• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

yaffi

Now I can kinda understand why Valkyrie Drive is running into problems:

https://twitter.com/jpgames_de/status/766281986503770112

CqJhVOuW8AAjWcs.jpg:large

http://techraptor.net/content/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-banned-germany

Update – We have received a reply from PQube regarding the game’s refused classification in Germany:

"I don’t really have a lot I can tell you at this point. We only found it about the situation shortly before we all headed to Gamescom.

We don’t know yet what exactly caused them to refuse classification. Naturally, losing the German territory is a big deal, as it’s the second biggest market in Europe. From what we can tell, it would have been for similar reasons that Criminal Girls was refused."

We’re still waiting on a reply from the USK. Once again, we’ll continue to update you as we learn more.

I feel really bad for them. PQube have really hit hard with these localizations in the past year or so, taking a gamble on a number of games that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise. For them to be losing out in the second biggest market in their home continent... must really sting. I hope all you German guys and gals get to importing the game.

I've got every PQube game on pre-order going forward. It's not much, but I really feel they deserve my support. While NISA & XSEED have kinda faded away in terms of what they're doing for Vita (still there, but not as prominent as before); Aksys & PQube have exploded, and I love them for it.

http://techraptor.net/content/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-banned-germany

I feel really bad for them. PQube have really hit hard with these localizations in the past year or so, taking a gamble on a number of games that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise. For them to be losing out in the second biggest market in their home continent... must really sting. I hope all you German guys and gals get to importing the game.

I've got every PQube game on pre-order going forward. It's not much, but I really feel they deserve my support. While NISA & XSEED have kinda faded away in terms of what they're doing for Vita (still there, but not as prominent as before); Aksys & PQube have exploded, and I love them for it.
I think a good number of people will import, but what will hurt most is losing out on digital and DLC sales and there's no way around that :(

It's possible to appeal to a USK rating and even send a representative to the USK to make your case. Not sure if they're already past that or if they will bother though. NISA didn't.

CG2 is one thing but the VD ban makes no sense after getting all SK games.

Nah, imo the real reason is the semi-incest, remember that the two main characters are sisters that kiss(and touch?) each other everytime they fight.
No, if anything it's the underage characters. If incest was a problem Game of Thrones would be banned.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
No, if anything it's the underage characters. If incest was a problem Game of Thrones would be banned.

Videogames never had the same treatment as TV, movies or all the rest, those are form of "art" so they can do more or less everything, videogames are considered as "toys"(children toys to be more exact, despite the classifications) and so they don't have the same freedom.

I think a good number of people will import, but what will hurt most is losing out on digital and DLC sales and there's no way around that :(

It's possible to appeal to a USK rating and even send a representative to the USK to make your case. Not sure if they're already past that or if they will bother though. NISA didn't.

CG2 is one thing but the VD ban makes no sense after getting all SK games.

If the game is not on the "Index" you can release the game on the PSN, even without a USK-Rating. There are several games which went that route recently. Carmageddon for example.

Videogames never had the same treatment as TV, movies or all the rest, those are form of "art" so they can do more or less everything, videogames are considered as "toys"(children toys to be more exact, despite the classifications) and so they don't have the same freedom.
That's not true, especially not in Germany. Movies cant do everything either. I can give you examples of games with incest too if you really want. Trust me that's not the issue. The "movies are art" exception only works for depictions of Nazism.

From all statements PQube has given the reasoning of the USK is similar to that given for CG2
If the game is not on the "Index" you can release the game on the PSN, even without a USK-Rating. There are several games which went that route recently. Carmageddon for example.
Hmm I wasnt aware of that. I hope PQube is though. I really want that DLC!

yaffi

Nah, imo the real reason is the semi-incest, remember that the two main characters are sisters that kiss(and touch?) each other everytime they fight.

Yeah, I was joking.

Honestly, as long as I can import the game, I'm fine. Also I'm using a US account anyway.

If the underage characters thing had been a problem though, two Senran Kagura games would probably have not been rated there.

Imo, USK seems to be taking a hardline stance with this going forward. 3 games banned in the space of a couple of months? Seems very extreme.

Considering importing uppers. Thoughts? Also any idea where I should order from for that magazine to come with the game? I've seen it in some unboxing.

Considering importing uppers. Thoughts? Also any idea where I should order from for that magazine to come with the game? I've seen it in some unboxing.

Eh, the game is a decent time waster but it gets repetitive fast. And a guide is imprescindible to get the most from the game. Personally I'd wait for a sale to get it.

The magazine is a first print bonus so it should come with the game regardless the retailer. Just make sure the listing says bonus is included.

Zeboyd should be commended for what they're doing with Cosmic Star Heroine. Open and honest, talking about & showing the Vita version very often.

