• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Patriots7

He's not fucking Aegon.

Like Rhaegar was obsessed with prophecies, but would name both of his sons Aegon? Aegon was still alive before he died.

I always thought he was like Viserys to complete the three conquerers.

Ohh Bratislava, here's a fun fact, YOU MADE OUT WITH YOUR AUNT MAN!

Now we know what Winter is Coming means.

Jon being named Aegon is a little meh, but as others have said Rhaegar was obsessed with Prophecy.

And now we wait.

Talon

Varys just needs to raven up old friend Illyrio and tell him about zombies and dragons, and the Golden Company will peace out.

That Littlefinger death...

What a lame ending to an increasingly lame character.

Someone said earlier they could have done it ~4 episodes earlier and would have been able to skip out on a horrendous plot and developed other things better and yeah that would have been better.

Leeness

Many things can be said about this episode (I really enjoyed it and the whole season), but I just wanted to say:

Thank you, Game of Thrones, for showing Jon's bum. It was lovely.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I wish Sansa was the one to kill LF.

"The (wo)man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Ned would be disappointed in both of them. :p

Arya didn't even wait for the sentencing.

duckroll

Tyrion has been such a useless buffoon this season. Has he done anything right? Has he been good for anything? I reject the notion that is what awaits Tyrion in the books. Idiotic plans and worthless advice.

I mean, Tyrion in the books right now is basically him degrading himself in wine, fucking a fellow dwarf, feeling sorry for himself, and performing with a pig. And that's all we'll ever see of him again. So I'm not sure how it's better.

Moff

welp, the wall hat a good run
DHKEvPl.gif

Clipjoint

GRRM has said over and over again how much he loves and respects what Tolkein did with the Scouring of the Shire. It would make sense if his story has the threat of the White Walkers being dealt with before the battle with Cersei. Dealing with her and taking King's Landing could be the bittersweet ending/epilogue he's always hinted at, assuming D&D are following his outline.

watershed

Banned
Worst part of the episode: thinking Euron was taking his ball and going home only to find out he'll be back and probably kill a dragon just because.

Sorry if this has been explained already, but did anyone understood what the heck happened in Casterly Rock? I thought the entire Unsullied army was trapped inside the castle and sieged by Euron?

Atlantis

Someone said earlier they could have done it ~4 episodes earlier and would have been able to skip out on a horrendous plot and developed other things better and yeah that would have been better.

I've said this before, but the only reason I think this entire plot line lasted beyond Bran's arrival in Winterfell is so they could give Arya and Sansa screentime.

Now that the Night King has breached the wall they'll be easy to wrap into the main storyline due to their location, but during the season they were two popular characters that really had no relevance to the main happenings of the story. Something had to be invented for them.

Moff

Sorry if this has been explained already, but did anyone understood what the heck happened in Casterly Rock? I thought the entire Unsullied army was trapped inside the castle and sieged by Euron?

I think they said in the same episode that they need to walk back now, I guess those were all the consequences for them.

jett

D-Member
I mean, Tyrion in the books right now is basically him degrading himself in wine, fucking a fellow dwarf, feeling sorry for himself, and performing with a pig. And that's all we'll ever see of him again. So I'm not sure how it's better.

TYRION WILL RETURN ONE DAY

Worst part of the episode: thinking Euron was taking his ball and going home only to find out he'll be back and probably kill a dragon just because.

I was kinda glad when I thought Euron was just going back to his home planet. Guess we'll see more of him next season...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
They made a truce so they could all walk peacefully to King's Landing and negotiate a truce.

Lautaro

They were briefly stranded. Euron couldn't have put them under siege but he did destroy the ships they used to move. They had to go back on foot while the Lannister army looted Highgarden.

Fuzzy

Apparently Euron sailed away (to where? who cares!) and let them march across the country with no supplies. I'm gonna go watch a show with good writing now, Survivor's Remorse.

