• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

redcrayon

There are still stores with retail Vita games? You sure that wasn't a dream?
Heh, I think I saw a couple in my local Game the other week, they have this one pathetic little shelf with all the most mediocre titles on it at £20 a pop. To be fair they do the same with the WiiU, where secondhand Wii games have four times the space, and the 3DS, where DS games from almost a decade ago have far more shelf space. Goes to show what they sell the least/most of I suppose.

On the bright side, they have a big display of PSN cards which are pretty much the only thing I buy from them.

repeater

Has there been any news about XCOM for the Vita? I feel like there has been very good evidence for this being a thing for a LONG time, and it would be perfect to release around XCOM2, yet we haven't heard a single official word about it..

Has there been any news about XCOM for the Vita? I feel like there has been very good evidence for this being a thing for a LONG time, and it would be perfect to release around XCOM2, yet we haven't heard a single official word about it..

The trophies have leaked IIRC.

Cornbread78

I just bought Dungeon Travellers 2 and all the STING PSP games.

I already had over 2 dozen games in my backlog for Vita.

I have a problem.

No worries, I have like 20+ games on backlog that will be sitting there for awhile. Oh and I just bought SAO on sale and just need $10 more cah, so I can but Trails at GameStop.

ethelred

Realistically, I know that deleting games that I finish is the most practical solution. But I have ~100 games on my Vita and I really like having a library like that. I like to sort and organize and simply behold all the games I own for the system. [...] And I didn't buy a 64GB memory card for one bubble. I bought it so I could cram it with as many games as possible and have as huge of a library as possible. So that's what I will do.

Though I only have about 65 games on mine, this is my essential philosophy as well. I'd really prefer to have as large a collection as possible. So I very much want a larger card; I only have about 5 gigs left, which isn't sufficient for all the remaining games I'd like to add to that collection.

repeater

The trophies have leaked IIRC.
Right, but that was in October. Why the hell hasn't there been any official confirmation of this? I've got XCOM in my Steam library and I'm eyeing Enemy Within in the current Steam sale, but I feel like I'd much rather play it on my Vita than on PC. There's a chance of making some money off people like me here, especially now around the release of the sequel. What are they waiting for?

autoduelist

I have been forced to by physical games for a while now, and even physical games that I already own digitally. When you fill your 64GB memory card and have a list of twenty games you're interested in in 2016, you have no other choice.

I think last time I checked I have 200g+ of digital games for my vita. I keep a lot of games on my 64, but there's no chance they'll ever all fit. I still prefer digital over physical though because i prefer my hoarding to be in a spreadsheet than taking up space on a shelf. And if i'm on a trip, etc, i can generally download something if necessary.

In general, I find 64g enough to keep all my 'pick up and play games' [pinball, super stardust, txk, etc, etc] as well as my 'collection gems' like the chronos as well as a massive pile of 'maybe i'll get to this' games.

No worries, I have like 20+ games on backlog that will be sitting there for awhile. Oh and I just bought SAO on sale and just need $10 more cah, so I can but Trails at GameStop.

20. I wish i had only 20 games in my backlog. I have a backlog of hundreds just on my vita, and I don't even want to think about ps2/3/4/steam.

There are still stores with retail Vita games? You sure that wasn't a dream?

Fred Meyers in the pacific northwest region of the US still has a relatively massive vita selection with new titles being consistently picked up (a couple full shelves, probably 50+ unique games). Best Buy near me has about 5 games.

cireza

Gold Member
I just bought Dungeon Travellers 2 and all the STING PSP games.

I already had over 2 dozen games in my backlog for Vita.

I have a problem.
Yggdra Union is one the most amazing T-RPG I played. As almost every Sting game, it has a very complex game system to master, but I love the presentation, characters and musics.

redcrayon

It's the range of stuff on the Vita that leads to a backlog for me.

Top of my list are Persona 3P and Arc the Lad 3 (PSOne). I'm saving those for an RPG drought that seems to rarely occur these days!
Also, Frozen Synapse I want to finish, and Crypt of the Necrodancer. I also have a small backlog of scrolling shooters to play with Gaia Seed, Darius, Metal Slug and a few others.

I'm quite disciplined with PS+- I tend to try everything for half an hour or so and then either bin it immediately if it isn't for me, or put it in the 'play later' pile. As such, I think ove only got half a dozen or so PS+ games that I want to play.

Looks like a great year up ahead for my Vita with Stranger, Grand Kingdom and Odin sphere leading the charge, plus God Eater and loads of smaller titles.

Right, but that was in October. Why the hell hasn't there been any official confirmation of this? I've got XCOM in my Steam library and I'm eyeing Enemy Within in the current Steam sale, but I feel like I'd much rather play it on my Vita than on PC. There's a chance of making some money off people like me here, especially now around the release of the sequel. What are they waiting for?

Civ Rev 2 Plus was leaking at the beginning of 2015 and Play-Asia had it listed for July. Didn't actually release until December in Asia and still isn't out in the west.

Don't cross your fingers for any time soon.

And if you want to talk about a long wait for XCOM, check this out:

http://thevitalounge.net/2014/05/06/tesco-lists-xcom-enemy-unknown-for-vita/

May 2014. I've been waiting for the game since then :p

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Fred Meyers in the pacific northwest region of the US still has a relatively massive vita selection with new titles being consistently picked up (a couple full shelves, probably 50+ unique games). Best Buy near me has about 5 games.

I live in the PNW and the Best Buy I work for depresses me every time I walk by our one shelf of Vita merch. Friday we had 3 Vita games, a case, the 32GB memory cards, and for some reason beyond me a single copy of a Michael Jackson PSP game. But yeah, the Fred Meyer I go to does have a surprisingly robust Vita section.

