• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Games that I'm definitely 100% buying:

1. Darkest Dungeon
  2. Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir
  3. Zero Escape Volume 3: Zero Time Dilemma
  4. Salt & Sanctuary
  5. Crypt of the Necrodancer
  6. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  7. Chroma Squad
  8. Rain World
  9. Starbound
  10. Axiom Verge
  11. Cosmic Star Heroine
  12. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  13. Hyper Light Drifter
Games I'm also very interested in:

1. Grand Kingdom
  2. Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Force
  3. Volgarr the Viking
  4. Iconoclasts
  5. Risk of Rain
  6. Slain
  7. World of Final Fantasy
  8. A Boy & His Blob
  9. Nuclear Throne
  10. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  11. Stranger of Sword City
  12. Read-Only Memories
  13. Pixel Noir
  14. Ray Gigant
  15. Children of Morta
  16. VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
  17. Papers, Please
  18. C-Wars
  19. Earthnight
  20. Heart Forth, Alicia
  21. MilitAnt
  22. Midora
  23. Timespinner
  24. Romancing SaGa 2
  25. Rise of Mana
Lord have mercy (on my wallet).

For reference: List of non-Vita games I'm 100% getting, off the top of my head (might be missing a bunch):
  1. Zelda Wii U
  2. Persona 5
  3. Dark Souls 3

L.O.R.D

i need 128 GB Vita memory card that not from sony
please hackers , save us and make cheap version of the memory card
or at least adapter that can use micro SD card.

Zeta Oni

So, what can one expect from SAO: Hollow Realization compared to Lost Song?

i ask because it seems the devs this time are the ones who made Hollow Fragment, which I have yet to play.

so I suppose the better question is how do the Aquria games compare to Artdink's?

I wonder how DQ builders will run on the Vita, they haven't released any footage?

Also, I hope that they have been holding back some features because from what I've seen, it looks a little shallow.

Don't know if I'm late or it was posted, but A Boy and His Blob HD is up on the Vita store now:

CZTQK9MW0AAmgn7.jpg

RK128

I really hope the next SAO Game after Hollow Realization revolves around Gun Gale Online

I could see it happening, as it would allow for shooting mechanics to be introduced into the series. The issue is putting in the other playable characters, as while Kirtio and company fit naturally within ALO and SAO, they would have to completely re-design some of the cast to work within the world of GGO.

Kirtio and Sinion have the designs for the world, but no one else; they would have to make new designs for the world.

Not to mention the teams never made a shooter before and while it doesn't have to be a shooter, those elements have to be in a game within GGO. Then again, Lost Song has shooting elements too (Sinion being able to aim with her bow when using her as the main character), so who knows :).

Xenoblade X showed how you can use shooting in a JRPG (and the original Hollow Fragment was heavily rooted in Xenoblade Chronicles in terms of core gameplay elements), so it could happen with little issue.

They likely want to revisit the world of SAO with stronger tech (fully using the Vita this time out (as they just ported a JP-only PSP game originally but updated some assets and made new ones with higher quality textures/detail) and using the PS4 hardware too), so looking forward to seeing this fleshed out world of SAO.

Hollow Fragment was huge, but this could be even bigger.....looking forward to Hollow Realization because of this :).

Olengie

I could see it happening, as it would allow for shooting mechanics to be introduced into the series. The issue is putting in the other playable characters, as while Kirtio and company fit naturally within ALO and SAO, they would have to completely re-design some of the cast to work within the world of GGO.

Kirtio and Sinion have the designs for the world, but no one else; they would have to make new designs for the world.

Not to mention the teams never made a shooter before and while it doesn't have to be a shooter, those elements have to be in a game within GGO. Then again, Lost Song has shooting elements too (Sinion being able to aim with her bow when using her as the main character), so who knows :).

Xenoblade X showed how you can use shooting in a JRPG (and the original Hollow Fragment was heavily rooted in Xenoblade Chronicles in terms of core gameplay elements), so it could happen with little issue.

They likely want to revisit the world of SAO with stronger tech (fully using the Vita this time out (as they just ported a JP-only PSP game originally but updated some assets and made new ones with higher quality textures/detail) and using the PS4 hardware too), so looking forward to seeing this fleshed out world of SAO.

