• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

https://twitter.com/Ryuz4ki57/status/765307898192916481

I don't understand this latest trend of devs intentionally sabotaging the Vita versions of their games. First Koei Tecmo with Attack on Titan/Toukiden; openly admitting before launch they were running poorly, but now Bamco with SAO as well.

And it's not like the Vita version isn't going to comfortably win in sales in Japan either.

Buck up, Vita devs, and put the effort in to optimize your games.

Ya this is some of the biggest bull in terms of how these companies support the system. Vita will outsell PS4 in Japan, yet they treat their fans like shit because they know they're rabid enough to buy anything they're thrown. It's not even like they don't have the money/devs to spend possibly a few extra months on fixing performance (unlike Falcom/Gust/Compile Heart), they just do not care because they only view fans as dollar signs and know those suckers will keep coming in for more no matter how bad the experience is.

RK128

I don't understand this latest trend of devs intentionally sabotaging the Vita versions of their games. First Koei Tecmo with Attack on Titan/Toukiden; openly admitting before launch they were running poorly, but now Bamco with SAO as well.

And it's not like the Vita version isn't going to comfortably win in sales in Japan either.

Well this lines up with how Lost Song ran on the Vita and that ran mostly fine outside of slowdown & drops when a lot is going on. Not that surprised, considering how 'large' the world seems to be this time out but Hollow Fragment managed to run mostly well despite its larger world....to be fair though, it is a using a PSP engine (half the game is a remake of a PSP SAO game after all).

Still getting it and hopeful it runs on Lost Song's level. The Vita isn't the most powerful thing in the world and when games run poorly on it (or have frame drops at some points) that isn't completely horrible.

Just happy the game is even coming out on the Vita personally, as I cannot afford to buy a PS4 yet.

18-Volt

Many games that were supposed to be < 30 fps turned out just ok: Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Toukiden 2 SAO Lost Song. I'm pretty sure Hollow Realization and World of Final Fantasy will end up same too. HR's developer know Vita hardware very well, they've also made Caligula.

Plus, I don't remember last time I have played a 3D 60 fps game on a handheld. Anything from perfect Vita games to first party Nintendo titles. All 30 fps or less. Ocarina 3D i believe, was 60 fps, but that doesn't count as it was a N64 game originally.

RK128

Many games that were supposed to be < 30 fps turned out just ok: Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Toukiden 2 SAO Lost Song. I'm pretty sure Hollow Realization and World of Final Fantasy will end up same too. HR's developer know Vita hardware very well, they've also made Caligula.

Plus, I don't remember last time I have played a 3D 60 fps game on a handheld. Anything from perfect Vita games to first party Nintendo titles. All 30 fps or less. Ocarina 3D i believe, was 60 fps, but that doesn't count as it was a N64 game originally.

Yep; many sub-30FPS Vita games end up quite playable for me. Lost Song is a good example of this, running at a high 30FPS most of the time with some drops at a few points when things get to frantic.

You bring up a great point too 18-Volt; the team making SAO Hollow Realization know Vita hardware already and can make great looking games.

I don't think OoT 3D was 60FPS at all though; it was 30FPS with some drops at a few points.

18-Volt

I don't think OoT 3D was 60FPS at all though; it was 30FPS with some drops at a few points.

Then I never played a 60 fps 3D handheld game. Does that kind of game really exist? 2,5D stuff don't count, they don't affect framerate too much.

RK128

Then I never played a 60 fps 3D handheld game. Does that kind of game really exist? 2,5D stuff don't count, they don't affect framerate too much.

I think Ratchet: FFA Vita can count, as despite its horrid performance on Vita, it can hit 60FPS at very specific spots in the game.

I honestly can't think of a full 3D game running at 60FPS on Vita but I'm sure many indie titles hit this mark (stuff like Bastion, Gemoentry Wars and other games hit this for example).

Shizuka

If Amazon is to be believed, Sep 9th.

Pre-ordered it from Play-Asia with the GEMATSU coupon, just U$23 with shipping. I'm wondering if the Teslagrad EU Vita print will become rare anytime soon, it's quite cheap at 365games UK. Does anyone know how their shipping is for foreign countries?

18-Volt

I think Ratchet: FFA Vita can count, as despite its horrid performance on Vita, it can hit 60FPS at very specific spots in the game.

I honestly can't think of a full 3D game running at 60FPS on Vita but I'm sure many indie titles hit this mark (stuff like Bastion, Gemoentry Wars and other games hit this for example).

