at the end. That whole segment felt like very on the nose fanservice.

they basically grabbed the Game of Thrones Magnificent Seven for one big mission for the season finale lmao. how the hell did the Dothraki/Danerys not wait for Jamie and Bronn to resurface to capture them? it would only be a few minutes. No idea why Littlefinger is even being allowed to breathe and wander the halls scheming in Winterfell tbh haha. No sense there.

Sam Tarly scenes are so boring and make me want to change the channel.

Like its fun, but if we're gonna be this lazy with the writing just give us some swordfights or some shit every episode now. Oh well, was fun to see things progress so quick, but I wish they put a little more effort into writing this show as they do with the fantastic production design.

And Davos is always great in here at least.

Timbuktu

So, hold on:

a. Jaime was incinerated
b. Jaime drowned

Just... what?!

Edit: Of course, Tyrion could also have guessed Jaime somehow survived, but despite this actually happening, it stretches credibility to a ridiculous degree if we're looking at things from a character level regarding Tyrion. If we accept that he did guess that Jaime survived, that doesn't account for Jaime and Bronn pulling a Vorenus and Pullo and being the only two survivors/escapees of a disaster with no one following up on their whereabouts.

Indeed, or Bronn would be the mastermind behind this and initiated contact with Tyrion via some unknown channel.

Violet_0

Banned
how could I forget, Benjen Stark is still out there! This is gonna be the best adventurer group, now they just need a sexy lady elf archer and a dwarf

and a mage. Where's Melisandre, she's not doing anything important anyway

Ravelle

I can't get over the fact that so much time passes and Cercei still having that dumb haircut that seems to change color as well, she started out blonde but is now almost a redhead.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well, it was at least taboo for anyone not being a Targaryen. Joffrey et al. were considered abominations by those who suspected his true parentage

I think it was more that they were bastards, and not Baratheons and thus not heirs to the throne more than anything else.

Neece

I didn't know how much I needed this until I got it.

ZBom0fb.png

QUZqiLx.png

WwNVn7D.png

2hZ8j9d.png

dFPVege.png

SteveWD40

This is starting to feel like a fansite has taken over the writing, will we ever get another "the good guys get fucked up" moment like the RW? probably not.

Martin hates tropes (especially the LOTR "army of evil" one) yet the Others seem to have none of the ambiguity and mystery from the books since they stopped with the cool symbols etc...

We really are now in the Goodies v Baddies realm.

Also, seeing Gendry got me thinking, who is in charge in the Stormlands now? so many Great Houses are wiped out, Martell, Tyrell, Baratheon, Tully (wtf is Edmure?), Frey...

At this rate Danny's most eligible match for King would be a Fossway or Manderly.

typist

The Hound will turn into a wight and then he'll go to King's Landing and fight Zombie Mountain because that's exactly the kind of thing that would happen in this show.

I was just thinking this =)
So, hold on:

a. Jaime was incinerated
b. Jaime drowned

Just... what?!

This does seem a little dumb. But we can suppose that Tyrion told Dany it was Jaime who charged her, and that they needed the Dothraki to pull up bodies from the river or whatever and check to see if he drowned or escaped. If they can't find the body then he probably escaped. Alternatively they could have added a scene where Varys says some of his remaining informants confirmed that Jaime returned or something. It's a bit of sloppy writing but we can plausibly think of ways that Tyrion could have learned Jaime was alive off-camera

TTG

Her make up and the way she was lit for that scene was immediate and definitive confirmation for the Dany/Jon romance. I was rolling my eyes before they even got started.

And he's gonna make that exact stupid face when he finds out about the Targeryan thing too.

Mulling it over, developments in Wintefell and with The Fellowship of Let's Go Capture a Zombie are still really, really dumb. However, I appreciate a degree of uncertainty being back in the show. The first 4 or so episodes felt like scenes that had to happen beat by beat and no one was having any fun, except Sam. This is more like it, even if it is flimsy, but when hasn't it been?

Qurupeke

It's fucking Gendry with a fucking hammer! Holy shit. All that rowing must have given him some muscles.

Also, fuck Dany. I really hope she dies by the end of the series, she doesn't deserve to be a Queen. I actually felt bad for Dickon. She's really the most stupid character in the entire series.

Next episode should be hype.

Mendrox

This is starting to feel like a fansite has taken over the writing, will we ever get another "the good guys get fucked up" moment like the RW? probably not.

Martin hates tropes (especially the LOTR "army of evil" one) yet the Others seem to have none of the ambiguity and mystery from the books since they stopped with the cool symbols etc...

