• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

I just now saw the trailer, only looked at the gifs before. I'm in now, the artstyle and music sold me. I hope that's representative of the soundtrack

Uppers look cool but the panties why?

Nothing says over the top bro time like seeing some panties to get that blood flowing or getting a motorboat in.

So you're saying it's still possible for XSEED or NISA to bring Vita only titles to west? Both have couple of Vita exclusive titles waiting for localization, and their current 2016 schedule is pretty empty.

Both of them still have releases for the next few months though and it's not like the majority of their games need to be announced months ahead of time, unlike AAA games which need to be for advertising. Nisa has an event next month which will likely lead to a few announcements and we're likely to hear something from Xseed around the same time, so they can have a few extra releases before their E3 announcements.

So you're saying it's still possible for XSEED or NISA to bring Vita only titles to west? Both have couple of Vita exclusive titles waiting for localization, and their current 2016 schedule is pretty empty.

Of course. A good number of Vita exclusives came out last year, no sign of them stopping now.

Tohsaka

NISA has an event in February, they'll be announcing some games then. Most of what they could announce is for Vita, and some stuff like Exist Archive maybe that also has a Vita version. As far as XSEED goes, I expect they'll be revealing more of their 2016 lineup after they get their Q1 releases like Senran Kagura/Popolocrois etc. released.

18-Volt

NISA has an event in February, they'll be announcing some games then. Most of what they could announce is for Vita, and some stuff like Exist Archive maybe that also has a Vita version. As far as XSEED goes, I expect they'll be revealing more of their 2016 lineup after they get their Q1 releases like Senran Kagura/Popolocrois etc. released.

NISA's 2015 event was a letdown to be honest. We were waiting for Great Edo Blacksmith and Ukiyo games from Spike but all we had Dangan and Rodea, which both were basically confirmed before the event.

There are still many games that NISA could have in that next event, but I'm worried that it'll be just like last year: just Exist Archive and Dangan 3. Yet I still have a little piece of hope that games like Night Watch, Operation Babel or Hero Must Die will be there.

There are still many games that NISA could have in that next event, but I'm worried that it'll be just like last year: just Exist Archive and Dangan 3. Yet I still have a little piece of hope that games like Night Watch, Operation Babel or Hero Must Die will be there.

If Japan isn't even seeing Danganronpa 3 till the end of the year, there's little reason for Nisa to announce it for here already when it's likely to be a middle of the year release for 2017. I'd honestly hope they would have an event to announce more than just Exist Archive and/or PC ports.

Assasins Creed Chronicles is getting a physical release on Vita.
A week ago i was contacted by one of the retailers in my country that UBI cancelled the physical, but today i received a call from the same retailer that there will be one!

I hope that stays true. I remember it was listed on Best Buy here, but I was waiting for an Amazon listing.

I don't have much reason to buy it with no physical release, but I have a feeling I might like the pseudo-PoP poor man's Mark of the Ninja gameplay.

Tohsaka

NISA's 2015 event was a letdown to be honest. We were waiting for Great Edo Blacksmith and Ukiyo games from Spike but all we had Dangan and Rodea, which both were basically confirmed before the event.

Yeah, last year definitely was a letdown. I'm expecting Exist Archive, Yomawari and maybe CG2 this year. Operation Babel is possible but Stranger still isn't out yet so I don't know if they'd want to announce another Experience title yet.

Clive

Let's not forget that Xseed brought over Brandish: The Dark Revenant, a PSP exclusive, in 2015. I think it's fair to say the PSP "died" in 2013 and didn't get any even remotely mainstream titles after 2011.

Edit: in the west.

Agree about last year. To be honest, I felt last year as a whole was a bit of a let down for NISA.

I'd love Hero Must Die almost more than anyone I think, haha, but their press conference is too soon for it, it'll have only just released in Japan. Yomawari has a shot though.

Shizuka

Agree about last year. To be honest, I felt last year as a whole was a bit of a let down for NISA.

