• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

Jobbs

Banned
2015-08-24.jpg

Went to do this on a whim after a long day, but apparently PSN doesn't consider my money important enough to work properly at 12am on a week night.

kevin1025

Banned
...I'm going to have to buy this, aren't I? I feel like a dope cancelling my E3 Amazon order a month back now. I might wait till that 10% discount thing comes out from the PLAY games.

...I'm going to have to buy this, aren't I? I feel like a dope cancelling my E3 Amazon order a month back now. I might wait till that 10% discount thing comes out from the PLAY games.

i was going to cancel it and forgot to, then i got a shipping notice from Amazon and it was too late lol

thank god, its amazing so far

Dominator

Really wanted to dive in tonight but I have tomorrow off so I'm gonna play it when I wake up and I'm refreshed. Will probably beat it in one sitting, can't wait. I love games like this.

Kalentan

I mean if you compare it to long rpgs or open world games it's short, but for the genre or even survival horror, it's a perfect length.

If anything horror games can have the issue of going on for too long.

As much as I loved Alien Isolation, it did feel like it was going on for longer than I would have liked near the end.

border

I am stuck in the tutorial -- at the "hold the controller steady" part. Even if I set the controller down on the coffee table I fail the event and it just keeps looping. How do I fix this?

I am stuck in the tutorial -- at the "hold the controller steady" part. Even if I set the controller down on the coffee table I fail the event and it just keeps looping. How do I fix this?

Try resting your controller connection. That's not normal.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Does this sooper secret Matt & Emily chapter automatically get included in the digital pre-order?

UberTag

Is the companion app worth the download?
It's by no means essential but it's a nice added perk.
Brings with it some additional collectibles in the form of pinboards independent of the stuff already included to find on the game disc itself.
Gives you ready access to the stats of the character you're presently playing showing how their traits have progressed over the course of the night.
The individual character profiles have some added bio material to help familiarize yourself with each character. I like to role-play to each character's tendencies in my playthroughs.
There's a brief history of Blackwood Pines that is largely disposable.
And there's a fun character test that will tell you which character you're most like based on answering a series of questions. Evidently I'm an Ashley. This does not surprise me.

Hannah is a cutie pie. So I obviously hate all the characters after the opening scene.
Sam tried to stop them and was dead set against the prank.
And Josh and Chris were passed out drunk. So don't blame those three.
Feel free to hate on the others.

90s trailers man

So cheesy. So good!

It's by no means essential but it's a nice added perk.
Brings with it some additional collectibles in the form of pinboards independent of the stuff already included to find on the game disc itself.
Gives you ready access to the stats of the character you're presently playing showing how their traits have progressed over the course of the night.
The individual character profiles have some added bio material to help familiarize yourself with each character. I like to role-play to each character's tendencies in my playthroughs.
There's a brief history of Blackwood Pines that is largely disposable.
And there's a fun character test that will tell you which character you're most like based on answering a series of questions. Evidently I'm an Ashley. This does not surprise me.

I installed it after playing the game and it seems pointless.

Thanks for the replies. I'll pass. It doesn't sound like I'll be missing out on anything worthwhile.

So, Matt and Emily section is only available for those who preorereded the game? Is there any way to get their playthrough without preordering?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What's up with the aiming:

I've got the crosshairs on Mike during the snowball fight. Is Jessica meant to be missing?

Also that music during the scene. . .shit is going "down".

Hannah is cute but Beth isn't? They're twins lol.

Hannah is awkward and bookwormish looking. My kinda gal. The other one. Totally basic.

Replicant

I'm Ashley? But she's a jumpy mess. So not true. A friend once tried to scare me from behind and I didn't even have any reaction. Granted, I was sad so I didn't even care even if there's a serial killer behind me.

So, Matt and Emily section is only available for those who preorereded the game? Is there any way to get their playthrough without preordering?

Nope, right now you have to have preordered.

i'm going to lose my fucking mind, I paid for it, yet I can't play it till Dec 31st. Fuck off.

Clearly a mistake, call/tweet support.

What's up with the aiming:

I've got the crosshairs on Mike during the snowball fight. Is Jessica meant to be missing?

Also that music during the scene. . .shit is going "down".

If you want to throw a snowball at him, aim at the crosshair and press R1 or R2. Anything you can shoot at has that icon and that's where you need to aim.

skelekey

So the Hold the controller still thing isn't working for me. I'm stuck at the beginning of the game and can't progress. Does anyone know a fix?

Top Bottom