• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

You sure he isn't talking about Unity for PSM? That's not the same as native Unity development on Vita and has naturally been abandoned as PSM is done. To deploy native Unity you'd need a supposedly expensive license and a Vita dev kit.

Oh interesting!

Didn't realize there was a distinction

You sure he isn't talking about Unity for PSM? That's not the same as native Unity development on Vita and has naturally been abandoned as PSM is done. To deploy native Unity you'd need a supposedly expensive license and a Vita dev kit.
No idea, sorry. I'm pretty sure they're not intending to develop for PSM for obvious reasons, but it could very well be a misunderstanding. Just something I saw recently.

Shizuka

He's not, that Prefundia is recent and PSM was never mentioned during that project.

autoduelist

Robert from Zeboyd Games (Cosmic Star Heroine) said this just a few weeks ago.
I think it's fine.

Robert's post should be forever quoted when this comes up. So many devs rely on 'brute force' rather than optimization to run games [and apps]... and that's not really a knock against them, because there's no reason to spend time optimizing code when a machine is powerful enough to run it regardless [just like we don't need to be careful picking up a glass of water, unlike we might with a heavy box]. But then you go to port it to a weaker system, and bam, you discover the entire thing basically needs to be recoded because it's an un-optimized mess of processor choke points.

And bringing up the smaller screen is also important. Just changing the zoom level to make it appropriate for a smaller screen can drastically affect gameplay.

Ouren

I'm doing some 3D art for UD, however, I'm also a Unity/Vita guy.
That being said, I can't speak for the UD team, but I can speak as someone who uses both toolsets.

I am not aware of any current incompatibilities between Unity and PS Vita as it stands now.

Robert's assertion that most games at this scale are not optimized at all is also very, very right.

EDIT:
Went and looked in the devnet– Unity is being very well maintained.
I've sent this to the UD folks for correction.

redcrayon

Robert's post should be forever quoted when this comes up. So many devs rely on 'brute force' rather than optimization to run games [and apps]... and that's not really a knock against them, because there's no reason to spend time optimizing code when a machine is powerful enough to run it regardless [just like we don't need to be careful picking up a glass of water, unlike we might with a heavy box]. But then you go to port it to a weaker system, and bam, you discover the entire thing basically needs to be recoded because it's an un-optimized mess of processor choke points.

And bringing up the smaller screen is also important. Just changing the zoom level to make it appropriate for a smaller screen can drastically affect gameplay.
The big one for me recently is type sizes. Both the vita ports of Space Hulk and Dragon Fin Soup have tiny type which probably looked ok on a monitor/TV/iPad, but is now far too small on a portable.

Prelude.

I'm doing some 3D art for UD, however, I'm also a Unity/Vita guy.
That being said, I can't speak for the UD team, but I can speak as someone who uses both toolsets.

I am not aware of any current incompatibilities between Unity and PS Vita as it stands now.

Robert's assertion that most games at this scale are not optimized at all is also very, very right.

EDIT:
Went and looked in the devnet– Unity is being very well maintained.
I've sent this to the UD folks for correction.
Thanks for helping.
Btw, how's VA-11 HALL-A going?

Right. Like with CSH, I got the game working on the PS4 in under a day. And it ran fantastically other than a couple things like some momentary lag when combat started. And of course, the same thing barely could run at all on the Vita. So I checked the combat start code & I discovered that it was way more system intensive than it needed to be. So I redid that & started finding all sorts of other areas to improve efficiency. So I kept updating & improving stuff and now the game runs even better on PS4 (smoother & lightning load times) & runs really well on the Vita too.

As far as font sizes go, I don't have great vision & large fonts work well with a retro style anyway so we always err on the side of caution.

Ouren

Thanks for helping.
Btw, how's VA-11 HALL-A going?

No problem!
I've been told that development questions regarding VA-11 HALL-A should be directed to Sukeban Games. We have not started the Vita port as of yet, as the game is incomplete.

Prelude.

No problem!
I've been told that development questions regarding VA-11 HALL-A should be directed to Sukeban Games. We have not started the Vita port as of yet, as the game is incomplete.
Yeah, I was asking specifically about your port. Are you gonna start after the game releases?

redcrayon

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1180230

Vitagaf, if you are interested in a western version of Adventures of Mana on Vita, you might want to say so on the SE blog, they are thinking about it. (No guarantees so don't get your hopes up! :D)
UPDATE! We've been hearing a lot of requests for Adventures of Mana on Vita which I've passed onto the development team and they would like to share a special message with you:

==========

Thank you for all of your comments on a PS Vita edition of Adventures of Mana.

We’ve been listening to your feedback and because of your passion for the game, we’re going to look into making a PS Vita version of Adventures of Mana for the west. We can’t guarantee we’ll be able to make this happen but we will see what we can do.

We’ll let you know if we have any news, so watch out for future updates and thank you for your support.

It would be weird to make that statement but then not deliver. I doubt there are any real hurdles if they want to release it. So hyped.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Man I really hope they bring it over. I don't see why they wouldn't, since the translating seems to have already been done for the mobile version.

Seems like Square is finally getting behind the Vita. Certainly in Japan, and now it seems in the west as well.

Yeah if it's brought over and sells decently that can only mean good things for Setsuna and SaGa (if that even still exists)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah if it's brought over and sells decently that can only mean good things for Setsuna and SaGa (if that even still exists)

I have no doubts that DQB, setsuna and SaGa will be localized, unlike Chaos Rings and Adventure of Mana they are not mobile games.

