• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Famassu

Keep at it, like any good story it builds the characters first which usually leads to slow start.
I don't usually have a problem with slowly starting narratives, I just don't find the MC's paranoia & delusions of grandeur all that funny/entertaining, I hate these submissive "little sister" type characters and the pervy otaku ain't exactly an interesting character either.

So far the best part has been the talk about time travel and the intrigue of the... attack in the prologue.

Still, as I said, I doubt all the hooplaa about this game is for nothing so I'll push forward despite my lack of enthusiasm after the prologue & (early) Chapter 1.

I don't usually have a problem with slowly starting narratives, I just don't find the MC's paranoia & delusions of grandeur all that funny/entertaining, I hate these submissive "little sister" type characters and the pervy otaku ain't exactly an interesting character either.

So far the best part has been the talk about time travel and the intrigue of the... attack in the prologue.

Still, as I said, I doubt all the hooplaa about this game is for nothing so I'll push forward despite my lack of enthusiasm after the prologue & (early) Chapter 1.

Pretty much everyone feels the same way with the game at first. I actually picked it up, dropped it for a few months and then came back to it. It's now my #1 favourite Vita game haha.

Superfrog

Then I never played a 60 fps 3D handheld game. Does that kind of game really exist? 2,5D stuff don't count, they don't affect framerate too much.

If I remember correctly, Virtua Tennis 4, WRC 4 (bonnet and bumper cam only), Sine Mora and Mortal Kombat all run at 60.

Edit: Yeah, Sine Mora and MK are 2.5D..

OniBaka

Trust us it will be worth it, it took me ages to convince my friend to keep going since the beginning is very slow but now it's his favorite game.

BTA

I'm 11.5 hours in and loving it, its my GOTY (that i've played this year) so far. I love the story.

The only part that has soured me on the game is when Okarin gropes Lukako and was in really bad taste. I don't think the game should have gone there. Even if Okarin is the anti-hero.

The way
Okarin/his narration treats Luka is the worst shit in the game. It does end up handlings things somewhat better than I expected, and you're already past some of the worst bits, but it's gross and I wish people would at least give others the heads up while recommending it. The game's fantastic, but everything around Luka's just... urgh, especially at first.

FFXV moving out helped but CS2, steins:Gate 0, and psycho pass (let alone DQVII). Is going to murder my September...

And I have a baby due Friday... Dad problems (no time to game and all the money to buy)

Is this news?

kHBHzwf.png

good game that would be perfect on Vita

And this one has DLC I wanted, which makes it really fucking shitty

It seems to me like something changed at USK and I can see even future SK games getting banned..

I never thought I'd have to worry about this shit considering how lenient they were in the past

Yeah, this is a common thing now, and I'm willing to bet they'd clamp down on future Senran Kagura games too.

Lucky I live in UK really, but sucks for you guys =/

Yeah, this is a common thing now, and I'm willing to bet they'd clamp down on future Senran Kagura games too.

Lucky I live in UK really, but sucks for you guys =/

Funfact: The Senran Kagura games are rated with a "16"-Rating. Senran Kagura 2 for the 3DS even got a "12"-Rating.

Well, on the other hand Criminal Girls also got a "16"-Rating... so obviously something changed.

Moon Hunters for Vita cancelled

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kitfoxgames/moon-hunters-a-myth-weaving-rpg/posts/1658952

PlayStation Vita Cancelled

We have examined every possible variant of the next few months/years of our lives, and we have sadly decided that releasing the game on PSVita is not going to be a good effort after all. :(

Why? Well, one factor is the engine we're using, but with all of the advantages Unity offers, I'm loathe to seem like I'm complaining about lack of low-level resource control. And one factor is the platform itself, which is more demanding technically than PS4 or desktop, but I'm loathe to seem like I'm complaining about such a beautiful, well-made piece of hardware.

So, the honest and blunt truth is that the only way we could realistically make it work on Vita is to make the game worse. What this means is that when we looked at how to get it running properly, we had to permanently remove the character portraits, real-time shadows, and loading times were absolutely intolerable. And that was just the beginning -- we still had a long, long way to go. So we felt that, with those sacrifices already made, it was unacceptable to reduce the game's quality further.

The upshot is that two years ago, we were arrogant and naive.

I personally apologize, as both the promise and the cancellation are my decision (me, Tanya Short), and ask for your forgiveness. I am sorry.

Please do not harass the Moon Hunters programmers, as they have done their best to work with a difficult situation I put them in.

I hope I have learned from this mistake. I really hope so.

So, this Moon Hunters cancellation is kicking off into quite a thing on Twitter. While I do think devs shouldn't get too much flak for what is at the end of the day a business decision, they're bound to incur the wrath of the Vita fanbase who are rather loud on social media, so it's to be expected.

With that said, whoever is running their Twitter is being quite an idiot with statements like this:

Most outsourced ports are terrible -- you have better odds when the game isn't very complex, but still risky and expensive

I mean, c'mon. They even got Just Add Water (seasoned Vita porters) responding with:

ouch! Gotta say that hurts!

Lol.

On top of that, Vita Lounge magazine pointed out that they interviewed Kitfox back in March about the game coming to the console. Looking back, they were incredibly evasive about how the port was coming, but still, doing press like that for a game they can't be bothered to deliver on (and that's effectively what it boils down to, same problem when so many cancellations I've seen this year - "it'd take effort to optimize it so we're cancelling it") seems pretty low.

Saphirax

So, this Moon Hunters cancellation is kicking off into quite a thing on Twitter. While I do think devs shouldn't get too much flak for what is at the end of the day a business decision, they're bound to incur the wrath of the Vita fanbase who are rather loud on social media, so it's to be expected.

