• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Did you watch Bluemaxima's recent video about GOTY lists? It's embarrassing.
Game "journalism" is a joke.

Edit: Oh, and I'm not talking about the winners and stuff, GOTY lists are pointless, but they make pretty evident they have NO IDEA what's on the platform.

He basically just complains about every game that did get nominated, I don't understand what he wants.

It's obvious that big sites like IGN or Gamespot just nominated the few games that they reviewed (mainly multiplatform games.) No one at those sites plays Vita games.

He basically just complains about every game that did get nominated, I don't understand what he wants.

It's obvious that big sites like IGN or Gamespot just nominated the few games that they reviewed (mainly multiplatform games.) No one at those sites plays Vita games.

The main thing was that all the sites shared most of the same games on their lists. There was quite a bit more that came out for the system last year than a bunch of indies and 2 Atlus games, yet not a single one of them listed any of it (other than the one that listed Trails SC). Being a Persona title and having a name for itself, doesn't automatically make it the best thing ever, and then Lost Dimension I don't even know why it's there so much.

The main takeaway from that video was that so many review sites just didn't even bother with anything on the system, yet they still bothered to throw together a halfassed list that shows they don't even care about what it is they're reviewing. I mean IGN and Gamespot are one thing, since it's known they only really play the more well known titles. But then you have lesser known sites on there that primarily review niche games, yet all they could come up with is indies and 2 Atlus games?

Shizuka

Regarding Libra, the VN that's on Kickstarter:

zLDc1Nt.jpg

Fady K

* Uta no Prince-Sama Repeat is coming to Japanese Vitas. The otome series from Broccoli was on the PSP previously.
wYW3rP8.jpg

* Eve: Burst Error R launches April 28th in Japan
sn58D3m.jpg

* Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea - here's a character trailer. Due in March 3rd in Japan.
dqAwyCX.jpg

* Rose & the Old Castle of Twilight - from Nippon Ichi; due out in April 28 in Japan; comes from the director of the Firefly Diary.
i2fNzNP.jpg

* Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 has been delayed to March 24th in Japan so that the developer can improve its quality.
hH0b8JH.jpg

* Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir comes out in the NA regions on June 7 and Q2 2016 in Europe. :D
Odin-Sphere-June-7-Ann_01-12-16.jpg

Leifthrasir-Europe-Q2-Hiraoka.jpg

* Dragon Quest Heroes II launches on May 27th in Japan.
DQH2-May-27-Japan-Ann-Init.jpg

* Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 screens (out in Japan in spring 2016):
Powerful-Pro-2016_01-13-16_001.jpg

Powerful-Pro-2016_01-13-16_002-600x338.jpg

Powerful-Pro-2016_01-13-16_003-600x338.jpg

* Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Success Special is another game heading to the Vita in the series, it is a F2P game. Also out in Japan in Spring 2016.
fstxjTt.jpg

Powerful-Pro-Sucess-Special_01-13-16_003-600x338.jpg

*On the topic of baseball, Baseball Riot is coming as soon as next week!
taTuwfpl.jpg

* Hatsune Miku X: Project Diva X - here's a new song trailer.
Miku-X-PV_01-14-16.jpg

* Digimon World: Next Order - new screens (out in Japan on March 17):
DWNO_01-14-16_002.jpg

DWNO_01-14-16_004.jpg

DWNO_01-14-16_005.jpg

DWNO_01-14-16_006.jpg

DWNO_01-14-16_008.jpg

DWNO-Screens_01-15-16.jpg

* Grand Kingdom - as noted in this thread, Grand Kingdom is coming west thanks to NIS America ;) Game looks beautiful. Scheduled for release this summer - PHYSICALLY too :) Announcement trailer here.
asjrQzF.jpg

Grand-Kingdom-West-Summer-2016.jpg

DmSVd2el.jpg

* Gundam Breaker 3 - enjoy some cute new screenshots and the new Japanese TV Spot:
Gundam-Breaker-3_01-15-16_001.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_01-15-16_003.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_01-15-16_006.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_01-15-16_008.jpg

* Earth Defense Force 2 has been confirmed for Europe on February 12, thanks to publisher PQube. Will be coming out physically as well.
EDF41-EU-Dated.jpg

* SwapQuest is a new addition to the upcoming Vita games. It's a puzzle RPG from sole developer Constantin Graf. Announcement trailer here.
CAYJNLF.png

I mentioned this in another thread but this or ROTK on Vita would be the way I'd play. There's some touch-control stuff to that engine that makes me really want to control a strategy-RPG that way. (Actually, what I really want is something like RUSE or WarGame AirLand Battle, but nobody's made a massive touch-based RTS for Vita or mobile that I'm aware of, mostly it's Advance Wars-type strategy games.)