I'd love Hero Must Die almost more than anyone I think, haha, but their press conference is too soon for it, it'll have only just released in Japan. Yomawari has a shot though.

As long as NISA is bringing me that yearly EXP goodness, they can't completely let me down.

mollipen

Has anyone seen confirmation on if Gal*Gun will be getting a retail release in NA, or should we be ordering the UK physical version?

I really want to play Yomawari (Night Watch). That's one of my most-wanted localizations right now. The creature designs are so cool and unique and I love the look and feel of the whole thing.

Firefly Diary was a success, wasn't it? Is there any reason why Yomawari is still MIA? :(

18-Volt

I really want to play Yomawari (Night Watch). That's one of my most-wanted localizations right now. The creature designs are so cool and unique and I love the look and feel of the whole thing.

Firefly Diary was a success, wasn't it? Is there any reason why Yomawari is still MIA? :(

Htol#niq was announced for western release 5 months after its Japanese release. Give it some time. Next month's conference is the best place for it.

Htol#niq was announced for western release 5 months after its Japanese release. Give it some time. Next month's conference is the best place for it.

I didn't even realize there was a conference. I'm only just starting to get into small Japanese games like this and thought announcements were pretty random. This gives me something to look forward to.

The game came out in Japan at the end of October, usually it takes several months for any kind of localization announcement on niche games and Nisa is having an event next month. If it's coming, it will be announced then.

My only worry with stuff like Yomiwari and Rose and the Old Castle is risking waiting for a physical release in the west, and NISA never confirming until the last month or so... and then having missed out on imports that possibly can't be gotten anymore. It worked out well with Firefly Diaries, but who knows if it's worth it for NISA to do it again.

I've always been a bit more stressed out than I probably should be with the waiting and guessing game of Vita releases.

I don't expect more from them.They didn't really strike gold with the first game in order to be able to significantly scale up production for the next one. I liked the way it looks, though so that probably helps.

Something fluid but still minimalist like Teslagrad would probably be my ideal for this kind of sketch look, but I'm ok with the paper doll technique.

I never played firefly diary but I feel disappointed seeing the same stale and clunky animations in Rose and the Old Castle :|

NIS hasn't exactly been in the best of positions lately and reusing assets or animations just so they can push out these lower risk games is about all they can do. I just hope that they learned something when it came to the touchpad in FD and how awful it was, they really needed stick controls at the start with it. I'm sure we'd get a patched version anyway, but giving Japan touch only at the start doesn't exactly leave a good impression.

Shizuka

By the way, since some of you here might know this better:

We are currently getting a submission build for Sony to evaluate before we can get the final approval to release The Fruit of Grisaia on PSVita.

Doesn't that mean master testing, a.k.a. it'll be released as soon as SCEA gives them the okay?

Better not be Digital Only. I want my Physical Release dammit.

AqDcRQx.png

Who knows, maybe if the individual games are small enough they could pack the whole trilogy on a cartridge.

is retail version of Shovel Knight Vita still a thing?

I haven't heard anything since that KS blog update months ago saying they may do one. Same thing you heard last probably.

I'm curious to know how their Wal-Mart/Amazon/GameStop push worked out for the other releases. A Vita release you could only buy direct online, that didn't require as big an investment in print numbers and netted more profit with no retailers cuts, probably would sell through an impressive number in no time flat and end with no strings attached. It would be a perfect storm of popularity and relative fear of missing out on a collector-centric platform.

Takao

Banned
is retail version of Shovel Knight Vita still a thing?

It never was a thing. People complained. Yacht Club said "Maybe," but that was a maybe that I felt was only said to placate complainers.

I haven't heard anything since that KS blog update months ago saying they may do one. Same thing you heard last probably.

I'm curious to know how their Wal-Mart/Amazon/GameStop push worked out for the other releases. A Vita release you could only buy direct online, that didn't require as big an investment in print numbers and netted more profit with no retailers cuts, probably would sell through an impressive number in no time flat and end with no strings attached. It would be a perfect storm of popularity and relative fear of missing out on a collector-centric platform.