I seem to remember Robert saying at one point that all the optimization they were putting in for Vita made the game transition very easily to PS4 due to the power increase. I'm surprised more devs haven't cottoned on with this yet.

Slight correction - I got the game working on PS4 before the Vita version, but the optimization I made for the Vita version made the PS4 version perform extremely well (and it's not like the PS4 version was performing badly to begin with).

Takao

Banned
Corecell is bringing a Thai indie game called Wanderjahr to the North American store on August 31st:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3pkWx9qLqI (turn down your speaker volume)
Trophies: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5193-Wanderjahr

Wanderjahr – Geek Game EVER

PS Vita Store release date confirmed at 31 August

Hi Everybody

It is Corecell Again, while we are busying making our new game.

We are happy to introduce our new title “Wanderjahr” from our partner Workyrie Company. The game will hit North America PSN Store for PS Vita this 31 August 2016.

What make we love “Wanderjahr” enough to bring it to console is,

It is totally geek-centric game with a bunch of deep down contents such as RPG point & click game. You can play up to 18 characters with different roles, fight against tricky monsters in very challenging battles, solve the mysterious quests, and discover the beautiful and inspirational story.

The most impressive point of this game is “real game source code” had been shown inside the game as a part of the story telling and as a hint for player. I can say it is the craziest idea that I’ve ever seen.

“First game ever to let’s player enjoy finding hint in source code!!!”

Geek-idea only! (Some source code will be provide in encyclopedia mode)

WpjThn (developer) said “One of my secret intention in this game is I want to spread out the trend of Coding Era and find the real gamer. Cause we are living in the world of computer machine surround us, we should understand how to command it.“

More than that, one of interesting thing about Wanderjahr is, all the game source code was developed by one man who patience enough to polish this game for 4.5 years.

This crazy idea is not hit much in Steam players, but I believe that PlayStation player is totally different. Wanderjahr on PS Vita comes with new features that doesn’t have on PC version, totally new wide screen interface, Hi-definition graphic and rebalancing the game.

Then Wanderjahr will be waiting for you in PS Vita PSN store on 31 August 2016.

Don’t miss to prove yourself geek with this game. #ProveItYourself

Check out game page here

https://www.facebook.com/WanderJahrGame/

#Wanderjahr

————————————————————————————

Wanderjahr tells the story of UN Jariya, a global organization charged with maintaining world order and peace. You see, a hundred years ago, the Universal Source Code was discovered – and its secrets and structure was the key to create a better universe in harmony and peace. With changes, updates and tweaking, the code could be improved to create a better existence to all, but alas, when you least expect it, two weeks before you are done, evil shows its ugly face, and monsters appear in droves with the intent to destroy everything you have worked for. Is this a coincidence?

Cheesy theme song, lackluster anime style, confusing battle mechanics and wildly big numbers...

Looks fun! If it's sub $10 I'll probably grab it when it released.

Eh, the game is a decent time waster but it gets repetitive fast. And a guide is imprescindible to get the most from the game. Personally I'd wait for a sale to get it.

The magazine is a first print bonus so it should come with the game regardless the retailer. Just make sure the listing says bonus is included.
Alright thanks.

Saphirax

ToI should've been localized tbh. Do we know if ToH underperformed?

Also interested in UnR. Do post impressions when you get around to it. Would like to import it one of these days if it's good.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed we never got Innocence R. It was like our last chance to get that story in the west and although I've heard mixed things about the plot, it's still Tales and I'd loved to have played it. It's another one I'll probably import and muddle through it with a translation guide for the DS version.

Re. Hearts R, I don't think we ever got any solid data, but I think the fact that it was a Gamestop exclusive in the USA and never got a reprint; combined with the fact that it doesn't have a whole of lot ratings on the store, probably means that it only did alright at best. There didn't seem to be much hype for it at the time which was a shame, although it was being overshadowed by Xillia 2.

For Ukiyo no Roushi, I'll absolutely post impressions when I get round to it. There's literally NO translation help out there for it other than a minor forging guide on gamefaqs, so I'm going to have to muddle through with google translate as best I can haha.

