• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

I didn't see it anywhere, but the other day the Read Only Memories devs were in the OT teasing the DX release, release date and a physical release for the Vita.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1129197&page=2

We're coming out with Read Only Memories DX with voice acting, new puzzles and some other improvements for PS4, Vita and PC/Mac in the summer ...we'll have more info soon about what that will look like!

zOsyD7j.gif

any chance for physical DX on vita?

@sixteen-bit

Funny you'd ask for that... I'd say....stay tuned around march/april ;)

@epcott

Thank you!!! Although you may not need to /triple/ dip once we announce how we'll handle upgrading existing users to DX! (although personally, I think the PS4 and Vita versions will be really cool...hoping we can do cross-buy with it!!!)

Go over there and tell 'em you're hype, if you are. I reckon it's good motivation.

Quixzlizx

Use the PSDLE extension with Google Chrome, access the webstore, login and run the extension. Check the PS+ option and unmark all the other options.

Thanks. Do I have to feed my PSN username/password through the extension at any point? I don't really want to do that part.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It feels like an LRG game but there are other publishers who deal with retail indies. Putty Squad was Maximum Games in America for Vita and Teslagrad was Soedesco in Europe for example.

Yeah, there's a couple, but like you said, it feels like LRG, haha.
Soedesco is supposed to be releasing Teslagrad in the US later this year too.... still waiting.

I love how this thread swings from super optimism into depression almost monthly haha

I think the thing is there's always good news mixed in with bad news.

So like, good news on the localizations side - Bamco are hitting the console harder than ever, we're even getting an exclusive Gundam localization this year.

Bad news, you'll talk to Anihawk who makes it clear that NISA aren't done with the Vita, but it's a lot more unlikely we'll get exclusive games going forward, when that's all that's N1 is releasing in Japan and loads of them look great.

Good news in western games - 2K seem to have noticed the console exists after having basically done nothing other than letting Sony port Borderlands previously.

Bad news, a few indies I was looking forward to were cancelled last month.

So it's ups and downs. I still think regardless the Vita has a good 2016 if things keep going the way they are.

We'll probably have to import Miku X, yeah. Would be cool to know one way or another. I don't mind pre-ordering already if I know they won't announce localization the day after my copy ships.

Why do you think we'll have to import it? The last two came over, and were very successful. The first one was originally PS3 only, then that did well enough they did the Vita version digitally, then that did well enough that the second one got PS3 and physical Vita versions at the same time. I don't see any reason Miku X won't get localized.

Why do you think we'll have to import it? The last two came over, and were very successful. The first one was originally PS3 only, then that did well enough they did the Vita version digitally, then that did well enough that the second one got PS3 and physical Vita versions at the same time. I don't see any reason Miku X won't get localized.

I don't know why I said localization when I just meant physical release in the west. I'd love to be 100% wrong and get another one for X, but it's hard to predict what relatively mainstream companies like Sega will do.

I don't know why I said localization when I just meant physical release in the west. I'd love to be 100% wrong and get another one for X, but it's hard to predict what relatively mainstream companies like Sega will do.
What has Sega been doing digital-only? Their last Vita release I remember is Dengeki Bunko, and that was physical.

Shizuka

The first Project Diva F on the Vita was DD-only, but the second was physical and digital. I doubt they'll go back to just digital, specially since it won't be a multiplatform release as the PS4 version is far from done.

I heard from a friend that Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble looks pretty similar to Uppers when that trailer came out. He also said it doesn't work/preforms bad? with newer PSP models. Has anyone tried to see how it works on Vita? Its on sale right now and Im looking to pick it up.

Prelude.

I heard from a friend that Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble looks pretty similar to Uppers when that trailer came out. He also said it doesn't work/preforms bad? with newer PSP models. Has anyone tried to see how it works on Vita? Its on sale right now and Im looking to pick it up.
It's similar (same devs) but KB is way, way more janky and "stiff" and the combat is pretty meh. It's still a great game, but you have to like the genre/theme to appreciate it. Here's CGR's review.
I've only played it on the last PSP model (that one without wifi) and it works perfectly. It shouldn't have any issue on Vita.

omg_mjd

Got it on PSN a while back. Plays great, no issues on my Vita.