Also, seeing Gendry got me thinking, who is in charge in the Stormlands now? so many Great Houses are wiped out, Martell, Tyrell, Baratheon, Tully (wtf is Edmure?), Frey...

At this rate Danny's most eligible match for King would be a Fossway or Manderly.

It's like people want everyone dead.

There won't be many casualities anymore guys. I would wager to say that there won't be many in the books too.

Everything comes together and there are almost no episodes left. People also want their merchandise and the memes. And it's not bad at all. People don't have to die all the time to raise the stakes or show that the people (that we think are the heroes which they aren't, there are no heroes in this show) lose agian.

typist

Huh, I just remembered reading about some interview with Martin where he said people resurrected by the red priests are still technically dead or something. Like the blood doesn't flow in their bodies or something. So would the Night King be able to control Jon and Beric? Probably not, from a storytelling perspective how in the hell would they escape if that were the case but it's an interesting possibility

They've gone over the Wall with a skeleton crew of men into incredibly dangerous territory to capture one of those creatures that never travels alone only in horrifically overwhelming horses, and you think we won't get a moment where they fuck up?

Having all those cool characters on a squad is a double edged sword. If only the red shirt wildlings die, then it's kinda bullshit. Show is already going too far with plot armor.

Sir Doom

Of course Arya got played with that Dexter level stalking 😂

Things are moving fast. Tyrion meeting Jaimie and getting Gendry all on one episode. Mormont arriving and leaving.

If the books ever come out.

I would like to read Mormont's travel to Westeros. Tyron and Davos going to King's Landing. Maybe chapters of Sam's book preserving days

That ending looks like a Magnificent Seven movie

TTG

Well, someone is buying the farm by the end of the season. I don't know if Little Finger is enough, in fact I think he may end up ruling the North with the Starks + Brienne turning tail. It could be one or both of the Lannisters instead.

The jon + dragon thing PLUS the master scroll about raeghar annulment was so hammered down, it could have gone like "i foundz a scroll that says jonsnow targaryen confirmed WHAT DOES MEAN ?"

Rixxan

Unarguably some forced plot movements with plenty of contrivances

But throwing "jumping the shark" as a label is negative hyperbole

Which isn't atypical for this thread but still

I think Dany's burning of the Tarly's would have been fine if she actually called Randall out on his bullshit. She didn't even make a point of saying that she was Westerosi born in front of the southern men, that the Targaryen rule was the most prosperous rule the kingdom had ever seen whilst many of the great old houses had already fallen in the Baratheon/Lannister reign, she didn't denounce the actions of her father whilst showing she was willing to build alliances with the families that rightfully put an end to him, and then there's the whole him being a turncloak and being alright aligning with a family who had her sister in law and nieces/nephews raped/murdered by The Mountain and being chill with Cersi blowing up The Great Scept along with the Tyrells and faith.

She could have even ended it by saying she wasn't destroying the house given Samwell and the Tarly women were unharmed.

Pluto

Unpopular? Arya became a shit character after she set foot in Braavos.

She's horrible and the actress' performance doesn't help.
I was under the impression she was still a fan favorite.

I never liked her not even in the first season, Sansa was the girly one but Arya was the princess, the spoiled brat who did what she wanted, didn't respect anyone and was used to getting what she wanted because her father was top dog in the north.
And then for years others dragged her through Westeros, fighting for her, protecting her (sometimes for selfish reasons but they still did it) and she still acted like an entitled cow, it's ALL about her and her revenge and fuck being sensible or diplomatic or to see that Sansa didn't just have fun times in King's Landing until she rode into Winterfell on a bunch of pink ponies.
If she just stopped for a few minutes and listened instead of thinking she has it all figured out she would realize that Sansa is right but I doubt Arya lacks the brain capacity for that, it's all just me, me, me and stab, stab, stab in there.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Watch Black Sails, he's a major character in it. At this point, Black Sails is a more consistent and better show anyway.

Black Sails of the middle of S1 to the end is leagues above, since it actually focuses on character building rather than plot points. Also being centered to a great actor helped.

Black Sails of the middle of S1 to the end is leagues above, since it actually focuses on character building rather than plot points. Also being centered to a great actor helped.

absolutely. Black Sails wiped the floor with this show on a quality perspective since its second season until it ended.

a lot of the political machinations and scheming badasses that this was known for, but better written and performed.

the moron tarly actually had a substantial role in the series too haha. and Toby Stephens' Flint was such a great performance and character to centre the show on. I always pictured his Captain Flint as perfect casting for Euron Greyjoy too tbh. looked pretty nice too with that location shooting, though Game of Thrones obviously has everything beat on that front. if nothing else this is still nice to look at .

Top Bottom