Physical Shovel Knight 3DS sold 27,000 units in the US as of the end of December. The Wii U version did 23,000. No clue on PS4.

http://www.compileheart.com/countdown/20160126/

New compile heart game? Will it be for vita, PS4? PC? MOBILE?! -shot-

I'm going to guess PS4 given it's under the Idea Factory International label. None of their PC ports have made it to Japan, so I don't think they'd do a teaser for a bunch of late launches.

SarusGray

Any time in also - do you think even though at the expense of their own , and want to be a help of people

Help me decipher this on the website someone who knows Japanese :((

They weren't. They were released individually.

Wish they would just do a "Limited" run with a neat collector's box and such. But it's Sekai.
Sekai Project is making their own ports, so we don't know what the game sizes will be. But you know, if they're clever they could make use of the fact that (I imagine) all 3 VNs share a bunch of assets, so they wouldn't have to include each of those on the cartridge 3 times.

AniHawk

one of these games is right, but not from the right place.

there are more vita games to release this year. there's just not many that will be exclusive

18-Volt

one of these games is right, but not from the right place.

there are more vita games to release this year. there's just not many that will be exclusive

But there are no other multiplat/Vita games that NISA could localize other than Exist Archive and New Dangan 3. Dangan is coming in Q3 in Japan so that one is probably late 2016/2017 for west. Kadokawa stuff are also coming to west, but they say development is just started for both, so they will take some time too.

There are 3 already released Vita games awaiting for localization from NIS: Yomawari, Operation Babel and Criminal Girls 2 and 3 upcoming games: Hero Must Die, Rose and the Old Castle and Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain. I'm guessing there will be 2 of them at the next month's conference: Yomawari and Criminal Girls 2. If we're lucky we'll get Babel too, but I'm not counting on that one.

redcrayon

Japan doesn't give a fuck to western puritanism.
It's hardly puritanism to wonder why a fighting game needs characters leaping on female characters to start sniffing their crotch or sticking their head in their cleavage. Plenty of western media has characters with all kinds of revealing outfits and sexual themes, but this giving characters this kind of behaviour is generally seen as distasteful. That's not puritanism.

If it was people complaining about relatively mild stuff like a female character showing a bit of leg or sexual themes in general then fair enough, but even then it's hardly western-specific when plenty of people love that stuff.

'Japan doesn't give a fuck about western puritanism' isn't really a great defence of this otaku-bait stuff when it isn't exactly widely seen as fantastic in Japan either, and is a fairly-maligned, niche product there too.

Mass-market Japanese games aren't the ones full of this stuff, it sells to a small subset of gamers even in their own country.

It's hardly puritanism to wonder why a fighting game needs characters leaping on female characters to start sniffing their crotch or sticking their head in their cleavage.

If it was people complaining about relatively mild stuff like a female character showing a bit of leg or sexual themes in general then fair enough, but 'Japan doesn't give a fuck about western puritanism' isn't really a great defence of this otaku-bait stuff when it isn't exactly widely seen as fantastic in Japan either, and is a fairly-maligned, niche product there too.

Mass-market Japanese games aren't the ones full of this stuff, it sells to a small subset of gamers even in their own country.
the stuff that Uppers has shown so far is tame as hell. Way to prove the point and blow it out of proportion

redcrayon

the stuff that Uppers has shown so far is tame as hell. Way to prove the point and blow it out of proportion
You think that me finding some of the actions of the characters in the videos so far distasteful is me being puritanical? It really isn't, unless your definition of 'puritanical' is very different to mine.

This is the video I'm referring to, around 1m in. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PyMv2ISbEUw

Would you agree that it's hardly widely accepted in Japan either? I don't see how wondering how someone thrusting their face into someone else's crotch without being invited to is necessary for a fighting game falls under any definition of 'puritanical'.

Top Bottom