• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Chesskid1

Banned
I think this is the cheapest ($30 with shipping as they remove VAT on checkout fo NA)

http://www.base.com/buy/product/god...urrection-playstation-vita/dgc-gode2rbpsv.htm

If you sell your code for $10, I doubt you'll find it cheaper used later

This one ends up being a bt more (~$40 with shipping) but comes with a shirt

http://www.thegamecollection.net/god-eater-2-rage-burst-with-free-t-shirt-ps-vita.html

thanks man

i think i will just wait and see for now, since i want dragon quest builders and world of final fantasy and dq7 for 3ds and i know i will like those games. hopefully i won't end up kicking myself and it becomes hard to get. (and i should probably try out resurrection first)

i'm pretty happy with the games left for vita this year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/509h9y/with_the_release_of_claire_tomorrow_heres_a_few/

(devs of Claire's post on reddit)

There will be a "day one" patch. It might hit a few hours later after release (Think it's still waiting for QA in EU before we can launch it). The patch just covers bugs we found after we submitted it to Sony. We really want this to go as smooth as possible. I've continuously told him, "No 'No Mans Sky' launch, please". We're confident we got all the game breaking stuff out but, as with any release, there's bound to be an annoying bug we didn't find. With more people playing there's bound to be something that happens that we probably never even would have thought to test. We promise to fix everything you guys find / that we can. It might not happen that same day, as we might wait a week to "round them all up". But it will be addressed. You can always contact me here or on twitter ( @HailstormDavid ) to let me know if you found something. Don't think we're ignoring you or just want to "release a mess then leave" because that's not the case. We started work on our next game already and plan to release more, so we're in it for the long haul. Meaning supporting older titles (Bugs, etc. Not DLC, ew)

That being said, we're pretty confident the patch fixes most issues that we found.

Takao

Banned
It looks like Sony is now making all new Vita releases reflect the current exchange rate in Canada. In June, God Eater Resurrection launched for $20 USD, and it was $20 CAD, even though $20 CAD =/= $20 USD in value. Now, God Eater 2: Rage Burst is $39.99 USD and $53.49 CAD, which is closer to the exchange rate. Fuck.

I can understand making the (few) retail games match parity with the (few) stores carrying them, but PSN-only games? Because of how difficult it is to switch accounts on Vita, no one was going to take advantage of that.

Shizuka

It looks like Sony is now making all new Vita releases reflect the current exchange rate in Canada. In June, God Eater Resurrection launched for $20 USD, and it was $20 CAD, even though $20 CAD =/= $20 USD in value. Now, God Eater 2: Rage Burst is $39.99 USD and $53.49 CAD, which is closer to the exchange rate. Fuck.

I can understand making the (few) retail games match parity with the (few) stores carrying them, but PSN-only games? Because of how difficult it is to switch accounts on Vita, no one was going to take advantage of that.

I thought it happened with J-Stars last year and it's nothing new.

jzbluz

They have been doing it for awhile for PS4 for bigger releases. I was hoping they would leave the Vita section alone since it's a smaller audience, but I guess our luck run out. This just means that I'm even less likely to buy games day one. Although maybe it's also publisher dependant? Aksys for example tends to price their physical games below the exchange rate.

J-Stars did that, but nothing else did. Prior to Rage Burst, none of BN's other games reflected the exchange rate.

Didn't they end up raising the price for Digimon?

Yeah this is pretty awful. They've started raising everything, even smaller downloadable games. I'm going to buy so much less now.

Takao

Banned
Didn't they end up raising the price for Digimon?

Maybe on PS4, but the Vita version launched at $39.99 CAD.

It used to be on a per game basis, but today there were four Vita releases from four different publishers. All of them had increased prices.

Not massive news, but it's slow going lately anyway.

A while ago Takao asked an Adult Swim employee whether Rain World; Ray's the Dead and Volgarr the Viking were still coming to Vita, based on the fact that they didn't mention the platform on their website nor in their blog post about the games.

Predictably, no answer. Things were made worse by the fact that Volgarr seems to be coming but only self-published by the devs themselves.

So I asked the devs of Ray's the Dead and got this response:

Its still planned yes!

I mean, not the most promising thing in the world ("planned") but at least it's not a flat out ignore or a no, so I guess there's hope for some AS games on the platform after all.

edit: Haha, well there you go, they provided some clarity afterwards:

Yeah. Its a commitment we made before signing with them, and it isn't high on their priority list, which is understandable.

RK128

I've heard some rumors that the Vita port is kinda garbo, but I haven't seen any reviews yet.

I was trying to get a review copy of it for 3wirel (was going to review the game) but never got a response back sadly :(. Heard mixed things about the Vita port and that is a shame X(.

I was wrong having those worries, as based on this great view from the Vita Lounge, the game runs great on the console :D!

Thank you for sharing this teflontactics and for getting a writer for the site to review the game so that way Vita owners can get an idea about how the game works on Vita :).

RK128

Anybody got any impressions on Claire Extended Cut?

Going to write a review on the game but will share some first impressions now.

