• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

AniHawk

I love how saying "NISA" a few times seems to summon AniHawk who then tells us how dead the Vita is every time.

It's like a thread tradition at this point.

kresnik was worried about certain vita games not coming over, but i am saying they will come over, except not exclusively.

then the conversation switched to yomawari, which is more of a special deal. the conversation is still about how ps vita games are going to be localized in 2016 and 2017. it won't be exclusively for the platform by and large, but it will happen. i don't know how that's proclaiming the system won't be getting games (although the system is pretty much dead to most publishers and siea).

kresnik was worried about certain vita games not coming over, but i am saying they will come over, except not exclusively.

then the conversation switched to yomawari, which is more of a special deal. the conversation is still about how ps vita games are going to be localized in 2016 and 2017. it won't be exclusively for the platform by and large, but it will happen. i don't know how that's proclaiming the system won't be getting games (although the system is pretty much dead to most publishers and siea).

Just saying I noticed a pattern.

I think most people are aware of Vita's situation, but your posts really make it sound worse than it is. No one really cares about exclusives anymore at this point except for a few crazy people. As long as Vita games keep coming, for whatever reason even if it's just a small "bonus" for the publisher, the situation seems pretty good to me.

Basically, often the question that is asked here is "Will xyz NISA game be localized?" and your answer is "yes but not exclusively because VIta is dead and retail doesn't stock it and no one buys the games on it anyway". See what I mean?

ty_hot

Is it $85 + your 3DS? $85 is a good price, but not if you're throwing in your 3DS as well.

85 only. I will sell the 3DS after I fix the circle pad later next month (I already have a new one, just have to figure it out how to open it lol). And to be sure that I played everything that interested me.

AniHawk

Just saying I noticed a pattern.

I think most people are aware of Vita's situation, but your posts really make it sound worse than it is. No one really cares about exclusives anymore at this point except for a few crazy people. As long as Vita games keep coming, for whatever reason even if it's just a small "bonus" for the publisher, the situation seems pretty good to me.

Basically, often the question that is asked here is "Will xyz NISA game be localized?" and your answer is "yes but not exclusively because VIta is dead and retail doesn't stock it and no one buys the games on it anyway". See what I mean?

i think the explanation is fair and doesn't paint the vita in a better or worse light than it is actually in. the fact that it's not a simple 'yes' highlights the state of the system and that people should be prepared for support to dry up. the vita's a weird system in that it didn't need to end this way, so i'm a little bitter. i think siea should have supported it better.

if it only sold 1,000 to 2,000 units at $20, would that be enough to justify the time spent testing and localizing the game? if it was a vita-exclusive psn download, they probably wouldn't put the marketing behind it. at least this way there's been trailers, the game's been to anime expo, and it's up on three major retail sites.

I... don't quite get this argument. HTOL#NIQ was announced at Anime Expo. It had trailers.

Sure, it didn't have the retail presence that Yomawari has, but I don't see how that's related to the game also being on Steam. If anything I think Yomawari's getting a bigger presence due to being a bigger seller in Japan with slightly more mainstream appeal releasing at exactly the right time of year (Halloween).

I hope you're right about this. It's just weird with NISA, because they've mixed in immediate announcements of games which aren't even internally developed (Birthdays) with really quick announcements of some Vita games (World's Longest Five Minutes). It just makes me think that if the other stuff hasn't been announced by now, it won't be coming.

Rose & Castle of Twilight I could see making it across. Probably Coven too, because like you say they've repped DRPG's pretty hard. Sadly my most wanted is Hero Must Die and despite the quirky premise, I think it's probably the least likely to make it over here.

Valkyria Azure Revolution coming to Vita
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1269792

The demo looked really, really bad but that was a while ago. And hey, a game is a game

Uhh... what the fuck.

Also, it's developed by Media Vision, so it might even be a good port.

Play-Asia has listed the SEA English print of Dragon Quest Builders. It's $39.99 and they claim it will be out October 11th.

In the news of games being listed for Vita, amazon.es have also gone up with a listing of Mighty no 9, oddly:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00WWR7RN2/

BTA

What's the difference between the PC version and console versions of ROM?