Yeah both are not full 3D games and Bastion had full prerendered backgrounds. Street Fighter 4 3DS achieved this but when 3D was turned off and stages were static. Plus it was a fighting game, it's pretty easy to get 60 fps in one.

Flunkie

Banned
So, real talk, which should I get on Vita? I'm craving a Gundam game despite not ever playing or watching anything from the franchise. Gundam Breaker 3 import or Gundam VS Force? Speaking of performance, is the framerate really as bad as some people say in GB3?

Jimrpg

Started Stein's Gate. So far this hasn't really impressed me. With how nuch love this thing gets, I'm assuming it gets much better.

I'm 11.5 hours in and loving it, its my GOTY (that i've played this year) so far. I love the story.

The only part that has soured me on the game is when Okarin gropes Lukako and was in really bad taste. I don't think the game should have gone there. Even if Okarin is the anti-hero.

VLiberty

That's appeared evident for a while. Unless you're in among the very small number of devs that Gio Corsi can work with, Sony aren't doing shit to incentivize Vita development anymore.

I dunno, Koei-Tecmo are bringing across every PS4 game they can atm. They'll do a Steam port and it'll be fine.

Mutant Mudds is already out in Europe, Attractio I'm not hopeful for though.

It isn't...just uk sadly

and there's no indication of when/if it's coming to other stores.

edit: lol forget about it...it has just been put on the store

Yeah both are not full 3D games and Bastion had full prerendered backgrounds. Street Fighter 4 3DS achieved this but when 3D was turned off and stages were static. Plus it was a fighting game, it's pretty easy to get 60 fps in one.

Bastion has many slowdowns on the Vita. It does run with an uncapped framerate afair, but it does not hold 60fps often.

Snowballo

I'm 11.5 hours in and loving it, its my GOTY (that i've played this year) so far. I love the story.

The only part that has soured me on the game is when Okarin gropes Lukako and was in really bad taste. I don't think the game should have gone there. Even if Okarin is the anti-hero.

What does gropes mean? At what part are u referring to?

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting 60 fps at all. That'd be stupid considering they barely got Hollow Fragment running at 30. At least try and get your game running at 30 though or - at the very least - don't advertise the fact that it's a poor port months ahead of the time.

Just happy the game is even coming out on the Vita personally, as I cannot afford to buy a PS4 yet.

I mean, I'll be getting it on Vita too regardless of performance. Just like I will with Attack on Titan. But it doesn't mean saying things like this is any less of a dick move.

Ya this is some of the biggest bull in terms of how these companies support the system. Vita will outsell PS4 in Japan, yet they treat their fans like shit because they know they're rabid enough to buy anything they're thrown. It's not even like they don't have the money/devs to spend possibly a few extra months on fixing performance (unlike Falcom/Gust/Compile Heart), they just do not care because they only view fans as dollar signs and know those suckers will keep coming in for more no matter how bad the experience is.

Glad at least someone agrees with me.

The big problem I have is just with perceptions towards the console. I get that what they're doing is trying to move users over to the PS4 from Vita, but I honestly just feel the way they're going about it is shit.

Back when we were first getting PS4/Vita multiplats, the advertising seemed to be "PS4 version is great!" for things like Estival Versus/Atelier Sophie etc. So Vita versions were solid efforts, but the better version was undoubtedly PS4.

Now, companies seem to be saying "PS4 version is better! Oh and we're putting no effort into the Vita version" to try and actively steer people away from buying on Vita, rather than encouraging them to buy on PS4. I don't know what's causing it (Sony would be my guess) but it's a crappy tactic.

Made even crappier by the fact that the Vita version is winning in sales every single time.

And although I fully accept that Vita versions are going to be inferior, I can't accept that some of these games are running as well as they can given the circumstances. Nights of Azure's patch proved that a little polish can go a long way.

I am getting the error code c2-12828-1 when running certain games. It seems to happen randomly and I can't even start some games without this error code reoccurring. I tried rebooting and system restore and still get it. Is it a bad 64gb men card or something else? Hope it's not the vita itself?

I haven't formatted yet just because I have a lot of digital games on the card and it would take forever to download them all again. Shall I just get a new card?

Clive

I am getting the error code c2-12828-1 when running certain games. It seems to happen randomly and I can't even start some games without this error code reoccurring. I tried rebooting and system restore and still get it. Is it a bad 64gb men card or something else? Hope it's not the vita itself?

