• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

Jobbs

Banned
2015-08-24.jpg

Okay, I guess we're doing this now.

2:45am. Maybe I'll do my friend's trick and open the back door to the house and leave it open, thereby maximizing the tension of the experience. (I know someone who has actually done this when playing scary games alone at night).

JJD

PSN is fucked up. The game is locked now, they can't connect to the server to verify my license even though I'm online and can access my friend list, PSN store, etc.

:-|

Teknoman

2:45am. Maybe I'll do my friend's trick and open the back door to the house and leave it open, thereby maximizing the tension of the experience. (I know someone who has actually done this when playing scary games alone at night).

Forget that noise. I'd dropkick anyone that even tapped my shoulder like that.

drotahorror

Doesn't sound safe at all hah.

Reule

PSN is fucked up. The game is locked now, they can't connect to the server to verify my license even though I'm online and can access my friend list, PSN store, etc.

:-|
PSN has been screwed all day after maintenance. All the information under any game tile loads partially and or Recent Activities won't load. Not that surprised that a new digital game is now locked. Hopefully it gets fixed in the morning for those who are locked out.

JJD

I can't even restore my licenses...damn Sony get your shit together!!!

PSN has been screwed all day after maintenance. All the information under any game tile loads partially and or Recent Activities won't load. Not that surprised that a new digital game is now locked. Hopefully it gets fixed in the morning for those who are locked out.

Maintenance, I believe.

Ah I see...thanks for the heads up guys!

Alo0oy

Banned
This game is great, I just got to (chapter 2 spoilers)
the point right after Jess disappears while playing with Mike(?) & you start controlling Sam, I didn't play beyond that.

I had to stop because I need to go to work, I think I'm gonna be late lol.

One question though regarding the DLC, I pre-ordered the game on PSN, but the DLC doesn't appear on the store so I can't download it, is it integrated into the game already? I'm still at chapter 2 & I heard that it's right after, but I don't want to proceed & miss out on the DLC content.

drotahorror

This game is great, I just got to (chapter 2 spoilers)
the point right after Jess disappears while playing with Mike(?) & you start controlling Sam, I didn't play beyond that.

I had to stop because I need to go to work, I think I'm gonna be late lol.

One question though regarding the DLC, I pre-ordered the game on PSN, but the DLC doesn't appear on the store so I can't download it, is it integrated into the game already? I'm still at chapter 2 & I heard that it's right after, but I don't want to proceed & miss out on the DLC content.

Go to your game in your library and go to addons. It should say 'Installed'

Lexad

Just amazing. Played two full chapters already and the tension is palpable
even though everything has been pranks.
Just amazing all around.

And I get even more excited for the analyst sections and trying to figure out wtf is going on and why stuff with the window and the room are changing

Jobbs

Banned
Just amazing. Played two full chapters already and the tension is palpable
even though everything has been pranks.
Just amazing all around.

And I get even more excited for the analyst sections and trying to figure out wtf is going on and why stuff with the window and the room are changing

cmon

Kinsei

Banned
I'm so glad I decided to stay up for this. I just started chapter 3 and finished the
ouija board
segment and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Very early chapter 3 spoilers:
I had absolutely no idea that this game had anything other than a slasher villain in i, so not only was the ghost reveal an awesome surprise, that jump scare really fucking got me.

The psychologist is a dick. He's accused me of lying in two of the three sessions I've had with him.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Might have called you a liar because your answers weren't jiving with how you were playing.

Kinsei

Banned
Might have called you a liar because your answers weren't jiving with how you were playing.

The second time was for sure (I planned on having each character be different and I hadn't gotten a chance to play as my self insert character at that point), but not the first time. Apparently
thinking the scarecrow in the picture he shows you is unsettling means you have to be afraid when some random person tells you a farmhouse is haunted with no proof whatsoever. Why would I even entertain the idea?

border

At what point should I start seeing the pre-order DLC content? I'm at least several chapters in and still no new characters.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
At what point should I start seeing the pre-order DLC content? I'm at least several chapters in and still no new characters.

So far the only section that hasn't had ANY relevant story:
was in Chapter 2 after turning the water on. Basically a Matt & Emily bonding moment.

border

They aren't new characters. It's just a section involving Matt and Emily

Ohhhhh ok........

