• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Ok bought Airship Q and Puyo Puyo tetris for Vita from my friend in Japan. What else is import friendly?

I already have IAVT, PDX, Taiko, Hotline Miami collected, clannad.

Trails FC Evo is expensive :X

Shizuka

C8Nwz9h.jpg

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Is the Gal Gun Mr. Happiness Edition the worst LE?
It's just all the items thrown into the box with a random piece of brown tissue paper.

And the damn box is huge.
I'm getting tired of these LEs but my damn OCD stops me from giving up on them.

Redditor does what Sony should've done but didn't: release a 20th Anniversary themed device that actually plays PSone games

https://i.imgur.com/lKM5rmx.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

That's pretty neat.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Mobile Suit Gundam Battle SEED Destiny

What are the major differences between this, VS Extreme and the Breaker games? (Disregarding the import friendly aspect)

A few kind folks recommended them on the previous page but I'm not sure what's best. Personally looking to prioritise performance and smooth gameplay over most things. Customisation options and general gameplay are important but I hate impulse buying a new game and finding it has slowdown!

Is the Gal Gun Mr. Happiness Edition the worst LE?
It's just all the items thrown into the box with a random piece of brown tissue paper.

And the damn box is huge.
I'm getting tired of these LEs but my damn OCD stops me from giving up on them.

That's pretty neat.

The Japanese Gal*Gun LE was just as bad for entirely different reasons.

It was like $30 extra for a crappy cardboard slip cover and a piece of paper with a DLC code. That was the extent of its 'extras'.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
2+2 thank you for your suggestions!

I'm not sure of the differences between recent Gundam games (VS, SEED and Breaker), but I'll do a bit more research and keep my eyes open. Didn't know I wanted a Gundam game until you all mentioned them!

As for the others, I Googled all of them, and while I'm not really the visual novel type, I do have a soft spot for JRPGs and TBS if they're well polished so I'll see if any fit the budget.

I wouldn't mind spending a minimal amount on something I have no idea about, as then the risk is less and I feel good about broadening my horizons. Will keep what you said in mind as I browse COMG this week :)

I'll add few words to help:

Ukyo no roushi:samurai action game
shin kamaitachi no yoru: think of a serious danganronpa(mistery VN with gameplay)
Shin Hayarigami 1&2: horror VN
Utawarerumono: false mask & Utawarerumono: The Two Hakuoros: turn based jrpg/srpg
hero must die(maybe it will be localized?): turn based jrpg
uppers(maybe it will be localized?): beat'em up similar to 90's one
net hight(maybe it will be localized?): social network danganronpa(no homicides)
digimon world(it will be localized for sure): jrpg
chaos ring trilogy: jrpg
phantasy star nova: futuristic hunting game
Luminous Arc Infinity: turn based jrpg/srpg
Tokushu Houdoubu: mistery VN
time travellers: time travel VN(really? lol)

Seeing pictures of the stores in JP and the used game sections for Vita. I think ill need 1 suitcase just for Vita stuff if I go there.

Same here. I'd imagine I'd end up grabbing anything I'd be remotely interested in playing that didn't have tons of text (so anything bar complicated RPG's or VN's).

That said, I'm currently "playing" through Time Travellers with a vid guide at the moment as the plot intrigued me. Its more of an interactive adventure game than a VN which helps. Its a pretty good game from what I've seen so far, pity it never got an English release.

Unrelated to the above, does anyone have any opinions on the best Pinball game for the Vita? I've got Pinball arcade and that's a lot of fun, but how does that compare to Zen Pinball 2?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Same here. I'd imagine I'd end up grabbing anything I'd be remotely interested in playing that didn't have tons of text (so anything bar complicated RPG's or VN's).

That said, I'm currently "playing" through Time Travellers with a vid guide at the moment as the plot intrigued me. Its more of an interactive adventure game than a VN which helps. Its a pretty good game from what I've seen so far, pity it never got an English release.

Unrelated to the above, does anyone have any opinions on the best Pinball game for the Vita? I've got Pinball arcade and that's a lot of fun, but how does that compare to Zen Pinball 2?

I'm not a pinball expert or whatever so pick my opinion as is, i know that zen pinball is praised everywhere and most of the people will probably say that's better than Pinball Arcade, but honestly zen pinball feel like toy pinball to me while pinball arcade feel more like a real pinball, in any case there are many zen pinball free trials IIRC so you are free to try.

IIRC there's Pinball Fantasies port in the minis section, buy that and experience some of the most awesome tables and music ever, it's worth just for the intro theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6z6sSP8kdE

and the best table + theme ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRLhyObYbQo

EDIT:
here's the psp minis version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTmzkFqTqgc

What are the major differences between this, VS Extreme and the Breaker games? (Disregarding the import friendly aspect)

A few kind folks recommended them on the previous page but I'm not sure what's best. Personally looking to prioritise performance and smooth gameplay over most things. Customisation options and general gameplay are important but I hate impulse buying a new game and finding it has slowdown!