Voice acting is the obvious addition to the console versions (2064), and the announcement for it also said there's some new art/animation. I think the story's been edited a bit and some new (minor, I think?) characters got added too. It's all pretty vague though, and I don't think they've actually ever listed or described in detail what those changes are.

Having played the original game: it's definitely worth playing now, but it does have some pacing issues at times and edits could fix that, so it'd be nice if that's true.

So in today's "let's ignore the Vita version" news, I think Claire is releasing on Vita on August 30th:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...rkness-in-claire-extended-cut-out-830-on-ps4/

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...n-claire-extended-cut-out-30th-august-on-ps4/

US Blog mentions it, EU Blog doesn't. Lol.

edit: Nvm, dev clarifies on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comme...e_youre_wondering_claire_extended_cut/d6xtqfq

I'm the audio lead for Hailstorm Games. It's not that we "didn't want you to know", it's that we're a two person team (Literally) and this past week (Let alone today) has been completely hectic and chaos for us. When we did the write up we forgot to mention cross buy / Vita. It's being edited to include that information.

We both really love our Vita's, and when we were looking to port it Vita was actually the first thing we both wanted.

Even more lols. "we were too busy to remember to mention one of the platforms we were developing for", wat?

Saphirax

So in today's "let's ignore the Vita version" news, I think Claire is releasing on Vita on August 30th:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...rkness-in-claire-extended-cut-out-830-on-ps4/

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...n-claire-extended-cut-out-30th-august-on-ps4/

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comme...e_youre_wondering_claire_extended_cut/d6xtqfq

Even more lols. "we were too busy to remember to mention one of the platforms we were developing for", wat?

They were so excited about the Vita version that they completely forgot about it! :p

The game looks interesting though, so I'll probably buy it eventually.

RK128

Odd that they originally forgot to mention the Vita release but when they are likely very busy ensuring both versions run well for release next week, that is somewhat understandable.

RK128

They were so excited about the Vita version that they completely forgot about it! :p

The game looks interesting though, so I'll probably buy it eventually.

I'm looking forward to this too, as I get a lot of Silent Hill-vibes from the game. I enjoy that series and the last game that reminded of that was Lone Survivor on Vita a year or so ago. Looking forward to playing this in the future :).

incpdo

LOL you think that's going to be enough. How cute.

Thanks you for the thread. Great work as always.

No confirmation or denial yet on that Xcom Vita rumor?
Oh man another rpg im hyped about , valkyria: azure revolution teaser looks badass , its ps4 and vita . I will pray to the 7 gods so they localize this , whatever it is.

Also I'm waiting for my dragon quest fix with dragon quest builders , I'm also seeing the game looks really pretty on the Vita but looks really downported on the PS Vita tv , but I'm going to support the Vita version , I'm hoping they do well so we can get the other dq games.

RK128

Psh, suck up.

I know, I know. There's worse things to have done, and they've fixed it on the US Blog fairly quickly.

It's not this particular devs fault, but when it's the latest in a string of this kind of stuff (i.e. making blog posts and casually not mentioning the Vita version until asked) it's just unfortunate timing.

I'm not a suck up XD!

But you are right, this is just bad timing after a series of miscommunicated blog posts/cancellations/delays for other indie projects for the Vita.

Saphirax

Shh, one of the devs is watching us :p

Don't worry dude, I'll still buy your game!

fbe9c2dfe740a8313854d7b0318b8d0b.png

I got so excited writing that reply that I forgot to be nice.

I should put /s next time, my reply was in jest :p.

I'm not a suck up XD!

But you are right, this is just bad timing after a series of miscommunicated blog posts/cancellations/delays for other indie projects for the Vita.

You're too nice. It's a terrible flaw.

Nah, but seriously it's a small mistake. There are far worse devs out there. At least they didn't silently cancel the vita version.

RK128

fbe9c2dfe740a8313854d7b0318b8d0b.png

I got so excited writing that reply that I forgot to be nice.

I should put /s next time, my reply was in jest :p.

You're too nice. It's a terrible flaw

Nah, but seriously it's a small mistake. There are far worse devs out there. At least they didn't silently cancel the vita version.