I have no doubts that DQB, setsuna and SaGa will be localized, unlike Chaos Rings and Adventure of Mana they are not mobile games.

I cant wait for the SaGa Scarlet Grace Gameplay reveal

Ive always enjoyed the quirky rpg mechanics in SaGa games and their unique art design

Hopefully they follow in those footsteps for Scarlet Grace

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I cant wait for the SaGa Scarlet Grace Gameplay reveal

Ive always enjoyed the quirky rpg mechanics in SaGa games and their unique art design

Hopefully they follow in those footsteps for Scarlet Grace

I wonder when we'll see something, obviously Saga was announced too early, it was probably in the very initial phase of development(announced with just a single artwork, i mean really?), but now some time has passed.

They haven't hinted at any release dates for either of those have they?
Not yet i think.

Takao

Banned
M44A5Pj.jpg

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/689459511132696577

duckroll

Need some serious advice. Was out shopping just now, and somehow in a lapse of good judgement I bought not one but TWO retail Vita games in a store. I'm not sure if they had security cameras or anything. I'm pretty worried now. When should I expect the cops to arrive? Should I resist? Is there anything I can do to plead my case? Anyone else had this experience? Or does everyone just buy anonymously on PSN these days?

Need some serious advice. Was out shopping just now, and somehow in a lapse of good judgement I bought not one but TWO retail Vita games in a store. I'm not sure if they had security cameras or anything. I'm pretty worried now. When should I expect the cops to arrive? Should I resist? Is there anything I can do to plead my case? Anyone else had this experience? Or does everyone just buy anonymously on PSN these days?

There are still stores with retail Vita games? You sure that wasn't a dream?

They'll check up on you but just don't let them see the game covers and you'll be fine.

I can't remember is this the one they're bringing West in the first place?

18-Volt

Western no and not likely until E3 at least for DQB which is out in Japan. Setsuna and SaGa Scarlet Grace are both Fall 16 in Japan and likely early 2017 for the West.

Setsuna is coming out next week in Japan. Square probably will announce western release shortly after.

Takao

Banned
I can't remember is this the one they're bringing West in the first place?

Yes, but I highly doubt Bandai Namco's western branches will give it a physical release. The game is getting significant updates (don't know if they'll all be issued as a patch or as DLC for the new Mobile Suits), so if you're not just looking to collect or really value physical copies, it'll probably be better to just wait until the NA/EU launches.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

You fell into the trap! You will be forever dooooooomeeeeeeeeed!

Good work :D
What did you buy?

duckroll

You fell into the trap! You will be forever dooooooomeeeeeeeeed!

Good work :D
What did you buy?

Yeah I think it's pretty much over. I thought I could get away with just buying games on PSN, but the lack of availability for certain titles on the Asian store has doomed me!

Digimon Story and EDF2. Pretty happy so far!

Labadal

I'm 50/50 on physical/digital library on Vita.

If you stick to PSN, a 64GB card is basically a must have.

Were they given to you in a brown envelope? :O

Averon

Going to pick up a Vita 2000 in a couple days, and I have a few questions.

How's the battery life and build quality compared to the Vita-1000?
I have one PS3, one PS4, and one Vita-1000 linked to my PSN account. Can I link this new Vita to my PSN account and re-download my PSN games to that new Vita?

Going to pick up a Vita 2000 in a couple days, and I have a few questions.

How's the battery life and build quality compared to the Vita-1000?
I have one PS3, one PS4, and one Vita-1000 linked to my PSN account. Can I link this new Vita to my PSN account and re-download my PSN games to that new Vita?

Battery life is better by an hour at least, and build quality is great. Some people say it feels less "premium", but I like the feel of it much better than the 1000. The only thing you may encounter are squeaky buttons but those usually disappear with time.

You can have 3 portable systems attached to your account so a second Vita is no problem. Consoles are separate.

I have been forced to by physical games for a while now, and even physical games that I already own digitally. When you fill your 64GB memory card and have a list of twenty games you're interested in in 2016, you have no other choice.

I have been forced to by physical games for a while now, and even physical games that I already own digitally. When you fill your 64GB memory card and have a list of twenty games you're interested in in 2016, you have no other choice.

Shit you are right

It IS going to be a tricky 2016 with memory management

Fuck you Sony. Should have had SD card support from the start assholes

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah I think it's pretty much over. I thought I could get away with just buying games on PSN, but the lack of availability for certain titles on the Asian store has doomed me!

Digimon Story and EDF2. Pretty happy so far!

Awesome choices! :D

You could just delete games

nah

Realistically, I know that deleting games that I finish is the most practical solution. But I have ~100 games on my Vita and I really like having a library like that. I like to sort and organize and simply behold all the games I own for the system.

Not to mention that I have only played about 15 of these ~100 games and most of my library is backlog. Deleting the games I have finished wouldn't make a huge difference, especially with all the games coming out this year. So what I would really have to do is only download the games I am currently playing. Since I only play one game at a time, and for long periods, I would only have one bubble.

And I didn't buy a 64GB memory card for one bubble. I bought it so I could cram it with as many games as possible and have as huge of a library as possible. So that's what I will do.

If the ship sinks from over-encumberance, I'm going down with it. This was always how I died.

Top Bottom