With that said, whoever is running their Twitter is being quite an idiot with statements like this:

I mean, c'mon. They even got Just Add Water (seasoned Vita porters) responding with:

Lol.

On top of that, Vita Lounge magazine pointed out that they interviewed Kitfox back in March about the game coming to the console. Looking back, they were incredibly evasive about how the port was coming, but still, doing press like that for a game they can't be bothered to deliver on (and that's effectively what it boils down to, same problem when so many cancellations I've seen this year - "it'd take effort to optimize it so we're cancelling it") seems pretty low.

Problem is that people funded their KS because they promised the game would get a Vita port and now that they can't deliver they're only offering $15 refunds.

Problem is that people funded their KS because they promised the game would get a Vita port and now that they can't deliver they're only offering $15 refunds.

Yeah, it's a bit different between indie that promised Vita port and didn't deliver (i.e. Energy Hook) than Kickstarter that took money for Vita port and didn't deliver, I guess.

Takao

Banned

I'm going to guess that the Vita version wasn't in any stage of development when that interview was conducted. They likely only began once the PS4 build was almost out the door, which IMO is the wrong way to do things when it's a significantly weaker platform that you've had people financially commit to. Contrast this with Cosmic Star Heroine, another Kickstarter Unity RPG, where it's been made very clear that they've been developing the Vita version in tandem with the others.

Even their PS4 port has issues:

Well, it kept giving me reasons to come back until it turned me away due to its constant technical issues. While Moon Hunters looks fine and has a nice art style, it doesn’t seem like a game that is really pushing the PS4 to its limits. Despite this, the game constantly would freeze for a moment while the game would continue, leaving me vulnerable to enemy attacks and unable to really defend. It’s not unlike the issues that Broforce was plagued with at launch, and it’s very frustrating. Every time the game would send multiple enemies at me, the game would skip frames. This led to me taking damage I didn’t deserve to take, and made the final boss fight even more ridiculous.

The other huge issue is actually an omission. Moon Hunters is meant to be played cooperatively, but there isn’t any online play. Well, not on PlayStation 4, as the PC version does have it. It can be played locally on PlayStation 4, but getting four friends together to fully experience the game as intended isn’t something that will happen often for most.

Moon Hunters is worth playing, just not on PlayStation 4. The lack of online play is a devastating blow to the overall package. Throw in the constant technical issues, and you have a bad port of what is a really interesting game. Check this out on PC if you can, as it’s more fully featured and runs better.

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...s-review-praise-moon-ps4/#VFbbIykQpChmPclK.99

Contrast this with Cosmic Star Heroine, another Kickstarter Unity RPG, where it's been made very clear that they've been developing the Vita version in tandem with the others

Zeboyd should be commended for what they're doing with Cosmic Star Heroine. Open and honest, talking about & showing the Vita version very often.

I seem to remember Robert saying at one point that all the optimization they were putting in for Vita made the game transition very easily to PS4 due to the power increase. I'm surprised more devs haven't cottoned on with this yet.

Think a lot of devs have realized that there's no repurcussions if they kick start a game with a million ports and only deliver a few. why not pull in more people with false promise if you don't see any backlash?

Fortunately I'm a poor fucker so I'm not buying it anyway cx

Shizuka

I'm glad I don't really back games on Kickstarter, then. That is, except for Muv-Luv. I better get that Vita collector's edition next year.

VLiberty

"we are unable to port this game to vita, so let's shit on people who actually work hard and gain great results on the system"

this is a Not A Hero fiasco tier bullshit

sucks for those who gave money for that project expecting to play it on vita.

RK128

Lol.

Ugh X(.

If you can't make your game on Vita, that is fine. But when people are expressing interest in making the damn port for your and you say 'Nah, all porting houses do poor work', that is just disrespectful.

Oh well.

Shizuka

Muv-Luv will be fine. I trust those guys and the campaign was run really professionally.

Slightly more concerned about Root Double.

The Muv Luv campaign was the epitome of professionalism. That's why no only did I break my vow to never back Kickstarters, but I shared it with everybody I knew, including making a thread for it here. It was amazing and I don't think we'll ever get such a dedicated campaign with a Vita goal again.

About Root Double... I think Sekai Project will get it released one way or the other.

Muv Luv is still the only Kickstarter I've ever backed. And I'm very confident about it.

I kinda wish I'd backed Bloodstained though, because I'm worried it'll be the only way to get a physical copy.

BTA

Ehhh, that looks pretty great but I'm hesitant to drop $80 on it compared to $40 before Prime discount. Guess I'll be passing on it.

Takao

Banned
Now Heavy Arm is saying Attack on Titan's physical English SEA has been cancelled again ...

Why do I get the sense they're just randomly going to get copies in stock one day next month?

Shizuka

Ugh, even Play-Asia is more reliable when it comes to these news, it sucks that they can't get a straight confirmation from either the publisher or from Sony.

SarusGray

Very disappointed in the Moon Hunter's announcement regarding the Vita. I bought the Playstation 4 Version in hopes of it being cross-buy but also being interested playing with friends. I find out later that the Playstation 4 Version does not include online multiplayer. "Fine" I say to myself, that's okay. I get to playing the actual game and wow does this game run terrible on the console.

Freezes, skips, and a very lackluster overall game that I had been hyped for since its unveiling. It seemed to have everything it needed to be the game I've wanted for a while but it fell flat. Incredible flat. The campaign being extremely short, the aimless wandering in the map. I'm probably just extremely salty regarding the lack of a Vita version but I felt this game, even with all those flaws would have been a perfect fit for the Vita.

Disappointing to say the least but it further emphasizes supporting amazing developers for games like Cosmic Star Heroine and those who keep their promises of porting their games to Vita. Thank you to those devs still supporting this amazing handheld console!

Top Bottom