Hollow Fragment was huge, but this could be even bigger.....looking forward to Hollow Realization because of this :).

I just don't want another revisit to Aincrad after Hollow Fragment and Hollow Realization. What else can they do? BUT. If they do a GGO game and then another SAO / ALO, I wouldn't mind.

Of course I can be entirely wrong and they decide to focus on another ALO game or Underworld instead.

Ryan95

I just don't want another revisit to Aincrad after Hollow Fragment and Hollow Realization. What else can they do? BUT. If they do a GGO game and then another SAO / ALO, I wouldn't mind.

Of course I can be entirely wrong and they decide to focus on another ALO game or Underworld instead.

If I'm not wrong,each SAO anime season is released every 2 years, and SAO II aired in September 2014, so this Summer/Fall SAO III should be airing in Japan. So from a market perspective it would be wise from Bamco to set the next SAO game in Underworld in line with the upcoming anime, but considering the second studio ( likely Artdink) is probably already working on the next game (otherwise a yearly release for the game series would be impossible) they could be working on already existing assets from the anime (in particular SAO II) and build a GGO based world this time. Whatever they choose to do, I would be happy, because the shooting mechanic and a darker setting would be very intriguing, or the similar setting to the new anime season would make me relive the best anime moments (like it happened with Lost Song) in a new way.

I really hope the next SAO Game after Hollow Realization revolves around Gun Gale Online

I was hoping the game that became Hollow Realization would've been about Gun Gale Online.

That said, I suppose they could get Artdink to experiment with that, like they did with Lost Song. They seem to have some experience with shooting in games at least, thanks to various other anime tie-ins (Macross has shooting right?)

Takao

Banned
I was hoping the game that became Hollow Realization would've been about Gun Gale Online.

That said, I suppose they could get Artdink to experiment with that, like they did with Lost Song. They seem to have some experience with shooting in games at least, thanks to various other anime tie-ins (Macross has shooting right?)

Artdink did World Trigger: Borderless Mission. That seems to have some gun play.

RK128

If I'm not wrong,each SAO anime season is released every 2 years, and SAO II aired in September 2014, so this Summer/Fall SAO III should be airing in Japan. So from a market perspective it would be wise from Bamco to set the next SAO game in Underworld in line with the upcoming anime, but considering the second studio ( likely Artdink) is probably already working on the next game (otherwise a yearly release for the game series would be impossible) they could be working on already existing assets from the anime (in particular SAO II) and build a GGO based world this time. Whatever they choose to do, I would be happy, because the shooting mechanic and a darker setting would be very intriguing, or the similar setting to the new anime season would make me relive the best anime moments (like it happened with Lost Song) in a new way.

You're right; Artdink likely is making the Gun Gale Online game right now and using shooting mechanics they used with other titles they worked on as the base. New designs for the cast isn't something strange, as Hollow Realization has new designs for the cast (despite everyone going back to SAO or a version of SAO).

UnderWorld would be an interesting setting to 'close' the game series on anyway, as you could reset everything; only Kritio playable, very little of his friends are in the game, entire new cast and world to explore segregated from the prior games and new mechanics to experiment with (more exploration skills, maybe more Zelda-like structure for the dungeons, ect). Not expecting this to happen, as the anime isn't at this point yet but whenever SAO III releases in JP, a game releasing with it would be a good move to push the anime.

Olengie

My thoughts exactly. I thought HR was going to be the GGO game.
Macross 30? There was shooting in it. And I enjoyed the game/mechanics.

Prelude.

Wait, what does it mean for games to be included in that Vote? I didn't follow it too closely.

Basically, how close are we to getting Adventures of Mana in English?

That's a cool list of games, although lol at the Yakuza companion app.
Basically, they're gonna show the results of those polls to publishers and try to get some of those localized/ported.

Cornbread78

From what I've heard from those that have read the light novels, most of the third season of the anime takes place in the real world, so I don't think the anime release would affect the game, but who knows.

Is Realization based of the movie that comes out soon?

UCBooties

From what I've heard from those that have read the light novels, most of the third season of the anime takes place in the real world, so I don't think the anime release would affect the game, but who knows.

Is Realization based of the movie that comes out soon?

