• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn, rebuilt and enhanced for PS5 and PC, launches October 4

NickFire

Played it via the PS+ collection after PS5 came out. If they offer a $10 upgrade path for people like me cool (will get it). If they don't offer the upgrade path that's ok too, but I won't be getting it.

yet another remake of a game that i love, that i just don't see the need for...

& just so i understand: this's sony & ballistic moon remaking an exclusive game created by supermassive, in the same way sony/bluepoint remade from's demon's souls?...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks like they've improved some stuff since the last trailer.

TGO

I’ve been quite open to some of the remakes, but I honestly don’t understand this one.
From my understanding this is to reignite the series as Sony wants to continue the series so a sequel is on the cards.
Now I know you're thinking "but I've already played the original so just bring on the sequel"
But others haven't, and this brings it into limelight more then saying "just go play the original"
The studio behind this are also members of the team that did the original.
And just like Capcom, in order to find the way forward you need to go back.

TGO

& just so i understand: this's sony & ballistic moon remaking an exclusive game created by supermassive, in the same way sony/bluepoint remade from's demon's souls?...
Ballistic Moon are actually made up of the original development Team, so it's slightly different.
And they'll obviously be doing a sequel.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I loved this game, having Rami Malek in it was groovy too. Ended up completing it with the most annoying twat still alive, I couldnt believe it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'd give it another run.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Reading some of the replies here makes me wonder if people realize that people who already played the game probably aren't the target audience.

They don't care. Ultimately, they're poor/low income and want things for free because they don't think developers deserve income, especially if they don't have much income.

Someone legitimately said they got this on PS+ and think there should be a 10 dollar upgrade for them....

NickFire

They don't care. Ultimately, they're poor/low income and want things for free because they don't think developers deserve income, especially if they don't have much income.

Someone legitimately said they got this on PS+ and think there should be a 10 dollar upgrade for them....
I did and I stand by it. It certainly wasn’t free, and I’ve already played it. If Sony doesn’t want to give me a cheap replay option no big deal. I just won’t play it again. Value is subjective. And please let me know how the view is from up there on your moral high ground.

Kings Field

Played it five times already and guess what?
ill-fucking-do-it-again-ill-do-it-again.gif

nial

THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE ACCESS TO ON THE PS5
Nothing to do here, remakes shouldn't exist based on the availability of a game on a specific platform given that it's not the same thing, at all. If anything, I'm glad that this isn't a world in which the 2024 remake is our only way to play Until Dawn on PS5.

Mr Hyde

Looks really good. I platinumed Until Dawn on PS4. But if it releases for 70 I'm out. If it comes in at 40 I'll definitely double dip.

TGO

Reading some of the replies here makes me wonder if people realize that people who already played the game probably aren't the target audience.
That's pretty much everyone that moans about remakes.
Myself personally, I do get the thought process behind it.
why would I want to play a game I thought was fantastic again in 10/20 years?
Because you should, unless you literally burnt yourself out in the game when it first released.
It can feel new in some respects
although there is that familiarity, especially when you first start the game and in others parts, sometimes you don't actually remember parts at all until you do something which triggers that memory of it, and that can be fun to experience.
I recently played a game I haven't played in over 20 years, I remember the beginning but everything up until the 5/6 hour mark was new to me and I was like "I remember this part!"
6 hours into the game! 🤣
People should give it go, you'll be surprised how many times you will just pause and think..."I don't remember this 🤔"

TGO

I love Until Dawn and this remake seemed neat at first but now I can't help but feel like it's a complete waste of time and resources. The OG still plays and looks great.
With the new camera system and new locations it might be worth a replay

Seriously. I love this game BUT how in the hell does this get this treatment and The Order 1886 doesn't. Yea, yea I know Ready at Dawn was bought by Facebook and now doesn't exist anymore but Sony owns the IP.

So WTF!?

Last edited:

TheStam

I'll probably get it as I've enjoyed Supermassive's other games released on PC. Is it really that much better than the others like House of Ashes or The Quarry? Or was it just the first one they released?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'll probably get it as I've enjoyed Supermassive's other games released on PC. Is it really that much better than the others like House of Ashes or The Quarry? Or was it just the first one they released?

It’s about on par with The Quarry IMO. It has good actors.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Valonquar

TFW you get a nearly flawless run on 1st playthrough and get robbed by that
part where the wendigo uses a mimiced voice
death near the end...

Last edited:

peronmls

Why can't they do this for Siren: Blood Curse? It had real actors and actual gameplay interacting with enemies with unique mechanics.

rkofan87

Gold Member
From my understanding this is to reignite the series as Sony wants to continue the series so a sequel is on the cards.
Now I know you're thinking "but I've already played the original so just bring on the sequel"
But others haven't, and this brings it into limelight more then saying "just go play the original"
The studio behind this are also members of the team that did the original.
And just like Capcom, in order to find the way forward you need to go back.
wonder if just like capcom they will find a way to make it woke.

TGO

wonder if just like capcom they will find a way to make it woke.
To be fair they don't seem to be anything new in the performances to make it woke, although I heard there are new stuff in it, they're probably unused assets and recordings.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Here's the Until Dawn box art. I'm also not sure if this is the final version, since it seems like only this one retailer I buy my games from has the listing up.

m9ZHvZf.png

PicoLordens

Neo Member
For anyone interested in the Casting of Frank Stone.... it currently has the worst tearing I have seen in a very long time. (PS5). I'm usually not sensitive to tearing or low framerates but this here is so bad it makes me feel like I have to throw up.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

If this thing is more than $10, its too expensive. The old version still looks great.

Agreed. The graphics were not bad at all, and this isn't a game style that benefits from extra frames.

If I hadn't played already and wanted to, I'd grab a copy of the PS4 release instead:

or

Top Bottom