• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn, rebuilt and enhanced for PS5 and PC, launches October 4

tommib

This is going to be 79 EUR, just like Part I. Very surprised if it isn't. Might have an upgrade path.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
This is going to be 79 EUR, just like Part I. Very surprised if it isn't. Might have an upgrade path.

Probably $10 just like the other PS4->PS5 upgrades. At least this upgrade will have graphical improvements.

aerts1js

Looks really good? All of the changes are an improvement.. i’d definitely check this out in the 20-30 price range and for new newbies it’s a very fun game.

The first one still looks and runs great (60fps) on ps5.

(The point of me posting this, is not the price, because it hasn't been announced yet. The point is, boring graphical fidelity masturbation, unnecessary re-packing of shit that is perfectly great on its original state, THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE ACCESS TO ON THE PS5)

Last edited:

hinch7

Not played this in years.. might give this remake a go on PC. Visuals upgrades are pretty decent.

Hopefully we get new additions to the game, narratively speaking.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

yurinka

Probably $10 just like the other PS4->PS5 upgrades. At least this upgrade will have graphical improvements.
This is what I'm hoping for. At $10-20 for an upgrade I'd probably bite.
I was hoping for an upgrade path of $10-20 since I never got around to finishing this game.
If this thing is more than $10, its too expensive. The old version still looks great.

This is a remake, and Sony's remakes don't have $10 upgrades. They remade most of it from scratch in a new engine, changed things and added other ones. This is not just the PS5 SKU of a game getting extra resolution or framerate, dual sense support and a few minor tweaks on a couple textures.

That work, plus the PC port, costs money, so make sure they charge pretty likely full price for it (I'd say minimum $50-$60, more likely $70) with no upgrade option. As always, later after some time it will get discounts and price cuts.

Last edited:

tmlDan

im in day one, love this game. I only went through it once before, ill prob do some weird shit to see what happens

digdug2

Meh, UE5. I would have been more interested had it been the latest iteration of Decima, but I guess we'll have to wait for DS2 for that.
People actually have this sentiment toward UE5? If the developer actually uses the engine tools correctly, the games can turn out to be mind-blowing. Look at Black Myth: Wukong, for example.

nowhat

People actually have this sentiment toward UE5? If the developer actually uses the engine tools correctly, the games can turn out to be mind-blowing. Look at Black Myth: Wukong, for example.
Oh, I'm not denying UE5 can look great, it provably does (whether current consoles are able to handle it with decent resolution/framerate is another topic). Just that pretty much everything is UE5 these days, it's nice to have some variation.

raduque

Looks pretty good compared to the original release. I never really played it much. I'd be interested at the $30-40 price point. Edit: On PC. I don't own a PS5 and probably never will.

Last edited:

nikos

Looks like a nice update.

I actually remember the story to this game, which is rare and also unfortunate because it would be fun to experience it again.

Last edited:
Why on earth did they remove all the original artstyle/colorgrade from the game? They added a bunch of color and took away all the cinematic aesthetics to make everything more colorful. Sure, it's better in some ways, but it feels like a lot of the cinematic essence has been completely ruined, imo.

They could easily adjust the color palette and lighting to make it darker and more depressing like the original. Some scenes looks better than OG tho.

Last edited:

skit_data

Gold Member
I didn't know this was remade in UE5, seems to be way more of a graphical upgrade than I anticipated. I'll probably buy it because I haven't played the original despite having it in my library from the PS+ collection.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Good for any folks that have not played it. Its a good time.

Zero reason to go through it for a 4th time personally.
I'm in the same boat, especially if this launches at the expected $70 price point.

If this were a sequel or new entry in the series, I'd be there day one regardless of the price.

nial

Interested in this, but not getting it at launch. I think it will be $40/$50.
Also, I wonder if LEGO Horizon Adventures gets its release date announced at Gamescom ONL?

Top Bottom