Moff

was that Harry Lloyd as Rhaegar? They sure tried to make it look like him.

and didn't Cersei nod at Gregor to kill Jaime? What happened there?

Overall, probably the poorest season finale, and generally a mediocre episode. But there was plenty of entertaining spectacle to make it worthwhile. I expect the same from the end.

I am already hyped for the inevitable Cleganebowl, all men must hype.
What did Sandor mean anyway when he said Gregor knew what's coming for him, what was that all about?

Mortemis

Banned
welp, the wall hat a good run
DHKEvPl.gif

Y'all see this shit? The wall was tore down like it wasn't just standing there for so long to make sure nothing can get past it. There's a fucking army of zombies and a dragon breathing fucking blue fire, and we're here posting on an internet forum.

We're all going to fucking die.

Azzanadra

If nothing else this episode raises interesting questions about the Night King and why he chose this specific winter to attack Westeros, he needed the dragon to break the wall- does that mean he knew a dragon would come, saw it in some vision or what?

Apparently Euron sailed away (to where? who cares!) and let them march across the country with no supplies. I'm gonna go watch a show with good writing now, Survivor's Remorse.

While the Cockless being able to march across Westeros with no supplies is so stupid you could write an essay about it, in regards to Euron's fleet not attacking them after sinking their boats, remember that the Iron Born are supposed to be shit fighters on land. Grey Worm alone probably would've killed half of them.

LJ11

Underrated scene: Sam's "ohhh that's nice" reaction to Bran saying he's the 3ER 😂

I was rolling, funny as fuck.

Checked my brains at the door and was pretty satisfied with this season. It was just stupid fun, I know what the show is at this point. At the end of the day, trying to convince the maniacal Cersei ultimately gave the Night King & Co their way in. Whatever, I had fun with it.

Something tells me WW will be defeated by 4th episode next season. Last two episode is vs the final GoT boss Cersei Lannister.

I actually feel what will happen is the white walkers become a big enough threat that every House pledged to Cersei leaves to fight the white walkers, she is disgraced and leaves (because D&D aren't going to kill a pregnant woman twice unless she's been faking it the whole time), Jon dies in some heroic scene we get a time skip and Danny with child is ruling the kingdoms

If nothing else this episode raises interesting questions about the Night King and why he chose this specific winter to attack Westeros, he needed the dragon to break the wall- does that mean he knew a dragon would come, saw it in some vision or what?

if they theory that Bran= NK is true in the show then....

Fuzzy

was that Harry Lloyd as Rhaegar? They sure tried to make it look like him.

What did Sandor mean anyway when he said Gregor knew what's coming for him, what was that all about?
Rhaegar was played by Wilf Scolding.

Probably meant he would be the one to take him out.

UraMallas

Soo was Aegon ever named in the show prior to this?

I'm not really sure what you're asking.

Was it known Jon's real name is Aegon? No.
Was Rhaegar's first son Aegon mentioned by name in the show before? Yes.
Was Aegon Targaryen of 'Dunk and Egg' fame mentioned before this in the show? Yes.

Fuzzy

While the Cockless being able to march across Westeros with no supplies is so stupid you could write an essay about it, in regards to Euron's fleet not attacking them after sinking their boats, remember that the Iron Born are supposed to be shit fighters on land. Grey Worm alone probably would've killed half of them.
They could've hurled fireballs at them from their ships as they marched.

Tyrion has been such a useless buffoon this season. Has he done anything right? Has he been good for anything? I reject the notion that is what awaits Tyrion in the books. Idiotic plans and worthless advice.

Book Tyrion is a broken man reduced to pointless vengeance. He's not some genius either. Other than making a chain, has he done much right in the books either?

Moff

The theon scenes were really bad. They just don't know what to do with their actors anymore.

Littlefingers end was kinda ok, at least he got called out for his past scheming that put the realm into chaos, I expect the books to be completely different, though

Top Bottom