I'm hoping we end up getting Xcom :D

Thanks for this thread. Some potential gems in the OP list!

Civ, Full Trottle, Children of Morta, Slain, Banner saga, Darkest Dungeon and Salt and Santuary all have my attention.

You are most welcome Bradach, enjoy :D Civilization should be out soon!

Man I love this thread. I just made a list of everything I need to look out for.

Also, I'm not sure if there's much confirmation on this, but it looks like Downwell will be coming to [VERTICAL] Vita at some point (fingers crossed). Source

CV9B3tRUwAIqHis.jpg

I'm just waiting to see if the project will be actually releasing for the Vita. Thanks for the kind words, glad that you're loving the thread :)

This thread makes me so happy! I love my Vita, honestly more than my consoles most of the time, and it's great to see that there's still a healthy line-up for this year. Thank you so much for doing this, Fady! Sub'd and anxious for the year to come ^_^

You are most welcome rafa, it's my pleasure! Enjoy today's update as well :D Happy gaming!

Fady K thread rules!

Its great to see the amount of games already announced for this year. it shows me why i love the Vita , there is a strong support around the device (except from sony)

Thanks a lot incpdo <3 Nice to see you here :) We had a handful of cancelations in the last few weeks, but only a little ;D

htol#niq is getting a sequel! Named "Rose and the Old Castle Twilight" and it's coming on April 28th. Producer said they will address the difficulty problems. Hopefully it will be toned down.

We're still yet to get Night Watch, but considering htol#niq took 6 months, there's till time. I'm ready for year full of NISA Vita announcements.

Fantastic news :D I'll add it up. I'm hopeful for Night Watch - I would love to suggest it to NISAmerica's twitter but I don't think they ever read anyone's tweets :(

I'll have to remove it. Surprising to hear and sad, the game looked like a good fit on the system

wow i wanted that for my vita so badly

Sucks to see Square Enix not bring over their Vita games in English, especially when some of them are already fully in English like Chaos Rings on ios and such :/

YES!!!!! Based NIS. Now please localize Night Watch :D

Never Alone is no longer coming to Vita.

This one really bums me out. This has been a rough couple of weeks. Most of the indies that dropped support weren't games I wanted, but I really wanted Never Alone.

https://twitter.com/neveralonegame/status/688032756564099072

No reason given right now. I don't know if we can keep tagging Gio Corsi every time a game gets canceled. A little deflated about this one.

Edit: They are citing technical challenges.

Oh no, that sucks. Thanks for the note, i'll remove it. Been a rough start to the year with a few cancelations, thankfully there's much to look forward to. I wonder what kind of technical difficulties they face...

Positive vibes homies, positive vibes. Vita has a lot of great games coming this year regardless of some cancellations, let's get the thread back on track.

Is Exorcism still coming to Vita? It fell under the radar for a lot of folks but I haven't heard much on development of the game since it was announced. Also if you're still on the fence about Nuclear Throne or CotND, I highly encourage you to give it a shot. They're some fantastic games.

Also SwapQuest is coming to Vita, looks charming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk0Ex7FAeQs

SwapQuest - cool adding that up :) You lose some, you get some ;D Thanks bud

VLiberty

Not mentioning does not equal cancellation. We heard nothing of New and Tasty for months and here it is launching next week. None of those games you quoted we're officially canceled.
For the third time: No, it's different, they made clear it was coming although later, which is not the case for those games. If you aren't even trying to read what I'm saying and want to attack me then goodbye.

redcrayon

Nice one Fady, thanks for the roundup!

If I can grab physical copies of Stranger of Sword City, Odin Sphere and Grand Kingdom on top of the good looking indies like Darkest Dungeon, Axiom Verge and Salt and Sanctuary, 2016 will be a great year for my Vita.

VindicationDay

Neo Member
I wish that Bamco would consider localizing one of the Gundam Breaker games, I remember watching the first one on YT way back and it looked pretty fun.

Hey, at least Bandai Namco is bringing over Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Force! I mean, it's not exactly a Gundam Breaker game, sure...but at least we're getting something!

I wish that Bamco would consider localizing one of the Gundam Breaker games, I remember watching the first one on YT way back and it looked pretty fun.

You should consider importing if you really want to give them a try. A large majority of the item text is in English and the rest just requires a quick look up online. There's hardly any story either. I've been enjoying it.

HotHamBoy

This probably isn't the place for this but I've been thinking about replacing my OLED with a Slim.

