• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

jett

D-Member
This season was dumber than a bag of rocks. Not quite THE WORST, as season 5 is easily in general pretty boring, but man this is just stupid. The Arya/Sansa stuff is just the low point of the entire show. And it lasted the entire season LOL.

At this point anyone that still insists the plot in the books will be similar to the show is just an idiot.

This whole season felt like one of those Justified episodes where the writer's didn't have enough episodes to get where they needed to get so you ended up with a bunch of weird truncated story beats and bizarre character motivations to get to where they wanted to be.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This season was dumber than a bag of rocks. Not quite THE WORST, as season 5 is easily in general pretty boring, but man this is just stupid. The Arya/Sansa stuff is just the low point of the entire show. And it lasted the entire season LOL.

At this point anyone that still insists the plot in the books will be similar to the show is just an idiot.

I mean, maybe Jeyne Poole is that stupid.

Burt

Man Theon's win really disappointed me. This show is so shitty about men without cocks. Such an unshakable fixation on calling that out at every opportunity.

Even without a dick, it would suck to get kneed in the groin by someone trying to murder you.
Yeah, that being his ace in the hole was some straight up garbage

And on an unrelated note, I can't bring myself to care about the Golden Company at all. It sounds like another Euron. Except later in the game. And with less connections to existing characters. And stupid.

And what is Gendry

Why is Gendry

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I enjoyed this episode. They managed a good payoff with the Winterfell story.

Still wish Jon hadn't banged his aunt, and him being named Aegon is just stupid.

I wish Cersei had died. Let Jamie kill her and The Mountain kill him. There's enough things to tie up next season, I wish we had gotten some closure there.

Faddy

Banned

Nope you are in denial. When the books come out I'll say I told you so.

I can't wait for next season to see the look on Jon face when he finds out the truth.

C8YfqRLXYAACV0J.jpg

jfkgoblue

I enjoyed this episode. They managed a good payoff with the Winterfell story.

Still wish Jon hadn't banged his aunt, and him being named Aegon is just stupid.

I wish Cersei had died. Let Jamie kill her and The Mountain kill him. There's enough things to tie up next season, I wish we had gotten some closure there.
They can't have 6 episodes of Others vs Living.

duckroll

There are definitely differences but as far as the main plot goes with Dany, Jon, Arya, Sansa and Tyrion I expect that to be pretty close to what George has told them. And George does know his ending, or at least says he does, claiming the book series will finish on a bittersweet note.

I'm not sure what you're responding to. You asked me to source the interview where they said they knew early on how they wanted the series to end, and that they went to get details from GRRM to see how close his plans would match their vision. I sourced it. Let's try again.

There were some details that were added later — but pretty much the actual endgame, the main climactic moments, we had in mind then. We had ninety percent of this crucial chunk of the story for the final season, and we were mainly talking to George to see how our notion of where things ended up jibed with his notion.

The show is the show. It is D&D's vision from season 3 on. They already knew how they wanted to end it. They're not piecing stuff together based on what GRRM tells them every other month.

The truly revelatory thing for me in this excerpt is that I've been saying jibe as 'jive' my entire life like an idiot.

Words are wind. :)

Also, Arya being the headswoman wasn't really well thought as one of Ned's first lesson is that "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword". They made the Sansa/Arya duo as something good but it was against the Stark's tradition.

As much as I loved Arya quick drawing the dagger on that fucker, this is absolutely true. That scene would have had an impact if Arya had drew her sword, only to hand it to Sansa who offed him while echoing that statement.

Only thing I'm not sure on (rusty on my book knowledge) is if Arya and Sansa were ever taught that like Jon, Robb, Bran and Theon were, seeing as they weren't present when Ned said that in the book or the show.

thefro

The execution of Littlefinger was so dumb. Like, they didn't have any proof and if he had just denied everything he could have escaped that situation (assuming it was a fair trial), but no, they had to make him confess, desperately asking for forgiveness. I know it had the surprising effect, but LF should be smarter than that, being outsmarted by three kids.

D&D said Littlefinger could never imagine Sansa turning on him in the "inside the episode" thingie, since he loves her so much. That's his big weakness.

Bran is the fucking three-eyed raven and Arya is a faceless man, so they're not exactly kids. Plus Littlefinger has trained Sansa pretty well.

jfkgoblue

D&D said Littlefinger could never imagine Sansa turning on him in the "inside the episode" thingie, since he loves her so much. That's his big weakness.

Bran is the fucking three-eyed raven and Arya is a faceless man, so they're not exactly kids. Plus Littlefinger has trained Sansa pretty well.
Yeah Sansa is 19, Arya is 17 and Bran is 16, hardly kids.

ryseing

So will Euron really bring the Golden Company over to Westeros?

Will the show actually give us Connington?

He'd be a great addition if cast right. Could also provide the reason for the Golden Company to turn on Cersei when he finds out one of Rhaegar's kids is alive.

Neece

They had Bran's word, which is apparently sufficient evidence, since he's magic.

As far as the Arya headswoman thing, the whole "passes sentence/swing sword" maxim is really premised on the idea that the person in charge is an ablebodied man with skill at arms. There's never been a Lady of Winterfell before; Sansa's not trained as an executioner.

And also the word of Baelish, who admitted to killing Lysa.

yunbuns

You guys mean to have me believe that a royal who is obsessed with prophecies about a prince who was promised would be above naming a second kid the same name as his other kid if he felt that this was the child who fulfilled that prophecy? Sometimes I wonder if y'all are new to fantasy....

Literally all I pointed out was that the other son was mentioned by named and wasn't renamed for the show but go on your tangent if it makes you feel better.

UraMallas

I'm legitimately looking forward to finding out which issue resolves first; the iron throne or the white walkers. I could see cases for it to go either way and I would be satisfied.

D&D will forget which sellsword company is which and Daario will be leading the Golden Company.

I can see it happening like this;

"Daario was tired of having to watch over a city that he didn't care about, was scorned about being left behind by Dany, so he left and sold his services to the highest bidder that being the Golden Company making it the second time he's been the head of a mercenary company."

So did Tyrion flip on Dany during his meeting with
Cersei? The cut to the next scene, plus his sulking outside of Danny's bedroom later made it seem that way.

Also, if the Whitewalkers now have an undead dragon, and an undead Tormund Giantsbane, it's game over.

Yaeh, I didn't like how Tyrion was sulking while hot sensual sex was happening. Somethings up with him. And I'm not talking about his boner.

jfkgoblue

"Daario was tired of having to watch over a city that he didn't care about, was scorned about being left behind by Dany, so he left and sold his services to the highest bidder that being the Golden Company making it the second time he's been the head of a mercenary company."
And now he sees that she married her nephew and also becomes the bitter ex.

Also Jon keeps climbing the proverbial ladder, from Bastard of Winterfell, to steward of the LC, to LC, to KitN, next is the Iron Throne.

Geist-

Every season I watch I hate D&D a little more for how badly they're handling the characters in this show. Littlefinger deserved better.

At least the wall attack was really good. The CGI was on big budget disaster movie level, and the army of the dead was just plain haunting. Incredible visuals.

ryseing

DEAD DRAGON DO NOT EAT

jfkgoblue

Every season I watch I hate D&D a little more for how badly they're handling the characters in this show. Littlefinger deserved better.

At least the wall attack was really good. The CGI was on big budget disaster movie level, and the army of the dead was just plane haunting. Incredible visuals.
Spectacle has been the best part of the show since season 3.

Top Bottom