-The game is a mix between Lone Survivor (Vita Horror Game) & Silent Hill; you play as a female man character trapped in a haunted hospital and try to find a way out
-Visuals are pixel art with strong sound design
-Controls are very simple and you can't really fight the different creatures attacking you
-Flash-back portions at specific points in the game to Claire's childhood
-You have three difficulties (Normal, Hard, Nightmare)
-Exploring can be a bit tricky but the map is designed better than Lone Survivor so you never get lost
-Game runs well and looks great on the Vita

Will be releasing my review later this week but hope this helps explain the game :).

RK128

Possible that a Vita port might have not existed if it wasn't priced at $50- profits might have seemed insufficient otherwise, but what do I know.

If anything, the high price is likely due to licensing out the Attack on Titan IP to begin with. Not sure how the pricing was in Japan but in NA/EU, it was likely costly to use the IP for a new title so to make money back, they added 10 dollars to the Vita release to get more money (so they can get the licensing fees sorted out).

I wouldn't be shocked if this happened again with Berserk later this year too, as that is a hot IP. But I never saw this issue with Bandai-Namco for the SAO & One Piece games on Vita......so maybe its just Tecmo-Koei wanting more money out of the Vita user base or something :l.

redcrayon

I'm quite interested to see that we're getting Amnesia as a PS+ game for September, I haven't played a visual novel like that before.

I hope Amnesia: Memories doesn't sour people on the otome genre. The game is quite... Creepy and off-putting at times.

Mostly just
Shin
and
Ukyo
, though I thought the game was decent enough even with them.

If you want a quality otome game though (speaking to everyone else as I know Shizuka is informed), Code: Realize is the one to get. So go get it. ;)

Saphirax

Mostly just
Shin
and
Ukyo
, though I thought the game was decent enough even with them.

If you want a quality otome game though (speaking to everyone else as I know Shizuka is informed), Code: Realize is the one to get. So go get it. ;)

You mean Toma, not Shin :p.

RK128

I hope Amnesia: Memories doesn't sour people on the otome genre. The game is quite... Creepy and off-putting at times.

I'm open to all kinds of games, so I'm sure I will enjoy the game even if it has bits I find 'off putting' to me.

I felt a similar way to Gal*Gun; I didn't like the touch screen bits but the rest of the game was a really nice surprise to me, with me enjoying the core gameplay and localization quite alot.

Takao

Banned
Wanderjahr is now up in North America. $9.99 USD, $13.49 CAD.

Five different games from five different publishers. All with CAD specific prices. Before, this was apparently something publishers had to opt-in to do. It seems Sony is really mad at the hundreds of dollars they were losing in Canada by not enforcing exchange rate accurate prices.

Yasumi

Banned
Lower digital prices were the main reason I was picking up new games day 1. Pretty much guaranteed I wait for sales now. It actually works out cheaper for me to import the physical European version of God Eater 2 than to buy it digitally. So dumb.

Anyone can reccomend a good RPG game? I'm intrested in something thst uses pixelated graphics.

Like Shizuka said, Trails in the Sky FC and SC are AMAZING and well worth your time.
Shiren the Wanderer just released as well and has some of the most beautiful pixel art I've seen in years.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
Wanderjahr is now up in North America. $9.99 USD, $13.49 CAD.

Five different games from five different publishers. All with CAD specific prices. Before, this was apparently something publishers had to opt-in to do. It seems Sony is really mad at the hundreds of dollars they were losing in Canada by not enforcing exchange rate accurate prices.
It doesn't benefit anyone but Sony. It's as if they think someone from outside is buying for less but no one is going to go through hassle of switching accounts to buy games for less specifically on Vita. And the fact Sony doesnt publish games on Vita anymore actually meant no other publishers would increase their price. Sony just wants more money out of other publishers pocket. So greedy.

Shizuka

Decided to get Sword Art Online: Lost Song on Play-Asia, since it's a weekly deal. Does anyone know if Hollow Realization is up for pre-order in Europe?

I've played Corpse Party and I'm still playing Book of shadows... These games are gold lol
I bought Blood Drive but I have a question: is this game the sequel to Book of shadows ? I've noticed there are other Corpse Party games that's why I'm asking :p

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops getting DLC on Vita

http://www.wiredproductions.com/blog/brand-new-tiny-troopers-joint-ops-zombie-campaign

Shantae Half Genie Hero delayed 6 weeks:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1669641

Sharin no Kuni (VN Kickstarter) getting Vita version:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...sual-novel-localization-project/posts/1669829

Also, Image & Form are 'looking into' physical Vita release of Steamworld Collection:

https://twitter.com/ImageForm/status/771275345773359104

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I have even enjoyed tiny troopers, but is there really a point on a dlc so far from the original release?

Will the vita version of shantae release on that date together with the other versions or later?

I have even enjoyed tiny troopers, but is there really a point on a dlc so far from the original release?

Will the vita version of shantae release on that date together with the other versions or later?

Haven't played Tiny Troopers. Would've bought it if it got the physical release that PS4 got, but alas.

But still, I think it's pretty good they're releasing the DLC on all platforms. Quite often DLC skips Vita.

Top Bottom