I don't know if it's worth it as I haven't actually seen one in person. I am a heavy Vita user, it's my favorite handheld companion. But lately I've been wishing it was more comfortable to hold and play for long sessions. I bought this one used, it has a teeny scratch on the middle of the screen I can't unsee and big black bruises when the screen goes black. I live with it. The battery is great in sleep but I probably get about 3 hours actual playtime. Even just an extra hour or two would be great. The weight, form and button placement makes my hand tired after awhile. Are the Slim's shoulder buttons better? Mine are mushy and lame.

And then there's that god damn cable. I have an android phone, it would be so great if I never had to take such a stupid-big cable anywhere, ever.

Still, I'm not sure those complaints really justify the money. I bought a DS Lite after a DS Phat and was very happy. I did not buy a DSi. The Slim looks like an even smaller upgrade, but I am still considering.

... I've also been considering replacing my 3DS XL with a standard-size New 3DS. My XL's hinge cracked (still works, for now), I love 3D but dislike keeping perfectly still. I prefer the standard's size and weight. New screen size seems like a good middleground. Faster loading and more RAM sounds great, yadda yadda... but I never play the XL these days. Still, I wonder if I would play more 3DS if it was smaller, lighter and had great 3D.

This probably isn't the place for this but I've been thinking about replacing my OLED with a Slim.

I don't know if it's worth it as I haven't actually seen one in person. I am a heavy Vita user, it's my favorite handheld companion. But lately I've been wishing it was more comfortable to hold and play for long sessions. I bought this one used, it has a teeny scratch on the middle of the screen I can't unsee and big black bruises when the screen goes black. I live with it. The battery is great in sleep but I probably get about 3 hours actual playtime. Even just an extra hour or two would be great. The weight, form and button placement makes my hand tired after awhile. Are the Slim's shoulder buttons better? Mine are mushy and lame.

And then there's that god damn cable. I have an android phone, it would be so great if I never had to take such a stupid-big cable anywhere, ever.

Still, I'm not sure those complaints really justify the money. I bought a DS Lite after a DS Phat and was very happy. I did not buy a DSi. The Slim looks like an even smaller upgrade, but I am still considering.

Buy a slim. The slim beats the 1000 in every measurable and conceivable way. You might miss the weight of the old model, which you can remedy with a case. Everything on the 2000 is an improvement over the 1000, and at worst it is identical.

There is no reason to own the OLED model in 2016, unless you are simply using your original Vita you bought previously. But if you're looking for an upgrade, 2000 is the way to go.

Unless you are really, really, really attached to the OLED screen. Some people are and that's fine. I am one of those people who prefers screen on the new model and think it's a sharper and more accurate picture, so I have no attachment to the old screen. But if you do, you might miss the "deepness" of the original model. Still, others will say you won't notice a real difference anyway after a short time.

HotHamBoy

So does anyone have an idea of when X-COM Enemy Unknown Plus will be released on Vita?

With the trophies found on the servers in October
, and the ESRB rating discovered in August I assumed that it would have been shown at PSX, but was surprised when it wasn't mentioned at all.

Here's hoping that hasn't been any issues finishing the game, as X-COM Enemy Within on the go will literally consume my life.

I do worry about performance, I garauntee it's below native res. The PS3 version had slowdown, the ipad version looked worse and the iphone version was gimped.

@FinalFireworker yeah, I wish I could just see it in person. For the screen, if nothing else.

For the third time: No, it's different, they made clear it was coming although later, which is not the case for those games. If you aren't even trying to read what I'm saying and want to attack me then goodbye.
Good riddance. We don't need people shitting up the thread with cancellation rumors that have no basis in facts.

Buy a slim. The slim beats the 1000 in every measurable and conceivable way. You might miss the weight of the old model, which you can remedy with a case. Everything on the 2000 is an improvement over the 1000, and at worst it is identical.

There is no reason to own the OLED model in 2016, unless you are simply using your original Vita you bought previously. But if you're looking for an upgrade, 2000 is the way to go.

Unless you are really, really, really attached to the OLED screen. Some people are and that's fine. I am one of those people who prefers screen on the new model and think it's a sharper and more accurate picture, so I have no attachment to the old screen. But if you do, you might miss the "deepness" of the original model. Still, others will say you won't notice a real difference anyway after a short time.

I'd add that it is worth looking into importing a 2006 model from Asia or Japan as they are matte finish. I have the aqua blue one (not sure the NA Gamestop version is matte but the asia one I have is matte finish and it is way better than the black glossy finish one I used before)

Also adding to this, 2000 is better than 1000. I barely touch my OLED model these days. Micro USB charging itself is a huge deal for this.

Seems like the Gamestop-US-Version also has a matte finish. Wow, didn't know that. I guess I really should consider buying. I really love my Vitas but I prefer matte finish after all.