It's similar (same devs) but KB is way, way more janky and "stiff" and the combat is pretty meh. It's still a great game, but you have to like the genre/theme to appreciate it. Here's CGR's review.
I've only played it on the last PSP model (that one without wifi) and it works perfectly. It shouldn't have any issue on Vita.

Got it on PSN a while back. Plays great, no issues on my Vita.
Alright thanks! I'll definitely pick it up now.

redcrayon

Just looked at the latest trailer for Setsuna on the Vita Lounge. Really excited for it, it's clearly had some care put into it and it reminds me of Bravely Default in that it seems to be a response to players saying 'we liked the old jrpgs with turn-based battles and airships that can whizz around on a map!'. I hope it's successful just to prove to Square Enix that there's there's room for smaller projects besides FF spin-offs.

Faustek

Attack on Titan running on Vita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cnznmmvBtI

Looks fine to me.

a few popins here and there in the distance but if you don't notice who cares? ^^

What has Sega been doing digital-only? Their last Vita release I remember is Dengeki Bunko, and that was physical.

Wasn't that physical in US only? Whereas Europe got the digital only treatment?

there's there's room for smaller projects besides FF spin-offs.

Yes, yes there is. I hope :)

Shizuka

Shinobido 2 removed from the NA & EU PSN Stores:

Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen was a Vita launch title in Japan, Europe and North America. It was published by Bandai Namco in the West and Spike (Chunsoft) in Japan.

It's been noted that the game has been removed from both european and american PSN stores, but not from the japanese PSN store, meaning it has probably something to do with Namco's license expiring, as the game is about to turn four years old in a week.

You might still find physical copies for sale, although you can expect prices to rise after this.

Fady K

How have you guys been? What have you guys been playing?

I've been enjoying the HECK out of Virtue's Last Reward. Every Vita owner here who likes interesting stories - GO BUY THIS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. What a game!!!!! (I'm like 40% through, game has SO much content and sets the benchmark for how to get other endings in games by allowing you to jump to the EXACT points where you can take a different branching path).

Here are some updates (main page updated as well with new announcements like Shiren (!)) :D

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Level 22 (Feb 11)
6n1a4IN.jpg

We Are Doomed!
RH7rRm5.jpg

Siralim
EoblWCU.png

Breath of Fire III
SzHrH2L.jpg

* ClaDun Sengoku - New Vita RPG from Nippon Ichi, launching on May 26 in Japan. Teaser website here.
ClaDun-Sengoku-Teaser-Site.jpg

le7fkMH.jpg

* Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna - new trailer. Comes out next week in Japan, with a global release to follow.
Ikenie-Yuki-Setsuna-Web-CM_02-09-16.jpg

* Dragon Quest Heroes II - initial screenshots have been revealed (out in Japan on May 27):
DQH2_02-09-16_001.jpg

DQH2_02-09-16_002.jpg

DQH2_02-09-16_004.jpg

DQH2_02-09-16_005.jpg

DQH2_02-09-16_006.jpg

DQH2_02-09-16_009.jpg

* Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 and Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Success Special will both launch in Japan on April 28. Opening movie here.
Jikkyou-Power-Pro-Baseball-2016-OP-Movie.jpg

* Bullet Girls 2 here's the boxart:
Bullet-Girls-2-JP-Cover_02-07-16.jpg

* Aegis of Earth will be coming to Europe as well thanks to PQube. Release date - Q1 2016.
Aegis-Earth-EU-Release-Ann.jpg

* Summon Night 6: Lost Borders - Enjoy some new screens and artworks (and some off-screen footage):
Summon-Night-6_02-04-16_001.jpg