Breaker games have performance issues. Get worse as they go on, with 3 being the worst. With that said, nothing game-breaking.

Extreme Vs. Force has performed okay for me so far.

Haven't played SEED, but I heard it's fine.

That's not a happy face. It's the face of pure agony knowing we'll never get to see any of those games localized (Besides the C;R FD that is).

Am surprised Nil Admirari is already getting a sequel.

I think it's impressive that we've gotten 4 otome games confirmed for 2016 to be honest. Considering in the past 4 years of Vita's life we've had 3 in total, it's certainly better than it has been :p

Whether it continues beyond that is another story. I hope so.

Takao

Banned
I asked the developers behind the Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap remake if they'd be interested in doing a Vita version and got this in response:

Hi! We love our Vita very much and believe it would be a good fit :), but at this point we still working out our console targets. Being a small team we may not be able to bring the game to so many platforms. Stay tuned for more news!

The other Wonderboy game, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, seems possible for Vita as well, but the publisher is reluctant to confirm anything until after seeing PS4 sales data.

Coda

Picked up Uppers the other day, it's really good if you love beat em ups of the yester year but wanted to see the genre evolve as well. Once you unlock more characters the game gets zanier and more intense and the levels are short and sweet so it's a perfect pick up and play for 30 minute type of game. The game also has a really fun and deep counter system by pressing the L button at the right times kind of similar to the Batman games by Rocksteady. The fan service and pervy aspects are a little much but the game play makes up for it. It's a great import for beat 'em up fans who own a Vita.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'll add few words to help:

Breaker games have performance issues. Get worse as they go on, with 3 being the worst. With that said, nothing game-breaking.

Extreme Vs. Force has performed okay for me so far.

Haven't played SEED, but I heard it's fine.

Thank you both and to others who replied. I have plenty to think about! (Very long-winded impulse buy, I know hehe)

Takao

Banned
I asked the developers behind the Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap remake if they'd be interested in doing a Vita version and got this in response:

The other Wonderboy game, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, seems possible for Vita as well, but the publisher is reluctant to confirm anything until after seeing PS4 sales data.

The Dragon's Trap dev responded to a comment saying "that means no:"

We have to figure out how much overhead it will take us. Or maybe we can work with someone specialized in releasing Vita stuff, etc. Porting the game itself is quite easy and I have Vita experience (I programmed the gameplay/tools for Tearaway Vita). The problem is that even when your game appears to work on a platform there's lot of overhead and details involved into releasing it, testing it, putting it on store. Suddently 1 month of work becomes 4 months, etc. If there is interest on Sony's side maybe we can work with someone to help doing it.

Sorry, but Sony isn't helping anyone bring stuff to Vita anymore.

autoduelist

Does anyone know anything about that Gundam srpg? I see that i would need to import it. Worthwhile? I don't know anything about it... but the idea of srpg + mechs sounds great.

Also... a Dynasty Warrior srpg? Am I reading that right?

Does anyone know anything about that Gundam srpg? I see that i would need to import it. Worthwhile? I don't know anything about it... but the idea of srpg + mechs sounds great.

Also... a Dynasty Warrior srpg? Am I reading that right?
Don't know if the dynasty warriors srpg will get localised. It bombed in Japan. It has nice box art though

Too focused on japanese games though... Just a dozen or less of the upcoming indie games and there are some missing from the released list.

The list is primarily for people who are into Japanese games though, as they've been the target audience for the system for a while now. The only indies listed are the higher profile ones that people actually know about (ie may actually sell decently well, unlike many of the others yet to be released) and are confirmed to not be canceled.

Sorry, but Sony isn't helping anyone bring stuff to Vita anymore.

That's appeared evident for a while. Unless you're in among the very small number of devs that Gio Corsi can work with, Sony aren't doing shit to incentivize Vita development anymore.

Don't know if the dynasty warriors srpg will get localised. It bombed in Japan. It has nice box art though

I dunno, Koei-Tecmo are bringing across every PS4 game they can atm. They'll do a Steam port and it'll be fine.

I'm looking forward to Hue, Shu, Shantae 4, forma.8 and others(Mutant Mudds SC and Attractio in europe, other games that I'm afraid will be canceled etc)

Mutant Mudds is already out in Europe, Attractio I'm not hopeful for though.

zeyadzoz

Neo Member
https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/761547479254827011

Bluemaxima is already kicking up a fuss about this (rightfully so).

The expanded version of Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence is releasing in the west in October for PS4/PC. The game is available on Vita and released day-and-date with the PS4/PS4 versions in Japan.

Dunno why they're not releasing the Vita version too. I'd say it's out of character for Koei Tecmo, but they did the same with Nights of Azure. However, that was Gust which are a small team (and they cited difficulties scheduling the translation to be inserted) whereas Nobunaga's is developed by a big team and has no such problems that I'm aware of.

Please make some noise for this on Twitter if you're interested. I'd kill to have some Grand Strategy on a handheld in English. It would be such a novelty and likely something that'd never leave my console.