Ephidel

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....vita-localizations-that-should-have-happened/

Might as well throw it a quick link here too, I listed my top 10 Vita localizations that should've happened and wrote a ridiculously long article about it.
Great read, very interesting to hear your impressions on missed opportunities and the like and see some of the other games you think would be interesting.
I do think you might have stretched the bounds of a top ten list a little though ;)

But erm, just to be that person - the vita version of Black Wolves Saga hasn't actually come out yet and isn't due to hit until next year, so if you're only including games where 'window of opportunity for localization has closed' on your list it probably shouldn't be there. Not yet, anyway.
(... or maybe I'm just clinging to false hope. I mean, I'm still hoping that Period Cube getting picked up is a good sign for BWS because of the art link :|)

But erm, just to be that person - the vita version of Black Wolves Saga hasn't actually come out yet and isn't due to hit until next year, so if you're only including games where 'window of opportunity for localization has closed' on your list it probably shouldn't be there. Not yet, anyway.
(... or maybe I'm just clinging to false hope. I mean, I'm still hoping that Period Cube getting picked up is a good sign for BWS because of the art link :|)

That... is a very good point. I listed it without thinking really, because it's my next-most-wanted otome game after Psychedelica. I'll edit it when I get home.

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....vita-localizations-that-should-have-happened/

Might as well throw it a quick link here too, I listed my top 10 Vita localizations that should've happened and wrote a ridiculously long article about it.
Great article! I would love, love, love to have those "lost" VNs brought over.
No Tales of Innocence or Phantasy Star is my biggest disappointment with the platform, tbh.
I imported Phantasy Star Nova and it's alright if a touch above my Japanese level. The Phantasy Star Online and Universe games are some of my all time favorites so losing out on a localized version of that and PSO2 really hurts.
ToI is sad due to the aforementioned Hearts R localization. I played it through on DS and it was fab. Loved it. So the chance to support its localization and play through again would have been super welcome.

incpdo

This is super interesting , well done! It's incredible the love this platform has from fans. I cannot find the same amount of dedicated channels in YouTube for any other portable in the industry , that's something to say. The PR of the system are the fans and that's not awesome because sony didn't take care of it , but it is admirable from every fan that dedicates time for this.
So in conclusion, I enjoy a lot the article .

jzbluz

I wish Aksys would have localized Ukiyo no Roushi instead of those two 3ds games that no one bought. And I'm still not giving up hope that we get Utawarerumono.

As for BWS, I could have sworn that Aksys had expressed interested in the psp version but it turned out that Hakuoki's editor was interested in it and he doesn't even work there anymore (I think).

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/15/aksys-chats-about-sweet-fuse-and-the-state-of-the-otome-market/

Are there any otome games that you personally want to localize?

Does Duel Love count?

I’m honestly a little reluctant to drop any names here, because I don’t know that much about most of the games I know of, but bearing that in mind: The Black Wolves Saga games look kind of interesting, because it seems like they’re all about weird supernatural lycanthrope power politics—which sounds awesome—and I’d kind of like to do Toki no Kizuna, since it’s about demons which are also awesome. Unfortunately those are both PSP titles, and even if I started on them tomorrow, they probably wouldn’t be out until next year, at which point the PSP will be…long past its “sell by date.” But you never know!

Funnily enough, Toki no Kizuna was localized but as a mobile game in the Shall We Date? series.

No Tales of Innocence or Phantasy Star is my biggest disappointment with the platform, tbh.

Tales is one of my favourite series (even after all the push-back with what it's become lately), so no Innocence R is a bummer. Phantasy Star is just... it was like, the big title the console was getting in 2014 in Japan, yet we never saw it in the west. Especially weird since Gio seems to have developed a good relationship with SEGA (through the Yakuza games). *shrug*

Great list, although I'd probably add "NIS visual novels" or "Prototype visual novels" into that mix.

You've just reminded me of Fuuraiki 3. I would have loved that game. But that's the nichest of niche things.

Prototype games - I'm still very hopeful we're getting Clannad & Grisaia. Although Rewrite & Little Busters would be lovely too (even if I spoiled myself on the latter)

This is super interesting , well done! It's incredible the love this platform has from fans. I cannot find the same amount of dedicated channels in YouTube for any other portable in the industry , that's something to say. The PR of the system are the fans and that's not awesome because sony didn't take care of it , but it is admirable from every fan that dedicates time for this.
So in conclusion, I enjoy a lot the article .

<3. Fanbase is awesome, so passionate and feels like a real community. And Vita is the only console I've ever felt like this with, where I actively want to support everything about it.

Dunno what it is. I think it's the 'underdog' factor combined with the library that's just incredible. I think if I had known about Dreamcast back in the day I'd probably have a similar passion.

I wish Aksys would have localized Ukiyo no Roushi instead of those two 3ds games that no one bought. And I'm still not giving up hope that we get Utawarerumono.

As for BWS, I could have sworn that Aksys had expressed interested in the psp version but it turned out that Hakuoki's editor was interested in it and he doesn't even work there anymore (I think).

I'd already forgotten Aksys localized that SRPG lol. That one seemed to really crater. Nice read about BWS, so there's a chance I guess (although if the editor has left, I guess that hurts chances more).