Li Kao

I think last time I checked I have 200g+ of digital games for my vita. I keep a lot of games on my 64, but there's no chance they'll ever all fit. I still prefer digital over physical though because i prefer my hoarding to be in a spreadsheet than taking up space on a shelf. And if i'm on a trip, etc, i can generally download something if necessary.

You know you make me think once again that digital shelves don't get enough love. I would like to be able to browse my virtual collection in a handy way (read: not the download list), view the covers, be able to browse by metadata like release year, genre etc.
The situation in the state it is now is just sad.

Li Kao

I like staring my physical vita games.

I wouldn't go as far as staring but yeah, maybe I'm naive but I think there are ways of making virtual games more 'physical'. So far the answer seems to be to throw up some very barebone listing on the user's screen... I think we can do better.

You could just delete games

nah

The problem with that is that if you don't have PS+, which to be honest isn't a great deal if you only have a Vita, you're pretty much forced to delete your save files if you want to delete a game, because Sony is fucking stupid and cloud back-up is the only way to keep them. (I think you can also do a complete memory back-up to pc, but fuck that.) That and PS3 auto-update, which you shouldn't need to pay for, are the only reason I pay for it.

Also, new Project Diva X trailer. :)

Dumb question for the active Vita community here: switching my memory card between the pstv and my vita, any way to not mess up all the bubbles? Am I better off getting a smaller second memory card for the games I want to stream with my pstv?

Also pretty sure this thread (or a version of it) was where I first read about Cyber Sleuth and good thing too, absolutely adore it

The problem with that is that if you don't have PS+, which to be honest isn't a great deal if you only have a Vita, you're pretty much forced to delete your save files if you want to delete a game, because Sony is fucking stupid and cloud back-up is the only way to keep them. (I think you can also do a complete memory back-up to pc, but fuck that.) That and PS3 auto-update, which you shouldn't need to pay for, are the only reason I pay for it.

Also, new Project Diva X trailer. :)

You don't need to do a complete memory backup to PC, you can backup and restore individual games (much more reliably at that).

Dumb question for the active Vita community here: switching my memory card between the pstv and my vita, any way to not mess up all the bubbles? Am I better off getting a smaller second memory card for the games I want to stream with my pstv?

Also pretty sure this thread (or a version of it) was where I first read about Cyber Sleuth and good thing too, absolutely adore it

After the first database rebuild (which just associates that card until it has to associate another one), it's caused by two different bubbles trying to occupy the same space.

You can study the utility bubbles like settings, power, store etc and identify where they overlap and which ones aren't present on both. Physical install bubbles sometimes install to the system and not the card, so you have to make sure not to try and fill those empty spots by mistake. If you can get things lined up, it's possible.

It's easier to do with a smaller capacity card and less apps, but it's not easy to figure out and can be hard to maintain even if you do. I just use a 32 on the PS TV and a 64 in the Vita. If you have PS+ it's easy enough to just transfer your save back and forth, and a few games have cloud saving built in.

Grab your walkin’ stick and your favorite talking animal friend because Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate is headed to PS Vita on July 26th.

As Koppa tells it, The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate is an enhanced and expanded update of Shiren The Wanderer 5, which was previously available only in Japan.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/08/shiren-the-wanderer-launches-july-26th-on-ps-vita/

24456168229_226abd48e8_b.jpg

wow
totally unexpected

RK128

The Shiren announcement just gave me so much hope for future localizations.
That was the last title I expected to come over

I was surprised with that news too; a game I never heard about coming over and it looks really :D!

In the same boat buddy; paints a great picture for future PS Vita localization's for 2016 and 2017 :).

What a cool day. Hope that gets localized too. I'm confident it will be after the miracle that is Shiren.

Yeah. A niche-as-hell but cool looking game announced for localization and one announce in Japan that has every chance of being localized, too. A good day indeed.

It's started very well with the releases (here in EU) of Volume, Trails of Cold Steel and Digimon! Can't wait for the next months :D

If all goes to plan, Vita 2016 should trounce 2015 in terms of games. 2014 is the one to beat, though :p

Yeah if the next NISA and XSEED announcements are good, this is gonna be a great year.

I love how this thread swings from super optimism into depression almost monthly haha

EDIT: I also need Miku X but SEGA has been garbage lately and I think I'll import it

18-Volt

Yeah if the next NISA and XSEED announcements are good, this is gonna be a great year.

I love how this thread swings from super optimism into depression almost monthly haha

Optimism comes from Japan and depression is from the indies. There is an indie cancellation for every localization announcement.

In addition of XSEED and NISA, Atlus needs to announce some for this year too. Some Aquaplus titles, since that's what they have been bringing last couple years. Utawarerumono, I've been waiting this game since its PSP release in Japan, i think it's time we're introduced to series.

Optimism comes from Japan and depression is from the indies. There is an indie cancellation for every localization announcement.

In addition of XSEED and NISA, Atlus needs to announce some for this year too. Some Aquaplus titles, since that's what they have been bringing last couple years. Utawarerumono, I've been waiting this game since its PSP release in Japan, i think it's time we're introduced to series.

If that's how it works, please cancel more indies.

We'll probably have to import Miku X, yeah. Would be cool to know one way or another. I don't mind pre-ordering already if I know they won't announce localization the day after my copy ships.

At least with the indies there's several other systems they can be played on, some of which run much better on everything else. The problem with the non indies is that many of them are Vita only, which makes no announcement of their localization that much worse.

I wouldn't want to trade off Axiom Verge for anything, even though I have it on PS4. It would have to be for a physical English release of Final Fantasy XII HD.

Top Bottom