I don't know about the movie but I would kind of doubt it at this point. Since Hollow Fragment the games have followed their own divergent story and I would only expect those divergences to become more pronounced as the games go on. For instance, in the world of HF and LS the Fairy Dance arc doesn't happen AT ALL, and they pretty much jump straight from the end of Hollow Fragment with the end of Aincrad to the second half of S2 with Svart Alfheim taking the place of the Excalibur sub-plot and folding in a different version of the Mother's Rosario arc.

On the one hand I think that the Phantom Bullet arc would be kind of terrible to base a game on because Kirito doesn't actually do much in the world of GGO besides enter the Bullet of Bullets tournament to try to stop Death Gun. There's nothing like the developed world from Aincrad of Fairy Dance to base anything on and the story doesn't lend itself to a sweeping adventure.

On the other hand since they've gone their own way story-wise up to this point, I could see them setting a game in GGO with a different or at least expanded premise and roll in the Phantom Bullet plot points as a sub-plot in a larger story.

Side note if they do tackle GGO: Bringing the full cast into GGO would actually solve one of my biggest problems with Season 2. I think from a pacing perspective it would have made more sense fro the events of Phantom Bullet and Mother's Rosario to have happened more or less concurrently to explain why
Asuna and Kirito aren't really around for eachother's respective arcs.
It never sat right with me that Asuna
didn't join GGO when she realized that Kirito was in trouble.
The whole point of GGO is that it's speed based and Asuna was one of the the highest ranked speed players in SAO (her knickname in the Knights of the Blood was 'the Flash'). In GGO with her SAO stats she would have been an absolute typhoon of destruction and she never joined because... uh... reasons? It would have made more sense if she wasn't in GGO because she was busy in Alfheim Online with the Sleeping Knights while the Bullet of Bullets tournament was going on.

Anyway if they do make a GGO game they can bring the whole cast in and it won't have this weird issue of wondering why the hell
everyone else is just sitting around watching Sinon and Kirito get jerked around by a serial killer.

Knytt Underground or Sound Shapes? Help me VitaGAF!

I only played Sound Shapes and I think it's "okay". I had fun with it and the soundtrack is cool, but it didn't really leave a lasting impression. If you like making levels yourself you'll probably get a lot more out of it.

Considering it's only $2 though, you should get it. Looks great on Vita.

I only played Sound Shapes and I think it's "okay". I had fun with it and the soundtrack is cool, but it didn't really leave a lasting impression. If you like making levels yourself you'll probably get a lot more out of it.

Considering it's only $2 though, you should get it. Looks great on Vita.

Sound Shapes is amazing, really elite tier kinda indie game. I generally like everything and didn't really like Knytt Underground... it's way more of a basement/garage game in comparison.

Sound Shapes is mine.

We can play community levels made by others, right?

VLiberty

Knytt Underground or Sound Shapes? Help me VitaGAF!

Two great games but I definitely liked Knytt more. Such an underrated gem.

It's a Metroidvania with a much more complex map, no encounters or fighting or rpg elements. It's all about platforming and exploration and it works out amazingly

Fady K

Hello dear Vita friends, here are some updates for you :)

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Boy & His Blob
kbIUW1cl.jpg

Oddworld: New N Tasty
HgDpYgR.jpg

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus
EdEnSjV.jpg

Red Game Without a Great Name
uFkNPg8.jpg

Baseball Riot
taTuwfpl.jpg

* Gundam Breaker 3 - New screens and art:
Gundam-Breaker-3_01-22-16_001.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_01-22-16_003.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_01-22-16_004.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_01-22-16_008.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_01-22-16_010.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_01-22-16_014.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_01-22-16_015.jpg

Gundam-Breaker-3_01-22-16_019.jpg

* Atelier Shallie Plus - New trailer.
Atelier-Shallie-PV_01-22-16.jpg

*Wizardry: Tower of Imprisoned Spirits was announced for the Vita, scheduled for a Japanese release on February 5th. The game is likely a port of the second Wizardy game to hit the PS3.
2pfELYA.jpg

* Dragon Quest Builders - Vita owners in Japan - you can download the demo now ;D
oJTMlHq.jpg

* Gal Gun: Double Peace has been reconfirmed for a western release this year thanks to publisher PQube.
w1xSsRJ.jpg