I haven't formatted yet just because I have a lot of digital games on the card and it would take forever to download them all again. Shall I just get a new card?

Can't you make a backup to a PS3/PC first using Content Manager, then format and then transfer the content back? That way you wouldn't have to redownload everything. Transferring does take a lot of time too though when it comes to the Vita.

Another thing that may be worth a shot is trying to rebuild the database following the steps here.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thanks for the suggestions :) I'll stick with Pinball Arcade for now since its the one I got for free, plus I'm really loving the tables included (I've managed to clear all the normal missions bar the Harem Multi Ball on the Arabian Nights table). I'm tempted to grab the first season pass so I can go after a few more of the trophies (and because I've got some left over credit to spend.) Its an incredibly addictive time waster that's for sure, but I do love the production values on it as well.

Yeah i think it's a good decision, if there are free trials try some zen pinball tables though.

A little curiosity, Pinball Fantasies was made by Digital Illusion, now known as DICE(battlefield, mirror's edge etc).

EDIT:
sorry for the DP

Part of the JP trip my friend was on = vita games for me. Latest haul part 1:

aZiB.png

Not pictured: 64 gb card (FINALLY). loads of OSTs for vita games.

Saphirax

God Eater:R
God Eater 2 RB
Cold Steel 2
Psycho-pass
MeiQ

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Some decisions will have to be made.
CS2 and GE day 1 tho.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
great, now that they finished cold steel II they'll be able to work on ao no kiseki and zero no kiseki, although they still have Ys 8 and the Third

the more falcom games we get, the better

Saphirax

Sigh. I might pass on psycho pass and Meiq for the time being. I have the psycho pass CE on preorder right now.

Not too sold on MeiQ. Would like to see some actual gameplay that's longer than 2 minutes :p.

Also, S;G 0 has a September placeholder as well.

I'm glad FFXV got delayed.

Shizuka

God Eater:R
God Eater 2 RB
Cold Steel 2
Psycho-pass
MeiQ

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Some decisions will have to be made.
CS2 and GE day 1 tho.

Add Criminal Girls 2, Valkyrie Drive, Dragon Quest VII, Lumo, Project Diva X, Attack on Titan, Read-Only Memories, all Vita releases from LRG, potentially Steins;Gate 0 and that's my list.

Decisions *will* be made indeed.

Not too sold on MeiQ. Would like to see some actual gameplay that's longer than 2 minutes :p.

Also, S;G 0 has a September placeholder as well.

I'm glad FFXV got delayed.

I am as well. I can now easily buy both versions of Yokai Watch 2 that day instead of 1 standard and 1 deluxe copy of FFXV.

Yurp saving the day haha. November will be a better month for me.

Valkyrie Drive on the 16th for me, then Attack on Titan on the 30th. If Steins;Gate makes it in September I'll get that too.

jzbluz

Ended up loosing my copy of ToCS1 before I could finish it, so while I'm buying the sequel day 1, who knows when I'll get to play it. The only other games I have preordered for my Vita are Exist Archive and Yomawari. I'm planning on eventually picking up Project Diva X, Akibas Beat, Root Letter, and Steins; Gate 0, but not this year.

Shizuka

Just got MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death for review today. Since it doesn't have an embargo date, I'm open to questions about it if anybody has any.

Just got MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death for review today. Since it doesn't have an embargo date, I'm open to questions about it if anybody has any.

What does the patch do and are the crashing issues still there after installing said patch? Not sure if you have to download it or if it comes pre installed, but it's v1.01 with the patch.

Shizuka

Tell me everything.

Everything.

I'm only at the beginning, but the first impression of the cast is that each girl fills a very specific and standard JRPG trope, nothing new or refreshing looking at the cast. Still, it's something you can expect from Compile Heart and the art is actually pretty.

Saphirax

I'm only at the beginning, but the first impression of the cast is that each girl fills a very specific and standard JRPG trope, nothing new or refreshing looking at the cast. Still, it's something you can expect from Compile Heart and the art is actually pretty.

Goes hand in hand. Not that I expect much from CH when it comes to characters. As long as it doesn't get insultingly bad it should be okay.

Wonder why there's no review embargo. Still, interested in hearing impressions. May day-1 it just because they're bringing it across and I didn't expect it.

Few more questions:

How is the music?
How is the English voice acting? Is it a full dub or half the Japanese one like most of their other localizations?
How is the difficulty? Is it Demon Gaze/Ray Gigant easy, or is it more in line with DT/SoSC (minus the perma death)?

Top Bottom