So I did a sequence where they walk back down to the lift to retrieve her bag which apparently contains some sexy panties....Matt wiped some snow off of a picnic table and got upset that there was a "Mike + Em" heart carved into the tabletop. Is that the bonus DLC?

Ohhhhh ok........

So I did a sequence where they walk back down to the lift to retrieve her bag which apparently contains some sexy panties....Matt wiped some snow off of a picnic table and got upset that there was a "Mike + Em" heart carved into the tabletop. Is that the bonus DLC?

Yup. I am pretty sure that's it.

Flimsy excuse for DLC but it is what it is. It's obvious it was just carved from the game as an excuse to get people to preorder

border

Yup. I am pretty sure that's it.

Flimsy excuse for DLC but it is what it is. It's obvious it was just carved from the game as an excuse to get people to preorder

Well I'm hopeful there will be more to it than that, but yeah it is disappointing.

When I pre-ordered I thought the DLC would be like some kind of prologue chapter following a couple hiking on the mountain that gets lost and murdered -- at the least something that was legitimately tangential to the main plot.

LuuKyK

Is it me or Chris looks like Noctis bodyguard (the one that says baaaaaaaawwwth in that trailer in a weird accent) from Final Fantasy XV. I cant unsee.

This game is great. Haven't been able to put it down since 1 am. Really enjoying myself so far, the tension is insane. As far as reviews go I'm in the 9 range of the spectrum at the moment.

rafaelr

i want to get this and play it together with a couple of friends. since we won´t play it all in one session, i´d like to ask if the game is divided into chapters or something like that and we´d be able to stop and pick back up another day without hassle? (Tv episode style...)

kubus

i want to get this and play it together with a couple of friends. since we won´t play it all in one session, i´d like to ask if the game is divided into chapters or something like that and we´d be able to stop and pick back up another day without hassle? (Tv episode style...)
Yeah the game is divided into chapters and it will play a "Previously on Until Dawn.." clip at the start of each chapter that recaps past events so it's perfect to play in multiple sessions.

If you want to know how many chapters there are, click the spoiler tag:
ten chapters

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

The game saves after every choice or "status update" so you can put it down whenever.

Mr Moose

I've got this preordered on Amazon UK and there doesn't seem to be an extended edition, only the standard game and the steelbook, but the photo of the standard edition says extended edition... Don't want to miss any of it, does anyone know if they're only doing two versions in the UK?

Product Description
Pre-order Until Dawn and you’ll receive the Extended Edition which includes a special bonus scene for free. This exclusive scene sees Matt and Emily, a new couple, out on the mountain – but it’s not long until they start to suspect they aren’t alone.

If we don't get that version, we riot!

Just amazing.

Fucking hell... SPOILER ALERT, thanks a lot. I know who is going to die next... :mad:

I'm staying the hell out of these threads now until after I've played it.

Lexad, you might want to edit your post. : /

Spoiled damn it.

Fucking hell... SPOILER ALERT, thanks a lot. I know who is going to die next... :mad:

I'm staying the hell out of these threads now until after I've played it.

What are you guys complaining about? That's not a spoiler at all and in no way foreshadows who's going to die next!

Ohhhhh ok........

Yes.

DryvBy

Yesterday I had a blow out and had to replace all of my tires. So the thought of passing on this game for the time being--especially after seeing the reviews--is tough. Hopefully nothing is spoiled until I get to play.

rafaelr

Yeah the game is divided into chapters and it will play a "Previously on Until Dawn.." clip at the start of each chapter that recaps past events so it's perfect to play in multiple sessions.

If you want to know how many chapters there are, click the spoiler tag:
ten chapters

thanks!

Alo0oy

Banned
Fuck Emily.

I'm not that far off (mid C2), but she's not THAT bad, yeah she's kinda bitchy, but I haven't seen anything to make me despise her.

Mike on the other is a complete douchebag, he pissed me off at the beginning (prologue spoilers)
When he played a prank on the twin and seduced her.

And according to the companion app I'm a douchebag too lol.

I don't see what could go wrong.

Top Bottom