Summon-Night-6_02-04-16_002.jpg

Summon-Night-6_02-04-16_003.jpg

Summon-Night-6_02-04-16_004.jpg

Summon-Night-6_02-04-16_005.jpg

Summon-Night-6_02-04-16_007.jpg

Summon-Night-6_02-04-16_010.jpg

Summon-Night-6_02-04-16_011.jpg

Summon-Night-6_02-04-16_017.jpg

Summon-Night-6_02-04-16_022.jpg

* Digimon World: Next Order - enjoy some new screenshots:
Digimon-World-Next-Order_2016_02-04-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

Digimon-World-Next-Order_2016_02-04-16_002.jpg_600.jpg

Digimon-World-Next-Order_2016_02-04-16_003.jpg_600.jpg

* Superbeat Xonic is receiving three DLC packs on Feb 23:
Superbeat-Xonic_2016_02-04-16_001.jpg

Superbeat-Xonic_2016_02-04-16_002-600x340.jpg

Superbeat-Xonic_2016_02-04-16_003-600x340.jpg

* Gundam Breaker 3 - new footage.
GB3-Vita-Gameplay_02-04-16.jpg

* Toukiden 2 - first screenshots have been revealed:
Toukiden-2_02-04-16_001.jpg

Toukiden-2_02-04-16_002.jpg

Toukiden-2_2016_02-04-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

Toukiden-2_2016_02-04-16_003.jpg_600.jpg

Toukiden-2_2016_02-04-16_004.jpg_600.jpg

Toukiden-2_2016_02-04-16_006.jpg_600.jpg

Toukiden-2_2016_02-04-16_009.jpg_600.jpg

* Rose & the Old Castle of Twilight - Debut trailer.
Rose-Castle-Twilight-PV_02-04-16.jpg

* Downwell For those who missed the news, Downwell is officially coming to the Vita now, not just being tested for it. Great news.
downwell-screen-03.png

* Ninja Senki DX is hitting the Vita on February 23. New trailer.
ninjasenki_thumb.png

* LEGO Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens will be coming to the Vita on June 28. Here's the cool trailer.
GkNFlk1l.jpg

Would love this game too but I'm in a NA account and would be no fair for me to have it . so whoever has a eu account , you are lucky !
In any case is great from you fady to do this kind of giveaway. Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words incpdo! I was lucky enough to receive a code from the developer and as I already have it I immediately thought of you guys <3

Yes, I'm from the Netherlands!

My friend - I took forever! I'm sorry about that - did you end up buying the game or not yet? Let me know so I can send you a PM :)

If the code is still available, I recently acquired a VITA and would LOVE to replay this game. I had the original on PSone, good times were had back in the day.

Hi DaanMuffin, major apologies since I promised it to another poster first, however if they ended up buying it already, I'll be sure to PM you the code. I sure wish I could give all you guys free games cause the Vita community sure deserves it :D

I really want to play Yomawari (Night Watch). That's one of my most-wanted localizations right now. The creature designs are so cool and unique and I love the look and feel of the whole thing.

Firefly Diary was a success, wasn't it? Is there any reason why Yomawari is still MIA? :(

Preach bro - I REALLY want Night Watch as well. I don't get why NIS does not bring over ANY of their horror-themed stuff :(

Hey, thanks for remembering Iconoclasts, haha

<3 <3 <3

Though I only have about 65 games on mine, this is my essential philosophy as well. I'd really prefer to have as large a collection as possible. So I very much want a larger card; I only have about 5 gigs left, which isn't sufficient for all the remaining games I'd like to add to that collection.

ethelred has posted in my Vita thread, that's one off the bucket list :D

Wow indeed. Who saw this coming??

It was Guilty Gear.

Whoops, serves me right for not checking. On the other hand, not a particularly large surprise, since they did EU duty for ArcSys games for ages prior to some sort of falling out around Chronophantasma's initial release (which lead to the disaster that was Xrd's European release). But yeah...

Top Bottom