I'm quite surprised that they released the vita version only in Japan. KOEI has always released more games (or sometimes just earlier) in Japan & China. But releasing a game on the PS4 & PC and omitting the vita is quite weird indeed.

I'm quite surprised that they released the vita version only in Japan. KOEI has always released more games (or sometimes just earlier) in Japan & China. But releasing a game on the PS4 & PC and omitting the vita is quite weird indeed.

Yup. Pretty sad. I was hoping Asia English would happen. It still might j guess. Let's see

Also this NASOI:A is already on steam so they just need to patch in the translation.

So KT has released sw4-2, dynasty warriors next, deception blood ties and nightmare princess. What else am I missing barring dynasty 8 empires that play Asia isn't listing for some reason. I need to buy it.

Edit I meant physical for the paragraph above

I'm not a pinball expert or whatever so pick my opinion as is, i know that zen pinball is praised everywhere and most of the people will probably say that's better than Pinball Arcade, but honestly zen pinball feel like toy pinball to me while pinball arcade feel more like a real pinball, in any case there are many zen pinball free trials IIRC so you are free to try.

IIRC there's Pinball Fantasies port in the minis section, buy that and experience some of the most awesome tables and music ever, it's worth just for the intro theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6z6sSP8kdE

and the best table + theme ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRLhyObYbQo

EDIT:
here's the psp minis version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTmzkFqTqgc

Thanks for the suggestions :) I'll stick with Pinball Arcade for now since its the one I got for free, plus I'm really loving the tables included (I've managed to clear all the normal missions bar the Harem Multi Ball on the Arabian Nights table). I'm tempted to grab the first season pass so I can go after a few more of the trophies (and because I've got some left over credit to spend.) Its an incredibly addictive time waster that's for sure, but I do love the production values on it as well.

Yup. Pretty sad. I was hoping Asia English would happen. It still might j guess. Let's see

Also this NASOI:A is already on steam so they just need to patch in the translation.

So KT has released sw4-2, dynasty warriors next, deception blood ties and nightmare princess. What else am I missing barring dynasty 8 empires that play Asia isn't listing for some reason. I need to buy it.

Edit I meant physical for the paragraph above

I can't see KTE releasing a game like this in Asian-English that doesn't get stuck on PSN at least in the west. Would make no sense.

Re. Koei Tecmo games, the one you're missing is Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, lol.

They also have the Toukiden games but they're also available in the west. Speaking of, there's no way Toukiden 2 is getting a physical release on Vita in the west, I hope they do an Asian-English physical release.

I can't see KTE releasing a game like this in Asian-English that doesn't get stuck on PSN at least in the west. Would make no sense.

Re. Koei Tecmo games, the one you're missing is Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, lol.

They also have the Toukiden games but they're also available in the west. Speaking of, there's no way Toukiden 2 is getting a physical release on Vita in the west, I hope they do an Asian-English physical release.
Got DOAX3 and toukiden kiwami. Don't see any point in buying the original toukiden. Thanks.

redcrayon

The list is primarily for people who are into Japanese games though, as they've been the target audience for the system for a while now. The only indies listed are the higher profile ones that people actually know about (ie may actually sell decently well, unlike many of the others yet to be released) and are confirmed to not be canceled.
Bloodstained for 2017 seems like an odd omission though.

Excited for God Wars, that looks pretty cool.

Weevilone

Is it straying too far off topic to ask what card case you guys use to store all these Vita games in? I used to buy the Hori 24 card case, but that's out of print and super expensive now.

Takao

Banned

I think it really just boils down to KT's smaller teams not having the resources to do localization programming on every version. The most questionable unlocalized port is an Xbox One version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII. They made a version of the game exclusive to a userbase of 50,000 lol.

i-Jest

Kind of random but I wish I could play The Sword of Etheria on my Vita. I'd love to be able to buy and play it in the West for PS4, but I'd like to have it for my portable.

https://twitter.com/Ryuz4ki57/status/765307898192916481

#Facepalm #SAOHR producer said that #PSVita version wasn't ready to be shown and that "you should expect < 30 fps"

I don't understand this latest trend of devs intentionally sabotaging the Vita versions of their games. First Koei Tecmo with Attack on Titan/Toukiden; openly admitting before launch they were running poorly, but now Bamco with SAO as well.

And it's not like the Vita version isn't going to comfortably win in sales in Japan either.

Buck up, Vita devs, and put the effort in to optimize your games.

jzbluz

https://twitter.com/Ryuz4ki57/status/765307898192916481

I don't understand this latest trend of devs intentionally sabotaging the Vita versions of their games. First Koei Tecmo with Attack on Titan/Toukiden; openly admitting before launch they were running poorly, but now Bamco with SAO as well.

And it's not like the Vita version isn't going to comfortably win in sales in Japan either.

Buck up, Vita devs, and put the effort in to optimize your games.

I guess it's so ppl stop asking for Vita versions?

Famassu

Started Stein's Gate. So far this hasn't really impressed me. With how nuch love this thing gets, I'm assuming it gets much better.

Top Bottom