* Digimon World: Next Order - New trailer and new gameplay footage.
DW-Next-Order-PV3.jpg

* Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X - new screens:
HMPDX_01-21-16_001.jpg

HMPDX_01-21-16_002.jpg

HMPDX_01-21-16_004.jpg

HMPDX_01-21-16_012.jpg

* Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis - New trailer.
Kamen-Rider-PV_01-21-16.jpg

* Rose & the Old Castle of Twilight - Screens galore and trailer!! If you're interested in this game, check out Gematsu's detailed preview.
Rose-Twilight-Castle_01-21-16_Top.jpg

Rose-Twilight-Castle_01-21-16_001.jpg

Rose-Twilight-Castle_01-21-16_003.jpg

Rose-Twilight-Castle_01-21-16_005.jpg

* World Trigger: Smash Borders - an F2P action game from Bandai Namco. Trailer here (of the smartphone version).
KnBDdrp.jpg

* Attack on Titan - new trailer.
sjfjLvd.jpg

* The Asterisk War - new trailer.
20160122_071615_thumb.png

* KanColle Kai - the oft delayed Japanese game now has a release date for Japan - Feb 18.
011_thumb-4.jpg

* GAMES ON SALE - NA STORE - There's an indie sale going on at the moment guys that ends tomorrow and it has some Vita games for sale at GREAT prices. Here's some of the better ones:

Actual Sunlight ($2), Badland ($4.80), Bastion ($3.75), Dead Nation ($3.20), Divekick ($1.25), Doki Doki Universe ($6), Don't Starve ($3.75), Dragon Fin Soup ($8), Escape Plan ($2.25), Flower ($1.05), Hohokum ($3), Hotline Miami ($2), Limbo ($2), Luftrausers ($2.50), Organ Trail ($4), Race the Sun ($2.50), Rainbow Moon ($1.50), Rogue Legacy ($4.25), Steins;Gate ($16), Stick it to the Man ($3.25), Terraria ($3), The Unfinished Swan ($3), Velocity 2X ($5) and Whispering Willows ($5) and even MORE. Check it out ASAP.

* The Banner Saga - Though Sony has a horrible reputation with the Vita, this is one story you'll want to read about how Sony actually SAVED the Banner Saga on the Vita from it's initial cancellation.
S5BNHmW.jpg

Thanks for the update Fady

Let's keep positive thinking!

You're most welcome bud :D I totally agree! I hope today's update adds even more positivity :D

Nice one Fady, thanks for the roundup!

If I can grab physical copies of Stranger of Sword City, Odin Sphere and Grand Kingdom on top of the good looking indies like Darkest Dungeon, Axiom Verge and Salt and Sanctuary, 2016 will be a great year for my Vita.

You're most welcome friend! Hope you enjoy today's update as well ;D

2016 is looking beautiful indeed.

Thanks for the update fam! :D

You're always most welcome bud :)

Another addition to the list: Sir Eatsalot

Announcement Teaser

Dev Twitter

Thanks bud! Added it up :)

Is this game, in any way, alike Dragonforce on the Saturn?

I'm not too sure - this one may have less strategy in it than Dragonforce but it looks like a big game to pick up for RPG fans all the same ;D

Didn't even know this was hitting the Vita - thanks Kresnik. Nice to see some devs not cancel their Vita versions haha. Added it up.

Thought some of you guys might enjoy this video of a struggling family's kid unboxing a Vita and games for Christmas, thanks to some help from a few redditors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBY-4Yvq6Wc

That is SO SWEET. And hats off to his parents for getting him TEARAWAY. More people need to get on that - PS4 owners included!!

Checks comments, jesus tapdacing christ fucking fanboys ruin everything.

The scary thing about comments on youtube videos in general is most people are not even joking around. The world can have a lot of sick or scary people in it ;/

redcrayon

Checks comments, jesus tapdacing christ fucking fanboys ruin everything.

Hats off to the posters from Reddit for sorting that out for that family, what awesome people! Was that a 64GB memory card they got him too? I imagine there was plenty of advice from Vita owners about how it's the only way to go :)

Really heartwarming story, what a cool family too.

Yeah, comments are the worst, heaven forbid a great kid should wish for something that isn't the most popular thing ever.

Top Bottom