• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Takao

Banned
Figure that people might also be interested to know that Skullgirls on Vita supports local multiplayer on PSTV, too!

Sync up two controllers and you can play each other just like the console versions.

...Are we the only game that actually uses this feature?

Nidhogg supports multiple controllers on PSTV.

redcrayon

Helldivers (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Nom Nom Galaxy (PS4)

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
Grid Autosport (PS3)

Lemmings Touch (PS Vita)
Nova 111 (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
PS+ looks good next month. I've had my eye on Nova 111 and Helldivers for a while.

Must be 20 years since I played lemmings though, is it a straight port or a remake?

PS+ looks good next month. I've had my eye on Nova 111 and Helldivers for a while.

Must be 20 years since I played lemmings though, is it a straight port or a remake?

I know it's childish but after NomNom Galaxy Vita was cancelled I didn't want to give them my money. So getting it for "free" sounds great because it seems like a fun game to play on the V(RP).

I didn't even like lemmings when it was new (back on the Amiga) so I think I'll skip it this time.

redcrayon

Neither. It's a new game and not a very good one at that. Visually it's one of the most amateurish things I've ever seen published by Sony.
That's a shame, thanks anyway.

I was going to buy Nova111 at launch, it's exactly the kind of game I like, but I had loads of other stuff to play at the time. Very pleased to see it roll around on PS+ so quickly.

Olengie

Sekai Project is making their own ports, so we don't know what the game sizes will be. But you know, if they're clever they could make use of the fact that (I imagine) all 3 VNs share a bunch of assets, so they wouldn't have to include each of those on the cartridge 3 times.

I thought the only thing they were porting is the Vita version to PC.

Are they doing a Vita Port to PC then port that version to Vita?

I thought the only thing they were porting is the Vita version to PC.

Are they doing a Vita Port to PC then port that version to Vita?
Yes, because they couldn't work things out with the developer that did the Vita port in Japan. Sekai Project was always going to do the Vita port themselves (along with the Mac/Linux ports)

I know it's childish but after NomNom Galaxy Vita was cancelled I didn't want to give them my money. So getting it for "free" sounds great because it seems like a fun game to play on the V(RP).

I didn't even like lemmings when it was new (back on the Amiga) so I think I'll skip it this time.
the devs still get $$$ from Sony when you download it for "free"

SarusGray

website for the newest ys thats for ps4 and ps vita is open http://www.falcom.com/ys8/index.html

main01.jpg

Summer Release 2016 ;o

redcrayon

I only started playing the Ys games with Celceta, but it's rapidly become one of my favourite series. Can't wait for this new one, presumably we won't see it until next summer at the earliest, but that and Bloodstained make for a good 2017 on Vita for me.

nampad

Figure that people might also be interested to know that Skullgirls on Vita supports local multiplayer on PSTV, too!

Sync up two controllers and you can play each other just like the console versions.

...Are we the only game that actually uses this feature?

It's not as crisp as the console versions, but I still think it looks pretty good.

The sprites are half the res of the console versions. There's some stair-stepping because the screen is 75% of 720p, but this is the best performance/visual balance we could find.

For performance purposes we had to use 2D backgrounds, remove the point lighting effects and reduce the sprite smoothing to reach an acceptable frame rate.

The port took a while because what we do to make SG look the way it does does not really agree well with the Vita hardware. The way we use shaders and lighting, in particular, really stressed the system so it took a fair amount of work to work around those limitations.

Yes, text and spoken languages can be set independently from each other.

It'll default to your system language text / English voices on the first boot, but will save whatever you customize after that.

Also, PM me about the press thing, please!

We'd like to do limited run physical PS4 and Vita releases, but that probably won't be until after the lobby patch is released.

If/when it happens, there will likely be some kind of pre-order scenario so we're not making a ton more than we need.

Backgrounds are using the static 2D option from the PC version. We really wanted to keep the 3D backgrounds, but the performance hit just wasn't worth it.

The only stage that I think really suffers from this, I think, is Robo-Fortune's train stage since that was the only really "animated" stage in the game.

And the buttons are remappable, and we have front-screen macros to help with the lack of L2/R2, as well.

I was already going to buy your game but I have to applaud you for going the extra mile with things like 2 player support on PSTV.

Wow, glad to hear some real effort was put into the Skullgirls port. I'll be nabbing the Japanese Vita physical release for my collection, probably grab the PS4 version as well if I enjoy it enough.

This week has been pretty great for me regarding Vita releases. Was lucky enough to snag Saturday Morning RPG yesterday, got Lego Avengers and Trails through from Amazon and got my lovely limited edition of Darius through from Japan on Tuesday.

And gameplay wise I love Darius. I was worried the ultra widescreen mode would be too small on the Vita but it isn't, its perfectly playable (not to mention insanely addictive). The base gameplay rocks, boss fights are awesome fun and there is so much content in this game its nuts. I'll be alternating between this and Avengers for quite a while I think!

Adventures of Mana comes out next week in Japan on Vita/mobile
and also in the west on mobile ;_;

At least we'll get some impressions I guess

Disappointed by Sound Shapes, doesn't play fluidly and the tunes are bad (at least for the first 3 levels).

Any good review or gameplay of Knytt Underground?

You're wrong.

If this is directed towards my opinion of Sound Shapes, let me clarify my points.

1) My expectation was a platformer that played well and used music well. The game is successful for the latter part, but I don't enjoy the platformer aspects- doesn't feel fluid and there aren't enough mechanics at play. I do enjoy adding notes as I play through a level.

2) The game's soundtrack is not for me, don't know the name of the genre but I'm more of an old school rock person. That said, I did enjoy similar game soundtracks (such as Hotline Miami) beforehand, I think it could have been better. No memorable tracks from the 10-odd levels I completed so far.

3) Not enough content. There's, like, 5 different "albums" with 4 levels each. I know you can share levels via the level editor, but I soubt (m)any user created levels could have the same creativity and coherence in aesthetics as the already created albums. Sad to see.

4) Environmental and aesthetic design is magnificent. Loved the way many levels look, but not so much how they played.

5) The game is way too linear, which hurt my immersion. More collectibles/branching paths could have saved the platforming aspect.

Haven't tried any user-created levels yet (will do that if/when I finish the campaigns).

Was expecting a game with robust gameplay and good music, and I was disappointed on those two fronts. Worth the 2$ I paid for it, but not worth more than $10 or so IMO. (would be $5 if not for the level creator)

redcrayon

Adventures of Mana comes out next week in Japan on Vita/mobile
and also in the west on mobile ;_;

At least we'll get some impressions I guess
I'm really hoping we see it eventually, I have fond memories of the GB original (less so the GBA remake).

I'd love to see us get Star Ocean 2 localised as well, if only because the PSP version isnt available on the EU store.

I got a quesiton, It seems my AC adapter that came with my Vita 2000 just died. Now my question is. Do older Adapters work with the new Vitas? Amazon has them for cheap. I know I can charge them with any other mini usb adapter. But Im looking for an Official OEM one.

This is massive support for a "dead" system. It reaffirms my decision to eventually buy a Vita.

The back catalog is already big, so I'll be playing this thing for quite a long time.

Best Final Fantasy story (out of Vita-compatible FF titles that are on sale on PSN right now)?

Thinking FFVI.

edit: Options are

Bundled 1&2

(basically from 1+2 to FF9 except FF4)

The worst part about MC prices isn't that the big ones are so expensive, but even a fucking 8GB one is still 20€. I need one for my PSTV but I feel like an idiot paying that much for 8GB for a system I only use every now and then

the fuck

Top Bottom