That is something my family tells me sometimes Saphirax XD! But I understand your point; its best to be critical if we can. I think that it was an honest mistake and something they didn't attend on making.

Saphirax

That is something my family tells me sometimes Saphirax XD! But I understand your point; its best to be critical if we can. I think that it was an honest mistake and something they didn't attend on making.

You balance out the Vita threads. Otherwise we'd all be drowning in pessimism.

aw yisssss

although I was total crap at N+ on PSP. Is that easier?lol

Well, I've not completed N+ on the PSP, just the N+ levels on N++, and I personally think the new N++ levels are harder than the legacy levels. Then again by the time I completed the legacy levels I was so adept at the game that most of it was just thanks to the skills I got by playing the game loads. I'd go mad if it gets a Vita release, as all in all I spent a total of 48 hours platinum'ing N++ on the PS4. It stands as one of the best platformers I've ever played in terms of level design and mechanics - no stupid gimmicks, heck you can't even attack enemies, just run, jump and wall jump. It felt practically perfect to me, and I've played plenty of platformers over the decades. So yeah, I hope this is a possibility down the line!

incpdo

The game isn't compatible with PS TV, so I'm not quite sure where you're seeing these impressions :p
I just saw a bunch of videos of gameplay and for some unreasonable reason the one that was recorded with a Vita capture card I just asume was the Vita tv.
But in the videos where I see the Vita I can see the game doesn't look bad at all.

Also great news if n++ comes to the system.

Is that valkyria game I just mentioned before in the same universe as Valkyrie chronicles? Ii kinda reminds me a little to the game , plus the fact sega is involved.

Chesskid1

Banned
any US-bros planning on importing god eater from europe? just going to sell the code? or wait for a price drop? where to buy from? maybe i'll wait just to buy a used copy off ebay in a few months

any US-bros planning on importing god eater from europe? just going to sell the code? or wait for a price drop? where to buy from? maybe i'll wait just to buy a used copy off ebay in a few months

Im probably doing it for both PS4 and Vita versions. Gonna sell the codes for both versions of resurrection on BST. I got the game on both platforms already (PS4 res for review, Vita res I bought)

I think this is the cheapest ($30 with shipping as they remove VAT on checkout fo NA)

http://www.base.com/buy/product/god...urrection-playstation-vita/dgc-gode2rbpsv.htm

If you sell your code for $10, I doubt you'll find it cheaper used later

This one ends up being a bt more (~$40 with shipping) but comes with a shirt

http://www.thegamecollection.net/god-eater-2-rage-burst-with-free-t-shirt-ps-vita.html

VLiberty

Well, I've not completed N+ on the PSP, just the N+ levels on N++, and I personally think the new N++ levels are harder than the legacy levels. Then again by the time I completed the legacy levels I was so adept at the game that most of it was just thanks to the skills I got by playing the game loads. I'd go mad if it gets a Vita release, as all in all I spent a total of 48 hours platinum'ing N++ on the PS4. It stands as one of the best platformers I've ever played in terms of level design and mechanics - no stupid gimmicks, heck you can't even attack enemies, just run, jump and wall jump. It felt practically perfect to me, and I've played plenty of platformers over the decades. So yeah, I hope this is a possibility down the line!

:(

My biggest problem was the fact that IIRC you had to clear an entire set of levels in a row, is it still the case for N++?

by the way, have you guys seen Shu(the game, not the traitor)? it's shaping up very nicely

:(

My biggest problem was the fact that IIRC you had to clear an entire set of levels in a row, is it still the case for N++?

by the way, have you guys seen Shu(the game, not the traitor)? it's shaping up very nicely

Yes, levels are still split into groups of 5 stages so you have to clear all 5 before you clear the level. It does get slightly frustrating late in the game where you want to take a break after dying 50 times on one stage and still have two more to clear, but I just powered through them and managed it in the end. Made the victory all that sweeter!

Hikami

Nice to see this thread still being updated, haven't been here in a while. Went through the OP and wrote down everything I wanted in an excel sheet.. came out 26 games. whew

Top Bottom