I owned a 1000 and 2000 at the same time, but replaced the 1000 with another 2000 after a while. The Slim is superior in every way. It's so damn good. The shoulder buttons still aren't perfect though. Unless you see both in a direct comparison the screen doesn't matter. It looks great. And it doesn't have the annoying blotches, so it looks cleaner to me.

And for the 3DS: I did the exact same thing, went from a normal XL to a "small" new 3DS, and I regret it. I discovered that the smaller size really has no benefit to me. I'll probably upgrade to a new 3DS XL once I find a cheap one

Yeah, I did the same thing with the 3DS, XL to n3DS. But same as the original 3DS it isn't really comfortable for my hands. And they are small in comparison... I dunno. The XL is just way more comfi. Sadly the n3DS XL is glossy, so I will keep my old XL. At least there are some matte finished faceplates for the small n3DS.

I'm thinking of buying another 64GB memory card. Do we ever get MicroSD adapters like on the PSP or lowered prices for these?

Zeta Oni

The charger alone makes the 2000 a better buy.

Forgot your charger? Odds are, asking to use someone else's is actually a possibility now.

Got the matte blue from gamestop this holiday to replace my old fat model and have not looked back since.

Also, some people consider this a negative, but I love the weight. I play alot in positions where holding the original model would start to get tiring after a few hours, but with this thing I can hold it all day with no issues.

HotHamBoy

Thanks for the input, now I just need to settle on a color...

Btw, what would you say the average playtime battery is on the Slim?

Pretty nice list, but only interested in a few though. Hope they all come out this year.

Assassin's Creed Chronicles
Forgotten Memories: Alternate Endings
Hitman Go
Minecraft Story Mode
Wilderness

Zeta Oni

Is Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir somehow related to Muramasa?

Cause if it is, it just shot up to something I plan on buying on release.

The main thing was that all the sites shared most of the same games on their lists. There was quite a bit more that came out for the system last year than a bunch of indies and 2 Atlus games, yet not a single one of them listed any of it (other than the one that listed Trails SC). Being a Persona title and having a name for itself, doesn't automatically make it the best thing ever, and then Lost Dimension I don't even know why it's there so much.

The main takeaway from that video was that so many review sites just didn't even bother with anything on the system, yet they still bothered to throw together a halfassed list that shows they don't even care about what it is they're reviewing. I mean IGN and Gamespot are one thing, since it's known they only really play the more well known titles. But then you have lesser known sites on there that primarily review niche games, yet all they could come up with is indies and 2 Atlus games?

I understand and agree with his general point, but he kind of undermined it by complaining and questioning whenever a site did pick something different (Lost Dimension, Kick & Fennick) or just complaining that there weren't enough nominations from a site like Playstation lifestyle.

Hey, at least Bandai Namco is bringing over Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Force! I mean, it's not exactly a Gundam Breaker game, sure...but at least we're getting something!

I hear you, if Vs. Force puts up some decent numbers, they make give Breaker 3 a shot.

You should consider importing if you really want to give them a try. A large majority of the item text is in English and the rest just requires a quick look up online. There's hardly any story either. I've been enjoying it.

Yeah I've already been leaning towards it and will likely make the plunge for Gundam Breaker 2 soon if I don't wait and import GB3 when that comes out.

I feel like that is still pretty low considering the size of the console and the resolution of the screen. But the micro USB makes up for that quite a bit.

It is quite ample, actually. Also you don't lose your game when you run out of battery while playing, which is AMAZING.

This JRPG binge I'm currently on will kill me. Currently have Soul Sacrifice and Planescape Torment (that's on PC), getting Persona 3 Portable soon. I then have so many classics to go through just on Vita, it isn't even funny.

Final Fantasy 6 (or any of them really, 6 is the most interesting though)
Chrono Trigger
Trails In The Sky
Persona 1-2-3

Vita, HAVE MERCY! ;_;

I feel like that is still pretty low considering the size of the console and the resolution of the screen. But the micro USB makes up for that quite a bit.

It seriously depends on what you're playing. I would get five hours playing MGS2 no problem. But if you're just playing a PS1 or a PSP game? I mean, I've been playing Arc the Lad II and charge my Vita once every four days or longer. So that's got to be like seven hours at least.

Plus the fact that sleep mode is absolute magic on the Vita and barely drains battery, you'll be set for long durations.

Superfrog

I love this, its hilarious. I would like to see some gameplay tho
I played a very early build a few months ago, gameplay is a mix of puzzle adventure and simple platformer. Was too early to judge properly, but seems to be charming, quite original, and there is potential.

There was a rather extensive 2-part dev diary in two of the more recent Vita Lounge digital issues. Links should be somewhere on the devs' Twitter feed.

Top Bottom