Btw, I've no idea how legitimate this is, but there was some discussion in the Media Create thread about Vita remodel/successor, and this post came up from Vena:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=214473588&postcount=190

This is the source:
http://bbs.a9vg.com/forum.php?mod=vi...1444953&page=1

Which is posted by the same person who posted this leak on the slim from June:
http://bbs.a9vg.com/forum.php?mod=vi...thorid=1444953

It says something psp-like entered production, and was posted a few days ago.

There's no way in hell I can see a Vita successor being announced and I really don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I thought it was worth sharing. Possibly Vita 3000?

Btw, I've no idea how legitimate this is, but there was some discussion in the Media Create thread about Vita remodel/successor, and this post came up from Vena:

There's no way in hell I can see a Vita successor being announced and I really don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I thought it was worth sharing. Possibly Vita 3000?

Well whatever it is (or isn't), if it's something that supports standard SD storage, I'm in.

18-Volt

This can be three things:

1- Vita revamp. Vita still sells well in Japan, maybe sony wanted to do more compact version. SD support, smaller, thinner.

2- Rumored Trinity. Brand new handheld or portable PS3. Or another gaming Xperia phone (highly unlikely as Sony is more dissatisfied with Xperia than they are with Vita).

3- They meant NX. This is the least likely one as this sounds like Sony ordered device. Plus, known NX description is nothing like PSP.

Seriously who else can order a PSP like device out of all Foxconn's clients? Samsung? Apple? I can think of none. This is definitely Sony's doing.

jzbluz

I've been thinking of importing another Vita for when mine bites the dust (I've already had to replace a thumbstick), so I would buy a Vita 3000 as long as we get another color apart from black. Or if it has SD support since my 64gb is already full. Not sure if I want a Vita successor.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
the possibility that excites me the most with a vita 2 is a sequel to soul sacrifice and freedom wars(god eater and toukiden are already safe)

monster hunter is on its 5th iteration and from what i hear it is monster hunting heaven now, that's why i think, if given the chance, sequels of theses games could be great and even become what monster hunter is for 3ds

incpdo

If they made a Vita with SD support I'd sell mine and buy it instantly. Can't be doing with this 64GB max size nonsense.

PSP came out in 2004 , in 2008 we got monster hunter , monster hunter alone changed the entire situation around the psp , suddenly all japan wanted one .
IF we allow some dreaming to this situation :Maybe this new vita slim is the "monster hunter" for the system. Adding sd support, only that would sell a lot of vitas , maybe not as many as monster hunter did back then but enough to keep the system on track for a few more years.
In reality i woudnt be so excited , i can see a possible vita slim in the future but i dont think it will add sd support . But with adding memory stick support or any other sony bs memory card we can use micro sd cards with the already existing adapters.

I love the Vita, but we're never getting official SD support and I'm 99.999% sure we're not getting another handheld until we see an NX-like device (home console and portable in one due to Moore's law hitting a wall in a few years).

It's either a Vita revision with updated wifi, or it's nothing at all Vita related IMO.

CazTGG

It's far too late in the Vita's life for them to admit their greatest blunder and fix it via a new model, much less see a direct successor. It's a shame that handheld gaming can only sustain one console due to mobile gaming taking a huge chunk of the market because i've probably put more hour and games into the Vita than the 3DS and would love to see a successor iron out the kinks that the Vita (likely) will be stuck with come the console's final day..

VLiberty

Why would anyone refer to NX as a PSP like? Unless we are getting a single screen oval system, which would be great as well as it would be a massive upgrade from the current N handhelds, but still, why not calling it a Vita- like?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Guys don't fall into this, neither this rumor nor the vita trinity one points to any new kind of vita.

The guy clearly called "ps4" the new ps4 model, if the device was a new vita he would have just said "vita", if it was a vita successor he would have said it differently, also design-wise vita is better than the psp, i can't see sony going back, it could be anything: NX, another android console, apple handheld, xbox handheld, steamboy, anything... but vita probably :(

incpdo

Why would anyone refer to NX as a PSP like? Unless we are getting a single screen oval system, which would be great as well as it would be a massive upgrade from the current N handhelds, but still, why not calling it a Vita- like?
Because people doesn't respect the Vita , they respect the Psp, which is funny because it was hated too back then until monster hunter arrive. Im pretty sure it will happen the same several year after the real death of the Vita.

Saphirax

I wonder this most days... :/

Hope they're not skipping it due to Sophie making it on Vita over here simultaneously. If they follow the release gaps from Japan, we should get it over here October/November in theory...

Sophie was announced in March and released in June. K-T released a lot of Atelier games in January. So...announcement in Oct/Nov?

Also hoping they don't skip it.

Top Bottom