• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn |OT| I know what you'll play this summer

dammit i really want to get this game but i'm still working my way through witcher 3, madden is out tomorrow, mgs in a week, mario the week after.... might have to wait for black friday :(

Leeness

@yosp knows about the issue, and now its just sony's turn to notice.

Yeah, just was looking around and saw that.

Looks like it's because we preordered when there was no release date and it didn't update properly. I kiiiiind of figured this would happen whenever I saw the 100+ day counter lol.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I didn't try to re download but restoring licenses didn't work. I think it has to be on their end and that we preordered early.

dammit i really want to get this game but i'm still working my way through witcher 3, madden is out tomorrow, mgs in a week, mario the week after.... might have to wait for black friday :(

All those games aside from MM are sequels, and MM can be played at your leisure for many years so no need to buy it now. Play Until Dawn, an original new game, and engage in topical conversation right away while it's fresh on everyone's mind!

Yeah, just was looking around and saw that.

Looks like it's because we preordered when there was no release date and it didn't update properly. I kiiiiind of figured this would happen whenever I saw the 100+ day counter lol.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I didn't try to re download but restoring licenses didn't work. I think it has to be on their end and that we preordered early.

I have one other method to try, and Ill let you know if that works, if not apparently we have to wait till the store updates tomorrow which is bs.

Leeness

I have one other method to try, and Ill let you know if that works, if not apparently we have to wait till the store updates tomorrow which is bs.

Bummer.

I mean, it doesn't matter for me as long as it all works before 6pm-ish tomorrow lol. But for your sake, if you're looking forward to playing during the day tomorrow, I hope it resolves as early as possible.

Bummer.

I mean, it doesn't matter for me as long as it all works before 6pm-ish tomorrow lol. But for your sake, if you're looking forward to playing during the day tomorrow, I hope it resolves as early as possible.

nah probably around 10pm or so, but if I have to redownload it (which is something I'm worried they might make us do) and I just get back home at 10. I won't be too happy.

Arcayne

So uh... who else jumped/screamed when [in Ch.2]
you control Chris and have to find the deodorant. That fucking dog/wolf.
Completely unexpected, my gf and I feel ashamed for even jumping, let alone screaming, about that. rofl.

Cool game so far. I'm watching my gf play it as I can't stomache playing a horror game, nothing crazy has happened yet, but I'm feeling immersed in each character's story so far.

jmaine_ph

Took the character test on the companion app and got these results. That lack of complexion protection.

vQM78MQ.jpg

hesido

I can't get past this woodland creature. It says to hold my controller still and I even sat it down at one point, but it just detects it instantaneously like I'm moving,

From what I read in reviews, I'm guessing they need to patch this to slightly more forgiving. But here's a conspiracy theory: They can guess whether you sit your controller down (0 movement) as opposed to holding it. :p

All those games aside from MM are sequels, and MM can be played at your leisure for many years so no need to buy it now. Play Until Dawn, an original new game, and engage in topical conversation right away while it's fresh on everyone's mind!

dammit you're right. plus i know my money wont make much of a difference but i want to support games like this. pre-ordered from best buy just now and it'll be delivered by tomorrow... with pre-order DLC included! best buy is the champ

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
How the fuck did the
wolverine
get in the
cabinet

Also, it seems the Butterflys continue to update? I was concerned with
there being only 22

Really curious what this "Stats" menu does to the overall story, since that seems to be where most of the choices are going to go.

I've got this preordered on Amazon UK and there doesn't seem to be an extended edition, only the standard game and the steelbook, but the photo of the standard edition says extended edition... Don't want to miss any of it, does anyone know if they're only doing two versions in the UK?

So happy this turned out to be good. Thought I would end up going back to Heavy Rain for a good game like this, but so glad Supermassive pulled it off.

nib95

Banned
I've got this preordered on Amazon UK and there doesn't seem to be an extended edition, only the standard game and the steelbook, but the photo of the standard edition says extended edition... Don't want to miss any of it, does anyone know if they're only doing two versions in the UK?

This is what I'd like to know too!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Watching this on PS4 streaming, it actually looks like a blast. To bad about the frame rate hitches, but I might have to buy this (never imagined that).

I'd love to see if I could get everyone killed on first playthrough. Probably the most interesting kind of mechanic in a Heavy Rain style experience, so many outcomes I bet.

Reule

When does the pre-order chapter happen exactly? I'm still early on in the game. I have
Mike and Jessica
at the moment. Emily is irritating.

drotahorror

At one point do you start the DLC chapter? Does it blend in automatically as you progress? I just don't want to miss or it play it out of order.

Reule

At one point do you start the DLC chapter? Does it blend in automatically as you progress? I just don't want to miss or it play it out of order.
Same.

PSN is still acting wonky after yesterday's maintenance. Parts of the online portion of the interface doesn't update or load so the DLC wouldn't show up till I checked out another game. Shows as installed for me so I should run into the chapter if it seamlessly blends in where it should, I think?

From what I read in reviews, I'm guessing they need to patch this to slightly more forgiving. But here's a conspiracy theory: They can guess whether you sit your controller down (0 movement) as opposed to holding it. :p

Nope, I put the controller down for some scenes and it worked.

Seems I can't download the pre order chapter even though I did pre order the game...

This is a known issue right now but you don't have to download anything except the unlock key. The DLC is on disc and should be good to go as long as it says Installed in the Add-ons section of the game page on the XMB.

Playing with headphones I think these jump scares are going to kill me!

Definitely, you are a brave, but stupid, soul.

How the fuck did the
wolverine
get in the
cabinet

Also, it seems the Butterflys continue to update? I was concerned with
there being only 22

Really curious what this "Stats" menu does to the overall story, since that seems to be where most of the choices are going to go.

That really pissed me off because there's no way it coud have gotten into the cabin! And yes, the Butterfly Effect system constantly changes as the game goes on.

The stats are pretty useless, I never looked at them. Sometimes it was fun to see how my response affected yhe stats though.

When does the pre-order chapter happen exactly? I'm still early on in the game. I have
Mike and Jessica
at the moment. Emily is irritating.

It happens right or soon after that.

Reule

Got'cha. Thanks, Chalupa. I actually just took control of Sam before we stopped. Hopefully it's after that? We had to stop because everyone is tired. Going to pick it up in the morning.

Top Bottom